Reviews for "Monster In The Mansion"

a bit bland

i'll say the atmosphere generated by the choice of colors and the style of animation was quite relaxing.. (in conjunction with the background noise and music choice.. both appropriate)

this plus the fact that there was a plot taken to completion gives this a 10/10

not because this is a perfect work (it's not even a great work by my standards.. mediocre at best) but it is definitely a 10/10 compared to newgrounds submissions. (compared to most newgrounds stuff this is top notch)

the problems:

the voice acting was aweful. just aweful.. i think you agree with that from reading your replies to some reviews

the main character lacks any depth. you should have developed him more.. maybe one more scene.

the dialogue between scientist and redboy was unconvincing.. needed more emotional charge and i'm not just talking abuot the bad voice acting.. i mean the dialogue itself should have been expanded and a little more thoughtful.

the animation itself was quite amateurish. definitely an A+ for effort and keep trying and improving.

Excellent

Very good flash! It's not often you see something of this caliber put up onto Newgrounds, but thank you for doing so. I can see that the award was well won. Just one thing, that monster has incredible aim!

JeremyLokken responds:

He sure does! :)

THE BEST PLOT THIS YEAR ~KROMECLUTCH

THIS IS THE BEST PLOT I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE, THE ANIMATION WAS GOOD, BUT THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT! I'VE MADE FLASHES BEFORE, SO I UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS TO COMPILE EACH LITTLE TWEEN AND MOVEMENT. THIS IS YOUR KIND OF STUFF! KEEP IT UP, I EXPECT TO SEE YOU MAKING MORE MASTERPIECES LIKE THIS. GREAT JOB, ~KROMECLUTCH ^-^ == *-* == (@-@) ==
-_- KROMEKLUTCH (at) HOTMAIL (dot) COM -_-

assholes.

many previous reviewers kept saying that 'this sucks' or 'it's gay', but really, they're just dickheads who hide behind the security of the cyberspace to make slamming comments like these. i bet they do not have the balls to go up to creator and say it to his face in real life.

could YOU make a decent one? sheesh

anyway, this flash is not too bad. but the message was not really impactful, adding more significant events might help. don't worry it's not gay.

*yawn*

Credit where credit is due. I can't draw or use flash nearly as well as you, and comparativly, the graphics were pretty good here.

However, the plot is very re-cycled. Same story, new characters. Not to mention, the humor was inserted in odd places. This meaning, that that it was very slow, and could not decide wheater or not it wanted to be funny or not. Adding to this, was the realativly poor voice acting. Nothing against them, I would just advise them not to quit their dayjobs. There was no emotion, and it really took away from the story in general.
Good luck with upcomming projects, a fluid story and some better voice acting, and all should be fine.

JeremyLokken responds:

I can understand what you're saying about the humor in odd places. However, this is not a comedy. Having humor in places where it was originally serious could destroy it. I think the story is solid. A touch-up on vocal performance wouldn't hurt, but not really necessary. Thank you for the review!