Reviews for "Monster In The Mansion"

not impressive

the graphics were primative and poorly animated, the story was lacking in both plot and depth, and the voice acting was so dull and monotonous i wanted to close out halfway through. it lacked any kind of epiphany at the end. this looks like the brainchild of a shitty writer and a mediocre animator. maybe that's why you had to take it to four independent film festivals before it won a single award.

this just isn't good. i'm sorry. i'm sure it was very time-consuming, and i'm sure you're dying to hear lots of glowing approval in the hopes that it might sublimate your meaningless existence, but i for one am not impressed, and i think your flash films need more content and less frivolous film festival name-dropping.

JeremyLokken responds:

Actually, just getting into a festival is hard work. Filmmakers know that. The reason on the timing of winning that "Best Animation" award is because that festival was later in the year.

I'm not dying for any approval. This toon was hard work and I had to defend it, in person, in front of large groups of people. That's something very few flash artists have to go through, most of them just release it to the internet, which gives them the choice of defending it or not.

I'm going to rate your feedback fairly, despite your poor effort. Notice I said “feedback” and not “review.” The first two lines are basically opinion because they don't tell me How it's lacking and how it’s poorly animated? I've got a national award that proves you wrong, from a festival that hosts animation workshops. The rest of your feedback has nothing to do with the cartoon. My toilet gives better feedback, probably smells better too.

My rating on your response: 0/10. I didn't even give you a 1 for effort, unlike the other guy! I will give you advice for leaving a review though, which is probably worth more than a 1/10. Try to examine the story, the characters, what they do and why they do it. Do the characters change, are they different at the end than from the beginning? Once you start to do this, artists will find that you’ll be leaving reviews instead of unnecessary feedback! You can thank me for the advice by leaving a review next time. :)

Nice job.

It was a good mix of humor and depth.

it changed my life....forever

cause now all I want are ninja death flowers!

Ah....hmmmm....okay.

Welp art was interesting, and the animation had a nice 'atmosphere' to it. Thought overall it was kind of odd, but the going from throwing rocks to throwing flowers was just.....to metaphoricaly hippie for me o.O

nice animation

I find it funny how on this site no matter what a flash is always called unorginal. If these kids want orginal ideas why dont they just make one. I thought it was good, the animation was nice. Though the story isnt really my thing i thought it was good all in all. I wouldnt listen to those people who always demand violence because its boring when thats all thats ever on this site. Besides i have no idea what half of the people who hate this flash are saying because well they cannot spell correctly.