00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iblok just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Welcome to NG" Crew!

3,407 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 12:53:09

Welcome to Newgrounds!
This crew's purpose is meant to welcome all of the new users to Newgrounds or the BBS. If you are new to this website or it's community, please feel free to post in here a bit about yourself so we can get to know you and you can get to know us~! However, before you start posting it would probably be a good idea to read the BBS rules so you don't start off your NG experience being banned or having your post deleted.

WTNG Crew rules
- Be friendly and welcoming to all posters and fellow members (don't scare the newbies off!)
- Try to be helpful, provide advice and assistance to those who need it
- Introduce yourself even if you are not new to NG. It's nice to get a feel for the community if you are a new member.
- Abide by the standard BBS rules and report any misconduct to the BBS moderators.

I hope that all newbies will show their face in this crew, and that some regulars would join to welcome them. If you're interested in joining, all are welcome. I hope that this can provide a less messy (and legal) alternative to the "Hi, I'm new" threads :).

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 13:38:08

I'd just like to say hello to all the new NG'ers out there, and say "power to the 08'ers" and that I'm a regular here on NG, as seen in my siggy.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 14:02:30

This is a nice idea for a club. I think there was some thread for this in General but it was locked for some reason.

I welcome all the newbies to NewGrounds!

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 15:12:35

If this club is approved by mods then count me in!

I'll be more than happy to help out new newgrounders and point them in the right direction :)

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 17:10:40

As the poster above me stated, if this passes through mod-judgement, i would also gladly help! It's a good way to get to know new members and even make a few new friends. :D

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 21:22:07

At 7/18/09 05:10 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: As the poster above me stated, if this passes through mod-judgement, i would also gladly help! It's a good way to get to know new members and even make a few new friends. :D

New friends are always fun! As an '06 user, I'd be glad to contribute!!

PM me for a Signature. | Add me on Steam: Sneakers25

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-18 22:09:54

At 7/18/09 09:22 PM, Spiff wrote: New friends are always fun! As an '06 user, I'd be glad to contribute!!

an 06'er? well I guess I'm still a reg with 08 status...

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 00:03:17

I've been here for 5 years of my life, (have an account I used before this) and I think this is a great idea... I'd be glad to join.

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 00:06:17

alright, I'll be around to welcome the newcomers...

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 00:16:33

Yay for all of the greeters! I appreciate your participation, let's spread the word so some newbies know where to find us :D

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 03:54:51

Great club idea. I'd love to join and welcome new members.

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 13:57:58

Good idea for a club. Guess i'll start linking users to introduce themselves here, if they mistakenly make threads in general about it!

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 14:12:17

Hello everyone i was just passing by and wanted to say.. well, Hello!
and Welcome to Newgrounds!

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 14:34:18

I'll help if I have the opportunity. I've been more active recently anyways.

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 14:53:47

Well so far, lots of users willing to help and greet, but no-one to greet yet, lol.

It'll be hard for new users to just stumble upon this club unless like STEM said, he and other mods can link new users here.

Anyway, i still think this clubs a good idea.

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:05:15

hi. im sorta new to newgrounds. what are the secret items about? Are they useful in any way?

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:08:50

This has - as anyone could figure out - been tried numerous times in the past, and we generally discourage this kind of thread.

First off, most new users won't actually make their way here because they don't discover this thread at all, or simply when it's too late. Secondly, a thread like this would most surely only work as a redirection to our FAQ, which new users always should read before they come with site-related questions anyway. If their questions aren't covered in the FAQ, their questions should go in the Wi/Ht forum.

As for introductions, they can easily be done with newsposts since the redesign <;-)

onna site keikan/alt

«¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥»

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:09:56

DICK JOKE!!!!!!!! This club is excellent! Brillient bring all the n00bs in so we can kill them all in a NG gas chamber!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:26:49

At 7/19/09 01:57 PM, STEM wrote: Good idea for a club. Guess i'll start linking users to introduce themselves here, if they mistakenly make threads in general about it!

Good idea. Ive seen so many threads for noobs introducing themselfs.

I'll leave this here ;)

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:56:33

At 7/19/09 03:08 PM, AllReligiousDrunk wrote: First off, most new users won't actually make their way here because they don't discover this thread at all, or simply when it's too late.

Possibly an addition could be added to the rules page that links here where it says that no "I'm new" threads can be made.

As for introductions, they can easily be done with newsposts since the redesign <;-)

The problem with that is that new users get hardly any notice. It's only the regulars that get people other than their friends actually looking at their page.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 15:58:07

Forgot to mention that I'd like to help out here.

It's a good idea in theory. Let's hope it works in practice.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 21:44:42

At 7/19/09 03:08 PM, AllReligiousDrunk wrote: This has - as anyone could figure out - been tried numerous times in the past, and we generally discourage this kind of thread.

Well I mean, it would provide more than just introductions but actually getting the new crowd familiar with the forum and comfortable with it's members rather than just jumping out into the BBS. My intentions are to just stir away from the "Im new" threads and just put them all in one area while also providing a service (helping them out).

Yeah but if I were to sign up for newgrounds and post something on my news page, how many people would read it? I don't think too many

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 22:10:19

Welcome! would you like a cookie?

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-19 22:55:59

Im in. This is a great club idea!

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 00:04:03

Count me in! I'd love to give a helping hand/meet new people.

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 12:36:14

Hi, my name is Lee and I'm new.

I found this site when my friend linked me to retarded animal babies it was so funny lol. This place seems really nice and i hope to post here on a regular basis. HI AGAIN GUYS.

This is merely a practice post for all of you welcomers and I look forward to see your replies.

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 12:43:25

At 7/20/09 11:59 AM, RocketBean wrote: We have so many people willing to welcome newcomers, but only one who came to be welcomed :|

Well hopefully we can get the word out to newbies soon enough, I'm really quite delighted to see so many of the Newgrounds members willing to come and help out newbies. Thanks for your participation guys, really!

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 13:06:38

At 7/20/09 12:04 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: Count me in! I'd love to give a helping hand/meet new people.

What do you mean? technically you're a "new person" yourself. But sure, if you know anything about newgrounds, go ahead and share your wisdom with the newer n00bs. :D

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 13:13:43

Like I said before, I really think that there should some sort of link to this in the rules page. Otherwise, no one's going to know.

At 7/20/09 01:06 PM, Sectus wrote: What do you mean? technically you're a "new person" yourself. But sure, if you know anything about newgrounds, go ahead and share your wisdom with the newer n00bs. :D

He's not new; he's on 07 user.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to "Welcome to NG" Crew! 2009-07-20 13:15:19

At 7/20/09 12:43 PM, Gateau wrote: Well hopefully we can get the word out to newbies soon enough, I'm really quite delighted to see so many of the Newgrounds members willing to come and help out newbies. Thanks for your participation guys, really!

How though? this club could work, but I have to agree with what AllReligiousDrunk said to be honest. Unless you find a way to advertise this so any new member could find it, it's unlikely they will. I very rarely see "hi im new" threads anyway, most people just post instantly in General.

BBS Signature