Reviews for "They Came From Nam"

Not too Shabby

For a 3 day game It's not too shabby. Music's good and your completely insane concept Isn't that bad either.. Burning Giraffe shooting fire balls at paper air planes from Nam? I say Yes! Good job

Thanks!

Goofy

and fairly difficult.

It was a day just like any other. Bombarded by wave after wave of mindless junk in a sea called Newgrounds I was soon to discover the source of all that kept me entertained in my currently jobless life. Years had passed by like cars on the highway and I, a lowly vagabond, gazed thoughtlessly into the flowing colors wanting to be swept away by the whirlwind of joy, anger and apathy they produced. I wanted, I needed, I craved it, but then I discovered the truth which had lain beneath the veil, engulfed by shadows for so long.

THEY CAME FROM NAM!

Manly-Chicken responds:

This is singlehandedly the best review on this game so far.

for 3 days

it was good. everything was, just it took forever for the fireballls to shoot and they planes had a lot of lives

thanks!

It's alright

Maybe it's just me, but I found this piece an absolute bitch to control and the way that things stacked up with hordes of enemies attacking you at the Boss Stage kind of discouraged me. The charging after every shot was inspired and easy enough to get, but having to stack charge when there are more than three enemies on the screen doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre.

The graphics are well designed and quirky, the music addictive and effective, while the rest of the piece just really brings it all together. In short, I can see why you placed, but if I'm honest, 3rd seems a little low. Perhaps there were other people like me on the panel that failed while playing as well, who knows?

The plot was well written, though I would have liked to see something with voices at the start, as opposed to a 1980s Streets of Rage style introduction - perhaps a little lip sync along with it would help to give this part more impetus and make less people skip.

I'd have preferred keyboard controls and not having to charge the weapon, though I can see why you did this - to get away from the convention of these things having "auto-fire" and powerups that modify or boost this ability. From where you stand, this makes sense, but I still would have preferred it to have not had the trend bucked.

[Review Request Club]

Manly-Chicken responds:

Honestly, if we placed higher than Meaty Boner or Butchebugs, a mob of pissed off Newgrounders would have descended on the Newgrounds office, and start a riot (as you can see from the reviews) and also, AustinBreed said he "loved everything about this game" so it was probably Tom who made us not place higher or something.

Nice, simple game. Fun and addicting :)