SENTINELS: OPERATION LEVIATHAN
Welcome to this story thread, I hope it proves to be a long, enjoyable, constructive and prosperous thread.
Sentinels, is a personal creation of mine, featuring the campaigns of an "Interventionist" Military race known as the Sentinels, I have written a few stories about them in my time.
ENSURE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING.
1. Absolutely NO flame-wars. (This wastes forum space and upsets the flow of story and input. It also affects other users and contributors negatively, if you ABOSOLUTELY must say something, do it via P.M.)
2. No submissions that are irrelevant, focus remains on the main character at most times. (e.g., cutting away from current action and events to show something random)
3. No forcing characters into the story. (e.g., suddenly jamming a character into the plot, without any introduction or explanation)
4. No memes. (e.g., Shoop da whoop)
5. Be sensible and set a good example. (This creates a healthy working environment and allows others and yourself to submit content more comfortablely)
6. No Trolling, Constructive criticism is naturally welcome as it identifies a problem and offers a solution. (Trolling however just lowers the tone and upsets users)
Submission / Contribution Rules:
1. Spend at least up to 45 minutes or over on your piece.
2. When you are going to submit the next frame, announce that you are going to. (so as to let other existing and potential contributors know.)
3. Absolutely no submissions once someone else has announced that they are going to submit the next frame. (There's nothing more annoying than working on a frame, then coming back to see someone else has posted a frame before you, after you announced your claim.)
4. Ensure that any frames that are submitted are completely coloured.
5. If an announcer has not yet submitted their piece without explanation after 5 hours, the chance to claim will be opened again.
6. Regarding Violence and Nudity.
The environments the characters will be interacting will most likely be very dangerous, so violence is to be expected, however I do ask that you do not create anything that is very graphic.
Nudity and sex should only be used in very artistic instances. I am unsure whether character relations will reach the level of sex, however if it does I ask that you do not show anything that is explicit.
Character Party Rules:
1. Only a maximum of three main characters is allowed, these will be introduced and chosen in a special way.
2. New main characters can only enter the party while there is an empty slot in the party, and only after the previous occupant's fate has been confirmed.
3. When and if you create a character, make them dynamic and give them depth, I have a system set that allows you to create characters effectively at the right moments.
Personal Art styles are completely welcome, as long as the Artist ensures characters and areas are recognizable.
There's no need to try and cram action and plot twists into every shot, this thread attempts to create and sustain a much more linear approach, we'll try to have more build-up, before action scenes and plot twists.
Respect your fellow users and be understanding, this will allow a much more calm and enjoyable environment.
Keep yourself calm and collected, in these kind of threads emotions can tend to run high, often leading to flame wars, no-one wants this.
When you want to submit a frame, please consider carefully what has happened so far, you must make submissions that further the story well, rather than complicating things, so consider carefully whether or not your idea for the next part really does contribute effectively before your begin.
Have fun! If you're contributing, take your time with your work, and enjoy the creation process. You have a time limit of up to five hours for work on a submission, so you have plenty of ample time to tweak your frame, until you are satisfied with the final product.
Be creative! "Sentinels" is set in many planets in far reaches of the universe; therefore we're bound to see interesting people, races, and species. We don't need to see humans exclusively so let's see what you can create!
The "Dialogue sequence", when characters have long conversations, you can write all the dialogue in the message box and include an interesting picture to capture the essence of a conversation. This is useful for maintaining a good level of understanding in the story.
I guess that concludes the wall of text, so let's begin. I hope we all have a lot of fun and create a coherent, enjoyable story, for both the contributors and the readers.
To anyone who may wish to contribute soon, please allow me to finish the introduction before any additional contribution is submitted it will take around 30 minutes due to forum mechanics.
Chapter one: "Awakening".
Commander Antares entered the observation room; he could see the Cryo-stasis pod through the glass.
"Control room? Is the re-animation process finished?" Spoke the Commander, to what appeared to be the air.
"Yes Commander, we are ready to activate on your command." Spoke a nearby intercom.
"Then It's time, proceed when ready" he spoke apprehensively.