Reviews for "Depict1"

DepictOne, Deception, Poetic End.
nicely done

I am not someone who thrives under taunting. I'm not someone who is defiant when people say "you can't". I'm that filthy casual that says, "Fine then!" and walks away. I had already tried Unloved and for me, a know-it-all narrator was not an asset.

Depict 1 is the first game to delight and demean me in the best ways. From the very beginning, the cleverness of the game is to listen first and disregard. It is the first to give me a foreboding adversary that I knew I could take on. It is the very few game that I kept at trying to beat on my own, and Xerus ought to know that he has done what no other author was able to do for me- welcome me to accept a challenge.

Thank you for the beauty and the careful writing. All the best!

Amazing game, but I'm gonna have to cut down on an old comment by Nula.

That is some hardcore projecting, man. The game makes no actual reference to anything you said aside from the shadowy figure being part of the main character, which is hardly compelling evidence for an allegory about depression or addiction or whatever some such. The game is very clearly about the comparisons between freedom and the risk that comes with it or confinement and the safety that comes in that (the safety being something you completely neglected to address despite it being a pretty big player in the narrative of the game).

Freedom comes with, as it pretty much implies, free will. Free will is often glorified and adored whilst we ignore the consequences that will brings. We will make the wrong choices sometimes. We'll be subject to outside forces we have no control over. We'll encounter horrible things because the very nature of freedom is a chaotic and ever changing landscape. The main character is of the opinion that the freedom of the self is worth these possible mishaps and the risks involved.

Confinement is what the narrator drives towards to instead. Why? Because it's safer to be in the cage. To be locked in means nothing can come in and get you, obviously. Outside forces have less of a chance to seep in through the walls. If someone makes choices for you, you don't have to worry if you made the wrong one. If you have no will, you also have no responsibility or expectation. The shadowy figure favors this, arguably out of fear.

Both are actually pretty viable options all depending on the kind of person you really are.

Trust me though, this has nothing to do with whatever problem you're projecting onto this. I'd recommend getting looked at.

This game is amazing! I really like the concept idea of a lying narrator.

Really neat! However the 'Immortal' achievement isn't working properly. I messed it up the first time, but I don't know if that's supposed to be permanent.