New Topic Respond to this Topic
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 24th, 2010 @ 03:14 AM Reply

At 1/24/10 01:15 AM, puddinN64 wrote: So, has Facebook officially killed Myspace?

I think so. I left MS because no one was ever online. Or it was rare and no new photos were being uploaded. Facebook is much better. I realize now. There's no pressure for a well designed custom profile and it's straight forward. Although I dislike the fact that adding strangers is discouraged. Even though it's a "social networking" site.

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 24th, 2010 @ 06:58 AM Reply

I'll accept anyone.

Tehee.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 24th, 2010 @ 09:22 AM Reply

At 1/24/10 01:15 AM, puddinN64 wrote: So, has Facebook officially killed Myspace?

I know that many people still use it, but I have actually gone through and deleted my myspace. I think that myspace is more for children as their the only people that I really know of that use it over facebook now.

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 31st, 2010 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 1/24/10 09:22 AM, Fro wrote: I know that many people still use it, but I have actually gone through and deleted my myspace. I think that myspace is more for children as their the only people that I really know of that use it over facebook now.

Awesome. I deleted my MySpace account awhile ago.

I just went through this whole thread, adding NG users and sending them messages stating my NG name. Talk about a long haul, but in the end, more cooler friends xD

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 31st, 2010 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Why does the number of facebook friends change constantly? It goes down then I go back on later and it has gone back up by 2 or 3.

I just thought people deleted me but then I got friends back? :o

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 31st, 2010 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 1/31/10 10:31 AM, UnknownFear wrote: I just went through this whole thread, adding NG users and sending them messages

You didn't add me? I see how it is.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Jan. 31st, 2010 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 1/31/10 12:55 PM, PabMo wrote: You didn't add me? I see how it is.

Oh hold on. I've seen the request now. Turns out I had a few.

Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Fecebook can be a problem sometimes.

The other day I had a problem because I post something on my friend's wall. It was a joke between her and me. I mean, something like "you are single, so do I ;)", knowing that she has this new boyfriend...

Later, her boyfriend read this, and he got mad at me. Now he kinda hate me or something. Stupid, stupid people...

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:23 PM Reply

I haven't got the new facebook yet :(

NoviSad
NoviSad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 2/8/10 12:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I haven't got the new facebook yet :(

Honestly, the new Facebook isn't really any improvement over the old one. It's just the same but with a few things moved over to other locations where they don't fit very well carried out in abundance. I'm sure they just did it to keep their CSS writers and web designers busy.

By the way, I'm at MwMikeKeating, if anyone want to add me.

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 2/8/10 12:31 PM, NoviSad wrote: By the way, I'm at MwMikeKeating, if anyone want to add me.

Sorry, posted under my B/Ping alt. This is me, as you can see from the profile name.

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM Reply

So I've recently gotten hooked on Bite Me, FarmVille, PetVille and My City Life and I must say, I've actually become addicted to this useless, fun games. Anyone else addicted to any games on Facebook?

Also, not Facebook-related, but I've also been playing Gaia.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 09:26 AM Reply

It would seem so, the vast mojority of my friends' account are inactive.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 2/8/10 08:40 PM, UnknownFear wrote: So I've recently gotten hooked on Bite Me, FarmVille, PetVille and My City Life and I must say, I've actually become addicted to this useless, fun games. Anyone else addicted to any games on Facebook?

I'm not, and I get pretty pissed off at them if anything. I get at least six or seven requests to join FarmVille every day, and about thirty things on friends' walls. I must admit, I really had a good laugh when I was first asked to 'Fertilize' my friend's 'Farm'. I'm guessing there's a lot more innuendo stuffed into those games.

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 03:30 PM, mwmike wrote: I'm not, and I get pretty pissed off at them if anything. I get at least six or seven requests to join FarmVille every day, and about thirty things on friends' walls. I must admit, I really had a good laugh when I was first asked to 'Fertilize' my friend's 'Farm'. I'm guessing there's a lot more innuendo stuffed into those games.

lol, awesome. I added you :3

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 05:42 PM Reply

The new facebook looks horrid, I wish I had the old one again.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 05:42 PM, Obvious-M wrote: The new facebook looks horrid, I wish I had the old one again.

You'll get used to it after a while......then they'll change it up again. Then repeat process, bitch about it, learn new fb, freak out when you log on one day to find it changed, bitch about it, etc...

Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 06:47 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 2/9/10 05:42 PM, Obvious-M wrote: The new facebook looks horrid, I wish I had the old one again.
You'll get used to it after a while......then they'll change it up again. Then repeat process, bitch about it, learn new fb, freak out when you log on one day to find it changed, bitch about it, etc...

Until you die.
It sucks anyway. I mean, they don't give you the chance to get used to one update, when there is another one coming

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 03:30 PM, mwmike wrote: I'm not, and I get pretty pissed off at them if anything. I get at least six or seven requests to join FarmVille every day, and about thirty things on friends' walls.

You do realise you can hide farmville from invites + your feed, right?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 9th, 2010 @ 09:55 PM Reply

You know what I hate about Facebook?

When you leave one comment on something and then suddenly the comments on that thing turn into like a massive group chat and you look into your mailbox and suddenly you have 40 emails telling you about how someone commented after you.

That shit is awful.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 11th, 2010 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 06:47 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

Heh, this is like the 4th revision to Facebook that I've seen. Every time people complain about it an make groups like "Bring the old facebook back!", but then they get used to it eventually. I don't really see the point of this change though, since it improves nothing really.

But I'll get used to it.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 11th, 2010 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 2/9/10 07:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You do realise you can hide farmville from invites + your feed, right?

I've hidden the invites for it, although often it's pretty lulzy to see it in your feed, despite the fact that it, very often, pisses me right off.

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 12th, 2010 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 2/11/10 02:26 PM, milinko959 wrote: But I'll get used to it.

Yeah, just like the new Newgrounds layout.... but that was excitement for us.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 12th, 2010 @ 10:15 PM Reply

At 2/12/10 01:05 PM, Seamonky wrote:

Haha, the new Newgrounds layout at least was useful and had new contend :<

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 13th, 2010 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 2/12/10 10:15 PM, milinko959 wrote:

And they also sorta told you that it was coming...

Sig by FB - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 13th, 2010 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 2/13/10 02:49 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 2/12/10 10:15 PM, milinko959 wrote:
And they also sorta told you that it was coming...

Yeah, it was useful and I liked everything but I guess the leaks made it feel not as enjoyable. NG still comes out with new content, which is incredible in my opinion. So much more to do. As for Facebook, it's only for friends... :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 14th, 2010 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 2/13/10 02:31 PM, Seamonky wrote:
Yeah, it was useful and I liked everything but I guess the leaks made it feel not as enjoyable. NG still comes out with new content, which is incredible in my opinion. So much more to do. As for Facebook, it's only for friends... :/

I'm still waiting for the Facebook-Newgrounds Merger. Or at least the ability to tell one site what you're doing on the other.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 14th, 2010 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 2/14/10 04:32 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I'm still waiting for the Facebook-Newgrounds Merger. Or at least the ability to tell one site what you're doing on the other.

Have NG stats show up in your friends' newsfeeds? Heh, that would be cool I guess. Even though none of my friends care about NG.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 14th, 2010 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 2/14/10 01:11 PM, milinko959 wrote:
At 2/14/10 04:32 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I'm still waiting for the Facebook-Newgrounds Merger. Or at least the ability to tell one site what you're doing on the other.
Have NG stats show up in your friends' newsfeeds? Heh, that would be cool I guess. Even though none of my friends care about NG.

Well, I mean it would have to use some discretion on what it posted. I wouldn't want my profile on Facebook to be bogged down with movies I've reviewed or Favorited. Maybe we could just get a "Share this with Facebook" for everything on here.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Facebook Users Club Feb. 14th, 2010 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 2/14/10 01:59 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Well, I mean it would have to use some discretion on what it posted. I wouldn't want my profile on Facebook to be bogged down with movies I've reviewed or Favorited. Maybe we could just get a "Share this with Facebook" for everything on here.

Ahh...That would be pretty cool if it were implemented. That's been implemented with Youtube and it comes in handy sometimes.

The new layout seems to be going over better than previous updates. I haven't seen any groups made petitioning the new layout. So kudos to Facebook on that.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

BBS Signature