Reviews for "Uirdz"

how do you kill the boss

MAN, THIS IS SO REFRESHING.
I rushed through this game so easily i can't believe other people think it's hard. Feels good.

Okay review, well, you probably won't read this so technically i't wouldn't really matter. But here you go.
I think there are two things where you nailed it with this game. First, it's the concept. Quite original, and a nice way to combine platforming with puzzle elements. Adding new words to play with after some levels, and with others which had a really interesting idea.(Like the huge ****, or the triple bomb) Overall, you had cool levels, cool gameplay and you mixed them with a cool flow.

Now, the second thing, which is the true "way of winning", to say the least, it's the "pixel grid", where you place your words, and where the platforms are. Maybe it's just a way of cheating, and just to avoy errors while putting the words, but it added a whole new perspective to the platformer, where you would never just jump, drop or flip without knowing before hand if your placement of words was correct, making the puzzle part more interesting and the platforming part less annoying. (Like... How to flip without dying. How to fall from a block and get pass a group of spikes. Where the bomb would make most danger.) So, cool.

About the bad stuff. Well, too short... And.. That reminds me i still haven't beat the boss. What the hell are you supposed to do? I tried lots of things but i always end up dying.

Well, there you go, i wrote some stuff, hope you enjoyed it. Oh, yeah one last thing, when trapped by three blocks: above, below and side, you can STILL make a jump and rise. I remember a level where i thought you had to do this twice, but at the end of the level i had some words unused, so i guess i was supposed to just jump and those spaces where to put words...?

Ok, now i'm done. (¡And Cool music!)

paste42 responds:

First, thanks for the great review!

To answer your question about the boss, there's a moment where he leaves himself vulnerable; a carefully placed word may damage him then.

As for the level you were talking about, you are right; those are places to put words, but there may be a circumstance where you'd have to make one of those type of jumps...

pretty good game

Fun game good idea couldn't beat "trick or treat" though.

I only found one secret level before I stopped (and yes it sucked). But I did beat it haha. Pretty entertaining game. Controls seemed responsive, and mistakes seemed to be my own (which is great in a puzzle game). I got most of my target times for the levels I played. I would have liked to have some story elements in the game as to what I was doing or trying to accomplish outside of just beating a puzzle game. I liked the taunting text boxes though, it almost gave me a portal feel. I just would have liked to tie something to those text boxes, but possibly I just didn't play far enough.

As some might have inferred I did quit before beating the game, but don't take this as the game wasn't good, I just got sucked back into doing something for a friend. I will come back and beat this at another time.