00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

NG Vegetarian Community

48,455 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 17:55:03

At 11/23/08 04:54 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 11/23/08 03:58 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: and large-scale studies have shown vegetarianism to significantly lower risks of cancer, ischaemic heart disease, and other diseases."
Correlation does not imply causation.

Actually, I would say that correlation does indeed imply causation. There's a correlation between playing in radioactive waste and developing cancer, and I think that implies causation.

However, shabbo has a point. This is for vegetarians, not people wanting to troll vegetarians. So go away.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 18:36:00

Ive been Vegetarian since birth

never ate meat

go me

nearly 17 years vege

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 18:45:47

And reading through i see trolls are afoot

let me say that ive never ate meat
so far i am:

6ft3

15 and a 1/2 stone

At 16 years of age

Second set and predicted C's and B's

Im one of the strongest in the whole school

im fairly attractive and have not suffered from obesaty and acne.

I was born vegetarian as my parents were

they since have moved onto eating meat but i stayed vegetarian through my own choice as i believe although it is natural for humans to eat meat, buying it off shelves is not how nature intended.

if people were to go out and hunt animals like animals do fair enough.

But concidering animals eat buy humans are vastly raised in captivity and just slaughtered with out a real chance its not really fair on the animals, so i dont support their death by eating them.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 18:55:01

I hope to god you guys didn't think I was being a troll when I was posting in here. If you did you need to learn what a troll really is. I was actually starting real conversation, but hell if some of you guys can't handle conversation from someone that is curious as myself than I won't post in here anymore.

Also, did you know there was a correlation between eating ice cream and the number of people that drown? Do you think there is causation there? I don't know why I asked that since I don't plan on posting here again since people see me as a troll. Oh well respond if you want, but I won't read anything in this thread anymore so it doesn't matter.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 19:01:30

At 11/23/08 06:55 PM, Corky52 wrote: I hope to god you guys didn't think I was being a troll when I was posting in here. If you did you need to learn what a troll really is. I was actually starting real conversation, but hell if some of you guys can't handle conversation from someone that is curious as myself than I won't post in here anymore.

Well you shouldn't really be posting here unless you're vegetarian or at least planning on going vegetarian... after all, this is the NG Vegetarian Community. If you want to know more about vegetarianism or our reasons, just PM me or shabbo i guess.

Also, did you know there was a correlation between eating ice cream and the number of people that drown? Do you think there is causation there? I don't know why I asked that since I don't plan on posting here again since people see me as a troll. Oh well respond if you want, but I won't read anything in this thread anymore so it doesn't matter.

I see you've been reading the correlation does not imply causation wikipedia hahaha.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 20:17:17

im part vegetarian i do eat certain types of chicken and pepperoni on my pizza and bacon but no cows or fishies i just hate the taste of meat its not to save animals or anything

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-23 21:03:46

This is a fantastic idea for a club. I became a vegetarian after reading (drumroll please) twenty posts on this thread. I was offered chicken for supper, and I took the steamed veggies instead.

It would really suck to live in a world where everyone wasnt a dumbass. How many times have you amused yourselves at a dumbasses expense?

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-24 15:50:53

At 11/24/08 02:11 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Ah, those were good times! How have you been? <3

Pretty good, howsabout you?

Also, what are you fine people doing for Thanksgiving? Avoiding meat, bringing your own dish, having a whole vegetarian dinner?

Inconveniencing my grandparents by making them buy tofurkey :D

Also, don't forget that stuffing sometimes has meat or meat stock in it, so watch out.

And if your grandparents are from the south (like mine), they might boil their green beans with bacon.

Seriously, gross.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-24 16:02:03

I was a vegetarian for a while; but I gave up because I like meat and it seems so pointless when you see everyone else eat meat. It's just such a depressing world sometimes.

Here's a nice song that makes me want to go back to being vegi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_5Pev_4 4Y

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-24 20:44:37

Yes I agree with D3NAUTIS Its for Vegetarians only, also everybody whp os a vegetarian is in, except you
ClockClock10.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-24 23:03:23

At 11/24/08 08:44 PM, shabbo wrote: Yes I agree with D3NAUTIS Its for Vegetarians only, also everybody whp os a vegetarian is in, except you
ClockClock10.

yeah, i'd say semi-vegetarians are a no.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-25 00:10:50

Want to know why I don't eat MEAT anymore? Yes I still has the fishies, I like them too much, plus I figured I needed the goodness from them.

So yeah, back when I was like 15/16sh, my older brother and his then girlfriend decided one day that it'd be a great idea to get a hamster together, of course they only cared for the hamster for that one day, after that the hamster became mine really. I fed her, cleaned her cage, gave her company, so I may not have purchased her, but without me she wouldn't have had someone to look after her.

So yeah skip forward to just over a year then finally my parents agree to get a family dog. I wanted a dog since our old one died back when I was 9 and I intended to be the master, so when we got this little puppy I basically devoted all my attention onto her. I still fed the hamster, cleaned her, but I admit that I gave her less attention and saw her as a burden from that point on.

Skip a few months on, things were basically the same, and I just had a thought one day "Hmm I don't remember seeing Chelsea (hamster) out yesterday", so I open her cage and then lifted the lid of her little house up, almost knowing what I was going to find, and there she was, dead. Rigor mortis had already set in, so I had the feeling she had been dead for a day and I failed to find out sooner.

Guilt hit me hard then. I felt horrible for having neglected her, of course I made semi-excuses to myself then about how she wasn't mine, but my brothers so it wasn't my responsibility, but it didn't help really. I buried her in our garden, crying the whole time of course - I made sure my dog was locked inside, I had to be the one to put the hamster to rest on my own.

Still I felt bad, and I remember as my dad was driving me to work the next day I said to him that I was going to stop eating meat as a gesture to Chelsea for not giving her a better life - Of course he laughed, my family laughed, everything thought I'd just get over it but yeah I'm 21 now, so it's been over 4 years and I've yet to eat meat. I don't intend to let Chelsea down.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-25 18:23:59

i'm going to palm springs until saturday.

i'll be back, i promise.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-25 19:26:43

hallo

I am a proper vegetarian

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-25 21:17:53

At 11/25/08 06:16 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
Wow, what a story! It's very noble of you to have done that and to have stuck with it for so long. Was it just lack of attention that you feel bad about with Chelsea?

I think so. I mean, now I don't agree with keeping any other pet but a dog or cat, because in the case of cats they have a lot of freedom to go out and hunt, and with dogs they still have a bit of freedom when they go out for walks, but generally they do love being with humans so it's all good. So I feel bad more because we had this little hamster and I just imagine how lonely she might have gotten and I was her sole company but I let her down when I got my dog. It still saddens me a bit to be honest.

I guess being a big animal lover helped my decision. I've always thought it was wrong how animals are treated before they die, but that is really my only issue. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating animals, strictly speaking we do need meat in our diet, we need the protein and even the fat, of course these days we have substitutes, but naturally we are omnivores. I say bring back 'eat only what you catch'.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-25 23:56:39

At 11/25/08 12:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: Want to know why I don't eat MEAT anymore?

lmao what a retarded reason. your hamster wasn't smart enough to actually know you, no hamster is. its just a dumb, useless animal. and no one will rememebr either of you in 100 years so what the fuck just eat meat its delicious as fuck.

whats the appeal of vegetarianism anyway? to save a bunch of retarded animals? cows, chickens and pigs serve no real purpose other than to be killed and eaten. sometimes i even kill neighborhood cats and dogs for fun alright. it doesnt matter cuz animals dont feel pain. so crack an egg of knowledge all over my brain skillet bitches.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-26 13:09:36

At 11/25/08 11:56 PM, MadCow wrote:
lmao what a retarded reason. your hamster wasn't smart enough to actually know you, no hamster is. its just a dumb, useless animal. and no one will rememebr either of you in 100 years so what the fuck just eat meat its delicious as fuck.

Hey, it makes ME feel better. Besides, even dumb hamsters are aware of the person who feeds them everyday.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-26 13:19:52

I'm vegetarian for almost 2 years now. Decided it own my own.
Can I join? ^_^

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-27 17:34:08

At 11/26/08 01:19 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I'm vegetarian for almost 2 years now. Decided it own my own.
Can I join? ^_^

Yes you may, also im making D3NAUTIS, Sensationalism, and Gagsy to be the Vice leaders of this club because they post the most and are nice.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-27 20:22:25

At 11/27/08 07:58 PM, toadshadow wrote: lol you gis r idiot 4 becoming stupid vegaterins.

Only idiots spell 'guys' as 'gis' and spell.. Oh fuck too many errors to even talk about.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-27 22:22:42

At 11/27/08 08:22 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/27/08 07:58 PM, toadshadow wrote: lol you gis r idiot 4 becoming stupid vegaterins.
Only idiots spell 'guys' as 'gis' and spell.. Oh fuck too many errors to even talk about.

Yeh.

Also did he say idiot instead of idiots?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-27 23:39:49

Oh the irony...

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-28 06:32:54

what would be wise would be not feeding the trolls

FACTORY FARMING BITCHES

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-28 06:35:59

At 11/28/08 06:32 AM, Earfetish wrote: what would be wise would be not feeding the trolls

FACTORY FARMING BITCHES

How can any one be a vegetarian when bacon is so delicious?
Doesn't make any sense to me.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-28 08:32:37

At 11/28/08 06:35 AM, Shaun wrote: How can any one be a vegetarian when bacon is so delicious?
Doesn't make any sense to me.

FACTORY FARMING, BITCH

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-28 11:47:13

At 11/28/08 10:25 AM, Shaun wrote:

TREE HUGGING, CUNT.

No, seriously though.
If it was possible I would eat bacon with everything.
It is the most mouth watering delicious substance EVER.

I cant stand the taste of bacon, it makes me gag.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-28 18:33:03

It was so predictable some morons would come around here and troll.
I find it laughable how people can have a go at vegetarians, just because they don't get how/why you can be vegetarian.
At school they were doing that same thing and I just told them something in the lines of this:
"I'm vegetarian for my own reasons. I have no problem at all with you eating meat. So why do you have a problem with me NOT eating it?"

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-29 17:15:43

I must agree.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-29 19:50:26

At 11/29/08 07:16 PM, toadshadow wrote: I cnt belive u gis are juineing this stuiipid.

Ohai!

get out pl0x

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-29 20:22:47

At 11/29/08 07:16 PM, toadshadow wrote: I cnt belive u gis are juineing this stuiipid.

Dude go the heck away, stop trolling.

BBS Signature