00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Re-Imagining of Megatron

9,887 Views | 91 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 13:51:05

Just like my old Optimus thread, I will be redoing Megatron in my style and How I would've liked to have seen him in the movie. The second movie really get him much closer to what I would have liked, I just think there are a few things megatron wouldn't need. 1) He's not going to hide, so keeping him cybertonian makes perfect sense.
2) he flies. he doesnt need a vehicle mode.3) needs a mode that allows him to concentrate his firepower. Alt and primary.

So heres what I came up with. He's a Stationary cybertonian turrent gun. Originally the treads on his feet were by his ribs, but I really loved the feet in the new movie so I changed it to reflect that.

*that little image of his turrent mode wont be in the final piece, thats just me working out his transformation

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 13:53:39

That looks really good. I'm guessing you are going to color it?

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 13:59:23

That's pretty cool, I think it looks a bit closer to his original "cartoon" design, which I prefered greatly over the Transformers movies 1 and 2 look.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 14:03:14

Oh snap, this looks totally awesome.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 14:06:49

thanks

and yah the plan is to polish it up, and color it inbetween breaks and such. I figure if I dont post it now it will get lost in the pile

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 15:09:01

At 7/13/09 01:51 PM, MindChamber wrote: Just like my old Optimus thread, I will be redoing Megatron in my style and How I would've liked to have seen him in the movie. The second movie really get him much closer to what I would have liked, I just think there are a few things megatron wouldn't need. 1) He's not going to hide, so

To understand...
The average person, usually taken as the weak, is unappreciated in their exertion of masterpiece that has taken so long to fully complete and show their artistic talents to the masses. Most often it is that they are thrown back into the forge from which they had once so strongly climbed. Most would see anything unordinary or neoteric as an unsatisfying surprise. All though it may seem as irrelevant, useful information is useful, and my point draws ever closer. When someone of a higher power, someone that people idolize, creates platitudinous work, no matter how great of skill they may possess, it will be respected greatly. Most of the appreciation that you are fed is unfortunately, fraudulent; however, you do deserve some indeed. The art is good, but don't become over absorbent.

Lordadon is your Lord

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 15:26:01

At 7/13/09 03:09 PM, LordAdon wrote: . Most of the appreciation that you are fed is unfortunately, fraudulent; however, you do deserve some indeed. The art is good, but don't become over absorbent.

First, this is still ruff work so it isnt meant to blow anyone away.
but hey if you aren't impressed by my work, thats fine also..

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 15:36:23

Oh no, I have been misunderstood. You're art is great. I love it, but I am only reffering to the average population, who are admiring you due to your position.

Lordadon is your Lord

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 15:44:01

At 7/13/09 03:36 PM, LordAdon wrote: Oh no, I have been misunderstood. You're art is great. I love it, but I am only reffering to the average population, who are admiring you due to your position.

That is not all that you said. Regardless. you are not a mind reader.
It doesnt matter what position Im in., Im just another artist on an art forum, and there are other artists here that get way more attention towards their work, and deserve to. If this is something that upsets you, then simply work on your drawing skills.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 15:52:04

I can't really give critique as it looks spot on for a redesign. I can offer the fact that it looks a million times better than the ridiculous Armada Megatron, assuming that was his last official upgrade before this Revenge of the Fallen movie. As for that one, it looked a bit too HR Giger to fit into the Transformers mold IMO.

At 7/13/09 01:51 PM, MindChamber wrote: Just like my old Optimus thread, I will be redoing Megatron in my style and How I would've liked to have seen him in the movie. The second movie really get him much closer to what I would have liked, I just think there are a few things megatron wouldn't need. 1) He's not going to hide, so keeping him cybertonian makes perfect sense.
2) he flies. he doesnt need a vehicle mode.3) needs a mode that allows him to concentrate his firepower. Alt and primary.

So heres what I came up with. He's a Stationary cybertonian turrent gun. Originally the treads on his feet were by his ribs, but I really loved the feet in the new movie so I changed it to reflect that.

*that little image of his turrent mode wont be in the final piece, thats just me working out his transformation

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 16:03:23

deserve to. If this is something that upsets you, then simply work on your drawing skills.

I am insulted that you believe that I am attacking you due to my, not so impressive art skills. Perhaps id you had read the writing above more clearly, you may understand properly. I am not insulting you in any way. I am merely stating, bluntly, that the suck-ups will do anything that they can to... well, suck-up to you. You are seen as a higher figure, and opinions are biased towards higher figures. This has nothing to do with my artwork at all. For example:
If Renenae drew something horrible (She is very good, but for the sake of writing), Let's say she drew a god-awful abomination in Photoshop, and made an art thread. Would people start saying what they would to most? "Get the F*ck off the art forum!" etc, no they wouldn't this is because, she is a female. The same thing would go for you because you are a higher figure.
Nonetheless, I am done, so carry on. I am sure that this will be a great drawing in the end.

Lordadon is your Lord

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 16:14:12

Im insulted to that you think I misunderstood your simply worded post.

When someone of a higher power, someone that people idolize, creates platitudinous work, no matter how great of skill they may possess, it will be respected greatly. Most of the appreciation that you are fed is unfortunately, fraudulent; however, you do deserve some indeed. The art is good, but don't become over absorbent.

You basically said my work was unoriginal and boring, and basically not to become full of myself.

You are free to have your opinions on my work, but don't patronize me, by going back on them.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 16:14:39

I also said no matter how great of a skill they may posess. Your skill is great, better than most. But I believe that we are at war here, so I apologize for offending you.

Lordadon is your Lord

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 16:15:45

At 7/13/09 04:14 PM, LordAdon wrote: I also said no matter how great of a skill they may posess. Your skill is great, better than most. But I believe that we are at war here, so I apologize for offending you.

whatever, quite filling up my thread with crap, and go draw something.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 17:00:28

Yo Mindchamber this is unoriginal and boring!

Sketch is coming along nicely, ever gonna do any real work? :P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 17:26:08

At 7/13/09 04:03 PM, LordAdon wrote: For example: If Renenae drew something horrible ...would people start saying what they would to most? "Get the F*ck off the art forum!" etc, no they wouldn't this is because, she is a female.

um... gender, level, supposed 'e-fame' ... shouldn't have anything to do with it. If someone posts garbage, the ng users are gonna call them out! So, stfu and stop trying to create drama where none exists.

moving on...

That sketch looks awesome! Do you do these at high enough res for printing? 'cuz I could send ya some poster-sized prints of both when this one is done! :D

Looking forward to the updates!

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 18:21:34

That looks really sweet so far, MindChamber.

I'm not sure I like the face, or I may be looking at it wrong, but it looks a little smashed up and chubby to me, haha. =P

Other than that it's just great, your art really captures the look and feel of Transformers. I look forward to the next phase of the art.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 18:56:22

At 7/13/09 06:21 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: That looks really sweet so far, MindChamber.

I'm not sure I like the face, or I may be looking at it wrong, but it looks a little smashed up and chubby to me, haha. =P

haha yah, I guess at that size its hard to tell. his helmet has cheek guards.

Other than that it's just great, your art really captures the look and feel of Transformers. I look forward to the next phase of the art.

thanks , Imma try hard to out do the prime one.

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 19:00:27

At 7/13/09 06:56 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote: Before I actually read your post, I didn't realise that was his alt. form.
I just thought it was a doodle of a silly little robot.

Also, Looks good for what it is, so far. Loved your Prime redo.

Hahah, Now I cant help but see that smiling face.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 20:59:37

U GUYS R KISS UPS TELL WHAT U REALLY THINK
its good but i think it could have been better with shading and couler

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 21:05:08

At 7/13/09 08:59 PM, rikio23 wrote: U GUYS R KISS UPS TELL WHAT U REALLY THINK
its good but i think it could have been better with shading and couler

lol, its not done. but thanks!

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 21:27:20

top looks amazing. At first I thought he was connected to a giant tank base but then saw he was stepping forward.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-13 21:27:33

I really enjoyed the prime thread, it's always intriguing to see a project go from concept to completion ( like that old Illidan thread by Razac too). And of course, being a huge transformers fan also helps, so I can't wait to see some progress, best of luck and have fun with it!

you should've done Galvatron :p

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 05:21:54

To my six year old mind, the cannon on the bottom left looks like two robots having buttsex. One of which is not enjoying it judging on his face expression.

Very good sketch MindChamber, one little thing that bugs me is the angle in which he's walking, his legs are on a 3/4 perspective while the torso aims directly to the front, which looks like when playing in spectator mode in old FPSs, that the torso bends in a way that seems like would be extremely annoying to walk. I really like the sketch though, has a lot of attitude and the colored part so far is great. You too color starting with abstract blobs of colors, right? I've seen a lot of great artists who do that, never really learnt how to do it myself. Keep it up man, it looks really impressive, great work on the detail with all the inner gears, I'm guessing it must've been a tough pain in the ass to do.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 05:33:48

Mindchamer, do you use a tablet?
If you do then you make me want to get one.

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 06:20:17

Looking good so far. The legs are kinda bugging me, though. They don't look like two separate legs right now, but like one solid piece, you know? Coloring is sure to fix that, though.

What are you coloring this in? Cause, if I remember correctly, you colored Optimus Prime in Painter.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 08:34:48

Megatron re-imagined AT LAST!!!

I like the face, but I can't help seeing the cheek guards as some sort of moustache... (Turn A Gundam Syndrome?)
Waiting patiently for the next update.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 08:37:44

At 7/14/09 08:34 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: I like the face, but I can't help seeing the cheek guards as some sort of moustache...

Damn you!What has been seen cannot be unseen.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 08:56:44

Thats hot

and Im not saying that because of your position
also: Idiot monarch is back! where have you been man

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-07-14 09:18:38

At 7/14/09 06:20 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Looking good so far. The legs are kinda bugging me, though. They don't look like two separate legs right now, but like one solid piece, you know? Coloring is sure to fix that, though.

What are you coloring this in? Cause, if I remember correctly, you colored Optimus Prime in Painter.

ya perspective is kinda my weakness, Im hoping the coloring bring it out more. As for painter, it was a major pain, so I think Ill stick to Pshop on this one.

At 7/14/09 08:34 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Megatron re-imagined AT LAST!!!

I like the face, but I can't help seeing the cheek guards as some sort of moustache... (Turn A Gundam Syndrome?)

lol well all evil villians have evil mustaches . I think Im gonna make it look more like part of the helment tho :p