00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Milliema1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

633,566 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 17:08:23

At 6/28/05 10:04 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
At 6/28/05 09:36 PM, fatboy023456 wrote: Well I want one... do I need to give you a picture or can I just tell you the guitar?

If I can just tell you, I'd to have a heritage cherry sunburst Les Paul. Also, could the background have psychadelic colors and other crap like that?
One Psychadelic sig...

Awesome sig, thanks.

Could someone explain to me what the hell a scale is?

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 19:37:31

At 6/29/05 05:08 PM, fatboy023456 wrote:
At 6/28/05 10:04 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
At 6/28/05 09:36 PM, fatboy023456 wrote: Well I want one... do I need to give you a picture or can I just tell you the guitar?

If I can just tell you, I'd to have a heritage cherry sunburst Les Paul. Also, could the background have psychadelic colors and other crap like that?
One Psychadelic sig...
Awesome sig, thanks.

No problemo.

Could someone explain to me what the hell a scale is?

Here's what Dictionary.com ahs to say about what a scale is:

Music. An ascending or descending collection of pitches proceeding by a specified scheme of intervals.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-29 23:38:55

Hey guys.
I completely hate Korn and I think their guitarist isn't even that good,but one of the riffs to one of their songs is COOL.

Get the tabs for their song called ''Predictable'',It's wicked!

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-30 04:07:47

At 6/29/05 11:38 PM, rotten_foreskin wrote: Hey guys.
I completely hate Korn and I think their guitarist isn't even that good,but one of the riffs to one of their songs is COOL.

Get the tabs for their song called ''Predictable'',It's wicked!

Yeah, most music nowadays lacks guitar solos and decent guitar playing in general.

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-30 04:27:01

At 6/30/05 04:07 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote:

lacks guitar solos and decent guitar playing in general.

Yeah,what happened to the good ol' days? BTW nice sig

Response to Guitarists 2005-06-30 14:22:04

At 6/30/05 04:27 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote:

They went down the toilet when corporate greed enslaved the music industry.
Nowadays the only music with talent is in the Underground, and the only thing that can bring music back to what it used to be is the underground.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-01 20:08:20

At 6/30/05 02:22 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
At 6/30/05 04:27 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote:

They went down the toilet when corporate greed enslaved the music industry.
Nowadays the only music with talent is in the Underground, and the only thing that can bring music back to what it used to be is the underground.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

<3

And btw, I'll bring back the guitar playing into music. >: )

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-01 22:35:06

angus young gibson
AC/DC
5 yrs

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-01 22:47:39

1 - Larrivee DV-10
2 - DavidCrowder*Band
3 - 8 months or something? heh...i learn fast.

anywho, my complete on-stage setup:

Larrivee DV-10 with LR Baggs Dual Source Pickup
RANE AP-13 Acoustic Preamp

Apple 12" iBook G4
Propellerhead Reason 3.0

hoping to get some effects...like BOSS pedals and such for the effects loop on the RANE. also might get some kind compressor for the effects insert, like a RNC, or a PreSonus. i also want to get an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile for the iBook, so i can get some better versatility and quality out of it.

that is all...for now. cheers an g'day.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-02 14:50:17

At 7/1/05 08:08 PM, Impious_Devious wrote: I agree with you wholeheartedly.

<3

And btw, I'll bring back the guitar playing into music. >: )

That we shall do! :)

At 7/1/05 10:35 PM, thecure89 wrote: angus young gibson
AC/DC
5 yrs

Welcome!

At 7/1/05 10:47 PM, Ted-Johnston wrote: 1 - Larrivee DV-10
2 - DavidCrowder*Band
3 - 8 months or something? heh...i learn fast.

anywho, my complete on-stage setup:

Larrivee DV-10 with LR Baggs Dual Source Pickup
RANE AP-13 Acoustic Preamp
Apple 12" iBook G4
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
hoping to get some effects...like BOSS pedals and such for the effects loop on the RANE. also might get some kind compressor for the effects insert, like a RNC, or a PreSonus. i also want to get an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile for the iBook, so i can get some better versatility and quality out of it.
that is all...for now. cheers an g'day.

Welcome to the club... and, you have only been playing 8 months and have much more effects than me, lol.
I need to save up for some more pedals... and a new amp.

Anyone want a Guitar sig?

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-02 15:26:25

I got me a gig (well my band).

Sometime in October, 30minute set in front of 660 odd people.

Do you guys recon thats good, considering we've only played 1 gig (school's leavers assembly). We've been as a band for a year and a half (same amount of time we've played guitar). I think its pretty impressive.

Well the drummers played drums for a good 3 ish years.
I've played guitar (and so has my friend) for a year and a half. (We got guitars to join a band, so our goodness is probs cause bands get the best outta people, and we've played as a band since day 1).
I've played bass since X-mas.
My friends played bass for like 2 months. *

*We have 3 members, 2 guitarists, 2 bassists and a drummer. Me and my other guitarist/bassist friend swap. So we can get two different styles through. And cause we both want to play each instrument. And we'e both too good to give up either instrument. So when we make an album we will have two songs. With so many parts parts (1.1, 1.2....2.1, 2.2..etc).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-02 18:50:10

Well... I just got a slide and I wanna know, is there any special technique to use it? When I try to use it it sounds like crap.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-02 19:27:21

At 7/2/05 06:50 PM, fatboy023456 wrote: Well... I just got a slide and I wanna know, is there any special technique to use it? When I try to use it it sounds like crap.

Yeah, put it on ya second or third finger. Then use the fingers behind it (either ya first, or first and second) and make them mute the strings. That way when you play only the slide won't scrape the strings (well it will, but it won't be audiable) and it won't leave any horrible noise.

Also for better results use a guitar with higher action. It makes it sound better.

Try and learn Freebird by Lynard Skynard, ace song and it's a really nice slide use.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 03:24:08

Hey guys.I know you're all probably bored shitless of me being a showoff and posting pics of my bitchin' guitar,but I got some good photos and I cant help it.

Here's a couple of the guitars my family's collected over the years.Guess which one's mine :).

Another pic of our wall mounted guitars

Our Warwick Corvette 4-string and one of our many Strats

One of my dads american series strats

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 15:39:32

C'mon guys.this thread is Dead.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 16:41:41

At 7/3/05 03:39 PM, rotten_foreskin wrote: C'mon guys.this thread is Dead.

Guitar threads progress slowly. Its not dead. Just not mega active (The GuitarTabber's is no better).

Ha who am I kidding of course it is ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 16:51:23

At 7/3/05 03:24 AM, rotten_foreskin wrote: Hey guys.I know you're all probably bored shitless of me being a showoff and posting pics of my bitchin' guitar,but I got some good photos and I cant help it.

Here's a couple of the guitars my family's collected over the years.Guess which one's mine :).

Another pic of our wall mounted guitars

Our Warwick Corvette 4-string and one of our many Strats

One of my dads american series strats

Nice guitars dude, so your family collects guitars?
I just have me BC Rich Beast and my old Fenders Squire Strat... why do i still have that one?

At 7/3/05 04:41 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 7/3/05 03:39 PM, rotten_foreskin wrote: C'mon guys.this thread is Dead.
Guitar threads progress slowly. Its not dead. Just not mega active (The GuitarTabber's is no better).

Ha who am I kidding of course it is ;)

Ah, its not dead... but it does move slowly... whihc is due to the fact that there isnt much discsussiion going on, or members.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 17:38:39

At 7/3/05 04:51 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Ah, its not dead... but it does move slowly... whihc is due to the fact that there isnt much discsussiion going on, or members.

Yeah, I mean its hard to do the whole 'Favourite solo, riff, song to play, etc'. more than once.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 19:41:01

At 7/3/05 05:38 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 7/3/05 04:51 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Ah, its not dead... but it does move slowly... whihc is due to the fact that there isnt much discsussiion going on, or members.
Yeah, I mean its hard to do the whole 'Favourite solo, riff, song to play, etc'. more than once.

Well, what I'm doing for one song is putting my acoustic twelve string through my distortion and seeing what happens. It has a calmer more subdued tone, anyway, so I can find use for it.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-03 23:59:44

At 6/26/05 05:15 PM, Goatchrist wrote:
Holy shit, it's muh? Hmm, maybe you remember me, I was called kornfreaker(blargh, yes, that was a long time ago)...the wicked times in the OCP....

anyway welcome to the club, long time no see, dude.

Holy shit! That's awesome that you're here, man, haven't seen you in a long, long time.

So, does anyone here use GuitarPro to tab out songs? I was thinking along the lines of sharing midis of some stuff you've written... I'll be posting a few of mine once I get them put together properly.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-04 00:05:42

At 7/3/05 11:59 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote:

So, does anyone here use GuitarPro to tab out songs? I was thinking along the lines of sharing midis of some stuff you've written... I'll be posting a few of mine once I get them put together properly.

no, I've been gifted with the wonderful ability to tab out songs by ear. :) It's rather lovely.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-04 00:20:10

At 7/4/05 12:05 AM, The_Ghoul wrote:

no, I've been gifted with the wonderful ability to tab out songs by ear. :) It's rather lovely.

Bahahah

I was meaning in the sense of sharing songs you've written with others in an audible and easily transferred format. I tend to write songs for at least two guitars, which makes it hard for someone else to play and hear from just a tab.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-04 06:23:43

At 7/3/05 11:59 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote: Holy shit! That's awesome that you're here, man, haven't seen you in a long, long time.

True :P Well, I don't spend a lot of time on NG anymore, just this club and my club, that's about it . Things change ;)

I don't use guitar pro often, I mostly only use an editor and write the tabs in it. Here's one main riff I've written for my band recently:

|------------------------------------|
|---------------5-------------5----|
|------7----5---------7----5-5---|
|-000-000-0--000-000-------|

|---------------5---------9-7-5---|
|------7----5---------7-7-5-3---|
|-000-000-0--000-------------|

the deep E string is always palm muted.

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-04 17:33:52

how about this riff?
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[2------------------4_-----------------5_-------------------]
[2---------2-------2_--------2-------3_-------------------]
[2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2_2-2-2-2-2-2-3_-3-3-3-3-3-3-3]

It's played on an twelve string guitar with a warm tone (I just distorted an acoustic 12 string with a generic soundhole pickup)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-05 13:06:17

At 7/4/05 06:23 AM, Goatchrist wrote:

Here's one main riff I've written for my band recently:

|---------------5-------------5----|
|------7----5---------7----5-5---|
|-000-000-0--000-000-------|

|---------------5---------9-7-5---|
|------7----5---------7-7-5-3---|
|-000-000-0--000-------------|

the deep E string is always palm muted.

Wholly awesome. Love it, Goatchrist. Very Heavy Metal.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-06 02:54:11

This right here is a quick and painless procedure known as a BUMP. This is only to be used in dire situations, like we are experiencing now. I hope that this procedure won't have to be done again.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-06 08:04:26

At 7/6/05 02:54 AM, The_Ghoul wrote: This right here is a quick and painless procedure known as a BUMP. This is only to be used in dire situations, like we are experiencing now. I hope that this procedure won't have to be done again.

Hmm, I agree, this seems to be pretty much dead right now :P Glad that you liked the riff, though :P

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-07 02:02:15

At 7/7/05 12:57 AM, GoreBastard wrote: I wanna join this club dudes!

I own a BC Rich Doc Murdock Warlock (the one in my sig pic)
I've been playing for 5 years
my favourite bands are Anthrax, Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Napalm Death etc...
I aint in a band yet, but I will be when I get a job with better hours.
Oh, and I'm the king of the heavy metal section in the Audio Portal!!!

Come on in. But the thread's almost dead, but check out my other riffz0r on the last page. ;) I'm really experimenting this time, so you actually might not like my new stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-07 12:44:43

Today I tried recording some of my new riffs, and recording the others in my audio portal (cept through my Marshall and Epiphone) I came across a problem.

Now to record the ones in my portal I used this adaptor I have, which lets me put my guitar cable's jack into it, then it goes into my PC.

Yet when I went to record It wouldnt work (i got some software). So I tried to use Sound Recorder and when I tried, again nothing happened.

Now i got a question, is there a certain hole I put the thing in at the back? I remember putting it in the pink hole (no jokes). Which is the second hole underneath where I put my speakers. But when I tried in there nothing happen. I also tried it in every hole I could but still no sound came through.

So, I started fidding with the options in Control Panel>Sound and Audio options.

So could someone who uses Sound Recorder (or anything), tell me what hole they use, and also what options to select in Sound and Audio options. I'll be very grateful.

Of course, the adaptor I used was only a quid. So it might have broke, cause cheapy things do after a few weeks. But I'd rather make sure its not my mistake's, rather than the adaptors.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-07-08 02:02:36

At 7/7/05 12:44 PM, -Nev- wrote: Today I tried recording some of my new riffs, and recording the others in my audio portal (cept through my Marshall and Epiphone) I came across a problem.

Now to record the ones in my portal I used this adaptor I have, which lets me put my guitar cable's jack into it, then it goes into my PC.

Yet when I went to record It wouldnt work (i got some software). So I tried to use Sound Recorder and when I tried, again nothing happened.

Now i got a question, is there a certain hole I put the thing in at the back? I remember putting it in the pink hole (no jokes). Which is the second hole underneath where I put my speakers. But when I tried in there nothing happen. I also tried it in every hole I could but still no sound came through.

So, I started fidding with the options in Control Panel>Sound and Audio options.

So could someone who uses Sound Recorder (or anything), tell me what hole they use, and also what options to select in Sound and Audio options. I'll be very grateful.

Of course, the adaptor I used was only a quid. So it might have broke, cause cheapy things do after a few weeks. But I'd rather make sure its not my mistake's, rather than the adaptors.

HAHAHAHA u use sound recorder. I use more sophisticated equipment *holds nose in the air* And my equipment involves a USB connection, so you might just want to spend money to get some quality equipment. Trust me, you will look back and wonder how you ever survived without it.

Chances are, your quid is broken. So there.

Also, can I hear some sample riffs? Are they in teh AP? Thnx.

BBS Signature