New Topic Respond to this Topic
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-02 06:53:04 Reply

At 6/25/09 12:19 PM, sushi13 wrote: When I first signed up Family Guy was still funny. That says a lot...

When I first signed up, Bahmaut thought the Simpsons was still funny :P

Also does anybody else think "The Problems of the Future, Today" should be reinstated as the site motto? "Everything, By Everyone" just sounds kinda lame to me.

I liked that motto, but Everything, by Everyone kinda grew on me. Especially when Blockhead came up with a saying "Newgrounds! Everyone, by everything, or something."

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-02 15:36:17 Reply

Back in da day I remember when POOZY diden't exsist. We had Bigbadbradon or whatever the fuck his name was. Damn whipper snapper!

Enter Thy Metal Hell
.NG Cryptozoology Club
www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
turbosquad
turbosquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-02 17:07:41 Reply

i started coming to newgrounds when assassin was one of the big draws...got an account at the end of '03 and was a regular back in '04, but since then i havent been very active at all. just started coming back regularly a few weeks ago. im not gonna call myself "old school" but i have some fond memories from when i was a more active member.

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-02 18:47:52 Reply

At 10/2/09 05:07 PM, turbosquad wrote: im not gonna call myself "old school" but i have some fond memories from when i was a more active member.

Agreed. A good example of that being good old fashioned lusty barfly. Goddamn that game was fun. Haha. No one gives it any props nowadays though. :(

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-03 02:37:10 Reply

Ah, the good ol day of having to 'Right click and Play' and having to guess of when the movie was fully loaded since the concept of a preloader was unheard of or rarely used.

memories

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-03 05:21:13 Reply

At 10/2/09 03:36 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Back in da day I remember when POOZY diden't exsist. We had Bigbadbradon or whatever the fuck his name was. Damn whipper snapper!

I remember when poxpower was spelled ~poxpower~ and he changed his account name, so someone took the name and tried to sell it back to him, or something.

That was funny and somehow karmic.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-03 08:41:15 Reply

At 10/3/09 05:21 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/2/09 03:36 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Back in da day I remember when POOZY diden't exsist. We had Bigbadbradon or whatever the fuck his name was. Damn whipper snapper!
I remember when poxpower was spelled ~poxpower~ and he changed his account name, so someone took the name and tried to sell it back to him, or something.

I remember when someone stole KNOX's name after he changed his to KINGOFTHEPORTAL because he'd just won it for 2nd or 3rd time running or something.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-03 12:07:17 Reply

At 10/3/09 05:21 AM, Coop83 wrote: I remember when poxpower was spelled ~poxpower~ and he changed his account name, so someone took the name and tried to sell it back to him, or something.

Poxpower was spelled about 80 different ways. That dude changed his name like every other day it seemed like. We use to lol about it in the ol' club a club club.

Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-14 18:22:05 Reply

I think I am old enough to retire.

I hate your sig, the guy above me >:C

So, I was walking with my walker while other people were walking... Oh my, I've talked too much. BYE!

aouhhh my back
EternitySpent
EternitySpent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Melancholy
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-14 19:33:21 Reply

hahaha, ha.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss spending ungodly amounts of time blowing up those little .swf's on the old flash portal banner.

The Ng Old Peoples Home

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-14 19:34:51 Reply

At 10/14/09 06:22 PM, Prodigal wrote: I think I am old enough to retire.

No. You're still wearing diapers are you kidding me.

Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-14 19:43:32 Reply

At 10/14/09 07:33 PM, EternitySpent wrote: hahaha, ha.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss spending ungodly amounts of time blowing up those little .swf's on the old flash portal banner.

I always cheated and held down the tab button.

Every so often, I really do miss how things were back in the day...

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 06:49:50 Reply

At 10/14/09 07:43 PM, Aksumka wrote: Every so often, I really do miss how things were back in the day...

When are you going to stop depositing and accept the inevitable - I'm going to pass you for Experience >:(

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 10:09:41 Reply

How's it going you bunch of old farts? Oh wait that's me as well >,<

BAHHHH

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 10:46:07 Reply

At 10/15/09 06:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: When are you going to stop depositing and accept the inevitable - I'm going to pass you for Experience >:(

Maybe when I hit level 44.

About a year ago I told myself that if there was any level to stop at, it would be 44.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 10:49:09 Reply

At 10/2/09 06:53 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/25/09 12:19 PM, sushi13 wrote: When I first signed up Family Guy was still funny. That says a lot...
When I first signed up, Bahmaut thought the Simpsons was still funny :P

Just the old stuff, dammit! I was iffy with the newer crap even then. Also, old Simpsons is still awesome but I later found Futurama to be far superior.

BTW, do you remember what happens when someone fails to spell my name properly? :P

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 10:52:04 Reply

At 10/15/09 10:49 AM, Bahamut wrote: BTW, do you remember what happens when someone fails to spell my name properly? :P

I don't.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 14:49:53 Reply

At 10/15/09 10:52 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 10/15/09 10:49 AM, Bahamut wrote: BTW, do you remember what happens when someone fails to spell my name properly? :P
I don't.

He'll let the dogs out. Right Baha mutt

Back on topic, I hope to retire in the golden levels but that's almost 3-4 years away. I'll probably would just settle for the katana and wakizashi level; 44 i think it is.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-15 18:35:45 Reply

At 10/15/09 02:49 PM, reverend wrote: Back on topic, I hope to retire in the golden levels but that's almost 3-4 years away. I'll probably would just settle for the katana and wakizashi level; 44 i think it is.

Bah. I'll probably only retire with a crowbar at best. Haha. Odds are I'll probably wind up with over 10k posts though. Depending on whether or not I decide to keep sticking with somethingawful. Those forums are so much more mature that it's retarded.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-17 06:43:42 Reply

At 10/15/09 10:46 AM, Aksumka wrote:
At 10/15/09 06:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: When are you going to stop depositing and accept the inevitable - I'm going to pass you for Experience >:(
Maybe when I hit level 44.

About a year ago I told myself that if there was any level to stop at, it would be 44.

Cool, you're not too far away from that now :)

Retirement? I think my retirement will be when I get put in a box. I shall be buried with my laptop, with a power connection and internet access, in case I'm not really dead, or I come back as a zombie, so that I may continue to whore my stats!

Come to think of it, I'm having a statistical flashback - it's almost half an NG lifetime since I reached 10,000 Experience - that was awesome. Thinking of the things that I've accomplished since then, I'm not doing too bad to be almost triple-listed for 20k stats

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
snapper5
snapper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-17 12:22:20 Reply

I remember the stickmen films, and signing up after watching the battlefield series

was funny shit :P

i'm an asshole
this is my asshole page
thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature
cheesebizkit
cheesebizkit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-17 14:06:20 Reply

hey all you grannies, what's the word 'round the shuffleboard court?

anyways, does anyone remember the guy who made this flash? I found him quite chuckleworthy

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-10-17 18:31:46 Reply

At 10/15/09 02:49 PM, reverend wrote: He'll let the dogs out. Right Baha mutt

I really hate having my name associated with such a horrible fad from the start of this decade.

Back on topic, I hope to retire in the golden levels but that's almost 3-4 years away. I'll probably would just settle for the katana and wakizashi level; 44 i think it is.

Pretty neat level, even though I've seen a few saying otherwise. Oh well, their loss. It's not a level I'll stop at since I wish to reach the end.

At 10/17/09 06:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: Retirement? I think my retirement will be when I get put in a box. I shall be buried with my laptop, with a power connection and internet access, in case I'm not really dead, or I come back as a zombie, so that I may continue to whore my stats!

And this is why I feel you're a bigger statwhore than I am.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-08 00:54:32 Reply

At 10/14/09 07:33 PM, EternitySpent wrote: I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss spending ungodly amounts of time blowing up those little .swf's on the old flash portal banner.

I remember just holding the Tab Button and causing mass explosions. Memories :)

At 10/15/09 06:35 PM, michelinman wrote: Bah. I'll probably only retire with a crowbar at best. Haha. Odds are I'll probably wind up with over 10k posts though. . . .

You should at least shoot for 10k experience; Level 31 I think. It's only 2 years worth of effort. :P

At 10/17/09 06:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: Retirement? I think my retirement will be when I get put in a box. I shall be buried with my laptop, with a power connection and internet access, in case I'm not really dead, or I come back as a zombie, so that I may continue to whore my stats!

What, you aren't going to let Coop84 carry on the legacy?

At 10/17/09 06:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I really hate having my name associated with such a horrible fad from the start of this decade.

You know when I first came across your name a long time ago, I actually thought it was derived from it. As you can tell I don't play Final Fantasy. :P

Pretty neat level, even though I've seen a few saying otherwise. Oh well, their loss. It's not a level I'll stop at since I wish to reach the end.

Yeah if the admins don't tack on another 40 more levels. You'll be collecting a pension by the time you reach The End.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-08 18:47:40 Reply

I remember waiting 10 minutes for a .swf to load, the flash would load in a silly place and LegendaryFrog and Knox were popular.

you youngsters have no appreciation for the classics.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-09 07:34:04 Reply

At 10/17/09 06:31 PM, Bahamut wrote:
And this is why I feel you're a bigger statwhore than I am.

Stop! Stop flattering me!

We'll see. Maybe I'll even agree with you when I pass you for B/P in about a year's time :P

At 11/8/09 12:54 AM, reverend wrote:

I get the feeling that my offspring would be something along the lines of Coop11, Coop12 or Coop13 ;)

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-09 10:12:26 Reply

At 11/8/09 12:54 AM, reverend wrote:
At 10/15/09 06:35 PM, michelinman wrote: Bah. I'll probably only retire with a crowbar at best. Haha. Odds are I'll probably wind up with over 10k posts though. . . .
You should at least shoot for 10k experience; Level 31 I think. It's only 2 years worth of effort. :P

Meh. I might end up going a lot further than I think I will. If I got on enough to get 10k exp then I'd definitely be quad listed by the time I retired, so it's a possibility. I'm not writing 10,000 reviews though. Haha.

Please. If they share the same IP at the same house, Coop would beat him to all the UJ flashes and the poor kid would never get any BP points. He'd be running NG through a proxy for the first 4 years. :P

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-10 05:08:26 Reply

At 11/9/09 10:12 AM, michelinman wrote: Please. If they share the same IP at the same house, Coop would beat him to all the UJ flashes and the poor kid would never get any BP points. He'd be running NG through a proxy for the first 4 years. :P

If that were to happen, I think I'd at least pay for a second internet connection, even if it was only a mobile internet dongle thingy. You darned kids and your new found technowotsits!

I've actually considered handing Coop83 over to my first born - sort of a family legacy, if you will :P

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-10 08:10:05 Reply

At 11/8/09 06:47 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: I remember waiting 10 minutes for a .swf to load, the flash would load in a silly place and LegendaryFrog and Knox were popular.

Ask and ye shall receive - Knox is back in the Portal today!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Ng Old Peoples Home 2009-11-10 10:23:40 Reply

At 11/9/09 10:12 AM, michelinman wrote: Meh. I might end up going a lot further than I think I will. If I got on enough to get 10k exp then I'd definitely be quad listed by the time I retired, so it's a possibility. I'm not writing 10,000 reviews though. Haha.

10,000 Reviews is just insane. That's what? nearly 2% of the portal with only .2% of it being actually watchable. It would be hard to do without being caught for being repetitive and spammy nowadays. Lame review mods. :P

At 11/10/09 08:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Ask and ye shall receive - Knox is back in the Portal today!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 7537

Talk about timing:

"Congratulations! Your vote was the last vote needed for this submission to be protected!"

Damn whipper snappers doing away with the old protect movie. I miss watching it along with the blam one.

BBS Signature