New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ptero
Ptero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:58 PM Reply

Hacker Pro was a bitch, but I finally got it. Almost done with Hardline Pro.

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Getting a lot of random praise for my emblem.

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 1/22/11 07:01 PM, Matt wrote: Getting a lot of random praise for my emblem.

Sad thing is that it would look shit in the lobby.

Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Might I suggest making the ground black, the background darker, and the sun white? I think it'd look more dramatic

GT: Danul454

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 1/22/11 07:31 PM, Toki911 wrote:
Might I suggest making the ground black, the background darker, and the sun white? I think it'd look more dramatic

Have you ever played a western?!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 1/22/11 07:39 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 1/22/11 07:31 PM, Toki911 wrote:
Have you ever played a western?!

Like Red Dead? Yeah, but I don't see how that's relevant. It just looks weird to me with only the guy silhouetted.

Also, are anyone else's playercards being reset? My friends and brothers both were even though they weren't offensive at all, and they're whole playercard was reset, not just their emblem. It first happened when we went into combat training, mine stayed the same, but theirs reset and we thought it had something to do with leveling up separately in Combat Training.

Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 1/22/11 08:37 PM, Toki911 wrote: Also, are anyone else's playercards being reset? My friends and brothers both were even though they weren't offensive at all, and they're whole playercard was reset, not just their emblem. It first happened when we went into combat training, mine stayed the same, but theirs reset and we thought it had something to do with leveling up separately in Combat Training.

^Don't try this. It just happened to me, too. Apparently only the host stays the same which is why mine wasn't initially deleted. Good thing I remember exactly how to do mine.

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 1/22/11 07:31 PM, Toki911 wrote: Might I suggest making the ground black, the background darker, and the sun white? I think it'd look more dramatic

Not sure how much you've tooled around with the emblem maker but the ground's "brown" is pretty much as dark as it gets without looking distinctly orange or red. I think I could go a shade or two darker but it stands out better on most guns as is.

At 1/22/11 07:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: Sad thing is that it would look shit in the lobby.

Well, I can't make a statement without perceived bias, but it looks just fine. The thumbnail doesn't matter anyway, I'm most concerned with how it appears on my weapons; the fact that I don't use a solid color background makes it look really great on certain weapons.

I find myself constantly selecting any player with an interesting emblem just to see it in "full size" anyway and at least it's not something like this.

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 05:17 AM Reply

At 1/23/11 03:17 AM, Matt wrote: Not sure how much you've tooled around with the emblem maker but the ground's "brown" is pretty much as dark as it gets without looking distinctly orange or red. I think I could go a shade or two darker but it stands out better on most guns as is.

Oh yeah, I forgot there's no brown. I wish they did a RGB thing instead.

Well, I can't make a statement without perceived bias, but it looks just fine. The thumbnail doesn't matter anyway, I'm most concerned with how it appears on my weapons; the fact that I don't use a solid color background makes it look really great on certain weapons.

Same here. I try to avoid any part of mine being cut off though, so it looks like a complete sticker sort of thing.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:33 AM Reply

Played for the first time in ages yesterday and found that I really am quite bored of it. Wont be returning to it for a while at least.

Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:16 PM Reply

I got to round 30 in zombies but the last remaining faggot ragequit on me and now it's not on the leaderboards.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 02:16 PM, Danavers wrote: I got to round 30 in zombies but the last remaining faggot ragequit on me and now it's not on the leaderboards.

The leaderboards are seriously fucked on Zombies, it really irritates me.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 10:56 AM Reply

Just did a 40-10 on WMD. Like I said...

I'AM THE TEAM

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 11:40 AM Reply

Heh, 39-11 on Summit. And I stabbed some camping noob right in the kisser.

Is that a triple post now? Whoops...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 11:51 AM Reply

At 1/24/11 11:40 AM, Quinny wrote: Heh, 39-11 on Summit. And I stabbed some camping noob right in the kisser.

Is that a triple post now? Whoops...

Naw. I saved your bacon :)

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

One of the best I have seen ever. Amazing.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 25th, 2011 @ 03:39 PM Reply

No one's talking about this stuff?

New Update (PS3)

First Strike Trailer TWO

Matt2k8
Matt2k8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 25th, 2011 @ 04:50 PM Reply

New trailer! footage of zombie map! Looks good :D

PSN: Mazzoo969
Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 25th, 2011 @ 05:11 PM Reply

I'm up for playing domination quite a bit and some team deathmatch, my gt is ChummyBear01 btw.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 25th, 2011 @ 06:41 PM Reply

I'm contemplating selling this game... I don't know it's just gotten really boring for me...

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 11:10 AM Reply

Sorry for double post but the Wii patch added the spot where Theatre mode is. It's just a black grey rectangle, you can't select it, but it wasnt there before.

Treyarch should really check the game after the update. Aren't they supposed to be multi-billion dollar company? Not very professional, is it.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
DCXME01
DCXME01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 12:01 PM Reply

i like MW2 so deal with it

Weapons were built from the ground up, and improving them along the way. And if you don't like it? FUCKOFF

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 1/27/11 11:10 AM, LulzCal wrote: Sorry for double post but the Wii patch added the spot where Theatre mode is. It's just a black grey rectangle, you can't select it, but it wasnt there before.

Treyarch should really check the game after the update. Aren't they supposed to be multi-billion dollar company? Not very professional, is it.

Releasing a game with so many bugs in the first place was dreadful, let alone the utter failure in patching it since. I mean, how much bug testing can there have been done if there is a point in the campaign that crashes the wii, or guns mysteriously become invisible for short periods... honestly it is one of the worst produced games I have ever played. Not to mention the other glaring problems- it has one of the worst spawning systems I have ever seen (I can't count the times I've been dead before the black screen has gone just because it spawned me two inches from an enemy), or the (formerly) dreadful system for picking maps- at least that has been sorted now.

Saying that I am now finally getting the swing of things and as far as Wii shooters go it has to be up there sheerly through lack of competition- initially my K/D ration was lingering below 1.0, but now that I know the maps and weapons a bit better it is up to 1.44 and climbing. I was usually one of the better players on reflex (by the time I stopped playing it I was consistently getting a K/D of 4 or 5 to 1), so the controls are no issue, but I was getting a bit sick of people knifing me in the back while I wandered around aimlessly.

Plus I love demolition and capture the flag- a nice balanced objective based mission where I can choose whether to go for the objective relentlessly or sit back and pick people off. And compared to reflex the sniper rifles are much easier to use- I can actually hit a moving target now!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 1/25/11 06:41 PM, Snuff wrote: I'm contemplating selling this game... I don't know it's just gotten really boring for me...

I never sell my games anymore. I remember when I was younger, I would sell back my games after playing them a while, and I've regretted this. There are a lot of older games I would have loved to play now, but can't since I do not own them.

It's a bit of a different story with Black Ops, since the campaign was shit, and MW3 is coming out this year anyway, but yeah.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 1/27/11 03:14 PM, Twilight wrote:
At 1/27/11 02:50 PM, ironraven24 wrote: It's a bit of a different story with Black Ops, since the campaign was shit,
I don't even understand the campaign.

I actually liked the campaign this time, I thought it was pretty badass. The only thing that bothered me was how Hudson and Mason simply swam to the surface at the end, that just doesn't happen.

BBS Signature
ranter
ranter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 27th, 2011 @ 06:53 PM Reply

There where alot of things that shouldn't have happend... I actually looked forward to the campaign but it dissapointed me to the fullest of all CoD Campaigns. I did the veteran campaign faster than the hardened one.

Also in every CoD game you have these "Campaign Moments" for example: A mortar or whatever drops next to you and you can't stand up youself so someone has to pick you up and you continue like nothing happend. Like who cares that a mortar just hit 3 feet next to you?!?
MW2 had more exciting moments than BO.

Anyway's enough ranting about the campaign i LOVE the multiplayer.
My K/D on BO = 1.87
Kills: 23480
Prestige 7
And here are 2 clips of some great matches i've played if anyone would like to see some gameplay!

My first flawless: 38 - 0 DOM: http://www.youtube.com/user/teamXDclan#p /a/u/2/vAiNf5GEwQs
And going rush mode 43 - 1 TDM: http://www.youtube.com/user/teamXDclan#p /a/u/0/L3p8e455zHk

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 28th, 2011 @ 09:22 AM Reply

Glad they patched the Second chance thing. Was sick of getting shit loads of assists.

Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 28th, 2011 @ 04:07 PM Reply

From looking at this, it seems gas zombies will return to Ascension, along with the Ray Gun, Thundergun, Winter's Howl, and Wunderwaffe. It also looks like Richtofen's being replaced.

chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Jan. 28th, 2011 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 1/28/11 04:07 PM, Toki911 wrote: From looking at this, it seems gas zombies will return to Ascension, along with the Ray Gun, Thundergun, Winter's Howl, and Wunderwaffe. It also looks like Richtofen's being replaced.

They all look different, but I heard the four would return so maybe thats just a bit of fan art

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature