New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 11:54 AM Reply

At 3/19/11 06:19 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Did you guys know that sometimes your video clips will wind up on youtube?

I decided to search "Raised By Goats Black Ops" and I found a clip I was tagged in. I kill the guy, and for some reason it also shows me dodging a tomahawk.

Anyone have a PVR or something? I want to upload a search and destroy "ace".

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 3/19/11 07:25 AM, killer32 wrote: who gives a shit about the k/d ratio, you can get k/d ratio of 4.00 just by camping constantly.

To be honest, I think it's probably the most important stat. If you have a team with various players 2.0+ k/d, and a team of -1.0 k/d, it's pretty obvious who your money would be on.

And I've actually realized that people that camp usually do worse than those than run around, so I wouldn't say you could get a 4.0 k/d doing that.

For example today I was playing some capture the flag, and when you die you have to watch a team members screen until you respawn. Well everytime I died It would go to the same team mate, and he was in the same spot everytime just staring down the sights of his gun. I think he ended that game with like 4-12 or something. Camping doesn't always work.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

It amazes me how people like Life-Stream and Elmfury can stay interested in the multiplayer for such a long time. Does it not ever get boring? Do you not just lose the will to play it anymore? I've had this with every Call of Duty, I've never understood how people can just have a call of duty game and nothing else like a few people I know do.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 3/19/11 06:11 PM, Snuff wrote: It amazes me how people like Life-Stream and Elmfury can stay interested in the multiplayer for such a long time. Does it not ever get boring? Do you not just lose the will to play it anymore? I've had this with every Call of Duty, I've never understood how people can just have a call of duty game and nothing else like a few people I know do.

Trust me I do get bored of it. Its just that not until recently I haven't had anything else TO play. I got pokemon white the other day and I have not been playing black ops as much as I have been before.

I still plan on getting to 15th prestige just so I can say I done it but its not happening until after I beat pokemon white.

Its been 6 days since I prestiged last and im only level 23 I think. Compare it with before where at this point I have been about a day away from hitting the next prestige level if I wasn't there already.

8th prestige: February 24th
9th prestige: March 1st(5 days to get there)
10th prestige: March 6th(5 days again)
Bought pokemon White March 11th
11th prestige March 13th(7 days)

Just saying that to give you an idea.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 12:39 AM Reply

At 3/19/11 06:11 PM, Snuff wrote: It amazes me how people like Life-Stream and Elmfury can stay interested in the multiplayer for such a long time.

I'm only like 8th prestige. There are alot of guys here higher than me. And to be honest, I don't think I play alot compared to before. Now it seems I start playing, but within an hour or so, i get bored and end up turning it off, where as at first I could play for hours straight.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 3/20/11 12:39 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 3/19/11 06:11 PM, Snuff wrote: It amazes me how people like Life-Stream and Elmfury can stay interested in the multiplayer for such a long time.
I'm only like 8th prestige. There are alot of guys here higher than me. And to be honest, I don't think I play alot compared to before. Now it seems I start playing, but within an hour or so, i get bored and end up turning it off, where as at first I could play for hours straight.

It's probably to do with skill though, as it goes with out saying you're much better than me, that probably keeps you interested. And as I'm just about average at the game and occasionally have my moments, I play it less and get bored much easier.

Makes sense.

AgroNurse
AgroNurse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 24th, 2011 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Screw you guys and your multiplayer... I suck at it so hard.

I have the day off, play Zombies with me.

Spaceship3333

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 24th, 2011 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 3/24/11 02:11 PM, AgroNurse wrote: Screw you guys and your multiplayer... I suck at it so hard.

Spaceship3333

How can you suck at call of duty multiplayer?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 24th, 2011 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 3/24/11 02:48 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 3/24/11 02:11 PM, AgroNurse wrote: Screw you guys and your multiplayer... I suck at it so hard.

Spaceship3333

Hey, maybe he only has one thumb.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 24th, 2011 @ 03:47 PM Reply

Finished veteran and only one of the trophies unlocked. Seriously can't be bothered with playing through it again. Also, got all the Ascension trophies, not that I care.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 24th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 3/24/11 03:31 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Hey, maybe he only has one thumb.

Well played, sir.

AgroNurse
AgroNurse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 07:53 PM Reply

Spaceship3333

I only last like ten seconds at a time :(

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 08:14 PM Reply

Simple, really. 9 out of every 12 players use the same gun. And so many months after release, these people are somewhat skilled with this gun now. Honestly, multiplayer is tiresome when you're not having a good day online.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Jesus-Owns-X
Jesus-Owns-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 3/25/11 08:14 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Simple, really. 9 out of every 12 players use the same gun. And so many months after release, these people are somewhat skilled with this gun now. Honestly, multiplayer is tiresome when you're not having a good day online.

Call of Duty isn't fun in general when you're having a shitty day. I seriously find this game is only rewarding and fun when you're raping the matches.

Serious business in here.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not religious. My friend picked my name.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 02:18 PM Reply

I like to switch up guns somewhat. I've just started to use the M14 seriously. It's now one of my best guns - truly under-rated.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 02:18 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I like to switch up guns somewhat. I've just started to use the M14 seriously. It's now one of my best guns - truly under-rated.

It's a brilliant gun, I'm glad I got into using it before my copy of BlOps mysteriously went missing.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 03:43 PM, Snuff wrote: It's a brilliant gun, I'm glad I got into using it before my copy of BlOps mysteriously went missing.

I prefer it over the FAL. And Since I started using it properly, I've taken my k/d on it, from 1.4 up to 2.2

It's very accurate and great for those long shots :D

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 04:11 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 3/26/11 03:43 PM, Snuff wrote: It's a brilliant gun, I'm glad I got into using it before my copy of BlOps mysteriously went missing.
I prefer it over the FAL. And Since I started using it properly, I've taken my k/d on it, from 1.4 up to 2.2

It's very accurate and great for those long shots :D

Definitely, the iron sites on it are very good aswell, I find it increases the accuracy quite a lot more so that the FAL's.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 02:18 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I like to switch up guns somewhat. I've just started to use the M14 seriously. It's now one of my best guns - truly under-rated.

I have recently been using the M14 alot my self. For some reason it works for me now. My K/D with that weapon went from a sub 1.0 to 1.6 after using it for about a week. Accuracy with it has also gone from 18% to 23%.

sparreproductions
sparreproductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 01:31 AM Reply

The class I have been using lately is th ak47 silencer, extended mag., scavenge, warlord, and marathon. This class has improved my k/d by .4 in one day.

-Sparreproductions-

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 3/27/11 01:31 AM, sparreproductions wrote: The class I have been using lately is th ak47 silencer, extended mag., scavenge, warlord, and marathon. This class has improved my k/d by .4 in one day.

I wish I could still do that. Having 20k kills makes it difficult to move your k/d up. But then again I couldn't use the ak47 anyway considering I just prestiged again yesterday.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 3/26/11 07:20 PM, Snuff wrote: Definitely, the iron sites on it are very good aswell, I find it increases the accuracy quite a lot more so that the FAL's.

I agree. Someone linked to this video a little while back, either in this thread, or the CoD club over in the clubs and crews forum, which is what made me start using it again.
It explains that the M14 has a higher damage multiplier than the FAL.

At 3/26/11 07:37 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I have recently been using the M14 alot my self. For some reason it works for me now. My K/D with that weapon went from a sub 1.0 to 1.6 after using it for about a week. Accuracy with it has also gone from 18% to 23%.

I didn't see what my accuracy was before I started using it, but i'm sure it's gone up. What attachments do you use with it?

I have two setups right now. One with warlord so I can use Grip and Silencer, and the other with just a red dot. I tend to use the silenced one though. I usually don't use Warlord, as I use Sleight of hand Pro on most of my setups, but it's not as bad when paired with the M14, because you only usually need 3 bullets for a kill, so you should be able to get 5+ kills on one clip. Plus I tend to try and keep more distance while using it, and go for those long kills, so reloading won't leave you as vulnerable as in close range.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 3/13/11 04:45 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Remembered to update it before hitting the prestige button this time :).

So anyway I just hit 11th prestige now I guess thats supposed to mean I unlock new face paints I guess meh. Anyway here is whats happened.

Stats:
Kills:30,800
Assists 3069
Headshots 2460
K/D: 2.09
Accuracy 15.67%
W/L 1.57
Time it took to get to 11th prestige level 1: 10 days 2 hours 51 minutes 27 seconds

Impressive stat: Now maybe for some of you this might not be very impressive idk but I am not a really big headshot person, maybe I will get a couple a game on average. I literally average only 1 Headshot for every 12.52 kills. Now the thing is during 1 game I had only 12 or 13 kills I believe it was. Well 11 of those kills wound up being headshot kills an astonishing ratio for that one game considering what I usually do on average. The 11 headshots was the most I ever got in a single game.
What was my secret to it? I only aimed at the head during a small stretch of games when I was just starting to level up.

On another note I actually did have a legit 10 headshot game in which I was not aiming at the head 24/7 had that game happened first that actually would have been my highest headshot game. But in that game I had something more like 30 kills rather than 12 or 13.

Interesting Stat: Its the XP thing again. Its not even double XP and at around level 45-48 I forget the exact level. But in that level range I had a game where I smashed my previous high mentioned in the last update, and wound up having a game with 48,000 XP. Honestly some things are going to need to happen if I am going to beat my record again.

Unimpressive Stat: I had 1 bad game lol.

Thats all for now. I imagine it will take me a while to get to 12th since I just bought pokemon white along with mlb 2k11 the other day so I imagine I will not be playing this as much as before.

Forgot to Update it this time.

Hit 12th prestige last night after a few weeks of waiting. I have not hit level 13 yet so I don't know what my exact numbers are so I will just estimate based off what I think I saw before hitting the button.

Kills:33,100
Assists:3400
Headshots:2700
K/D: 2.08(it dropped what did you expect would happen when I started playing other games?)
Accuracy:15.87%
W/L: 1.59
Time it took to get to 12th prestige: 10 days 23 hours and I don't remember the rest lets just say 0 min and 0 seconds.

Impressive stat: Was playing some ground war with a friend the other day and after sucking the first few games I had an amazing game on domination where I went 62-7 which was 3 times as many kills as the next highest person.

Interesting stat: Not really a stat but I found a new love for the galil again. I was getting sick of doing terrible so I decided at around level 45 to switch to the galil after all my weapons failed me(Famas, Ak47, L96A1, Wa2000, G11, HS10 Dual wield, commando, FN FAL, M14) I decided to put a silencer on it and it really just destroyed people for me which was something the non silenced version couldn't do for me. I had a lot of games of over 8+ K/D using the galil to the end of 11th prestige going negative only once or twice.

Terrible stat: Around level 25-30 I had a game where I went 0-13. Enough said there.

Not sure how long it will take me to get to 13th but I imagine it won't take as long next time but it probably won't be as quick as before.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:42 PM Reply

I've not been doing well lately with my assault rifles, so I switched to using the Kiparis, grip. That gun is amazing, but the fire rate and the range just aren't working for me. Close range, I'm wasting rounds when I can't pull off the trigger fast enough when my foe is dead. At long range, I'm blowing through a whole clip trying to get the guy. So I'm using the AK74u at the moment, with grip. Sidearm is the Makarov extended mags. Perks are ghost, SOH pro, and Second Chance pro. The advantage of the submachine gun is that you can move a LOT faster ADS. Something that really comes in handy when clearing a room, or advancing on an enemy.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. May. 4th, 2011 @ 11:22 PM Reply

I managed to model my emblem after Tankmen. I think it looks pretty sweet. Has anyone else every tried modeling their emblems after Ng characters?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. May. 4th, 2011 @ 11:49 PM Reply

HUGE BLACK OPS FAN!!! Wasnt a big fan of the campaign but the multiplayer is awesome! Currently I'm at Prestige 1 Level 50 and NOT going to prestige again because its just a pain in the fucking ass...
My classes:

Class 1: Light
Primary: Kiparis [Grip]
Secondary: Makarov [Upgraded Iron Sights]
Lethal: Frag
Tactical: Wiley Pete
Equipment: Camera Spike
Perk 1: Lightweight Pro
Perk 2: Steady Aim Pro
Perk 3: Marathon Pro

Class 2: Gunner
Primary: SPAS-12 [Grip]
Secondary: Python [Speed Reload]
Tactical: Decoy
Equipment: Tactical Insertion
Perk 1: Hardline Pro
Perk 2: Hardened Pro
Perk 3: Second Chance Pro

Class 3: Medium #1
Primary: Commando [Dual Mag] {ACOG}
Secondary: RPG
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Concussion
Equipment: C4
Perk 1: Flak Jacket Pro
Perk 2: Warlord Pro
Perk 3: Hacker Pro

Class 4: Medium #2
Primary: G11 (Low Power Scope)
Secondary: Strela-3
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Flashbang
Equipment: Claymore
Perk 1: Flak Jacket Pro
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk 3: Second Chance Pro

Class 5: Heavy
Primary: Stoner63 (Extended Mag)
Secondary: CZ75 (Full Auto Upgrade)
Tactical: Nova Gas
Equipment: Motion Sensor
Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
Perk 2: Hardened Pro
Perk 3: Tactical Mask

Class 6: Sniper
Primary: PSG1 (Variable Zoom)
Secondary: Ballistic Knife
Lethal: Tomahawk
Tactical: Wiley Pete
Equipment: Jammer
Perk 1: Ghost Pro
Perk 2: Scout Pro
Perk 3: Ninja Pro

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. May. 5th, 2011 @ 01:28 AM Reply

You know I would be shocked if I ever got to 15th prestige now. It just to annoying. I managed to get to 13th prestige last week but I really just stopped caring about updating on this. I just can't play this game for long periods of time without either getting bored of it or getting upset at this game because of lag or other stupid things.

I bought battlefield bad company 2 on saturday to have a little change of direction and I just love playing it.

I might just be stuck at 13th prestige forever now because the amount of time im willing to play this has just really diminished now. Didn't I hear there was a double xp weekend for this week? Maybe I will only play on double xp weekends from now on. Or not I don't really know. No way I am buying the next CoD though unless there is some amazing change to the gameplay which I doubt there will be Im just going to buy battlefield 3 this fall and let that be my shooter game of the year.

Also Im terrible at this game now. Last time I played I had a 2.04 K/D. All the more reason to play this game less and less just to preserve my 2+ K/D for as long as possible as it is just dropping off a lot. I was terrible with pretty much all the weapons I used to be good with during 12th prestige and the only weapon I could make work was the G11 which I didn't try using until like level 49 I think.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. May. 5th, 2011 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Gamertag is SoberMarx btw in case anyone wants to add me

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. May. 5th, 2011 @ 09:48 PM Reply

So in Call of the Dead, you can clearly see the Lighthouse's light pointing at specific points in the map at times but I've never reached it. Does anyone know what this is?

GT: Danul454