Reviews for "TinyRPG"

liked it up until...

The game itself is a good start. But to be honest, I stopped playing it after i fought for a half hour and got that 3000 to buy the boomerang... only to find out it was WAY LESS POWERFULL THAN THE MACE I WAS ALREADY USING WHICH ONLY COST 300! Seriously, put some values on the shop. Buying items that were more expensive but were actualy a DOWNGRADE made this game crap.

LunaDrift responds:

What! the boomerang is a WICKED killing machine!

NOOB!

It is a good game

9/10 cause it is very basic and not too intuitive.

Cons:
The bow doesn't shoot straight, armor doesn't seem to help much

Pros:
HUGE map, Lots of item selections, Easy to play from the get-go

LunaDrift responds:

yeah... the bow is a bit crazy

Sweet tiny game!

Simple, intuitive controls and interface wrapped around a randomly generated world.

Haven't gotten too far into it yet, only up to level 4 and half an hour or so spent, but it looks to be thoroughly fun to explore. Couple suggestions for improving this version or the next one:

1.) Make boat speed same as walk speed. Kept finding myself on an island and having to find new lands.
2.) Description pop-ups in the equip / buy window. Easy to see that everything should be bought to see what is next. However, would be nice to know how much of a defense/attack rating something has and/or bonus stats (Ex: Spiked Helm). Not looking for a wall of text, just something quick that differentiates.
3.)The bow (Haven't tried the throwing axes yet to see if they're the same) doesn't shoot where I click often enough. Ex: Shooting at a tentacle (stationary enemy) and could fire 5 or 6 shots before a single hit. Intentional?
4.) Combo this one with ranged weapons: Button to stand still and disable moving to allow hit/shoot at enemy.

Cheers!

thanks for the feedback

Controls

I love how simple it is, but because of how fast the camera moves, it's near impossible to keep clicking an enemy - please make an attack button instead of clicking.

LunaDrift responds:

yeah... the controls can be a bit awkward. try moving with the keyboard and see if that helps

It look good