00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

22,696 Views | 230 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-23 09:40:30

At 1/22/10 10:16 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Heres a quick update, still got some time left:

That looks really good, the grooves on the neck look like they're on the wrong angle, the dotted texture like stuff on him looks awesome.

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-23 22:58:07

At 1/23/10 09:10 AM, windowskiller wrote:
At 1/20/10 06:59 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Here's a 4 different medium Halo 3 tribute. The higher res is In the Portal
I'm speechless.
You added such a great amount of detail to mastercheif. It s just awesome.
But why did you use difffernt mediums?

If you go to the HQ link HERE it explains everything. Thanks for the comment though, it was a blast to make, albeit rushed due to it being a final.

At 1/23/10 09:40 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 1/22/10 10:16 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Heres a quick update, still got some time left:
That looks really good, the grooves on the neck look like they're on the wrong angle, the dotted texture like stuff on him looks awesome.

Thanks! Yeah I see what you mean about the neck, looks a bit goofy, but I didn't have time to change it :/

- - - -

So I thought up an idea today to try and NOT use the wonderful feature of opacity in photoshop for a little while. I think it gives a more realistic-painting feel, unless of course you were using water colors. Here's a bit of practice I did with this theory, about half an hour I would say.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-26 18:07:49

So I guess this is what bitey looked like in my head, and I couldn't really remember what the yellow gloopy creature looked like either.

I don't like either of the hands, or the legs for that matter, but its cartoony so i just went with it.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 21:49:49

Dang! Forgot my pencils and sketchbook at home today, so I had to use ballpoint. Here is the beginning of this week's COW.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 21:54:50

At 1/27/10 09:49 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Dang! Forgot my pencils and sketchbook at home today, so I had to use ballpoint. Here is the beginning of this week's COW.

Theres nothing wrong with using a ballpoint pen, I especially love sketching with the Bic classic mediums. If i dont have a pencil with me i will always use one of those, The ink goes down so nicely.

Nice job so far on the COW

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 22:43:50

At 1/27/10 09:54 PM, Snowman wrote: Theres nothing wrong with using a ballpoint pen, I especially love sketching with the Bic classic mediums. If i dont have a pencil with me i will always use one of those, The ink goes down so nicely.

This is true! It was sort of refreshing, I used to draw with ballpoint all the time in class back in high school, and it does have a pretty unique feel to it. Maybe ill do a few more with it just for fun.

Thanks, Mr. Big Hat Snowman! :p Here's what I've done since I posted that WIP. I've just got an HDMI cable so I can work on my TV, and I must say the color saturation is WAYY higher on the tv, Ill probably adjust the levels and such when I'm all done, I don't wanna tweak it just yet.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 22:56:01

At 1/27/10 10:43 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
Thanks, Mr. Big Hat Snowman! :p Here's what I've done since I posted that WIP. I've just got an HDMI cable so I can work on my TV, and I must say the color saturation is WAYY higher on the tv, Ill probably adjust the levels and such when I'm all done, I don't wanna tweak it just yet.

Liekin that wip
Yes, I run Dual monitor on my PC too, My 22" On my desk and my 32" TV (but i do DVI to HDMI, not straight HDMI). The color is always screwed up, with every tv I have tried it on. I think it is just a dedicated computer monitor VS Tv thing. In mine my saturation was jacked up and so was my brighness, It would be quite annoying while playing games. It will take some time to fine tune it, so dont rush it, or it might end up looking worse :3

BBS Signature

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 23:23:24

At 1/27/10 10:56 PM, Snowman wrote:
Liekin that wip
Yes, I run Dual monitor on my PC too, My 22" On my desk and my 32" TV (but i do DVI to HDMI, not straight HDMI). The color is always screwed up, with every tv I have tried it on. I think it is just a dedicated computer monitor VS Tv thing. In mine my saturation was jacked up and so was my brighness, It would be quite annoying while playing games. It will take some time to fine tune it, so dont rush it, or it might end up looking worse :3

Oh cool! I was gonna hit up the lounge for some tips, but you beat me to it! Good to hear its not just my TV/eyes/computer. I'll play around a bit to find the right balance, but I really like how it looks on the tv better, such vibrant colors and all. I upped the saturation on this WIP, then put it back to normal so it wouldn't mess it up when I work on it again. This is a bit closer to what I'm seeing on the TV. Thanks for your help and compliment, Snowman!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-27 23:25:32

Never posted final COW 79, so here it is, Chimera!

It's an Eagle, Lion, and Tortoise jumbalaya.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-28 22:30:24

a little more

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-01-28 22:36:52

At 1/27/10 11:23 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Oh cool! I was gonna hit up the lounge for some tips, but you beat me to it! Good to hear its not just my TV/eyes/computer. I'll play around a bit to find the right balance, but I really like how it looks on the tv better, such vibrant colors and all. I upped the saturation on this WIP, then put it back to normal so it wouldn't mess it up when I work on it again. This is a bit closer to what I'm seeing on the TV. Thanks for your help and compliment, Snowman!

Yhea, When I fixed the brightness on my tv I liked how it looked a bit better, More blue would show up compared to my other screen, so it looked abit better.
As for the newest additions, I remember your Chimera from the other COW, and i loved it (I think I voted for it, actually) Im likeing your new cow more and more each time you post. It is quite electrified.

BBS Signature

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-02-12 22:11:38

just started COW 82, late as usual.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-02-13 01:14:26

Hey, that demon you drew wearing the suit and standing next to the piano, is that based off of Little Demon from Soul Eater? It's cool.

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-02-13 01:36:51

At 2/13/10 01:14 AM, heavyrain wrote: Hey, that demon you drew wearing the suit and standing next to the piano, is that based off of Little Demon from Soul Eater? It's cool.

You have a good eye! It sure is, I found that character design very well done, and just kinda started sketching it. I did this colored version of it too shortly after, just never had a reason to post it until now! Thanks for the comment!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-02-24 23:15:12

CHOW 33 WIP, just got some new brushes from digital artist magazine, site. Its a really cool magazine, it has tons of tips and great artwork, tutorials etc.

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-02-24 23:38:50

Always a pleasure to see what you churn out Saurus, always.

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 18:34:08

At 2/24/10 11:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Always a pleasure to see what you churn out Saurus, always.

Thanks Jonny!

Check out all these things I've never finished messed into one:

A bunch of COWS, Screw Collab, a CHOW, and a SCOW

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 19:35:44

At 3/20/10 06:34 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
A bunch of COWS, Screw Collab, a CHOW, and a SCOW

Hey, Saurus!

you never posted the fianl version, O__o
It looks awesome :)

And your art is pretty imence. :D

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 21:45:19

At 3/20/10 07:35 PM, Posca wrote:
Hey, Saurus!

thanks! yeah It was getting too complex anyways, maybe ill have a go at the next one though.

haha thank you very much!

Heres some stuff I drew on my ipod that I didnt finish, first ones two chows ago

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 21:46:50

and then for this current chow, shadow lurk

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 21:48:23

and heres just a little thing I was working on, its relatively finished but im done with it

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-03-20 23:38:18

At 3/20/10 09:46 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: and then for this current chow, shadow lurk

finish it, theres still time, it looks awesome, do it do it now

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-04-19 19:23:11

With the Raffy Competition over, I feel like I can post these now.

The quality from my crappy little digital is nothing compared to what Luis used, but I took some cool angle shots before sending it out that I'd like to show since you really can't see the tail or wings in his pics.

Definitely check out the thread/pics if you haven't seen it, everyone's raffy is totally different, and there isn't a bad one in the bunch!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-04-19 19:35:19

At 4/19/10 07:23 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: With the Raffy Competition over, I feel like I can post these now.

I really dig the sculpting you did on this, totally aweso man.

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-04-30 11:36:24

At 4/19/10 07:23 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: With the Raffy Competition over, I feel like I can post these now.

Is that a Dwight Schrute bobblehead next to the tankman? :D
Also the raffy looks really good, I like the way you painted it.

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-06-11 22:04:45

At 4/30/10 11:36 AM, thies wrote:
Is that a Dwight Schrute bobblehead next to the tankman? :D
Also the raffy looks really good, I like the way you painted it.

It sure is a Dwight Schrute Bobble-head, good eye! And thank you, I had tons of fun with the Raffy. Thank you jonny as well!

Hey CloudEater, thanks for a being a good sport in doubles!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-06-11 23:32:36

At 6/11/10 10:04 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Hey CloudEater, thanks for a being a good sport in doubles!

That's some awesome pic you have there! It's very funny. I love his' expression lol.

Cloudeater: O NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-06-12 01:13:22

At 6/11/10 10:04 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Hey CloudEater, thanks for a being a good sport in doubles!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I lol'd at this hard.

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-07-31 21:54:36

At 3/20/10 07:35 PM, Charlie wrote:

Thanks, Charlie!

I stupidly didn't check the list of mario villians like I should have, and started on a chain-chompey, but I'm gonna find a different baddy to portray.

Also, got my Cintiq today yayyy!

+++Art of the Saurus+++

Response to +++Art of the Saurus+++ 2010-08-19 18:52:01

Wowww I guess I replied to the last post on a diff page, idk. Thanks 50 and jonny!

Heres CHOW41 I never finished, tried to re-do Goro but didn't have time to finish. More stuff to come!

+++Art of the Saurus+++