00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wikistudios just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

633,537 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 10:23:14

At 7/8/05 02:02 AM, The_Ghoul wrote: HAHAHAHA u use sound recorder. I use more sophisticated equipment *holds nose in the air* And my equipment involves a USB connection, so you might just want to spend money to get some quality equipment. Trust me, you will look back and wonder how you ever survived without it.

Where can I get this equipment you use? I'll have a look on eBay if you gimme an example.
Plus I got software, I just need something which allows me to plug my guitar into my PC.

Also, can I hear some sample riffs? Are they in teh AP? Thnx.

Aye some are in the audio portal. However they are all played straight into the PC. All are done by using my Japocaster, and done using Sound Recorder. Plus I've made some better riffs. Although some of my favourite riffs are in the audio portal. Its just they are using there full potential without my Epiphone/Marshall.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 10:28:29

At 7/8/05 10:23 AM, -Nev- wrote: Its just they are using there full potential without my Epiphone/Marshall.

Ermm. I meant, "Its just they aren't using there full potential...."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 12:56:58

At 7/8/05 10:23 AM, -Nev- wrote:
At 7/8/05 02:02 AM, The_Ghoul wrote: HAHAHAHA u use sound recorder. I use more sophisticated equipment *holds nose in the air* And my equipment involves a USB connection, so you might just want to spend money to get some quality equipment. Trust me, you will look back and wonder how you ever survived without it.
Where can I get this equipment you use? I'll have a look on eBay if you gimme an example.
Plus I got software, I just need something which allows me to plug my guitar into my PC.

I use a Tascam US-122 and Cubasis VST software. It's like the difference between a cheap 90 dollar guitar and a 700 dollar Carvin. It's that much of a difference. You will FEEL the difference, and hear it too. Plus, you have WAAAAYYYY more control, and you can have up to 8 layers in your music.

Also, can I hear some sample riffs? Are they in teh AP? Thnx.
Aye some are in the audio portal. However they are all played straight into the PC. All are done by using my Japocaster, and done using Sound Recorder. Plus I've made some better riffs. Although some of my favourite riffs are in the audio portal. Its just they are using there full potential without my Epiphone/Marshall.

Chool. Oh, and check out my website. It's in my sig, it's new. :)

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 13:37:06

At 7/8/05 12:56 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: I use a Tascam US-122 and Cubasis VST software. It's like the difference between a cheap 90 dollar guitar and a 700 dollar Carvin. It's that much of a difference. You will FEEL the difference, and hear it too. Plus, you have WAAAAYYYY more control, and you can have up to 8 layers in your music.

Haha, my mate gave me Cubasis VST 4 like 3 days ago so I could record on my PC.

What are the chances?
I'll have a look for the Tascam US-122.
Oh, and thanks :D.

Chool. Oh, and check out my website. It's in my sig, it's new. :)

I'll have a look later and give you some feedback.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 13:50:30

I play a Fender Telecaster
I have been playing for15 years
My favorite bands SOAD, Rammstein, Slipknot, Immortal, and Emperor

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 13:56:01

At 7/8/05 01:50 PM, DeviousHaik wrote: I play a Fender Telecaster
I have been playing for15 years
My favorite bands SOAD, Rammstein, Slipknot, Immortal, and Emperor

What are the chances? SOAD and Immortal in the same sentance. Now lemme ask you: Old Immortal or new? And DAYUM!!!!!!!! 15 FUCKING YAERS? I've only been playing for 6 or 7 yaers.

Welcome, homes.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 14:00:45

I love the old immortal when they first started. Anyways its sad Immortal broke up. I have been playing for 14 years and I love it my guitar so much. The Fender Telecaster was put on the market in 1950 I think. I like SOAD because there Armenian and obviously I'm pure armenian

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 14:35:54

At 7/8/05 02:00 PM, DeviousHaik wrote: I love the old immortal when they first started. Anyways its sad Immortal broke up. I have been playing for 14 years and I love it my guitar so much. The Fender Telecaster was put on the market in 1950 I think. I like SOAD because there Armenian and obviously I'm pure armenian

Hahaha :) Too bad I'm american, and most american music sucks ass. :( All of the chool riffs are taken by bands like Dissection. :( Oh well. Pic of the tele? Plz.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 16:30:34

I have a really crappy acoustic guitar! it has a name but i really doubt anybody's heard of it. i've been playing for almost 1 year and my favorite band is Guns N Roses.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 16:57:52

well right now im pretty nifty withhte blues and i made a few songs up but pretty much it would be awesome to meet other guitarist ans share music and stuff liek that and oyu know someone finds a new crazy chord I''m all over it :)

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 17:07:55

At 7/8/05 04:30 PM, Welcome2TheJungle wrote: my favorite band is Guns N Roses.

:D I love you!

Oh, Ghoul. I checked out eBay and saw that the Tascam thing is like £146. So I really can't afford it unless I get a job.

However my friend came round before and showed me how I could record using my mic (I thought it was broke, but it obviously wasn't. I just put it in the wrong hole). Anyways in a few days I'll record some of my songs (Since I broke my D string today and have to wait while I get my new strings from eBay).

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-09 16:24:11

About time I posted... this is part of a song I wrote a while ago, but I still like it. I'm not into too much heavy stuff.

Intro riff... 4/4 goes at about 150 bpm. Clean tone.
E||-----------------------------|---------
--------------------|
B||-----0--------0------------|-----0-----
---0-------------|
G||--------0--------0-----0--|--------0---
-----0-----0---|
D||-----------2--------2------|--0--------
0--------0------|
A||----------------------------|----------
--------------------|
E||--0-------------------------|----------
-------------------|

----------------------------|-------------
---------------|
-----0--------0------------|-----0--------
0-----------|
--------0--------0-----0--|--------0------
--0--------|
---------------|
--3--------3--------3-----|--3--------3---
-----------|
-------3--2--|

----------------|
----------------|
--------------0------------|--------------
0--------------|
--------2--------2-----2--|--------2------
--2-----2---|
-----2-----2--------2-----|-----2-----2---
-----2------|
--0------------------------|--2-----------
---------------|

-----------------|
-----------------|
--------------0------------|-----------2--
4--2---0-----|
--------2-----------4--2--|--------2------
---------4---|
-----2-----2-----2--------|-----3---------
--------------|
--3-------------------------|--5----------
----------------|

Repeat eight times, last six with other guitar (distorted) improvising over top.

Transition here... was always improvised.

Main riff... 4/4, 185

E||-------------------------------|-------
---------------------|
B||-------------------------------|-------
---------------------|
G||-------------------------------|-------
---------------------|
D||-------------------------------|-------
------2-------------|
A||-----------------2------------|--------
--2-----2----------|
E||--0--0--0--0--3-----3--0--|----0--3----
-------0--3--|

------------------------------|-----------
----------------|-------------------------
----|
----|
----|
-----------------2-----------|------------
-2------------|-----------------4---------
--|
--------------3-----3-------|----------3--
---3-----3--|--------------6-----6-------|
--5--5--5--5-----------5--|----5--5-------
----5-----|--7--7--7--7-----------7--|

---------------------------|--------------
----------|----------------------------||
-------------4------------|--9--------9---
-x--7--|----------7--5--4--------||
----------6-----6-----6--|--9--------9----
x--6--|-------6-----------7--6--||
----7--7-----------7-----|--7--------7----
x--7--|----7----------------------||

Repeated, second guitar follows a third above what this guitar plays.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-09 16:32:09

Wow, that sucked at posting properly. Hmm. Copy > paste in something else, I guess.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-09 19:52:05

At 7/9/05 04:32 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote: Wow, that sucked at posting properly. Hmm. Copy > paste in something else, I guess.

Eh... I didn't care. Even with this enourmous hangover I have right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-09 20:03:35

Maybe we should post our guitar/bands.

Sorry guys, i aint posted here for a while.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-09 23:32:40

At 7/9/05 08:03 PM, The_Clansman wrote: Maybe we should post our guitar/bands.

Sorry guys, i aint posted here for a while.

Chool. My band is Black Death, adn my one man project is Midian.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 04:28:03

My band is called Zeph, and we're sorta a mixture of Classic rock and heavy metal (Metallica and Sabbath esque).

So I'd put us in the Hard Rock catagory.And I gotta practice later at my mates house :(....and I got a hangover, so I'm hardly looking forward to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 06:20:37

Guitars:
-Ibanez Roadster
-Ibanez Cimar Star
-Aria Pro 2, Magna Series

I've been playing on and off for roughly 6 years.

Some of my favourite bands include Goratory, Guttural Secrete, Nile, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal and Mr Bungle.

I'm in a grind band called 'Perfecting The Torment', but I play drums, not guitar ;D

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 09:17:36

alright

my band is called "Corpsed" and we play some punk-infused Thrash Metal.

my one man band "Shores of Sheol" is black metal and you can find it in my SIG!

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 10:27:44

Well, i'd like a band, and i dont wanna sound big headed, but... Oh well, where i come from everyone is FUCKING SHIT! Its full of fucking 13 - 15 yr old kids who think they have become the ultimate guitarist playing a whole GREEN DAY SONG!! OH SNAP, WOOPDIFUCKINGDO!

And, when i do place ads to start a band everyone wants to be the same! Sound exactly the same as every other crap young band around. They wanna be "emo" like funeral for a friend, or box car racer, the list is endless... You have all heard them, they are the same. Rubbish recycled riffs, with crap singing and every now and again screaming, its just absolute rock turd.

Look, i'v only been playing for 2 years, that means i started when i was 14, i know i have a hulluva lot to learn, but i know for a FACT that playing green day and blink 182 riffs is not something to be proud of.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 12:20:55

Dude I play bassguitar, is that good enough?
Me band doesn't really got a name nowadayz, cos we don't figured out a good one yet. My idea was this means war(!) (eactually some other dude's idea, but he isn't in the band and I agreed) We play ska/punk. I dunno if i'll ever post here if you guys count me in, but wtf.
cya

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 14:46:10

At 7/10/05 06:20 AM, jarrydn wrote: Guitars:
-Ibanez Roadster
-Ibanez Cimar Star
-Aria Pro 2, Magna Series

I've been playing on and off for roughly 6 years.

Some of my favourite bands include Goratory, Guttural Secrete, Nile, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal and Mr Bungle.

I'm in a grind band called 'Perfecting The Torment', but I play drums, not guitar ;D

Damn I'm talking to the king of AP black metal. :) Love your work, Jarrydn. Why'd you quit submitting? Is it the same reason I quit submitting? Can't be, your scores are too high for that to happen. Big fan. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 18:42:18

i really don't like my bands name "Understatement" we haven't started recording anything yet though but we have written a little bit of schtuff

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 18:44:56

At 7/8/05 05:07 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 7/8/05 04:30 PM, Welcome2TheJungle wrote: my favorite band is Guns N Roses.
D I love you!

YAY! lol

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 19:27:28

Btw, if anybody was wondering, Black Death, my band, plays thrash-influenced Black metal.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 19:53:14

1.Jackson RR3 Rhodes
2.Carcass
3.About 6 yrs.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 21:08:47

At 7/10/05 07:27 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Btw, if anybody was wondering, Black Death, my band, plays thrash-influenced Black metal.

If you guys sound even a little bit like Aura Noir I will love you guys instantly :)

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 23:18:02

At 7/10/05 09:08 PM, Goatchrist wrote:
At 7/10/05 07:27 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Btw, if anybody was wondering, Black Death, my band, plays thrash-influenced Black metal.
If you guys sound even a little bit like Aura Noir I will love you guys instantly :)

Never heard Aura Noir. Is that Blasphemer's side project?

Anyways, Black Death sounds more like Ulver's Nattens Madrigal with slightly faster drums and about 4 times as many riffs. The production's really rough, so I doubt we sound like Aura Noir. (When I say rough, I mean ROUGH!.) The production is very grinding and hoarse, with some organic noise in the background, and Carnages screams often disappear into the background, whereas mine often pierce through the overwashed guitar. It sounds more like Subliminal Messages (Midian's old name) except it has faster drums (blastbeats) and sharper bass.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 23:31:14

Aura Noir are some kind of BlackSpeedThrash. Got their album Increased Damnation. Anyways I play lead guitar in a band called Cobi's Death. We sound like...well, a cross between Napalm Death and Mortician.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-10 23:54:35

Hey im Dave. I have a faded cherry gibson SG. I've been playing for like 2 years, or more.