00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MaceArcadia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge

12,753 Views | 230 Replies

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-25 22:56:02

Mr. Cowmeat PM'd me and asked to pass along this message:

You all failed. There isn't a breakdown in this competition that I haven't heard before. Stop sucking, you fucking noobs.

No, that wasn't the message.

Seriously, this is his message:

"sry i havnt finished judging the competition. some stuff came up and i was out of town for 3 days cuz my grandfather is about to die. i will make a final decision by thursday."

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 03:54:57

Cool, thanks for the heads up. And sorry about the grandfather :l

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 08:34:23

At 1/25/09 10:56 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Mr. Cowmeat PM'd me and asked to pass along this message:

You all failed. There isn't a breakdown in this competition that I haven't heard before. Stop sucking, you fucking noobs.

There is a lot of truth in that actually... All modern bands sound the fucking same and have the same freaking breakdowns.... the last 'unique' breakdown i heard was from Slipknot... one of their new songs.
I'm not really a big fan of Slipknot... but that breakdown was pretty cool... :D
wtf am i jabbering about here... must.. drink.... beer....

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 12:06:38

well, i might be a bit late, but even if this is finished allready, I'd still like to give it a shot.

it'll be done in a couple of hours i suppose.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 12:22:24

At 1/26/09 12:06 PM, Project-Aftershock wrote: well, i might be a bit late, but even if this is finished allready, I'd still like to give it a shot.

it'll be done in a couple of hours i suppose.

oops, wrong account. LASHMUSH will be doing a short tune... ;D

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 12:54:59

There are some sweet breakdowns in here....
Maybe we could make a single song out of all of them lol

just noticed one of my songs is frontpage... :D:D:D:D
WOOOOOOOO lol
thanks to whoever put it there!

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 13:20:36

well, heres my breakdown thingie... only about 30 secs but whatever.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 13:27:22

oh, lemme just relabel it...

thar we go...

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 14:42:47

Whoaaa, Lashmush, that was pretty awesome, too bad you didn't submit it earlier! It wasn't really a breakdown on its own IMO, but that one part did sound like a hardcore breakdown, lol! Awesome :D

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 15:55:11

At 1/26/09 02:42 PM, Casualty wrote: Whoaaa, Lashmush, that was pretty awesome, too bad you didn't submit it earlier! It wasn't really a breakdown on its own IMO, but that one part did sound like a hardcore breakdown, lol! Awesome :D

oh well, thumbs up for a Breakdown Challenge 2. ;D

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 16:30:29

Lashmush's doesn't sound like he used a real guitar. I'm guessing it's sampled?

And deathkllr should win this, or I'll eat you >:C
Maverick in close second. lawl

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 18:07:43

At 1/25/09 09:12 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:
I love you man.... but,
When the fuck are you going to announce the fucking winner? Get off your ass bro!!! >:( We all want to know who won. ARRRRRRRRRRRRgh
they must be judging it pretty thoroughly...xD

thoroughly my ass... >:( he has time to post in a different forum about the irregular growth on his nuts, then he should have time to judge this fucking competition :P hahahahahahah

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 18:33:01

"sry i havnt finished judging the competition. some stuff came up and i was out of town for 3 days cuz my grandfather is about to die. i will make a final decision by thursday."

aha... didnt see that

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 18:38:45

At 1/26/09 06:33 PM, BuryYourFace wrote:
aha... didnt see that

Yeah that's a pretty damn good reason. Hope all is well CowMeat.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 19:17:06

At 1/26/09 06:38 PM, Maverick32183 wrote:
aha... didnt see that

if he was really metal he would let his grandapa judge the breakdowns xD
nothing like a big helping of metal for the heart \m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 23:08:52

At 1/26/09 07:17 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:
aha... didnt see that

Truer words have never been spoken.

On a completely different note... Did anyone notice somebody dropped an Atomic Zero bomb on the Metal Portal today? Like everyone's songs were wiped off the front page completely. Usually it shows a discolored link for a song I've listened to and they were all brand new songs. I'm guessing it's those no good emo kids hating on us metal dudes! Bastards!

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 23:16:36

At 1/26/09 11:08 PM, Maverick32183 wrote:
aha... didnt see that

On a completely different note... Did anyone notice somebody dropped an Atomic Zero bomb on the Metal Portal today? Like everyone's songs were wiped off the front page completely. Usually it shows a discolored link for a song I've listened to and they were all brand new songs. I'm guessing it's those no good emo kids hating on us metal dudes! Bastards!

yeah dude, but i still say its between the rap and techno ppl... or just a bunch of christian god loving fucks who believe we are satanic :P or the BLAM crew. I dont know. But in the long run it only gives our songs more power. It gets to a point where their 0's can't hurt our score any more ;) but none the less..... I still hate those motherfuckers.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-26 23:17:12

aha... didnt see that

dude! I knew something was up! I came into the portal and they were all .28's, I was like wtf? I think the techno section was getting scared that our scores were getting in the 30's, so they had a few noobs come bomb it. Or something of that liking, I'm just being judgemental =P But it's so stupid, why would you do that? Ah...kids these days

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 00:50:19

fuck, all my damn songs were pushed back one or two pages... fucking bullshit. cant believe the dedication these fuckers have to 0-vote when listening and judging reasonably is just as easy...

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 00:56:57

I noticed it too. Someone dropped a zero almost immediately as the demo to an upcoming song was uploaded that Lightkeeper and I are doing.

I say fuck them. I found out though that around 10 PM EST is generally a good time to put songs on since most people who would zero bomb are sleeping and dreaming about bombing the next good song.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 01:07:17

I noticed too. I have one song with almost 2000 votes. So an 0 or a 5 doesn't effect it. It dropped a whole .01...I've tried 0 ing it and 5 ing it...and it doesn't budge it, yet some fucker, whoever dropped the portal today, has a bunch more voting power than me.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 01:32:41

Yeah I had a song get absolutly ass raped today so much so that I had my friend vote 5 on it and it didn't even budge. It's my mission to become like level 50 and become the protector of the metal portal. I think we all need to stick together now more than ever and unite as one massive metal beast who will not bow down to the oppressive force that is the techno bastards. For to long have they ruled over the land that is the front page of the audio portal, and I say it is time we strike back! No longer will we sit back and watch as Pbot selects nothing but video game and techno songs for the world to hear. It is time we wage war! I have prepared the following speech to use to rally the troops.....

Good morning, In the next few weeks, metal artist from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest New grounds battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Thank you................

CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 05:06:20

My songs are bad enough not to be noticed by those fuckers, the score is low enough already. But if we find a target, I'll gladly help with my huge voting power >;O

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 09:34:03

Pooey, I get like 3 people who sometimes vote down ALL of my songs. Not only songs on the frontpage.
Who cares.
We should all go over to Techno and vote everything down there, too.
haha
Then again... Those are like 30 minutes of my life wasted...

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 10:14:22

At 1/27/09 09:34 AM, CWN wrote: Pooey, I get like 3 people who sometimes vote down ALL of my songs. Not only songs on the frontpage.
Who cares.
We should all go over to Techno and vote everything down there, too.
haha
Then again... Those are like 30 minutes of my life wasted...

Revenge is rarely the answer. I doubt its the "techno" bastards. haha. Sometimes, you can tell, its metal guys. By the the new crappiest song on earth holding the number one spot with 7 0r 8 votes. And 3 of his other songs are near the top too...and the rest of you all dropped a shitload. IN a case like that, I say its ok to vote the song a bit lower.

Anyways, we better talk about breakdowns before someone comes a long and locks this thread, cause the contest is over and it has gotten WAY off topic.

Breakdowns are cool

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 11:00:45

Anyways, we better talk about breakdowns before someone comes a long and locks this thread, cause the contest is over and it has gotten WAY off topic.

Breakdowns are cool

SNOW DAY, WOOT. Breakdowns and stuff.

Imma go sledding boys. Hopefully the results will be in sometime soon

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 12:06:56

apparently nobody got my Independence day Joke. :(

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 13:28:39

At 1/27/09 01:32 AM, Maverick32183 wrote: Yeah I had a song get absolutly ass raped today so much so that I had my friend vote 5 on it and it didn't even budge. It's my mission to become like level 50 and become the protector of the metal portal. I think we all need to stick together now more than ever and unite as one massive metal beast who will not bow down to the oppressive force that is the techno bastards. For to long have they ruled over the land that is the front page of the audio portal, and I say it is time we strike back! No longer will we sit back and watch as Pbot selects nothing but video game and techno songs for the world to hear. It is time we wage war! I have prepared the following speech to use to rally the troops.....

Yeah!!! FUCK Pbot >:( fuck the guy with #1 spot and fuck the people who lock threads!!! fuck them all. Combined they all make one big fat asshole >:(

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 13:34:07

and most of all FUCK the zero voters!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-27 13:40:55

Let's all listen to this masterpiece by Gorebastard!

BBS Signature