00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kheyindae just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

147,685 Views | 762 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-01 17:53:50

How bout now.....

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-02 21:08:33

My friend pet dog, I just remember that i still have a pic on my junk drive.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-05 17:03:03

Been told that I don't color often, so here is sumthin i did for this morning that took mostly my morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-06 14:57:04

Placebo

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-17 22:30:15

Bump me thread with prutty colors, may have taken an hour or 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-06-18 17:40:38

Practice

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-05 14:31:22

wippidy doo dah yay

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-05 15:46:03

I really love your poses and linearts and color choices, but I'd just recommend making it less blurry. I don't know, looks like you lose the "shape" a little when you color like that, if that makes sense.

At 6/5/11 05:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Been told that I don't color often, so here is sumthin i did for this morning that took mostly my morning.
At 6/17/11 10:30 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Bump me thread with prutty colors, may have taken an hour or 2.
At 6/18/11 05:40 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Practice

I like those a lot!!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-07 20:42:29

At 7/5/11 03:46 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I really love your poses and linearts and color choices, but I'd just recommend making it less blurry. I don't know, looks like you lose the "shape" a little when you color like that, if that makes sense.

At 6/5/11 05:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Been told that I don't color often, so here is sumthin i did for this morning that took mostly my morning.
At 6/17/11 10:30 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Bump me thread with prutty colors, may have taken an hour or 2.
At 6/18/11 05:40 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Practice
I like those a lot!!

i think i get what you mean about the blurry, this is why im currently trying to complete this samurai pic to get a different impression on the look finish and look unfinish look and thx ;D.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-07 22:45:13

At 7/7/11 08:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: i think i get what you mean about the blurry, this is why im currently trying to complete this samurai pic to get a different impression on the look finish and look unfinish look and thx ;D.

Looking good Zane, much cleaner than most of your work ;D

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-09 14:07:59

At 7/7/11 10:45 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/7/11 08:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: i think i get what you mean about the blurry, this is why im currently trying to complete this samurai pic to get a different impression on the look finish and look unfinish look and thx ;D.
Looking good Zane, much cleaner than most of your work ;D

Yay

but the samurai unfortunately have to be in hold til i finish this tarot card of death.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-10 14:58:14

i think i got myself an overall look, naow to clean it

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-12 09:26:45

background choices, background choices, background choices, background salsa

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-14 13:17:36

samurai current progress

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-16 12:23:19

Drew for fun, dont think i'll plan on finishing it. lots of idea was goin about, like foreshortening, color schemes, no-grayscale coloring, solid colors, boobs, torn tights, and face. Oh, and armor design (that was planned to be over parts of the body).......naow i felt like continuing this D:

Probably after i finish the samurai.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-16 18:11:21

Drew sumthin absolutely adwurable :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-18 15:21:14

another blue art to be art active a day.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-19 14:41:01

blue art 2

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-19 14:46:40

I dig your art, your stuff just kinda POPS! :D what program are you using out of curiosity? :0

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-19 16:38:16

At 7/19/11 02:46 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: I dig your art, your stuff just kinda POPS! :D what program are you using out of curiosity? :0

photoshop cs3 and thx :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-19 18:48:10

self portrait wip

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-19 18:52:09

ahhh cool cool :3
self portrait is turning out good.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-20 04:45:58

At 7/19/11 06:48 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: self portrait wip

Coming out really well, most of the shading you have in place seems allright but it could be strengthened a bit. The nose appears to be coming along very well, but the mouth needs some work... My experience with (especially male) mouths is to not give them too much definition; they tend to kind of blend in with the skin.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-20 12:05:36

At 7/20/11 04:45 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 7/19/11 06:48 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: self portrait wip
Coming out really well, most of the shading you have in place seems allright but it could be strengthened a bit. The nose appears to be coming along very well, but the mouth needs some work... My experience with (especially male) mouths is to not give them too much definition; they tend to kind of blend in with the skin.

Strengthen shading, blend mouth in the skin, and....that all i got. I'll remember to put the portrait to its appropriate size once I get an overall idea how it will look.

Blue art for the day, "pointing thy finger, to thy judgement" :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-21 12:51:46

blue art of the day, circles make up alot of things....thats all i got.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-22 16:20:03

Blend practice, saw this tut, and imitate it (even though i cant remember wut exactly was the color of choices were, and there were more to it than this).

The right is wut it looks when all I do is do the opacity stroke with the available colors and stop, as you can see the result lets the right ball stand out more because of how much contrast is there between the colors.

The left is wut it looks when i took the orb from the right and continuously sample the colors and stroke as it took in colors in between, see how the sense of the blue and yellowish colors just blend in the left orb.

Wut I learn from the experience, contrast between colors really stand out but blending can natural leave things cleaner but unnoticed, this the technique better.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-23 03:46:23

At 7/10/11 02:58 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: i think i got myself an overall look, naow to clean it

I know this is old, but I really think this could look a lot better and has a lot of potential to be a really great drawing if you worked on it a lot more.
I know you posted the 'finished' drawing, but i feel like this WIP is better then the final one.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-23 07:31:31

At 7/22/11 04:20 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Wut I learn from the experience, contrast between colors really stand out but blending can natural leave things cleaner but unnoticed, this the technique better.

There is of course a sort of middle ground that takes the best of both where the transitions are smooth like in the left one but the contrast is still there. I had to teach myself to not want to oversmoothen everything, and it's still something I sometimes struggle with. Oftentimes showing brushstrokes actually works better than smoothing everything.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-26 13:23:38

At 7/23/11 03:46 AM, TyraWM wrote:
At 7/10/11 02:58 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: i think i got myself an overall look, naow to clean it
I know this is old, but I really think this could look a lot better and has a lot of potential to be a really great drawing if you worked on it a lot more.
I know you posted the 'finished' drawing, but i feel like this WIP is better then the final one.

I guess I see what you mean, since the overall sketch version looks as though it was prepared to look something ambitious, but I did what I think could accomplish so far with it c|:{(

At 7/23/11 07:31 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 7/22/11 04:20 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Wut I learn from the experience, contrast between colors really stand out but blending can natural leave things cleaner but unnoticed, this the technique better.
There is of course a sort of middle ground that takes the best of both where the transitions are smooth like in the left one but the contrast is still there. I had to teach myself to not want to oversmoothen everything, and it's still something I sometimes struggle with. Oftentimes showing brushstrokes actually works better than smoothing everything.

We both must accomplish that thing that I cant really shorten the sentence of, THE MIDDLE! idea of blending.

AVAT round 2 is close to an end, so here a wip for my entry, my ambitious image revolves on the renaissance festival, a employee knight giving balloons to kids, a joust somewhere, tents design to look renaissance looking, and advertise knight stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-07-30 15:45:57

Dont think i can manage to put in a festive joust and tents in the background in time, gotta go with plan Q.

BBS Signature