00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAYHEMWEIRDO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge

12,751 Views | 230 Replies

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-11 14:25:04

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-11 14:35:09

deathkllr's entry is kicking all your arses so far.

I found a quarter inch jack cable in my draw so I can record now :D
I'll write one in a couple of days and beatdown with the rest of you.

And just for all those people. Metalcore is the most well known genre that the "metal breakdowns" are in that are still heavy as shit. I prefer my deathcore stuff, though. So I'll be submitting a more deathcore breakdown.
And btw pop punk also has breakdowns of a smiliar nature. So can we not worry about the genre of stuff and make these things shitting heavy so I lay a brick in my pants? Kay. Kay.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-11 17:42:58

Would I be able to get a friend to make me a drumtrack for me? I still haven't found a caddy for my hard drive, so no drum program for me.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-11 18:01:35

At 1/11/09 05:42 PM, speedmetalmessiah wrote: Would I be able to get a friend to make me a drumtrack for me? I still haven't found a caddy for my hard drive, so no drum program for me.

Sure, I'll make one for you in Sup. 2.0 :D
PM me what you want! (bpm, the break, what kind of doublebass beats etc. :D)

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-13 13:49:15

1. awesome submission badman. sick as shit like always.

2. lets stop bitching at eachother about what genre is what. if u can bang ur head around and put up the horns its metal. lol

CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-14 19:35:21

And here
WE
GO

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-14 20:45:20

At 1/13/09 01:49 PM, XxCowMeatxX wrote: 2. lets stop bitching at eachother about what genre is what. if u can bang ur head around and put up the horns its metal. lol

Seriously!

Awesome shit so far! Let's see some more entrants!

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-15 14:34:11

Well, I tried.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-15 20:07:21

Glad to see people still joining this competition. Only 2 days left!

Good luck to everybody \m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-15 23:40:51

At 1/15/09 08:07 PM, deathkllr84 wrote: Glad to see people still joining this competition. Only 2 days left!

its to the 21st now

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-17 11:53:46

At 1/15/09 11:40 PM, XxCowMeatxX wrote:
At 1/15/09 08:07 PM, deathkllr84 wrote: Glad to see people still joining this competition. Only 2 days left!

its to the 21st now

oh snap, I feel stupid =P

uhhh, 4 more days then \m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-17 20:07:33

Count me in bitches ;) Howre you gonna have a breakdown competition without me >:D

I Heard some of the submissions... Looks like I've got a lot of work to do. Time to get drunk, cheers. toodles

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 13:07:44

At 1/17/09 08:07 PM, BuryYourFace wrote: Count me in bitches ;) Howre you gonna have a breakdown competition without me >:D

I Heard some of the submissions... Looks like I've got a lot of work to do. Time to get drunk, cheers. toodles

Only a couple days left, motherfucker. Better kick some ass, get that shit done!

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 13:14:27

Oh man couple of days. I might not enter than, depends if I can actually be arsed to nick my bro's amp to record now. We'll see.

deathkllr is still kicking arse :D haha

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 14:44:46

WOOOOooooooooo!
I'm finally sobered out. I passed my final exams on friday, I am officially a shipmechanic now.
Now i gotta record a breakdown.... This is going to be tough.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 15:13:52

At 1/19/09 02:44 PM, CWN wrote: WOOOOooooooooo!
I'm finally sobered out. I passed my final exams on friday, I am officially a shipmechanic now.

I'm eager to hear it bro, get workin!

Glad you like my submission Amb, lol hopefully you can get your bro's amp. Just steal it or something xD

\m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 18:00:11

At 1/19/09 03:13 PM, deathkllr84 wrote: Glad you like my submission Amb, lol hopefully you can get your bro's amp. Just steal it or something xD

\m/

Well I don't know, but last time I checked 'to nick' and 'to steal' were still equivalent =o

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 19:56:40

At 1/19/09 03:13 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:

Glad you like my submission Amb, lol hopefully you can get your bro's amp. Just steal it or something xD

\m/

Your submission is good deathkllr.... But damn dude I'm liken Mavericks track bro. that shit was uber br00tal.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-19 20:04:42

At 1/19/09 07:56 PM, BuryYourFace wrote:
At 1/19/09 03:13 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:

\m/
Your submission is good deathkllr.... But damn dude I'm liken Mavericks track bro. that shit was uber br00tal.

Yeah, I have to admit that his submission kicks major ass. The breakdown is pretty classic too, with some new elements thrown in there. But then again, he did have a whole band write it and (I assume) recorded it in a studio with professional equipment. Not much you can do about that, I'm pretty lucky I get the tones I do from a pedal lol. I don't really feel like bands should be on NG, that's what myspace is for. It's a bold statement, I know, but how are single artists supposed to compete with professional recordings? Dunno, maybe I'm just whining.

But either way, it's all for fun anyway. I take things too seriously =P

\m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-20 16:24:14

Yeah, I have to admit that his submission kicks major ass. The breakdown is pretty classic too, with some new elements thrown in there. But then again, he did have a whole band write it and (I assume) recorded it in a studio with professional equipment. Not much you can do about that, I'm pretty lucky I get the tones I do from a pedal lol. I don't really feel like bands should be on NG, that's what myspace is for. It's a bold statement, I know, but how are single artists supposed to compete with professional recordings? Dunno, maybe I'm just whining.

\m/

Thanks again Bury!

Yeah i do understand Deathkllr's statement. it is true i only play the bass and sing backups in the band so I can't take credit for all of it but unfortunately they don't have a Band submission thing so i had to do it for myself. I really just wanted to upload our music so that it could be used in flash animations (none yet) and your right it's all for fun there's no competition. The musicians can't win money like the animators do although i did win money for my voice acting work i did with my comedy group for our Winter 2008 contest entry. if you guys haven't checked out our work please do it's pretty good i think and pretty funny.

We actually didn't record in a studio exactly. Our friend who played Keyboards on our CD Pete owns his own recording equipment and we used it to record in our basements and bedrooms haha. But it comes out sounding just like a studio. You can check out his recording work on mysapce just search for DAMAGE STUDIOS in music and his "band" (I say it in quotes because he plays every instrument) Vomitron is incredible check them out on myspace too!

I must say that all of you who record your own stuff right on your computer do a great job and it sounds great! My problem is that after i finish uploading all of our songs I'm finished haha i don't have any equipment to produce new stuff like you guys i just have a few Punk Rock submissions from my old band to submit. So everyone keep up the good work!

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 01:13:37

At 1/20/09 04:24 PM, Maverick32183 wrote:

\m/
Thanks again Bury!

Yeah i do understand Deathkllr's statement. it is true i only play the bass and sing backups in the band so I can't take credit for all of it but unfortunately they don't have a Band submission thing so i had to do it for myself. I really just wanted to upload our music so that it could be used in flash animations (none yet) and your right it's all for fun there's no competition. The musicians can't win money like the animators do although i did win money for my voice acting work i did with my comedy group for our Winter 2008 contest entry. if you guys haven't checked out our work please do it's pretty good i think and pretty funny.

We actually didn't record in a studio exactly. Our friend who played Keyboards on our CD Pete owns his own recording equipment and we used it to record in our basements and bedrooms haha. But it comes out sounding just like a studio. You can check out his recording work on mysapce just search for DAMAGE STUDIOS in music and his "band" (I say it in quotes because he plays every instrument) Vomitron is incredible check them out on myspace too!

I must say that all of you who record your own stuff right on your computer do a great job and it sounds great! My problem is that after i finish uploading all of our songs I'm finished haha i don't have any equipment to produce new stuff like you guys i just have a few Punk Rock submissions from my old band to submit. So everyone keep up the good work!

Yeah that's cool.... Now check out my submission goddamnit ;)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 05215

and the same link for good luck >:(

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 01:50:01

At 1/7/09 05:54 PM, Ambimetric wrote: Let me go get my skinny jeans and my hardcore dancing shoes.

But for realsies, I'll maybe try and borrow my mate's lead so I can record guitar and see if he has a mic I can borrow too for some rawrs and shit.

IF I make one, expect fucking br00t4l all in yo' grill. nukka.

bree screee queef queef

Bring it bitch ;D

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 10:37:41

it ends today metalheads. WHO WILL THE FINAL WINNER OF GLORY BE?

I WILL SAIL ACROSS THE SEAS AND CONQUER DISTANT LANDS IN ORDER TO FIND OUT!

...no, I don't know. But I think it does end today, right?

\m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 11:09:55

Ok bitches.
Found some time to record. :D

Enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 13:30:49

At 1/21/09 11:09 AM, CWN wrote: Ok bitches.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 05275
Enjoy.

I tried leaving a review on your song dude, but it said it was too short? dunno, my computer's been fucking up a lot lately. nice submission though, that :40 part is brutal. \m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 16:41:38

WTF!! Now why didn't i see this sooner! WHY WHY WHYYYYYY!!

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 16:52:10

FUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uck. I'm rotting here!

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 19:03:51

NOM NOMS!

will the judgments be announced today, or do the submissions just close?

bree breeee

\m/

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 20:14:29

At 1/21/09 01:30 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:
At 1/21/09 11:09 AM, CWN wrote: Ok bitches.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 05275
Enjoy.
I tried leaving a review on your song dude, but it said it was too short? dunno, my computer's been fucking up a lot lately. nice submission though, that :40 part is brutal. \m/

Weird... Maybe the title of the review was just too short... dunno..
yeah, 0:40 is a real smack in the face :D
Be sure to listen to it on some good speakers with subwoofers... BOOOM haha

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-21 21:23:38

this compition is now officially closed. i will make a new post when judging and everything is done.

gl everybody that enterd.