00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Old Peoples Home

94,302 Views | 887 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-12-17 06:29:23

At 12/13/09 09:33 PM, Elfer wrote: Hey the weekend's just about over, you guys excited that the text search is coming back?

make me a cool sig

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-12-17 20:36:45

At 12/13/09 05:29 AM, Coop83 wrote:
You don't seem to have been a very active member of the community, in all honesty ;)

I was in a coma for a while, not my fault. I'm still older than you HA!

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-25 08:14:14

At 12/5/09 05:39 AM, FierceDietyLink wrote: I call dibs on "oldest lurker/troll" status.

I've been inactive on these forums for longer than you sunshine. Between 28th July 2001 and 23rd April 2009 I made 2 posts.

The Ng Old Peoples Home

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-25 08:23:20

At 12/14/09 05:01 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/9/09 09:09 AM, Coop83 wrote: I don't particularly feel old for the time I've spent here and as they say, you're only as old as the girl you feel. . . .
"Some people think I'm robbing the cradle, but I say she's robbing the grave."

So, she's in league with Bender, is she?

But that's a pretty good Futurama reference.

At 12/17/09 08:36 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 12/13/09 05:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: You don't seem to have been a very active member of the community, in all honesty ;)
I was in a coma for a while, not my fault. I'm still older than you HA!

What the?! Hey, he's mocking me :(

B& >:(

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-25 16:29:44

At 1/25/10 08:23 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/17/09 08:36 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
What the?! Hey, he's mocking me :(

B& >:(

ROFL

Pass me the applesauce now please.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 06:43:10

At 1/25/10 04:29 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 1/25/10 08:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: B& >:(
ROFL

See, I'm a mod with a sense of humour - getting violated didn't send me mad like Rucklo... or Poozy.

Pass me the applesauce now please.

Why? Are we having pork again?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 10:54:43

At 1/26/10 06:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: See, I'm a mod with a sense of humour - getting violated didn't send me mad like Rucklo... or Poozy.

I thought you were one of those powerless mods :P.

Ie, a review mod or something.

I have applesauce with chicken... is that wrong of me?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 11:16:37

At 1/26/10 10:54 AM, Nev wrote:
At 1/26/10 06:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: See, I'm a mod with a sense of humour - getting violated didn't send me mad like Rucklo... or Poozy.
I thought you were one of those powerless mods :P.

Ie, a review mod or something.

Ho ho! This is where you're partially right and I tell you that I'm also a Forum mod.

"You're right, because I'm still a review mod. I'm now also a Forum mod :D"

I have applesauce with chicken... is that wrong of me?

I don't have applesauce. My girlfriend has applesauce with custard as a desert.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 14:43:16

At 1/26/10 11:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: Ho ho! This is where you're partially right and I tell you that I'm also a Forum mod.

"You're right, because I'm still a review mod. I'm now also a Forum mod :D"

It's like you got upgraded with a new hip. Must be nice to be able to walk without a cane, wielding the banhammer.

I don't have applesauce. My girlfriend has applesauce with custard as a desert.

Applesauce goes well with everything. I take out my teeth and suck it in and mash it with my gums. Hmmmm mmm good.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 14:49:22

Speaking of apple sauce (or was it ketchup?!) my Grandads mum is 93 tomorrow. Ninety bloody threeee!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-26 20:28:01

Doesn't having apple sauce make you crap your pants?

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-27 01:17:57

Do you remember a time where there were only ten forums on Newgrounds and of those only six you could post new topics in?

Kids today, so spoiled.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-27 08:52:09

At 1/27/10 01:17 AM, reverend wrote: Do you remember a time where there were only ten forums on Newgrounds and of those only six you could post new topics in?

I don't remember what happened last week

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-27 09:53:31

At 1/27/10 08:52 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:17 AM, reverend wrote: Do you remember a time where there were only ten forums on Newgrounds and of those only six you could post new topics in?
I don't remember what happened last week

I dont even remember what I'm replying for...

May I join this... erm... what am I doing here? who am I? Why is there a rainbow bandana on my head?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-27 10:11:14

At 1/2/09 02:10 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Put your slippers on, take your pills, and grumble about the youth of today, it's the NG Old People's Home!

Guidelines
3. No chit-chat. Old people don't know the meaning of the word sociable.

What, no chit-chat but, old people loves chit-chat at least in my country.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-01-27 10:23:49

Remember when we didn't have an Art forum or even the Audio forum? Wow, I can still remember the days when the most recently made forum was the Clubs & Crews.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-01 04:54:55

Yeah the BBS has grown by leaps and bounds and there are more Newgrounders more than ever. Though, I remember the CC being more active than it seems to be right now. Maybe I'm reminiscing wrong.

I think it's reached a good size for the moment. We really don't want to over sub-divide the forums into too many categories; it would get too annoying jumping from one forum to another over and over.

video game forum pfft.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-01 11:01:13

At 2/1/10 04:54 AM, reverend wrote: Yeah the BBS has grown by leaps and bounds and there are more Newgrounders more than ever. Though, I remember the CC being more active than it seems to be right now. Maybe I'm reminiscing wrong.

The C&C? Yep, I remember posting a lot more than I did now. I think I was at the point where I was in 15 different clubs at once. It was insane but of course, the majority of them have either died off or I haven't even posted there in years.

I think it's reached a good size for the moment. We really don't want to over sub-divide the forums into too many categories; it would get too annoying jumping from one forum to another over and over.

Yeah, we have enough right now. They don't need anymore forums for a long time. If there were more forum ideas, it'd be something like film, music or TV but that's what General's for. Sure, the same thing could be said about the Video Game forum but there was a shitload of video game topics in the General forum so it made sense to make an individual forum for games.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-01 13:55:23

I forget, did I apply for membership here or not? If I did. then I must have forgotten.

damn Alzheimer's..wait, what was I doing?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-02 23:44:10

When it comes to recalling the "Good 'ol Days" how many of y'all remember how the old Portal & front page looked like? Not to mention, EVERY SINGLE NEW MOVIE OR GAME THAT CAME OUT WAS ANTI-TERRORIST BASED!! THAT was NG's hayday in my total honest opinion. I would play those games for HOURS on fucking end. Man, 9 years this 9/11/2010. Still can't believe I was in 6th grade (I had just turned 11-years-old that July 17th) when the WTC was destroyed.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-03 04:33:48

At 2/3/10 12:21 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: I remember that..and remember goign through all the changes of NG and how people didn't like it.

Resistance to change. It was funny to see how people resisted the change when the new redesign came around in 2007, despite the cries of resistance when it had changed to the previous layout, giving the BBS a much needed overhaul.

I remember regulars like Artist J, Dobio, Moloko, Carmilla(before she even had a kid), Nephthys,

Great people. Hard to say you remember Dobio, because he's still around.

when Gfoxcook was a mod,

Barely, but I remember it.

when "Ganguro Girl" and "There She Is" were on the front page...or when that native kid commited suicide and some temporary female bbs member left a comment on his video and he replied and the she was questioned by detectives or something...I can go on forever. : ( #

I don't remember those, but I remember Livecorpse and the uproar that surrounded that. I am reminded of this every time I update the top 100 Responses list, as he's still on there.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-03 04:55:02

At 2/1/10 11:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: The C&C? Yep, I remember posting a lot more than I did now. I think I was at the point where I was in 15 different clubs at once. It was insane but of course, the majority of them have either died off or I haven't even posted there in years.

15?! Good God. I wasn't much of CC poster back then. I don't know why.
I'm trying to remember, didn't some one in the Wi/Ht? made a suggestion that you could only be a part of four CC group to be apart of the Membership? I might be remembering wrong...

Sure, the same thing could be said about the Video Game forum but there was a shitload of video game topics in the General forum so it made sense to make an individual forum for games.

Yeah I guess it was more of an attempt to clean up General a little. I don't quite remember how many VG games topics were created in General per day, but I guess it was just enough.

At 2/2/10 11:10 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Yo muthafuckas!!!?!?

Hi :)

At 2/2/10 11:44 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: When it comes to recalling the "Good 'ol Days" how many of y'all remember how the old Portal & front page looked like? Not to mention, EVERY SINGLE NEW MOVIE OR GAME THAT CAME OUT WAS ANTI-TERRORIST BASED!!

Ha, I recall so much hate mail was received for Kaboom! I think due in apart of the mood at the time, as you say. But it wasn't the controversial games that kept me coming back. I remember always playing Create a Ride and Johnny Rocketfingers, not to mention the classics like Pico's School and Alien Hominid, which always brought me back here.

At 2/3/10 12:21 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: I remember that..and remember goign through all the changes of NG and how people didn't like it. I remember regulars like Artist J, Dobio, Moloko, Carmilla(before she even had a kid), Nephthys, when Gfoxcook was a mod, when "Ganguro Girl" and "There She Is" were on the front page

I remember the day that Nephthys left. It was really really sad. And Gfox as a mod, yep I remember; the only topic I ever created in General, he locked. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-03 08:00:30

At 2/3/10 04:55 AM, reverend wrote: I'm trying to remember, didn't some one in the Wi/Ht? made a suggestion that you could only be a part of four CC group to be apart of the Membership? I might be remembering wrong...

Yes, there was once a rule about "clubwhores". It no longer applies these days. The rule was dropped well before I took care of the Member List. I'm more concerned about shitty posters than clubwhores when it comes to people being nominated for the Member List.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-03 12:08:37

At 1/27/10 10:23 AM, Bahamut wrote: Remember when we didn't have an Art forum or even the Audio forum? Wow, I can still remember the days when the most recently made forum was the Clubs & Crews.

I remember the days when we didn't have an audio portal, all we had was some lame flash portal, an assassin section and some telebubbies.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-03 17:03:32

Just to really push the stereotype of old people, who here is on medications?

I know I am. Prescription anti-depressant, Zn(Zinc for those who aren't scientifically gifted) supplements, OTC claratin, and a prescription drug for ADD/ADHD which helps keep me calm throughout the day.

when's pill time? Meh, get me the applesauce and cinnamon and sugar and shut up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-04 01:23:44

At 2/3/10 05:03 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Just to really push the stereotype of old people, who here is on medications?

I take antihistamines for hayfever and that's about it. Don't even take vitamins and rarely need painkillers. Guess I'm lucky. Although I still need my Cetirizine mixed into apple sauce.

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-19 19:58:17

Echo echo echo ..

JOKESIDE`

At 2/2/10 11:10 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Yo muthafuckas!!!?!?

WOUCH, nice wasn't yesterday I saw you around *I think* .. What have you been up to mad dog?

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-19 21:45:47

Whoa... weird reading all these old names that I havn't seen in... well.. years. Then again, I'm not as active as I was... what? Four years ago? Seemed like 06' was my major year. I WAS IN MAH' PRIME!

Man.... has it really been almost six years?!

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-20 08:22:03

At 2/3/10 05:03 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Just to really push the stereotype of old people, who here is on medications?

I'm only taking protein supplements at the moment. I've been trying to gain weight for a long time, being around 10.5 stone (147 lbs / 66kg) and the ideal for me is around 12 stone (168lbs / 72kg)

I'll get there, but it's making the weight gains out of muscle that's the issue.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2010-02-20 08:22:29

At 2/3/10 08:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, there was once a rule about "clubwhores". It no longer applies these days. The rule was dropped well before I took care of the Member List.

Of course I know it doesn't apply today but who was it that recommended it?

I'm more concerned about shitty posters than clubwhores when it comes to people being nominated for the Member List.

iscrulz being the exception to the rule? Ha!

Aspirin and Bengay is all I need.

At 2/19/10 09:45 PM, TheFaces wrote: Whoa... weird reading all these old names that I havn't seen in... well.. years. Then again, I'm not as active as I was... what? Four years ago? Seemed like 06' was my major year. I WAS IN MAH' PRIME!
Man.... has it really been almost six years?!

Time flies when you are having fun. Either that or you were in a coma.

BBS Signature