00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zackstack96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,559 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 09:06:07

Lol, aren't you supposed to know the best way to kill the bosses?
Anyway, when will EBF2 come out?
And that sand worm you made looks cool...same goes for the new mecha...

Lol nah, turns out some of the strategies I found on here were a lot better than mine.
Epic2 will prolly be done in about 2 months.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 09:09:30

At 6/1/09 08:36 AM, HeavyTank wrote: By the way, don't you think that http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7779 should have medals?

I agree

Jan Cajthaml

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 10:24:28

At 6/1/09 08:32 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Also I now have the Knight medal on EBF thanks to LegolaSS, how hard is epic anyway? Would it be much harder for me when I've beaten it on hard?

No problem... how hard is epic?... its *easy*... if you have already done it on hard.... the HARD part is been lucky... goku can spam spirt bomb.. and no matter how many things you have.... your screwed...

i just got all 100 achivements on medival slaughter (you know what i mean) and didnt get a medal... i know a few users are having the same problems... anyone found a way to get it unlocked?... thanks in advance... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 10:29:55

At 6/1/09 10:24 AM, LegolaSS wrote: anyone found a way to get it unlocked?... thanks in advance... :3

sorry about this... but i started to play it again after reading that you might not get it if you havent got all the bows *brough them all*... so i though il try that... shot about 5 people and unlocked the 100 medal... :3

PS sorry for double post

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 11:13:04

At 6/1/09 09:06 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
Lol nah, turns out some of the strategies I found on here were a lot better than mine.

:D

Epic2 will prolly be done in about 2 months.

Awesome, l will have plenty of free time to play then!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 11:37:24

At 6/1/09 09:06 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Epic2 will prolly be done in about 2 months.

NOOOOOooooo........... when will this torment end!?...

*ahem*... i sure hope it has save points and isnt as random and down to luck with a plot?...

please not make me sit down for another 12 hours... i want to have a life :P

anway... do what ever the hell you want, what am i to judge :x

now... anyone know how to get pancakes?... or is it still one of them medals which no one knows how to get... not even the people who have them?... and also... a way around the 1 medal for illiterate?

untill then... farewell... *poof*

... i need a less generic way of exiting... Ciao :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 11:54:26

Dun worry it'll have 2 check points, though I'm not sure whether or not to give ye infinite continues.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 12:16:02

Still one of those mystery medals I'm afraid. As for the literacy medals, no known method works yet, neither deleting cookies nor the save file (so don't bother asking if you don't know how). Someone do me a favour and check if you can get the other medal by playing on another person's computer who has never opened up that game before (but obviously sign in). Just a hunch, probably won't work.

The NG API lets you check what medals the user's account has. So changing computer or deleting temp files won't make a difference, because that data is stored on NG's servers.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 12:24:50

At 6/1/09 11:54 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
Dun worry it'll have 2 check points, though I'm not sure whether or not to give ye infinite continues.

Check points are definitely a great improvement.
Save me massive headaches.
I mean, it just sucks to have to re-do the easy bosses, you know you're going to get through, but it just takes time.

The fact that we had better strategies than him kind of shows that maybe authors do need to be able tog et their own medals before posting them to their game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:05:02

Is there any good ways to get that pedestrian medal without cheating?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:09:05

What determines score in Bunny Invasion? How can I get more points? Can I use a completed game, or is it best with a new game?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:15:16

At 6/1/09 01:05 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: Is there any good ways to get that pedestrian medal without cheating?

there's a few people who have that medal, but they haven't given any hints on how it's possible. Certainly seems like you have to manipulate the way that you play the game in order to get the medal.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:17:13

At 6/1/09 01:09 PM, Kwing wrote: What determines score in Bunny Invasion? How can I get more points? Can I use a completed game, or is it best with a new game?

A new game, but with all weapons and all upgrades. Or atleast a few weapons fully upgraded, and all upgrades. Start over on the game you already completed, you'll still have all the stuff. Do not let any bunnies hit the motel!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:23:21

I can finally obtain medals. Looks like it was indeed my university's network that was originally blocking them from registering to my profile. Now that I'm back at home for the summer, it's working :)

It should work when I move into my own place in July, too. Huzz!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 13:34:08

At 6/1/09 01:15 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
At 6/1/09 01:05 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: Is there any good ways to get that pedestrian medal without cheating?
there's a few people who have that medal, but they haven't given any hints on how it's possible. Certainly seems like you have to manipulate the way that you play the game in order to get the medal.

Well, that's suck, my best score so far in pancake is only 68, and cheating is against my rules

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 14:24:57

At 6/1/09 01:17 PM, dx5231 wrote:
At 6/1/09 01:09 PM, Kwing wrote: What determines score in Bunny Invasion? How can I get more points? Can I use a completed game, or is it best with a new game?
A new game, but with all weapons and all upgrades. Or atleast a few weapons fully upgraded, and all upgrades. Start over on the game you already completed, you'll still have all the stuff. Do not let any bunnies hit the motel!

Just to add on to dx's explanation here, which is good. If you let the bunnies hit your motel you lose your multiplier. If you look in the upper right corner there is a 1x 2x 3x 4x etc. As long as you keep killing bunnies and your motel doesn't get hit, the multiplier for the score goes up to 4x. This is why it is easier to have a higher score with all weapons upgraded, because you demolish the bunnies easier and they don't come close to hitting your building. thus keeping the 4x multiplier for score as long as possible.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 16:07:07

At 6/1/09 02:42 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: At long last I've finally got 'You must be cheating'.

Now I can at finally never play that stupid game ever again.

I swear I've heard that from at least three other people...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-01 17:49:24

At 6/1/09 04:07 PM, ThePathFinder wrote:
At 6/1/09 02:42 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: At long last I've finally got 'You must be cheating'.

It's such a terrible game haha Just beating it for the first time was enough to make me never play it again. At least with other difficult medals, the games are actually fun. Like that pedestrian medal. Even though it is frustrating, it's still a good game. I've played through Alkie Kong at least 500 times and still find it fun haha. Finally got the survivalist medal on it haha

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 01:29:37

At 6/1/09 05:49 PM, denverbroncos59 wrote:

I want that medal too, but l usually get stuck in a level (and the funny thing is that that level is usually different on each playthrough..well, the level beofre the boss is exruciating...)

I've played through Alkie Kong at least 500 times and still find it fun haha. Finally got the survivalist medal on it haha

Ah, l wish l could actually finish that damn game..PG's guide doesen't help me at all...l miss at least 250 medal points from that game (not inculding Drunken Deity, of course).
Well, l guess l should train a lot, but thta game sucks so much l just can't...

Also, WOOOO EBF2 will have checkpoints :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 04:50:03

just to let you know... when i found out about the sperm rider illiterate and literate medals... i tried my work computer... but nope... i didnt get it... i made sure i did it under 5 seconds for the first time...

that theary doesnt work in pratice to my knowledge... the only way to get both is to do it first time or cheat somehow... and untill they either redo the medals so you can get both... (seen as people have both) or just remove the two medals... this is going to be an on going thorn in the backside of the medal beta... along with the seemingly impossible pancake challange which nearly all the users here cant get much over 80... untill i see a video of someone doing it... i cant see how it can be done... i spent a long time trying different things and alsorts...

apart from that i think every other medal game is fine :3... some more of a struggle then others but still.. only 2 other 100 point medals to get... *darn you drunken deity!*

Lol

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 05:08:10

At 6/2/09 04:50 AM, LegolaSS wrote: apart from that i think every other medal game is fine :3... some more of a struggle then others but still.. only 2 other 100 point medals to get... *darn you drunken deity!*

Lol

Well, from the looks of things l won't be able to get You Must Be Cheating (l lost only 15 lives when l arrived at the final boss, and usually l can kill him withou losing more than 2 lives, but that time he fucking owned me for some reason..).
And l tried AK2 again, and this time with a YouTube video guide, but l really can't pull it off.
The problem with me and games that have levels like Red Moon, Stickya Adventurya and Alkie Kong 2 is that in theory l've beaten all the levels easily, but in separate playthroughs!
Maybe in one l'll do great in Lv10 but l'll suck in LV16, and when l try again it will be the opposite...it's so frustrating when you lose to a level that you beat easily last time you played...
I really don't know which game to play now...l cannot even get that 100 achievement medal in Medieval Rampage because l can't get a score of 5000 in survival...and Sonny 2 is just getting more tiring every time l lose from these assholes..
Sigh.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 05:14:22

At 6/2/09 05:08 AM, HeavyTank wrote: l've beaten all the levels easily, but in separate playthroughs!

know how you feel :3

l can't get a score of 5000 in survival...

use the blue armor just to give you more damage... run around and shoot... try to avoid them instead of rushing in for the arrows and bows... life is more important then a few extra arrows!...

Simples :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 05:45:27

At 6/2/09 05:14 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 6/2/09 05:08 AM, HeavyTank wrote: l've beaten all the levels easily, but in separate playthroughs!
know how you feel :3

Well...l just did it, (you must be cheating) but boy, l was about to vomit when l finished....it was so close!
And the worst thing is that now my friends will ask me to do it for them :(

l can't get a score of 5000 in survival...
use the blue armor just to give you more damage... run around and shoot... try to avoid them instead of rushing in for the arrows and bows... life is more important then a few extra arrows!...

Simples :P

:D

By the way, a friend of mine said that NegativeONE told him that NG Rumble is going to have medals!
That's awesome news because l played that game for a long time...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 06:07:08

At 6/2/09 05:53 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: This. This is the news I've been waiting for. Great game.

Indeed.. l just hope that there will be no medals like -beat the game on impossible mode with all characters without getting hit or using special attacks inless than a minute on your first try- or something..

My medal suggestions:

"Credits guy" 5 points-click the "credits" button.
"Rumble Maniac" 100 points.Beat the game with all the characters
"Pikonjo" 25 points.Unlock Pikonjo (doh!)
"Convict" 25 points.Unlock Convict
"Unlock maniac" 50 points "unlock everything that can be unlocked.
"Team Player" 10 points.Play in a game with a friend.
"Best Playa Evah" 50 points.Beat the game on OMFG mode with any character.
"Good Playa" 25 points.Beat the game on Normal mode with any character.
"Sissy" 5 points.Beat the game on Sissy mode with any character.
"Perv" (hidden medal). 25 points.Click Nene's boobs.
"Golden Player" 50 points.Get 1000 Grounds Gold points.

What do you think?

Personally the YouMustBeCheating medal seemed impossible the first time I played that game, but I got it on my fourth run. Read the walkthrough, watch the video, read the comments. In my opinion Alkie Kong 2 requires far more practise to perfect. On my third run I actually did the bouncing balls room without dying once (not the fourth time though unfortunately) and I only lost about 6 lives in the room with smoke. My technique is to hold the jump button and whenever you touch the ground you jump really high and fall down to the ground again. It makes navigating the balls sooo much easier.

Well, l lost only 2 lives in the smoke room and 1 life while fighting the final boss....and yeah, jumping makes it SO much easier.
The levels where there are a lot of nijas are usually the hardest ones..
Hm, now that l have this medal

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 06:24:22

At 6/2/09 06:07 AM, HeavyTank wrote: What do you think?

i think it should be left to the maker of the game to choose what medals to have... most likely a few of them will be put onto it... like unlocking people and rooms... love that game... completed it twice... but not for a while :3

Well, l lost only 2 lives in the smoke room and 1 life while fighting the final boss....and yeah, jumping makes it SO much easier.

the rooms i hated was...
trampoline room... farting on chainsawing guys without dying is hard...
smoke room normly killed me once...
the cookies rolling down normaly killed me once if i was unlucky... its very hard to judge the distance...

also i found out in the rock off with slash... if you press your arrow keys when he is ment to be doing his bit... you still get points :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 10:33:16

Make it four, i also said that when i got that medal

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 10:43:15

At 6/2/09 10:33 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: Make it four, i also said that when i got that medal

im sure alot of people said that once they got it... i was just lucky enough to get it on the second or third try :3.. *i think i may have restared once or twice*... but now dont you feel happy you achived something that most other users wont even bother getting?... i thought so :)... welcome to the wonderfull world of *teh harder medals!*

honestly... you thought they were all easy? >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 12:59:02

Does anyone know if the medal system is down right now, cause I just earned the Shift Medals and I didn't receive any. I checked my connection and it was fully intact, and I redid the medals and I didn't get it. So what is going on?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 12:59:08

I hope NG Rumble will get medals, the game is perfect for it!

God, i'm so pissed off right now. I just finished EBF on hard mode and it said i got the medal, but now it won't show up on my profile. That's about 1,5 hour wasted on nothing.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-02 13:10:21

At 6/2/09 10:43 AM, LegolaSS wrote: *teh harder medals!*

I refuse to get it because it neither contributes nor enhances the gameplay in any way.
Whereas the ''hard'' medals in Portal Defenders were actually quite enjoyable to get, namely beating with all characters I really enjoyed.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."