00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReneePrower just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Winter Wacom 7

17,243 Views | 131 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:50:44

Today's Wacom tablet goes to golfinho!

You may have noticed him a few times in the Treasure Hunt.

And this nugget.

He also just made a Winter Flash!

Golfinho has been using an old busted genius tablet from his work. Time for an upgrade.

In other news...

If you were expecting CCB today, it won't be out today but maybe tomorrow! In the meantime, enjoy the Last of the Dashkin.

Quick poll!

When we originally added auras to user accounts, the aura was determined by your voting habits.

We realized people were adjusting their voting habits to get the color they wanted, and didn't like that, so we let people pick their own aura.

What if your aura represented the dominant content type you contribute to the site, such as movies, games, music, art, etc.

Browsing a list of users or a thread, you could quickly determine specialties by the color of the aura.

Would you enjoy that or be bothered by that?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:52:22

Congrats Golfinho!

1st?

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:52:25

At 12/9/09 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: What if your aura represented the dominant content type you contribute to the site, such as movies, games, music, art, etc.

Browsing a list of users or a thread, you could quickly determine specialties by the color of the aura.

No, just leave the auras the way they are now, and have been for about the last 7 years.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:53:15

i like the aura idea

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:56:07

I don't think changing the auroras would be helpful.
Maybe have icons or stamps in a small space under a person's post count?

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:56:33

If all the people who just post the BBS and have no submissions whatsoever would have blank auras then I vote for!

ey

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:56:51

I like the aura idea. Could you do it so you can switch your Aura to that or pick your own? Maybe have a special colour for people who contribute?

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:57:25

I think the aura idea could be a useful one, if well realized. Perhaps scale back the auras to the old system of light, dark and neutral but have an added option for people who wish for their aura to reflect their contributions to the site, using either the "new" colours or a set of original ones.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 16:58:30

I like the aura idea but people would start moaning so it's a really bad idea. More colours would be nice but theres a colour for evil, neutral, light, dark and fab, not really room for more colours..

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:01:13

Having an aura indicate your specialty would produce the same results as making them voting dependent, just because you make movies doesn't mean you should have a color you don't want. I would rather have them stay the same, or have an unlockable selection based on what you've made. The former preferred, the latter suggested.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:01:39

ahahah congrats golfinho

he is gay but he cool

:<>

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:05:40

::Would you enjoy that or be bothered by that?

Would be actually a cool feature.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:05:54

Congrats to Golfhino! And in my opinion, I would actually rather have it so we go back to the voting habit auras.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:06:11

I would definitely be bothered if aura was determined by which part of the site you contribute to the most. If that meant I had fab for my activities, I would be outraged! I prefer things the way they are now as I can choose whichever aura I want from the five and not have an unwanted aura.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:06:55

Haha! I love him!
Glad he won one :)

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:07:57

At 12/9/09 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: What if your aura represented the dominant content type you contribute to the site, such as movies, games, music, art, etc.

I personally quite like the idea, but I can see why many people wouldn't.
And, if it comes to people not releasing movies (for example) in order to keep their aura how they like it, I can see it being bad for Newgrounds.

Colors are a little too, err, 'personal', I suppose. I would suggest using a little icon or something, but colors catch the eye better than small icons.
If you did go through with it though, would it be better to have it affected by what the person is 'best known' for? Which of their content types has the most views/highest votes (although I see this being difficult to compare since a person may be well known for their art with a few thousand views, but their games got more views purely for being games).

Yeah, I'm no help.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:10:29

At 12/9/09 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: Would you enjoy that or be bothered by that?

that sounds 100% AWESOME. love the idea

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:12:26

I like the user-choice aspect of the current system, but also your idea too.

Perhaps some way to combine them? Like, have colours predetermined but let everyone have a 50 character tagline under their aura or summat liek dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:14:29

I like the concept of the aura change, but I think most people like to control it. Maybe instead of the entire aura changing, maybe just the border? Something to set the person apart by what they do but still be able to control the aura itself.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:15:53

At 12/9/09 04:52 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: No, just leave the auras the way they are now, and have been for about the last 7 years.

Ya know I only got one thing on my mind for 2010...

Winter Wacom 7

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:16:34

At 12/9/09 04:56 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: I like the aura idea. Could you do it so you can switch your Aura to that or pick your own? Maybe have a special colour for people who contribute?

Yeah one thought was you earn a color for every area you contribute in, so you could choose at that point.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:17:34

Oh, I just have one little question. What's CCB? I'm assuming it's a game, could someone give me some insight? Thanks.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:17:35

YES. I like the idea. But you should also have auras for people who aren't making creations, like voters... Reviewers... Newcomer?

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:18:11

Congrads!

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:

: I have no sexual orientation

: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:18:36

i think it is a good idea in general but i myself am an all round submitter and i like my flash submissions more then my music, i might have more music up and that might show me as more of a music submitter. i think the idea could be flawed if automatic, maybe if users picked their own speciality?

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:19:12

Not first.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:19:42

At 12/9/09 05:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I like the user-choice aspect of the current system, but also your idea too.

It's actually Bob's idea but I wasn't sure if I should mention that in the post, in case the idea caused a hate-fest.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:19:49

At 12/9/09 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: Quick poll!

When we originally added auras to user accounts, the aura was determined by your voting habits.

We realized people were adjusting their voting habits to get the color they wanted, and didn't like that, so we let people pick their own aura.

What if your aura represented the dominant content type you contribute to the site, such as movies, games, music, art, etc.

Eh, it depends, really. For the longest time I was set as evil aura, until I switched to fab. Not having been around for the days in which you didnt get a choice in aura, i'd have to say that as long as I could keep my fab aura, I wouldnt really care. Otherwise, i'd be a bit ticked.

What if this were implemented, and the people that have a ton of high scoring art, music, flash and a nice high BBS post count had to pick an aura? Would they get their choice of aura or what?

To be honest, you should add a few aura colors, maybe even a color palette + the Fab, Light, Neutral, Dark, Evil auras. Green aura would be pretty sweet.

Gj winner of the day. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:21:04

About the poll: It would be nice to see in the general forums and perhaps Wi/Ht forums, but in the specific forums, all auras would be the same, making it harded to recognize someone by the combination of aura color/level icon. I vote to keep it the way it is now.

Response to Winter Wacom 7 2009-12-09 17:28:51

At 12/9/09 05:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/9/09 04:52 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: No, just leave the auras the way they are now, and have been for about the last 7 years.
Ya know I only got one thing on my mind for 2010...

Clearing land to raise cattle?

II II lI

BBS Signature