Reviews for "They Came From Nam"

haushuash

its a cool game and the 1st boss i loved (The only that i saw XD)only dont like the music its a little annoying next game put a on off :D

press - and =

it's too fast

but i find it hard in i like hard and in only 72 hours zweet nice job manly chicken

Manly-Chicken responds:

That's thanks Manly-Chicken, Nonplusultra, Pjorg, and Shleif! It was a team effort!

EPIC WIN

EPIC WIN!!!1 this game is the shit i lol so much 3 days epic epic epic epic epic epic just epic

Manly-Chicken responds:

I don't get it... Did you think this game was epic?

Where is the rest...

... of the body?!
I really love this game because... THERE IS A BURNING FLYING GIRAFFE HEAD!!! Holy ****! This is awesome! %u2665
I killed all bosses now 3 times but i don´t know what is the secret medal is...
The graphics are funny. The music is okay, maybe more differences, but i think it´s hard to make 1 mio different sounds in 72h. The gameplay is good, but it would be a little better if you can charge more that you can shoot through the red/blue enemies. Btw it is only me or it is normal that i take no damage from the blue enemies? They never hit exactly, they die before i took damage. I ignored them the whole time.
The story is... wtf... i don´t get it, but it is a burning giraffe! This is story enough!
10/10 and 5/5 and favourite!

Greetings %u2665

PS: Maybe a lil hint for the secret medal?

HINT: It's really hard.

Favorited

-This game is honestly captivating. I bookmarked this game since I didn't have time during the game jam but I just got some free time today so I decided to play it. Read through the author comments and when I saw that it was difficult I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Damn, after the first try I barely got through a few enemies before I was decapitated.

-But even practice does not make perfect as i'm still struggling with the boss but that's what makes it so captivating to me. You guys didn't bow down to the needs of the masses who wanted easy but fun gameplay. No, you went forth with putting together a game that would challenge even some of the best gamers newgrounds has to offer. I like that and it's kept me entertained for a long time even though i'm not all that good at it.

-With the time constraints that you guys had it's no suprise that the storyline wasn't fleshed out a ton but what you have is enough to get us into Sgt Rambo Giraffes struggles and make us want to get revenge. Lovely pixel art and some interesting enemies thrown in and you have a great game. No suprise that this recieved third place in the contest. Now to get back and see if I can succeed.

Manly-Chicken responds:

This is probably my favorite review that I have gotten so far! It was long, detailed, and touched all the main points. THANKS!