00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,141 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-03-27 10:26:18

At 3/26/11 07:20 PM, Snuff wrote: Definitely, the iron sites on it are very good aswell, I find it increases the accuracy quite a lot more so that the FAL's.

I agree. Someone linked to this video a little while back, either in this thread, or the CoD club over in the clubs and crews forum, which is what made me start using it again.
It explains that the M14 has a higher damage multiplier than the FAL.

At 3/26/11 07:37 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I have recently been using the M14 alot my self. For some reason it works for me now. My K/D with that weapon went from a sub 1.0 to 1.6 after using it for about a week. Accuracy with it has also gone from 18% to 23%.

I didn't see what my accuracy was before I started using it, but i'm sure it's gone up. What attachments do you use with it?

I have two setups right now. One with warlord so I can use Grip and Silencer, and the other with just a red dot. I tend to use the silenced one though. I usually don't use Warlord, as I use Sleight of hand Pro on most of my setups, but it's not as bad when paired with the M14, because you only usually need 3 bullets for a kill, so you should be able to get 5+ kills on one clip. Plus I tend to try and keep more distance while using it, and go for those long kills, so reloading won't leave you as vulnerable as in close range.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-04-03 12:44:43

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-04-03 18:19:43

At 3/13/11 04:45 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Remembered to update it before hitting the prestige button this time :).

So anyway I just hit 11th prestige now I guess thats supposed to mean I unlock new face paints I guess meh. Anyway here is whats happened.

Stats:
Kills:30,800
Assists 3069
Headshots 2460
K/D: 2.09
Accuracy 15.67%
W/L 1.57
Time it took to get to 11th prestige level 1: 10 days 2 hours 51 minutes 27 seconds

Impressive stat: Now maybe for some of you this might not be very impressive idk but I am not a really big headshot person, maybe I will get a couple a game on average. I literally average only 1 Headshot for every 12.52 kills. Now the thing is during 1 game I had only 12 or 13 kills I believe it was. Well 11 of those kills wound up being headshot kills an astonishing ratio for that one game considering what I usually do on average. The 11 headshots was the most I ever got in a single game.
What was my secret to it? I only aimed at the head during a small stretch of games when I was just starting to level up.

On another note I actually did have a legit 10 headshot game in which I was not aiming at the head 24/7 had that game happened first that actually would have been my highest headshot game. But in that game I had something more like 30 kills rather than 12 or 13.

Interesting Stat: Its the XP thing again. Its not even double XP and at around level 45-48 I forget the exact level. But in that level range I had a game where I smashed my previous high mentioned in the last update, and wound up having a game with 48,000 XP. Honestly some things are going to need to happen if I am going to beat my record again.

Unimpressive Stat: I had 1 bad game lol.

Thats all for now. I imagine it will take me a while to get to 12th since I just bought pokemon white along with mlb 2k11 the other day so I imagine I will not be playing this as much as before.

Forgot to Update it this time.

Hit 12th prestige last night after a few weeks of waiting. I have not hit level 13 yet so I don't know what my exact numbers are so I will just estimate based off what I think I saw before hitting the button.

Kills:33,100
Assists:3400
Headshots:2700
K/D: 2.08(it dropped what did you expect would happen when I started playing other games?)
Accuracy:15.87%
W/L: 1.59
Time it took to get to 12th prestige: 10 days 23 hours and I don't remember the rest lets just say 0 min and 0 seconds.

Impressive stat: Was playing some ground war with a friend the other day and after sucking the first few games I had an amazing game on domination where I went 62-7 which was 3 times as many kills as the next highest person.

Interesting stat: Not really a stat but I found a new love for the galil again. I was getting sick of doing terrible so I decided at around level 45 to switch to the galil after all my weapons failed me(Famas, Ak47, L96A1, Wa2000, G11, HS10 Dual wield, commando, FN FAL, M14) I decided to put a silencer on it and it really just destroyed people for me which was something the non silenced version couldn't do for me. I had a lot of games of over 8+ K/D using the galil to the end of 11th prestige going negative only once or twice.

Terrible stat: Around level 25-30 I had a game where I went 0-13. Enough said there.

Not sure how long it will take me to get to 13th but I imagine it won't take as long next time but it probably won't be as quick as before.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-04 23:22:24

I managed to model my emblem after Tankmen. I think it looks pretty sweet. Has anyone else every tried modeling their emblems after Ng characters?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-05 01:28:04

You know I would be shocked if I ever got to 15th prestige now. It just to annoying. I managed to get to 13th prestige last week but I really just stopped caring about updating on this. I just can't play this game for long periods of time without either getting bored of it or getting upset at this game because of lag or other stupid things.

I bought battlefield bad company 2 on saturday to have a little change of direction and I just love playing it.

I might just be stuck at 13th prestige forever now because the amount of time im willing to play this has just really diminished now. Didn't I hear there was a double xp weekend for this week? Maybe I will only play on double xp weekends from now on. Or not I don't really know. No way I am buying the next CoD though unless there is some amazing change to the gameplay which I doubt there will be Im just going to buy battlefield 3 this fall and let that be my shooter game of the year.

Also Im terrible at this game now. Last time I played I had a 2.04 K/D. All the more reason to play this game less and less just to preserve my 2+ K/D for as long as possible as it is just dropping off a lot. I was terrible with pretty much all the weapons I used to be good with during 12th prestige and the only weapon I could make work was the G11 which I didn't try using until like level 49 I think.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-05 21:48:44

So in Call of the Dead, you can clearly see the Lighthouse's light pointing at specific points in the map at times but I've never reached it. Does anyone know what this is?

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-09 08:23:06

So I stuck to my plan of playing during the double xp weekend. I managed to prestige once again to 14th and I am sitting at level 26 already as the double xp weekend is coming to a close. I plan on going back to playing this game very minimally. My K/D had a rise and fall again and is now at 2.03 the last I checked.

Things I found out during this weekend.

I am downright inconsistant when I am not hosting. Going negative somewhere between 25-50 percent of the time.

I am completely dominating when I AM hosting the game. I had several 30 kill games with less than 5 deaths in team deathmatch during the time I was hosting games going negative 0 times.

That is all

Anyway like I said before I don't really want to do any updates anymore since this game annoys me far to often, so if you want to keep track for your self and you have a 360 just search up my gamertag (Kratos Aurion 2) if you want to keep track of my progress.

Honestly I can't say for sure if battlefield does it like this but im assuming it does. I have never seen a game drop because someone left(And I never see host migrations either) and I have almost never seen lag playing bad company 2. So Im assuming who ever made that game is either getting someone to host servers for them or they are doing it them selves and it has been great as the connection almost always seems to be perfect. If CoD could do something similar rather than make players host games on unreliable connections then these games would make huge improvements instantly.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-09 17:44:51

At 5/5/11 09:48 PM, Toki911 wrote: So in Call of the Dead, you can clearly see the Lighthouse's light pointing at specific points in the map at times but I've never reached it. Does anyone know what this is?

Pack a Punch.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-13 20:49:27

Rigged up some 4-player zombies with 2 TV's and 2 Xboxes. So much better than playing with randoms online because they're generally shit and/or greedy cunts.

Romero is also a pissy little bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-05-13 21:32:00

My disc is broken due to the shitty Steelbook case holder for the game. It's impossible to get the game out without contorting it in weird ass ways.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-01 21:47:24

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-01 21:55:10

I am downright inconsistant when I am not hosting. Going negative somewhere between 25-50 percent of the time.

I am completely dominating when I AM hosting the game. I had several 30 kill games with less than 5 deaths in team deathmatch during the time I was hosting games going negative 0 times.

Really I'm the host a ton and I got the opposite effect. When I'm host everyone is glitchy and I can't shoot anyone but when I'm host I do amazing.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-02 20:04:33

Long waiting PS store the be fixed to get new maps :/

Haven't been playing a great deal since PSN has been back on, but when I do play I've been doing ok most games. K/D is still very very slowly rising. 2.52 now, but I don't think I'll prestige again anymore. I think I'm on prestige 9, and I can't be bothered anymore.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-16 21:01:01

An upcoming map pack called Annihilation has been leaked and due for release on the 28th of June for Xbox.

The regular maps are called:
Hangar 18
Drive-in
Silo
Hazard

Zombie map is called Shangri-La

Link

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-16 23:38:41

At 6/16/11 09:01 PM, Dean wrote: An upcoming map pack called Annihilation has been leaked and due for release on the 28th of June for Xbox.

The regular maps are called:
Hangar 18

LOL

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-06-17 15:55:12

I... honestly don't know if I'll be getting this one. I'm much more interested in getting the next New Vegas DLC and an HD movie rental for the same price.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-01 10:30:39

Black Ops Double XP in 2 hours for PS3. Fuck you Xbox with your silly maps.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-02 12:45:44

I LOVE COD BLACK OPS NEXT UP MW3!!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-02 20:37:17

At 7/1/11 10:30 AM, simon wrote: Black Ops Double XP in 2 hours for PS3. Fuck you Xbox with your silly maps.

You do realize that xbox also has double XP right?

Anyway obviously I won't buy the map packs as I don't want to give this terrible gaming business more money then what it deserves.

I have started playing again though due to the double xp weekend and I was able to finally hit 15th prestige last night so im going to be spending today and tomorrow trying to max out to level 50 currently im level 12. Wish me luck.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-04 07:26:20

At 4/3/11 06:19 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
Kills:33,100
Assists:3400
Headshots:2700
K/D: 2.08(it dropped what did you expect would happen when I started playing other games?)
Accuracy:15.87%
W/L: 1.59
Time it took to get to 12th prestige: 10 days 23 hours and I don't remember the rest lets just say 0 min and 0 seconds.

Impressive stat: Was playing some ground war with a friend the other day and after sucking the first few games I had an amazing game on domination where I went 62-7 which was 3 times as many kills as the next highest person.

Interesting stat: Not really a stat but I found a new love for the galil again. I was getting sick of doing terrible so I decided at around level 45 to switch to the galil after all my weapons failed me(Famas, Ak47, L96A1, Wa2000, G11, HS10 Dual wield, commando, FN FAL, M14) I decided to put a silencer on it and it really just destroyed people for me which was something the non silenced version couldn't do for me. I had a lot of games of over 8+ K/D using the galil to the end of 11th prestige going negative only once or twice.

Terrible stat: Around level 25-30 I had a game where I went 0-13. Enough said there.

Not sure how long it will take me to get to 13th but I imagine it won't take as long next time but it probably won't be as quick as before.

Its finally done. After a long time of playing this game and many often frustrating hours I have finally done it. I am now 15th prestige level 50 and here I am to post the final stats. The double Xp weekend really did the trick as it got me to my goal as quickly and painlessly as it possibly could.

These are the likely stats I will be retiring with(Always a chance I could play again randomly if my friends bug me enough to do it.)

Kills: 43,581
Deaths: 21,337
Assists:4434
Headshots:3589
K/D: 2.04
Best kill streak: 23
Accuracy:15.98%
Wins: 1416
Losses: 905
W/L: 1.56
Best Win streak:26
Time it took to get to 15th prestige level 50: 13 days 16 hours 49 minutes and 39 seconds

First Map played on: Hanoi
Last map played on: Array
Map packs bought: None
Favorite Weapon: Famas-21455 kills-15.19% accuracy 1.90 K/D

Most Kills in a single game:63
Highest score in a single game: Somewhere over 9000 but the game forgot about that game and only says 7750 for some reason.
Best single game K/D: 35
Weapon with best K/D: RPG 5 kills 0 deaths
Weapon with best K/D(100+kills): MPL 2.04 K/D

Top 4 Equipment kills: Knife-1828 Claymore-1685 Frag-1274 Concussion-36
Top 4 Equipment killed by: Knife-1051 Frag-432 Semtex-326 Claymore-282
Top 3 EQ uses: Claymore-8437 Frag-6709 Concussion-2405
Top 6 most used killstreaks: Spyplane-2662 carepackage-1291 RC-XD-615 Counterspyplane-526 blackbird-416 ChopperGunner-351
Top 5 kills with killstreaks: choppergunner-2077 rc-xd-441 attack heli-257 attack dogs-226 Gunship-192
Top 5 killed by killstreaks: RC-XD-329 ChopperGunner-158 Napalm Strike-150 Attack Heli-132 Attack dogs-54

Contracts purchased:1386
Contracts completed:1040
Contracts Failed:346
Return on investment 553%
Total XP awarded from contracts: 805400

Favorite secondary weapon: Strela-3 or M72 LAW(if that was all that was available for use)
Favorite Lethal: Frags
Favorite Tactical: Flashbangs or Concussion
Favorite Equipment: Claymore
Favorite Perk 1: Ghost Pro
Favorite Perk 2: Hardened Pro
Favorite Perk 3: Hacker Pro

Favorite Killstreaks to have set when playing normally: Spyplane Blackbird ChopperGunner OR Blackbird ChopperGunner Gunship

ClanTag color: Cyan
Emblem: Kirby on a Warpstar waving to you(Left mostly unchanged since 1st prestige)
All backgrounds and Images were purchased.

Lifetime Earnings for Ingame Money: 3,270,643

Well everyone I think thats all I got unless there are any questions this will probably be my last post in this thread. I want to make one final point here before im done.

I am not buying MW3 I am done with this series and will not buy any more games with Call of duty in front of the name until I see something changed with this. I won't hold it against you if you decide to buy MW3 since I know there are people who do love this series but I personally would recommend that you do like me and at least buy battlefield 3 as well as I believe this game deserves much more attention then what MW3 is or will be getting and im hoping most will be following in my choice to buy only battlefield 3 and completely skip out on MW3.

One last thing. Happy 4th of July to those of us who are celebrating here in the United States.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-04 12:11:40

To be honest, I would buy the map packs if they had new weapons in them. Using the same guns over and over gets boring far quicker than the maps do imo. Even if they were just purely cosmetic skins on already existing guns to keep the ''balance'' and to stop people bitching about paying for an advantage while still feeling like a totally new gun.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-04 12:45:21

At 7/4/11 12:11 PM, Jackho wrote: To be honest, I would buy the map packs if they had new weapons in them. Using the same guns over and over gets boring far quicker than the maps do imo. Even if they were just purely cosmetic skins on already existing guns to keep the ''balance'' and to stop people bitching about paying for an advantage while still feeling like a totally new gun.

They do add new weapons, broaden past multiplayer to use them. If they added new multiplayer weapons it would be a huge disadvantage and unfair.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-04 13:34:23

At 7/4/11 12:45 PM, simon wrote: They do add new weapons, broaden past multiplayer to use them.

You know what I mean, I want actual weapons and not this crap

If they added new multiplayer weapons it would be a huge disadvantage and unfair.

Did you even read my post?

At 7/4/11 12:11 PM, Jackho wrote: Even if they were just purely cosmetic skins on already existing guns to keep the ''balance'' and
to stop people bitching about paying for an advantage while still feeling like a totally new gun.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-07-04 16:25:23

I missed the whole damn Double XP weekend 'cause I'm currently on Vacation and I'm going home tomorrow, I'm on my second prestige and I realized how much I miss the G11.

Go fuck yourself.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-08-04 00:25:34

Final DLC announced. People who preordered Black Ops get this one for free. As a total zombies fanatic I will most certainly be buying this one, giving me a grand total of 11 zombie maps to choose from. Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-08-04 00:33:38

At 8/4/11 12:25 AM, Danavers wrote: Final DLC announced. People who preordered Black Ops get this one for free. As a total zombies fanatic I will most certainly be buying this one, giving me a grand total of 11 zombie maps to choose from. Fuck yeah.

Is it only zombie maps? I don't feel like reading much right now and when I scanned it I didn't see anything besides zombie map talk.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-08-04 00:40:19

At 8/4/11 12:33 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/4/11 12:25 AM, Danavers wrote: Final DLC announced. People who preordered Black Ops get this one for free. As a total zombies fanatic I will most certainly be buying this one, giving me a grand total of 11 zombie maps to choose from. Fuck yeah.
Is it only zombie maps? I don't feel like reading much right now and when I scanned it I didn't see anything besides zombie map talk.

It's the exclusive zombie maps that came with the hardened/prestige edition plus a new map and a bunch of other useless shit. If you don't like zombies then you obviously wouldn't be interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-08-04 02:20:38

We should all play together! :D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-08-26 11:16:28

I didn't realize people still played call of duty.
I mean it's an okay game I guess, but is anyone getting franchise fatigue at all?

Snipers get more head