00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Facebook Users Club

60,777 Views | 485 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-27 00:10:38

Oh Facebook, you're so vain...

Facebook Users Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-27 03:35:32

the point of facebook is to talk with people?

thats what cellphones are for

and why would you posts pics of yourself on the web

and facebook doesn't give you internet survival instants so your a easy troll target

one more thing was it really necessary for you guys to make the government make a anti cyber bullying state law cause you couldn't handle some troll?

btw mods I wasn't flaming anyone I was just stating some facts so don't ban me please

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-27 09:17:01

tsu, Facebook is really more than just for talking to people if you look at the big picture. I'll use my account as an example on this.

Facebook allows me to stay connected with several music artists I like, either through having them as personal friends or having their page 'liked', it can keep you up to date with local events or even events happening across the world if you have a wide-range of friends from all over, another example of me being connected with different recording artists from all over the world...

Facebook lets me know about all of the good sales happening at a local shop that is owned by people who I consider friends. It let's me know about all the events they are putting on as well, such as skate jams (the shop literally has a skate park built in it.. I don't skate though), rap battles, artist meet and greets, etc.

Sure, chatting with people is a big part of what Facebook is, but if you look at the bigger picture there's a lot more to it than that, and I only threw a few examples at you of what else there is to it, and how it CAN benefit people beyond just chatting with friends. And remember that people have friends in different places of the world, that means it will cost them long distance charges to phone them, and sometimes text message them depending on what plan they have on their contract.

Just think about it before you start going off.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-27 18:51:32

At 12/27/11 09:17 AM, Luke wrote: Just think about it before you start going off.

I still think facebook is retarded

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-27 19:43:50

At 12/27/11 06:51 PM, tsukikomi wrote: I still think facebook is retarded

Then don't join up. I used to be completely against Facebook and made a point of not getting an account but then I realised that it's a free way to message your mates. Now I only really use Facebook because I have an app for it on my phone. Inboxing is better then text message I find if you have a friend with a smart phone......but anyway.

Simply don't join up!

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2011-12-28 22:25:54

New profile sucks. I don't like the banner, nor the "Timeline"...

Getting used to it though

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-01-15 14:23:46

I think this page should be brought back. Dyin' to make some new griends around here.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-01-17 21:42:44

At 1/15/13 02:23 PM, Wegra wrote: I think this page should be brought back. Dyin' to make some new griends around here.

I think I've looked back here three or four times since the last set of posts, I'm surprised it isn't more active but I guess with the Facebook page most people would just post there. On another note though Mike I thought you were friends with every Newgrounds user that also has a Facebook account, it was just a fact that I persumed to be true.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-01-22 17:22:00

At 1/17/13 09:42 PM, Decky wrote:
At 1/15/13 02:23 PM, Wegra wrote: I think this page should be brought back. Dyin' to make some new griends around here.
I think I've looked back here three or four times since the last set of posts, I'm surprised it isn't more active but I guess with the Facebook page most people would just post there. On another note though Mike I thought you were friends with every Newgrounds user that also has a Facebook account, it was just a fact that I persumed to be true.

Hehehe well I did do a lot of tracking down ;)

Gotta say though it feels nice to have more Newgrounds friends it feels like an actual family

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-01-25 15:50:49

We could post some pics you find in Facebook to, you know, make this group more active...

Meanwhile... which games you play most?
I just play poker Zinga or Buble Safari (fucking monkey I hate you)

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-01-30 11:51:34

Yeah, this seems like an interesting club. I'd like to be in it. Although be warned I'm not that active of a user. But I do stop by NG every once in a while (like every week). Yes, I do have a Facebook. Look up Kyle Charlington DuBois. The reason why I like and appreciate Facebook is because you can add and reach people that you wouldn't be able to on the internet. With out Facebook most of my relationships wouldn't have been maintained well and lots of the friends I have now wouldn't even be friends. Why I started facebook? I created a Facebook account upon request from several of my real life friends asking me too. At first I wasn't really interested in it. But I found time to create one anyways. Facebook was pretty boring at first. It started to get more interesting and fun with all the features included in it. Everyday or so when I'm bored I go on my Facebook to see what's up. Very nice website in my opinion. So if you'd like me to be included in your group just send me a PM. If not that's understandable. Again I don't really log in to NG that much. But when I do I'll be happy to stop by and chat if you'd like. Peace.

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2013-02-02 18:13:14

Joining!!!!!

█   ██  ███ ███ █ █ █

█   █▄█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█ ▀

███ █▄█   █   █   █ █

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-10-11 04:25:04

Right here, Geoff Galt.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-10-11 05:19:44

At 10/11/14 04:25 AM, Phobotech wrote: Right here, Geoff Galt.

i'm that sexy beast who just sent you a friend request.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-10-12 20:44:02 (edited 2014-10-12 20:44:15)

I have facebook, although I prefer not to show my profile, I will say what I think about it. It is a really fun, easy social network.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-10-12 22:58:00

Facebook friends are better than real friends.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-10 15:53:31

Old people on facebook is funny.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-10 21:53:49

Facebook is being overrun with parents and grandparents.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-11 14:17:18

At 12/10/14 09:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Facebook is being overrun with parents and grandparents.

That isn't anything new.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-11 17:47:50

At 12/11/14 02:42 PM, Gooch wrote: I have an abnormal amount of friends that have a lot of drama going on. It almost makes me want to cook up some popcorn, kick back, and watch it all happen.

Isn't that what Facebook is about? Sometimes reading an argument in real time between some girl you went to high school with but bearly remember and her neanderthalic boyfriend is just the pick up I need.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-11 17:52:25

Facebook is a great way to be passive. Just sit back and watch the time pass.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-17 18:03:43

I spend most of my time on Facebook blocking pages so I won't see any videos that my Facebook friends share.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-17 19:34:31

At 12/17/14 06:03 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: I spend most of my time on Facebook blocking pages so I won't see any videos that my Facebook friends share.

You don't watch to see any of those videos?

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-18 06:10:45

At 12/17/14 07:34 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/17/14 06:03 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: I spend most of my time on Facebook blocking pages so I won't see any videos that my Facebook friends share.

Huh?

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-21 18:42:09

At 12/18/14 06:10 AM, Zerodecoole wrote:
Huh?

I have to admit, to me that also seems odd. The funny videos that a few of the like pages find and my friends share are some of the best things that turn up on my timeline. It's safe to say that I have a similar sense of humour to the people I associate with so I'll also share in the laugh.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-21 19:09:41

At 12/21/14 06:42 PM, Decky wrote:
At 12/18/14 06:10 AM, Zerodecoole wrote:
Huh?
I have to admit, to me that also seems odd. The funny videos that a few of the like pages find and my friends share are some of the best things that turn up on my timeline. It's safe to say that I have a similar sense of humour to the people I associate with so I'll also share in the laugh.

I know, it's not the content that's the problem, I just don't like it when a page takes a video from YouTube and reuploads it just to get likes.
When I watch a video it has to be on YouTube and by the original creator so I know that I supported the creator.

No idea why, it must be some kind of OCD or something like that.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2014-12-22 18:15:12

At 12/21/14 07:09 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: No idea why, it must be some kind of OCD or something like that.

Now it is starting to make sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2015-02-16 19:38:13

Those assholes at Facebook wont let me use my Wegra name on there so now I'm locked out of my account. Fuck this site sometimes I swear to god

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2015-02-18 06:40:37

At 2/16/15 07:38 PM, Wegra wrote: Those assholes at Facebook wont let me use my Wegra name on there so now I'm locked out of my account. Fuck this site sometimes I swear to god

You've still got at least one more account.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2015-07-24 18:11:34

Facebook sure is a thing some people use.

Personally I dont trust it, but my some of my peers say its good marketing and I should be there.

I dont really know anybody though.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature