Reviews for "Uirdz"

I get stuck, damn!

When I started playing this game with the thought that maybe I can at least get one medal, I didn't even dream that I would get all of the target times. I didn't think I could do it.

And then the longer I played, the better I got. To the point that I thought "hey, maybe I actually CAN have all of the medals". I didn't give up, despite so many levels. I tried and I tried, and finally, I did it. I've beaten the game with 100% completion. I feel strange, when I think of it all. Thanks to your game, I certainly improved a mouse + keyboard skill.

The game can be frustrating, unfair, and exhausting, but at the same time, the challenges are... fun, which is rare. And thanks the humor, the failings are not as frustrating as the would otherwise.

But damn, I need a glass of water now.

I needed walkthrough maybe only for one or two levels. And the biggest chore were the levels 18 and secret levels 3 and 4.

And if someone wonders, the button in level 19 removes the blockade in level 13, that appears if you fail said level. It might sound obvious, but I'd rather write it anyway.

how do you kill the boss

MAN, THIS IS SO REFRESHING.
I rushed through this game so easily i can't believe other people think it's hard. Feels good.

Okay review, well, you probably won't read this so technically i't wouldn't really matter. But here you go.
I think there are two things where you nailed it with this game. First, it's the concept. Quite original, and a nice way to combine platforming with puzzle elements. Adding new words to play with after some levels, and with others which had a really interesting idea.(Like the huge ****, or the triple bomb) Overall, you had cool levels, cool gameplay and you mixed them with a cool flow.

Now, the second thing, which is the true "way of winning", to say the least, it's the "pixel grid", where you place your words, and where the platforms are. Maybe it's just a way of cheating, and just to avoy errors while putting the words, but it added a whole new perspective to the platformer, where you would never just jump, drop or flip without knowing before hand if your placement of words was correct, making the puzzle part more interesting and the platforming part less annoying. (Like... How to flip without dying. How to fall from a block and get pass a group of spikes. Where the bomb would make most danger.) So, cool.

About the bad stuff. Well, too short... And.. That reminds me i still haven't beat the boss. What the hell are you supposed to do? I tried lots of things but i always end up dying.

Well, there you go, i wrote some stuff, hope you enjoyed it. Oh, yeah one last thing, when trapped by three blocks: above, below and side, you can STILL make a jump and rise. I remember a level where i thought you had to do this twice, but at the end of the level i had some words unused, so i guess i was supposed to just jump and those spaces where to put words...?

Ok, now i'm done. (¡And Cool music!)

paste42 responds:

First, thanks for the great review!

To answer your question about the boss, there's a moment where he leaves himself vulnerable; a carefully placed word may damage him then.

As for the level you were talking about, you are right; those are places to put words, but there may be a circumstance where you'd have to make one of those type of jumps...

pretty good game