00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,647,742 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 13:25:22

At 6/2/09 01:10 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I refuse to get it because it neither contributes nor enhances the gameplay in any way.
Whereas the ''hard'' medals in Portal Defenders were actually quite enjoyable to get, namely beating with all characters I really enjoyed.

true... i just see it as a challange thats all... athough... the illiterate medals are anyoing because its not challanging but you cant get them after your first play... >:(

i enjoy most games... i normaly spend more time playing ones without medals :P... i think i should get back to playing sonny2..

as for the system been down... i feel sorry for everyone playing EFB... i know how you feel :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 14:02:41

At 6/2/09 12:59 PM, AmanPyroman wrote: Does anyone know if the medal system is down right now, cause I just earned the Shift Medals and I didn't receive any. I checked my connection and it was fully intact, and I redid the medals and I didn't get it. So what is going on?

Shift 4 medals are currently broken I believe. Its the last set of medals I need too. =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 14:38:11

At 6/2/09 06:24 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
i think it should be left to the maker of the game to choose what medals to have...

Why of course, l was jut saying...

the rooms i hated was...
trampoline room... farting on chainsawing guys without dying is hard...

And frustrating

smoke room normly killed me once...
the cookies rolling down normaly killed me once if i was unlucky... its very hard to judge the distance...

The cookies ALWAYS kill me once but them l have no problem...

also i found out in the rock off with slash... if you press your arrow keys when he is ment to be doing his bit... you still get points :3

Even easier: keep the left arrow key pressed during the whole match....you'll win it every time...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 14:44:43

At 6/2/09 02:02 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 6/2/09 12:59 PM, AmanPyroman wrote: Does anyone know if the medal system is down right now, cause I just earned the Shift Medals and I didn't receive any. I checked my connection and it was fully intact, and I redid the medals and I didn't get it. So what is going on?
Shift 4 medals are currently broken I believe. Its the last set of medals I need too. =(

Thanks, glad to have you back :)

I was worried I would have to delete the cookies on my computer and start it again, But i'll wait until further notice.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 21:30:22

At 6/2/09 01:10 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: as for the system been down... i feel sorry for everyone playing EFB... i know how you feel :3

I just beat Epic Battle Fantasy and the medals worked fine for me.

One thing I did notice is that medals DO NOT WORK if you have the "Do NOT automatically play content" box checked on your Flash Portal Preferences. I couldn't get medals when I had that on, but when I unchecked that box the medals worked just fine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 21:47:10

At 6/2/09 09:30 PM, Duffle wrote: One thing I did notice is that medals DO NOT WORK if you have the "Do NOT automatically play content" box checked on your Flash Portal Preferences.

Odd, I've had that enabled ever since the option presented itself and I've gotten medals for everything I've played thus far.
Once you play the flash, it's allowed to connect. Makes no sense why that option would permanently disable communications between the two.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 22:15:48

At 6/2/09 12:59 PM, lauf wrote: I hope NG Rumble will get medals, the game is perfect for it!

God, i'm so pissed off right now. I just finished EBF on hard mode and it said i got the medal, but now it won't show up on my profile. That's about 1,5 hour wasted on nothing.

That's kind of what I did. I was on epic, right before the Goku fight, in great shape.

And BAM my firefox decides to crash.

As far as NG Rumble medals, that sounds like a great idea!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 22:20:14

Need....new....medal game......I'm sick of Sonny 2 for the time being.....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 22:49:51

At 6/2/09 09:47 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 6/2/09 09:30 PM, Duffle wrote: One thing I did notice is that medals DO NOT WORK if you have the "Do NOT automatically play content" box checked on your Flash Portal Preferences.
Odd, I've had that enabled ever since the option presented itself and I've gotten medals for everything I've played thus far.
Once you play the flash, it's allowed to connect. Makes no sense why that option would permanently disable communications between the two.

Come to think of it, my specific incident of medals not working was on Sonny 2. I unlocked the first medal but it didn't register on my account. It had that "not logged in" box on the menu screen, and when I unchecked the "auto-play off" box, it was gone. I've just kept auto-play on because everything's been working fine with it.

It was probably more Sonny 2 being buggy than it was the system, and even if it was a problem in the system, it's probably been fixed by now. Disregard what I said.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 23:13:32

NG Rumble needs to get medals very soon. I have migrated over to Kongregate to try to satisfy my achievement whoring needs. Although maybe I should concentrate more on getting achievements on my Xbox.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 00:09:11

I've beaten Seed of Destruction twice on hard mode, is there something I am doing wrong that it won't give me the medal. I even tried going straight to lvl 5 Three times, that didn't work either...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 02:33:02

At 6/3/09 12:09 AM, AmanPyroman wrote: I've beaten Seed of Destruction twice on hard mode, is there something I am doing wrong that it won't give me the medal. I even tried going straight to lvl 5 Three times, that didn't work either...

Make sure that at the start of every level the difficulty is on hard. I found that the difficulty likes to change on its own.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 04:00:05

phew good thing that i got em before they broked

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 08:28:59

At 6/2/09 09:30 PM, Duffle wrote:
One thing I did notice is that medals DO NOT WORK if you have the "Do NOT automatically play content" box checked on your Flash Portal Preferences. I couldn't get medals when I had that on, but when I unchecked that box the medals worked just fine.

Are you sure?I didn't touch my options in the Flash Portal Preferences but l got You Must Be Cheating...bah.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 10:33:15

Heh...today l got the Half Case medal for AK2..yeah, l know, l fail....l always lose when l arrive at level 6 (l think)...where l have to jump on a moving platform, get the key, fall down and then jump down to get to the door...
Yeah, l lost all my lives because l fell on the spikes every time l tried to fall on the moving platform..
In other news, l tried getting Aborted but l still can't get it, and frankly, it is just a matter of self-esteem because the mere 25 points this medal gives you aren't enough to motivate me...
And l also tried getting Red Moon Deity, but l died in a very stupid way (as usual)..l fell down while trying to jump on a higher platform....and that's why l hate these "don't die" medals.
I get anxious when l play and l do stupid stuff that l normally wouldn't do...and, of course, l got it all right on my second try but then it was too late.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 13:24:04

ok... iv been playing sonny 2 for a while now... and im on the bit where there is two Council people.. i know what to do and its going to take along time...

anway... the thing that really pisses me off is... there is no pause button... i have things to see to but when im held up in a god dam long fight and have to go to the loo, or let people in the front door... go get a drink or something... i CANT pause... how retared is that.... /rant

ok... im still wondering if anyone else has that spermy pancake medal?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 13:38:44

At 6/3/09 01:24 PM, LegolaSS wrote: anway... the thing that really pisses me off is... there is no pause button... i have things to see to but when im held up in a god dam long fight and have to go to the loo, or let people in the front door... go get a drink or something... i CANT pause... how retared is that.... /rant

But why would you wanna pause? The game is turn based, so it won´t do anything before you decide your next move. Therefore there is no need for a pause button.

Nope, haven´t tried for a long time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 13:54:31

At 6/3/09 01:24 PM, LegolaSS wrote: ok... iv been playing sonny 2 for a while now... and im on the bit where there is two Council people.. i know what to do and its going to take along time...

Yea I pretty much spent about 14 hours yesterday getting all those damn medals....

anway... the thing that really pisses me off is... there is no pause button... i have things to see to but when im held up in a god dam long fight and have to go to the loo, or let people in the front door... go get a drink or something... i CANT pause... how retared is that.... /rant

Even alkie has a pause screen, i'll admit that sonny 2 really needed one, especially for hard mode.

I tried yesterday, still not better than an 83. I even had another game up, so that it would lag and help me out (cause when it goes slower its easier to control) and nothing helped.

I'm starting to think after life said to just keep trying that maybe after you've tried a hundred times it gives it to you rofl. But I really don't want to try a hundred times.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 13:56:29

At 6/3/09 01:38 PM, Auz wrote: But why would you wanna pause? The game is turn based, so it won´t do anything before you decide your next move. Therefore there is no need for a pause button.

On Heroic difficulty, it keeps going.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 14:03:29

At 6/3/09 01:24 PM, LegolaSS wrote: ok... iv been playing sonny 2 for a while now... and im on the bit where there is two Council people.. i know what to do and its going to take along time...

Yeah, it takes forever..

It's very retarded, and what makes it even more retarded is that you have a friggin timer (on heroic) so you cannot take a break even if it is a 30-minute fight...

As far as l know no, but l got Aborted!
After a lot of tries l found a better tactic than that on the video and l finally beat that asshole without dying.
After that my heart and stomach weren't feeling very well, but hey, you can't get a long-awaited medal and feel good (physically) at the same time, can you?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 14:14:16

At 6/3/09 02:03 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
As far as l know no, but l got Aborted!
After a lot of tries l found a better tactic than that on the video and l finally beat that asshole without dying.
After that my heart and stomach weren't feeling very well, but hey, you can't get a long-awaited medal and feel good (physically) at the same time, can you?

Speaking of medals that came out a long time ago, I finally realized I was missing one mischievous medal from NG Pass 3 last night and went and got it. 25 easy points that I hadn't noticed!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 15:45:38

Har har! After my debacle yesterday with EFB i got back to it and got the knight medal today, so i guess that the medal problems for that game are over.

I figured the game out, it's quite easy actually when you know what to do and how to play most safe. Going for epic tomorrow.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 16:03:17

At 6/3/09 03:49 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Heh, I would never thought I would get this much points. But the lack of new medal games lately gave me the time to catch up on old medals.

Just finished getting all the medals in Doom triple pack... another game that I am glad to say that I'd never need to touch again.

Yeah, i got those too recently. I like Doom and Heretic, Hexen is not that interesting. But whenever i played any of those games, they made me sick. I've hear a few people about it. Whenever i play those games for 5 minutes or so, i'm starting too feel sick is my stomach and after that i get a massive headache.

Those few point weren't really worth the two days i spent on it, feeling sick. I guess it has something to do with the pixels..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 17:11:34

Is there any easy way to beat hexen with the fighter or the cleric?

Having to punch people in a doom-like game is so boring...

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 17:14:10

At 6/3/09 05:11 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Is there any easy way to beat hexen with the fighter or the cleric?

Having to punch people in a doom-like game is so boring...

Not really, just gotta stick it out. Hexen isn't that long though. It's basically two levels that you have to do.

Heretic is much harder and tedious.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 17:38:11

Yawn, need some new games.
I really don't want to play the one's I havn't done yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 17:40:42

At 6/3/09 05:38 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Yawn, need some new games.
I really don't want to play the one's I havn't done yet.

Make one yourself.

Oh wait you already are.

Keep working on EFB 2 then hahaha.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 18:27:19

Make one yourself.

Oh wait you already are.

Keep working on EFB 2 then hahaha.

But I've already done all the easy parts :(
Not lookin forward to the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 21:36:28

The author made it so you could only get one of the two medals (I am Literate and I am Illiterate), unless you open two windows of the game and get them both at the same time. But if you got one of them already, then you can't go back and get the other one.

It won't let me get either of them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-03 21:42:34

At 6/3/09 09:36 PM, IamWeird33 wrote: It won't let me get either of them.

Have you played the game before completely skipping that part?
Once you've played it, there's no other chance to achieve one or both of them.