00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,729 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-15 20:15:15

At 2/15/11 04:13 AM, SDS-Doggy wrote: nothing to see here occifers, er, officers.

I used to have the ol' angry faic as my emblem for a long time before I changed it to something a bit more....sexy :x

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-15 23:19:24

At 2/14/11 04:17 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
What ladder?
black ops
Yeah what ladder. 2v2 3v3 4v4, gametype.etc.

4v4

I also want to get a 2v2 going if i can find someone whos good enough.

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-15 23:20:55

At 2/15/11 08:15 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 2/15/11 04:13 AM, SDS-Doggy wrote: nothing to see here occifers, er, officers.
I used to have the ol' angry faic as my emblem for a long time before I changed it to something a bit more....sexy :x

And whats that?

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 02:14:24

Hey can anyone make a emblem of Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia for me? Post it on youtube of how to make it if you do it thank you :)

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 05:42:22

Was on Five last nigh with these two kids and they were clearly just trolling people. Kept trapping me in corners and not letting me in the lift. Pair of idiots.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 09:40:10

So I bought Gold camo for my Galil last night, it looks amazing <3

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 10:02:03

At 2/16/11 09:40 AM, ShadowWest wrote: So I bought Gold camo for my Galil last night, it looks amazing <3

I just decided to look up how you get gold guns because I'm by no means a regular Black Ops player... and you need 14th prestige?! I'm never going to play it that much.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 17:38:21

Recently bought First Strike, and I am loving Ascension!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-16 18:29:36

THIS is what I think of Call Of Duty: http://multipurposereviews.com/?p=562

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-18 20:20:03

I wish they'd fix the Nemesis bit in the after game report. It's NEVER correct. It'll say one guy has killed me 3 times and I didn't kill him, when I know I killed him more than 5 times O_o

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-18 21:10:06

So since I've started on the Xbox my W/L ratio is 3.83 (32 - 6), and my K/D ratio is 1.91 (433 - 227).

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-18 21:18:46

At 2/18/11 08:20 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I wish they'd fix the Nemesis bit in the after game report. It's NEVER correct. It'll say one guy has killed me 3 times and I didn't kill him, when I know I killed him more than 5 times O_o

Really? That might explain a lot for me then.

W/L Ratio = 4.00 now.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-18 22:04:50

At 2/18/11 09:10 PM, Makeshift wrote: So since I've started on the Xbox my W/L ratio is 3.83 (32 - 6), and my K/D ratio is 1.91 (433 - 227).

When it's low It can go up or down really easy. I have just over 25,000 kills, so it takes me about a 10 games to go from 2.44 - 2.45 :(

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 03:02:16

Does anyone have any recommendations or preferences between the M16, FAMAS, and Aug?
Or are they all equally overpowered?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 08:37:19

At 2/19/11 03:02 AM, Samen wrote: Does anyone have any recommendations or preferences between the M16, FAMAS, and Aug?

M16 is good, shit at close range, and is the least overpowered M16 of any CoD game.(G11 is for sure though :)

The Famas can pretty much use any setup you want and do well with it(if your a good player).

At first I hated the Aug and thought it was complete shit, but I quit playing the game for 2 weeks because it fucking sucked, then I came back to the game, loved it again, and needed challenges. A good class would be: DualMags, Frags, Stuns, Scavenger, Hardened/Steady Aim(or SoH if you roll like that,but it really isn't necessary) and Ninja/Hacker/TacMask Pro

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 11:19:22

At 2/19/11 03:02 AM, Samen wrote: Does anyone have any recommendations or preferences between the M16, FAMAS, and Aug?

M16 + ACOG = Amazing sniper rifle. M16 and G11 are only considered overpowered if the person using them has host anyway.

Stats-wise, the AUG and FAMAS are pretty much identical, the only difference is that the AUG's recoil is more circular and random, and the FAMAS's recoil is easily controlled and predictable as it always kicks upwards and towards the right. Oh, and these guns are the most overpowered guns in the game.

But do everyone a favor and don't use the FAMAUG, there's too many dickheads whoring the guns out, so try out the M14 or something instead yeah?

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 13:07:05

At 2/19/11 11:19 AM, ShadowWest wrote: But do everyone a favor and don't use the FAMAUG, there's too many dickheads whoring the guns out, so try out the M14 or something instead yeah?

No point disadvantaging myself for the sake of pride on a game, I'll enjoy mowing people down.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 13:49:37

At 2/19/11 01:07 PM, Obvious-M wrote:
At 2/19/11 11:19 AM, ShadowWest wrote: But do everyone a favor and don't use the FAMAUG, there's too many dickheads whoring the guns out, so try out the M14 or something instead yeah?
No point disadvantaging myself for the sake of pride on a game, I'll enjoy mowing people down.

AK74U is MUCH worse.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 18:03:12

I don't find any of these guns overpowered at all. What is it with everyone saying this gun or that gun is over powered? If ANY gun is over powered it's the ak74u, obviously.

I rarely see many people using the AUG. More so the Famas, but I suppose that's because It's a good solid all round gun and unlockable at a low level.

Hate how pretty much 90% of people stick to the same 4 or 5 guns. There are plenty of good SMGs (MPL is my fave).

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 21:17:01

At 2/19/11 06:03 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
I don't find any of these guns overpowered at all. What is it with everyone saying this gun or that gun is over powered? If ANY gun is over powered it's the ak74u, obviously.

Anyone find it funny how the past three COD games all had an overpowered death machine in the SMG category (MP40, UMP .45, AK74u)?

At least before that people complained about the M16 being over powered.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-19 21:37:33

Does no one like the FN FAL? I love that shit. But I just hate how it takes so long to unlock. I'm considering stopping prestiging once I'm at 3.

Zombies! Ahhh! || GT: Rage the Worm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-20 21:51:22

Downloading the map pack.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 06:41:14

At 2/19/11 09:37 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: Does no one like the FN FAL? I love that shit. But I just hate how it takes so long to unlock. I'm considering stopping prestiging once I'm at 3.

MORE LIKE 'EFFIN FAIL.

So I got ghost pro and hacker pro last night, getting the C4 kills and finding a SG to destroy was a real pain. But now I'm practically invisible with added x-ray vision :D

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 09:13:30

Booby trapped a care package for the 1st time. I don't like how it changes colour and gets a skull and crossbones on the top. Only the most brainless of idiots will fall for that.

Also, being invisible to EVERYTHING is awesome :3

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 10:39:24

At 2/21/11 09:13 AM, Quinny wrote: Booby trapped a care package for the 1st time. I don't like how it changes colour and gets a skull and crossbones on the top. Only the most brainless of idiots will fall for that.

Only you/your team sees it as that, the other team sees it as a a regular looking crate with a random killstreak as if somebody Hardline pro'd it. Not sure if it's more likely to be something like a gunship/dogs but the last time I saw somebody booby trap a friendly crate it went from a Sentry Gun to a Rolling Thunder.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 13:10:53

At 2/19/11 09:37 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: Does no one like the FN FAL? I love that shit. But I just hate how it takes so long to unlock. I'm considering stopping prestiging once I'm at 3.

I'm not really a big fan of the FAL in Black Ops to be honest, but I find that putting an ACOG scope on it makes it pretty damn beastly.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 16:23:45

At 2/21/11 09:13 AM, Quinny wrote: Booby trapped a care package for the 1st time.

I've booby trapped a few care packages just before I prestiged. Go many double kills with those :D There's always a few people that can't resist going for those boxes, haha.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 23:05:53

At 2/21/11 04:23 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 2/21/11 09:13 AM, Quinny wrote: Booby trapped a care package for the 1st time.
I've booby trapped a few care packages just before I prestiged. Go many double kills with those :D There's always a few people that can't resist going for those boxes, haha.

Lol I didn't even know about the booby trap thing until I got killed by one for the game winning kill cam during my 4th prestige. Been using hacker and hacker pro ever since. I think I booby trapped 3 crates in 1 game one time and got 5-6 kills total with all 3 of them pretty satisfying lol.

Im currently nearing the end of 7th prestige level 43 as of now.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-21 23:37:38

Every time I get host, which isn't very often, I use the FN FAL. I'd use it a lot more if it wasn't for lag + kickback.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2011-02-22 01:13:36

Black Ops' primary weapons are all either classified as overpowered or shit. With the former being the only thing you see in the game. I played the entire story mode before heading online and knew the AK74, and 47, were going to be my main guns because of superiorly low recoil and sexiness. But my interest ran out when I realized everybody was using it. Don't they ever get an urge to change it up a bit? I can't think of a time where somebody pulled out a pistol when they flanked me but were forced to reload. And I watch the killcam for half my deaths.

Meanwhile, I made three kills at close range with the python in my first ever game of Search and Destroy, while being the only guy left on my team to finish the job (I actually went back and recorded those 15 seconds in the Theater Mode. And I wasn't even playing that impressively.)

I managed to make due with the M14 up until rank 29, but that's only on good days. It seems the ballistic knife and tomahawk are the only things I can count on in this close-range-based game. Am I the only person who misses being a sniper? The sniper rifles aren't bad, it's just that there's only two maps in the base game of Black ops where being a sniper can net you plenty of kills. 90% of the time you're alive in multiplayer, you're sprinting. In and out of buildings. It no longer takes skill, but pure luck to be a sniper. Flashback to World at War, and I have memories of having epic sniper battles with random players. Who could score the headshot first and secure the high perch in the middle of the map that overlooks the entire area? At least that was a display of skill rather than hipfiring an entire clip of AK74 ammo at an enemy way out of the gun's effective range.

End rant.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.