00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

629,561 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-19 14:56:55

i would like to join.

1.wal-mart brand guitarelectric with distortion pedal
2.metallica
3.almost a year.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-20 17:18:07

When I asked for your opinion I asked which one is better as far as its sound, etc... not how expensive it is. Even the Gibson one around I want the best quality, which normally not the cheapest. I want to save up and get the best, even if I end up getting the $1500 one ( $1000 on Musician's Friend).

At 6/19/05 02:56 PM, you_are_a_jackass wrote: i would like to join.

1.wal-mart brand guitarelectric with distortion pedal
2.metallica
3.almost a year.

Welcome.
A Walmart Guitar? wtf. Um ok if you want a sig, I will need a little help here.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-20 17:19:40

At 6/20/05 05:18 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: When I asked for your opinion I asked which one is better as far as its sound, etc... not how expensive it is. Even the Gibson one around I want the best quality, which normally not the cheapest. I want to save up and get the best, even if I end up getting the $1500 one ( $1000 on Musician's Friend).

Question: What exactly is teh differnces between the 1958 Gibson Flying V and the 1967 Gibson Faded Flying V?

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-20 17:42:20

At 6/20/05 05:19 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Question: What exactly is teh differnces between the 1958 Gibson Flying V and the 1967 Gibson Faded Flying V?

Its just quality of the build, wood, pickups used.

For example one of them will be better because the year it was made would have seen to have been a breakthrough period or a year where a better luthier was hired. Or something like that. I know that Gibson Les Paul Standard 1964 (might be 69 not sure) are considered the best type of Les Paul. Because the construction was superior to any other year.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-20 18:39:51

Could I join?

1. Some crappy washburn
2. Led Zeppelin or the Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Like 2 or 3 months (I'm teaching myself)

I also play drums.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-22 02:59:06

At 6/20/05 05:42 PM, GibSG wrote:
At 6/20/05 05:19 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Question: What exactly is teh differnces between the 1958 Gibson Flying V and the 1967 Gibson Faded Flying V?
Its just quality of the build, wood, pickups used.

For example one of them will be better because the year it was made would have seen to have been a breakthrough period or a year where a better luthier was hired. Or something like that. I know that Gibson Les Paul Standard 1964 (might be 69 not sure) are considered the best type of Les Paul. Because the construction was superior to any other year.

Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for.

At 6/20/05 06:39 PM, fatboy023456 wrote: Could I join?

1. Some crappy washburn
2. Led Zeppelin or the Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Like 2 or 3 months (I'm teaching myself)

I also play drums.

Yeah, I guess you are in.

...And in other news... the Next Generation of Guitar Sigs are here. Say goodbye to the standard setup and backgrounds... I will make your sig as cool looking and as orginal as I can :)
Here is an example...

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-22 15:04:36

At 6/20/05 05:18 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: When I asked for your opinion I asked which one is better as far as its sound, etc... not how expensive it is. Even the Gibson one around I want the best quality, which normally not the cheapest. I want to save up and get the best, even if I end up getting the $1500 one ( $1000 on Musician's Friend).

Sorry. I don't think there's much of a difference in sound, and I am not much of an expert on the quality of Gibsons. I don't like the "Gibson" sound... I think it's wayy to muddy, doesn't have enough articulation on the strings. I like the more mid-rangy sound of the carvin and fender pickups I use. I like that snarl, rather than the sludgy, almost muffled (in my opinion) sound of the Gibson pickups. So I can't help you there.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-23 19:39:02

At 6/22/05 02:59 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote: ...And in other news... the Next Generation of Guitar Sigs are here. Say goodbye to the standard setup and backgrounds... I will make your sig as cool looking and as orginal as I can :)
Here is an example...

Holy fuck!
I know I must have asked for a zillion sigs from you in the past,but I just gotsta
have one!
If you have the patience to make me a 3rd or 4th sig that would be bloody awesome,and could you do it with a Greg Bennett explorer+write Samick explorer on the pic.

BTW Samicks have a bad name,but I payed $380 for this baby new and it sounds bloody good.I dunno who this Greg Bennett guy is but whatever he did to Samick made their guitars 100% better.

BTW,heres the pic.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-23 22:14:01

Anybody have any tabs of songs from Grand Declaration of War by Mayhem? I love the riffs, but they go so fast I can't tab them well. :(

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-24 01:04:27

At 6/23/05 07:39 PM, rotten_foreskin wrote: Holy fuck!
I know I must have asked for a zillion sigs from you in the past,but I just gotsta
have one!
If you have the patience to make me a 3rd or 4th sig that would be bloody awesome,and could you do it with a Greg Bennett explorer+write Samick explorer on the pic.

BTW Samicks have a bad name,but I payed $380 for this baby new and it sounds bloody good.I dunno who this Greg Bennett guy is but whatever he did to Samick made their guitars 100% better.

BTW,heres the pic.

This is the 4th I made for you and the 3rd that you requested.
I was not sure what to write for the axe's name, so i just said Samick Explorer, hope thats ok :)

If any one else wants a sig, just request it here, and I will get it done as soon as I can.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-25 00:02:01

Just because I recorded a really cool guitar solo today, I'm gonna let you play it, here's the tab:

[{11-14-18}x6-------------------{11-14-18}x6-------------------------------
--19-----------------------19-]
[-------------------{14-17-21}x3-------------------{14-17-21}x3----------19
-----19--------------19------]
[--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--16-20--------------20-16-20----------]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]

[-------------19-22~(23)~~~21-(23)~~~21-------------19--------------------1
9---------------14~~~~---]
[19----------------------------------------------------------19----19------
-------19---19----------------------16]
[----20-16-----------------------------------------16-20------------20-16-2
0----------20-16-----------------]
[--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------16-------------]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]

[----------------------------------------16-18~~~~---------]
[14-16~~~~-14-{12-16-19}x6----------------16~~~]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]

Of course, that's not my whole solo, but a clip of it I thought you guys should try and play, it sounds neat. :) And, of course, those notes are 12th notes. The meter is 3/4 at around 140 or so beats per minute, so have fun with my solo!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-25 00:04:42

Damn bbs system! What I meant with the tab is that each string begins with a [ and each string's tab ends with a ]. Since this screen I'm typing on now is larger than the screen where the messages are displayed, there was some spillover. So if the tab doesn't have a [ next to it, it's just a continuation of the tab above it. Sry!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-25 02:31:34

I do believe I'll join here.
My favourite guitar is my Yamaha AES 620... a nice LP ripoff.
As for favourite musician, it'd have to be Jason Becker. Racer X is quite good, too.
I've been playing guitar (self-taught) for a bit more than two years so far. I rarely take time to learn songs by bands, and I'm usually playing stuff that I've written, or writing more. I'll likely be able to get some sort of video or sound clip eventually, if I can ever get the microphone on my computer working.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-26 17:15:05

At 6/25/05 02:31 AM, muh_not_stooped wrote: I do believe I'll join here.
My favourite guitar is my Yamaha AES 620... a nice LP ripoff.
As for favourite musician, it'd have to be Jason Becker. Racer X is quite good, too.
I've been playing guitar (self-taught) for a bit more than two years so far. I rarely take time to learn songs by bands, and I'm usually playing stuff that I've written, or writing more. I'll likely be able to get some sort of video or sound clip eventually, if I can ever get the microphone on my computer working.

Holy shit, it's muh? Hmm, maybe you remember me, I was called kornfreaker(blargh, yes, that was a long time ago)...the wicked times in the OCP....

anyway welcome to the club, long time no see, dude.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-27 14:30:34

At 6/26/05 05:15 PM, Goatchrist wrote: stuff

Did you read my tab? It's awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-27 16:47:54

At 6/27/05 02:30 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Did you read my tab? It's awesome.

It does look great indeed(I copied it into my text browser, I got it right, hopefully).

BTW, guys, I got a new guitar, love it a lot, it wansn't expensive, but it beats my Warlock easily:

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-27 19:42:52

At 6/27/05 04:47 PM, Goatchrist wrote:
At 6/27/05 02:30 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Did you read my tab? It's awesome.
It does look great indeed(I copied it into my text browser, I got it right, hopefully).

BTW, guys, I got a new guitar, love it a lot, it wansn't expensive, but it beats my Warlock easily:

It looks totally metal! Btw, if you played it so fast that the notes were undistinguishable, then you did it right. That was only part of the solo, I'd say about an eighth of it or something. I probably can't play it that much, because I drank a quadruple shot espresso right before recording. :( You are going to have to send a sample of the guitar's tone, because it looks like it sounds rad!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-28 02:13:08

At 6/27/05 07:42 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: It looks totally metal! Btw, if you played it so fast that the notes were undistinguishable, then you did it right. That was only part of the solo, I'd say about an eighth of it or something. I probably can't play it that much, because I drank a quadruple shot espresso right before recording. :( You are going to have to send a sample of the guitar's tone, because it looks like it sounds rad!

Hehe, well, it's the first guitar of mine where I actually like the stock pick-ups. They have a crunchier tone and the palm mutes sound a lot heavier now :D . They are also better for lead.

Yeah, remember me in a week, because my up/download value is almost out for this month, okay?

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-28 21:30:40

At 6/28/05 02:13 AM, Goatchrist wrote:
Hehe, well, it's the first guitar of mine where I actually like the stock pick-ups. They have a crunchier tone and the palm mutes sound a lot heavier now :D . They are also better for lead.

Awesome, we'll have heavier Shores of Sheol.

Yeah, remember me in a week, because my up/download value is almost out for this month, okay?

K

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-28 21:36:33

At 6/24/05 01:04 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote: If any one else wants a sig, just request it here, and I will get it done as soon as I can.

Well I want one... do I need to give you a picture or can I just tell you the guitar?

If I can just tell you, I'd to have a heritage cherry sunburst Les Paul. Also, could the background have psychadelic colors and other crap like that?

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-28 22:04:33

At 6/28/05 09:36 PM, fatboy023456 wrote: Well I want one... do I need to give you a picture or can I just tell you the guitar?

If I can just tell you, I'd to have a heritage cherry sunburst Les Paul. Also, could the background have psychadelic colors and other crap like that?

One Psychadelic sig...

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-28 23:07:51

At 6/28/05 09:36 PM, fatboy023456 wrote:
At 6/24/05 01:04 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote: If any one else wants a sig, just request it here, and I will get it done as soon as I can.
Well I want one... do I need to give you a picture or can I just tell you the guitar?

If you guys want I can make goatse sigs... Just kidding!! I was being sarcastic about how much of this club revolves around guitar sigs and new members, we should talk more about guitars and guitarangz0r. What do you guys think?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 02:53:49

At 6/28/05 11:07 PM, The_Ghoul wrote:
At 6/28/05 09:36 PM, fatboy023456 wrote:

If you guys want I can make goatse sigs... Just kidding!! I was being sarcastic about how much of this club revolves around guitar sigs and new members, we should talk more about guitars and guitarangz0r. What do you guys think?

Hell yeah, we need more discussion in here, my sigs and new members joining is pratcially the only thing keeping this threadn alive. :|

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 03:32:45

Like anyones interested,but at least it keeps the thread flowing.

Here's some pics of my axe.I've just been playing Temptation by Slayer on it through my new Korg effects unit (not the best out there but still cheap and nice) and i'm in love with it.I even chose it over a $700 ESP,it just sounds better.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 03:40:01

Here's a more zoomed-out pic.

Completely off topic but who cares-My band entered Cokesmokefree New Zealand Schools Rockquest the other day and came 15th out of 40 rock/metal bands that entered around our region.

Not too bad when you consider the fact that no one in our band is older than 14 and most of the bands that entered are around 18/19.I'm surprised actually.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 03:41:52

>:( forgot pic

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 04:13:26

At 6/29/05 03:41 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote: >:( forgot pic

I see a cardboard box that says "FRAGILE"
Have you been using the box that it came in as a case?

At 6/29/05 03:40 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote: Here's a more zoomed-out pic.

Completely off topic but who cares-My band entered Cokesmokefree New Zealand Schools Rockquest the other day and came 15th out of 40 rock/metal bands that entered around our region.

Not too bad when you consider the fact that no one in our band is older than 14 and most of the bands that entered are around 18/19.I'm surprised actually.

Thats pretty cool dude, what style(s) of Rock/Metal does your band play?

btw did you get the Megadeth Sig I made you, its been sitting there in your Metallica Sig Thread fro quite some time.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 04:35:58

I was feeling a little guilty with your sig... whenever I promisem to make sothing like that to look as coolas possible... well, I just felt that I didin't do a very good job.
So... Here is Version 2, Red and Black on Metallic. Hope you like it... more than any other guitar sig I made for you so far...
Plus I was boed.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 05:20:48

I love you.My band plays a kinda slow,heavy open thrash metal.The closest example I can think of is that song by Metallica called ''Sad But True''.My shitty $40 Hondo just wasn't doing the distortion thing,so I went to the shop and saw this beast.It created the EXACT tone I needed,so I Bought it on the day and the only modification i did was put heavy strings on it and raised the action.I can't downtune it past drop-D because of how high it's raised,but thats just how I love it.The ''Fragile'' case was there from an old guitar my dad ordered.My case was in my room and I couldn't be fucked fetching it so I just put it in there and took a quick photo.

I <3 it and the humbuckers are awesome.At Rockquest we played two of our original songs and to finish it off played ''Ronnie'' by Metallica.It was the first concert I've played with a mosh pit. <3

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 15:32:07

At 6/29/05 05:20 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote: I love you.My band plays a kinda slow,heavy open thrash metal.The closest example I can think of is that song by Metallica called ''Sad But True''.My shitty $40 Hondo just wasn't doing the distortion thing,so I went to the shop and saw this beast.It created the EXACT tone I needed,so I Bought it on the day and the only modification i did was put heavy strings on it and raised the action.I can't downtune it past drop-D because of how high it's raised,but thats just how I love it.The ''Fragile'' case was there from an old guitar my dad ordered.My case was in my room and I couldn't be fucked fetching it so I just put it in there and took a quick photo.

I <3 it and the humbuckers are awesome.At Rockquest we played two of our original songs and to finish it off played ''Ronnie'' by Metallica.It was the first concert I've played with a mosh pit. <3

Ah, that would explain the cardboard box.
So more slow, heavy, Thrash Metal. I havent heard nor have that song by metallica, but I think I got a pretty good idea of what it sounds like.
As for my sound... I still need to get a new amp, and some effects pedals, all I have is a Tube Turbo Screamer, but that isnt giving me the sound I am looking for, and I have been using my little brother's bass amp, but that isnt really that good. My dad said he was going to give me his Fender Twin, but he still needs to get it out of storage -_-

Also... I have figured out how to make custom glows in photoshop, so expect better effects on sigs in the future.