00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

willmeyo2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge

12,752 Views | 230 Replies

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 02:00:06

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 02:27:10

If you guys want to seriously do some fuckin crazy collab I'm down. but of course I have no instruments cause I sold them all cause i was broke as fuck... but I do have the ability to record vocals so I could do that. What we need to do something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7eqxg92Y G0&feature=channel_page but obviously not as 80's haha. Though i would fuckin love it. But i can't sing like that at fuckin all hahaha. If i could I wouldn't be here. But the idea where we have someone do the rhythm someone do drums and someone do bass then have different people rip solos and have several vocalist in all styles. Holy shit that would be bad ass.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 10:25:22

At 1/30/09 02:27 AM, Maverick32183 wrote: If you guys want to seriously do some fuckin crazy collab I'm down. but of course I have no instruments cause I sold them all cause i was broke as fuck... but I do have the ability to record vocals so I could do that. What we need to do something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7eqxg92Y G0&feature=channel_page but obviously not as 80's haha. Though i would fuckin love it. But i can't sing like that at fuckin all hahaha. If i could I wouldn't be here. But the idea where we have someone do the rhythm someone do drums and someone do bass then have different people rip solos and have several vocalist in all styles. Holy shit that would be bad ass.

ROFL.... that song is so... HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
But it's a cool idea... man, but we definitely need someone to be the coordinator.. this could get quite... complicating.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 12:38:28

At 1/30/09 02:27 AM, Maverick32183 wrote: If you guys want to seriously do some fuckin crazy collab I'm down. but of course I have no instruments cause I sold them all cause i was broke as fuck... but I do have the ability to record vocals so I could do that. What we need to do something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7eqxg92Y G0&feature=channel_page but obviously not as 80's haha. Though i would fuckin love it. But i can't sing like that at fuckin all hahaha. If i could I wouldn't be here. But the idea where we have someone do the rhythm someone do drums and someone do bass then have different people rip solos and have several vocalist in all styles. Holy shit that would be bad ass.

we can do this.... but it will be more brutal and way faster and more UMPH....... I Have a dream ;)

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 12:45:36

At 1/30/09 10:25 AM, CWN wrote:
ROFL.... that song is so... HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
But it's a cool idea... man, but we definitely need someone to be the coordinator.. this could get quite... complicating.

Yeah that's the tough part is somebody who has great mixing equipment who can take all the files and put them together. I certainly don't otherwise I'd do it. And yes that song is epicly great in a ridiculous funny 80's way.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 16:54:59

At 1/30/09 12:45 PM, Maverick32183 wrote:

Yeah that's the tough part is somebody who has great mixing equipment who can take all the files and put them together. I certainly don't otherwise I'd do it. And yes that song is epicly great in a ridiculous funny 80's way.

I have some ok software. Shall I co-ordinate this? If you want me to, PM me all your email addy's, And I'll take suggestions etc...and get started from there. Even if I have some emails already, I'll want them again. With the ones I get from anyone wanting to be in this, in my PM box, I'll create a mail list, in the next couple days. Say, Saturday at noon, pacific time, be the deadline for submitting interested dudes emails to my PM BOX.

The reason I've been standoffish about coordinating, is I have a bunch of vocal collabs and shit to finish. I'm just not getting time for vocals, but have plenty for music production/recording. So yeah, if we gonna do this, I'll fucking get er rolling.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 18:06:06

At 1/30/09 04:54 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 1/30/09 12:45 PM, Maverick32183 wrote:

I have some ok software. Shall I co-ordinate this? If you want me to, PM me all your email addy's, And I'll take suggestions etc...and get started from there. Even if I have some emails already, I'll want them again. With the ones I get from anyone wanting to be in this, in my PM box, I'll create a mail list, in the next couple days. Say, Saturday at noon, pacific time, be the deadline for submitting interested dudes emails to my PM BOX.

The reason I've been standoffish about coordinating, is I have a bunch of vocal collabs and shit to finish. I'm just not getting time for vocals, but have plenty for music production/recording. So yeah, if we gonna do this, I'll fucking get er rolling.

you've got my email brother. I'm more than ready for this.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 18:07:52

:D

[with a breakdown]

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-30 21:51:18

At 1/29/09 07:00 PM, XxCowMeatxX wrote: ok guys. sry i had some family problems and ontop of that i got banned from the forums for about a weeks (we will not get into that though). its not worth starting an argument and then the moderators who banned me seeing this and banning me again.

anyways back to the matter at hand. i noticed a couple new entries so i will take a day to listen and judge them all. by late friday i will have posted my decision.

how late ?

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-31 16:51:55

obviously pretty late, it's saturday =P

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-31 18:32:05

At 1/31/09 04:51 PM, deathkllr84 wrote: obviously pretty late, it's saturday =P

I forgot, I was dealing with a bunch of lazy headbangers. Myself included. (I meant NEXT Saturday!) haha.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-31 19:26:13

At 1/31/09 06:32 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 1/31/09 04:51 PM, deathkllr84 wrote: obviously pretty late, it's saturday =P
I forgot, I was dealing with a bunch of lazy headbangers. Myself included. (I meant NEXT Saturday!) haha.

twas talking about results for competition, not the collab. although that sounds interesting too

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-31 19:58:53

At 1/31/09 07:26 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:
twas talking about results for competition, not the collab. although that sounds interesting too

Oh. And ....SHUT UP! You know you want in. haha.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-01-31 22:15:46

At 1/31/09 07:58 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:

Ah man, I don't know guys. My guitar skill is way beyond all of yours, and I don't think you could keep up with my abilities. *internet sarcasm*

no really though, just tell me what to do

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-01 12:27:27

At 1/31/09 10:15 PM, deathkllr84 wrote:
At 1/31/09 07:58 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
Ah man, I don't know guys. My guitar skill is way beyond all of yours, and I don't think you could keep up with my abilities. *internet sarcasm*

:P \m/

no really though, just tell me what to do

Just send me your email to my PM box, I'll gather them from there...and make a mailing list, then...we'll talk about where to begin. And discuss mixing and quality and all that. With a bunch of us making a full song, we all have different tones, and bla bla bla...sooo....
I think we should compile some riffs...get one person to play them. With leads or solos, (depending on the length of the song) I guess tones don't really matter, they'll just have to blend good with the main rhythm tone.

We need to decide someone for drums as well. With different riffings coming from everyone, we'll need someone who either plays live and can change tempo's at their leisure, or someone who's drum proggy can also change tempos without much trouble. I'm not sure how to do that mid song with my FL-ezdrummer combo. I mean, with beats, I can go to double or half without changing the actual tempo. But look the fuck out, if I figure out how to do proper tempo changes...haha.
But anyways, it will be some work, and I don't mind trying to lay the groundwork. There is also no rush to anything. There are a lot of different elements to sort out first. When I get the interested motherfuckers all sorted out, then we can start laying the shit out.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-01 20:06:16

We need to decide someone for drums as well. With different riffings coming from everyone, we'll need someone who either plays live and can change tempo's at their leisure, or someone who's drum proggy can also change tempos without much trouble. I'm not sure how to do that mid song with my FL-ezdrummer combo. I mean, with beats, I can go to double or half without changing the actual tempo. But look the fuck out, if I figure out how to do proper tempo changes...haha.
But anyways, it will be some work, and I don't mind trying to lay the groundwork. There is also no rush to anything. There are a lot of different elements to sort out first. When I get the interested motherfuckers all sorted out, then we can start laying the shit out.

With tones, we could have one person play the riffs as rhythm and other people can do solos/leads. Something like that. As for drums and changing tempo, I know how to do all that. Although I would prefer doing heavy guitar work, maybe rhythm since I'm not the best at solos =P Doesn't really matter though, should be fun. I'll PM you here in a second

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-01 23:54:48

ey I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but CowMeat.... you suck fucking ass at being a judge, and to be honest if you ever have another competition I won't join. "Of all the stupid things in my life I fell for this
I fell for this". Even if you find a reason to fail me. Its ok, you've failed me, we went all out, and busted our asses to make the deadline. Fuck you CowMeat >:( you know its true

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 12:40:02

At 2/1/09 11:54 PM, BuryYourFace wrote: ey I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but CowMeat.... you suck fucking ass at being a judge, and to be honest if you ever have another competition I won't join. "Of all the stupid things in my life I fell for this
I fell for this". Even if you find a reason to fail me. Its ok, you've failed me, we went all out, and busted our asses to make the deadline. Fuck you CowMeat >:( you know its true

Wow. haha Remember the dude had a family emergency that took him away from home for a few days. So give it time.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 13:50:36

Breakdown starts at :50

Do I win yet?

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 14:09:46

Sounds like Super Mario playing guitar with a 90s Techno voice with uber pitch correction put over.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 15:22:10

At 2/2/09 01:50 PM, sdfmusic wrote: Breakdown starts at :50

Do I win yet?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 09294

wowwwwww now that was VERY emo :S that breakdown was WEAK son :P that was like a hyped up pre-breakdown. step your game up bruddah ;D

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 15:59:50

At 2/2/09 03:22 PM, BuryYourFace wrote:

Do I win yet?
wowwwwww now that was VERY emo :S that breakdown was WEAK son :P that was like a hyped up pre-breakdown. step your game up bruddah ;D

/wrists

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 16:59:34

At 2/2/09 03:59 PM, sdfmusic wrote:

Do I win yet?
/wrists

Here... Maybe this song of mine will cheer you up:

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 18:00:06

At 2/2/09 04:59 PM, CWN wrote:
At 2/2/09 03:59 PM, sdfmusic wrote:

Do I win yet?
/wrists
Here... Maybe this song of mine will cheer you up:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 00663

LOLOLOL

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 19:17:48

hahahaha! Aw...poor boy =\

but yeah, this comp is toast. Bad timing for cowmeat, im sure any other time he'd be good to go. Course I don't think we really need a judge, we all know I won...AHAHAH!!11!

...no but really, I liked hearing the submissions. Some pretty cool music round here.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 19:45:25

People are calling this one neo-classical

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-02 23:43:10

At 2/2/09 07:45 PM, sdfmusic wrote: People are calling this one neo-classical
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 08773

dude.... what the fuck?

>:(

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-03 01:11:47

I'm interested in the collab, already sent you my email Badman.

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-03 10:55:45

Still sounds like Super Mario trying to play Guitar with an old NES controller.

BBS Signature

Response to CM's Heavymetal breakdown challenge 2009-02-03 12:11:27

At 2/3/09 10:55 AM, CWN wrote:
Still sounds like Super Mario trying to play Guitar with an old NES controller.

Hahahaha Just like this!