00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

NG Vegetarian Community

48,484 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-29 23:22:02


At 11/28/08 11:47 AM, shabbo wrote: I cant stand the taste of bacon, it makes me gag.

I'm gonna have to agree. I disliked bacon before I was vegetarian. Actually i hated any meat at breakfast... sausage, ham, bacon, what-have-you.

also i'm back.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-30 06:19:27


At 11/28/08 06:33 PM, MICHhimself wrote: "I'm vegetarian for my own reasons. I have no problem at all with you eating meat. So why do you have a problem with me NOT eating it?"

because they know we're right and it makes them guilty

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-30 07:10:45


At 11/30/08 06:19 AM, Earfetish wrote:
At 11/28/08 06:33 PM, MICHhimself wrote: "I'm vegetarian for my own reasons. I have no problem at all with you eating meat. So why do you have a problem with me NOT eating it?"
because they know we're right and it makes them guilty

You have a point there. But I assume that's only in their subconcious that they know we are right.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-30 08:03:44


At 11/28/08 06:33 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
"I'm vegetarian for my own reasons. I have no problem at all with you eating meat. So why do you have a problem with me NOT eating it?"

Yeah I'm the same there. I never preach to anyone about not eating meat, but the moment I do mention it, I just get jeers basically about it, especially because as you guys know I do eat fish, and one of the most annoying things people will say to me is "Think about those poor fish, they're the same." Which just pisses me off.

Once my uncle ever really embarassed me at a family party - I told him that I didn't eat meat, and he stood there and pondered that fact for a minute and he's a funny guy, so I was waiting for some kind of joke, and then he said "So what about when you get a boyfriend, you still not going to eat meat?" The way he said it, you knew it was a blowjob joke, and I just went red, and my mum and auntie who were there just laughed at it.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-30 09:00:22


At 11/30/08 08:03 AM, Gagsy wrote:

me." Which just pisses me off.


Once my uncle ever really embarassed me at a family party - I told him that I didn't eat meat, and he stood there and pondered that fact for a minute and he's a funny guy, so I was waiting for some kind of joke, and then he said "So what about when you get a boyfriend, you still not going to eat meat?" The way he said it, you knew it was a blowjob joke, and I just went red, and my mum and auntie who were there just laughed at it.

Now that's embarassing. Another way to say it (but only works if you don't eat fish either, sadly) is to day you don't need animals. That way you can avoid that joke :)

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-11-30 15:16:40


Gagsy you were right about that last post.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-01 14:01:09


At 11/30/08 03:45 PM, toadshadow wrote:
At 11/29/08 08:22 PM, shabbo wrote:
At 11/29/08 07:16 PM, toadshadow wrote: I cnt belive u gis are juineing this stuiipid.
Dude go the heck away, stop trolling.
no u go away douchebag

For the last time stop!


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-01 14:06:58


At 11/30/08 03:45 PM, toadshadow wrote:
At 11/29/08 08:22 PM, shabbo wrote:
At 11/29/08 07:16 PM, toadshadow wrote: I cnt belive u gis are juineing this stuiipid.
Dude go the heck away, stop trolling.
no u go away douchebag

You are breaking this rule I belive.

Chasing / harassing / flaming other users, regardless of who instigated it.

From the rules page.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-01 14:36:53


Let's just ignore the trolls, just don't give them any attention and act like if they didn't even post.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-01 17:26:02


yeah only respond to trolls if you're going to say something funnier than them or are basing your post off their trolling; don't respond otherwise and definitely don't get in prolonged conversations with them. Even telling them to stop. Personally, I find it more painful to read 'will you please go away i've asked you a million times and you're breaking the rules' than trolling I can ignore.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-05 20:10:50


i believe that all who are concerned about the environment should go vegetarian.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 00:28:10


At 12/5/08 08:10 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: i believe that all who are concerned about the environment should go vegetarian.

Yes, but no also, alot of people care for the enviroment but arent Vegans.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 00:47:48


At 12/6/08 12:28 AM, shabbo wrote:
At 12/5/08 08:10 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: i believe that all who are concerned about the environment should go vegetarian.
Yes, but no also, alot of people care for the enviroment but arent Vegans.

true, but people complain all the time about cars and stuff. but the meat industry has more of a carbon footprint than transportation in total.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 01:02:32


At 12/5/08 08:10 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: i believe that all who are concerned about the environment should go vegetarian.

Some people just prefer to help the environment in their own different ways. People who do more than their fair share of recycling for example are doing well for the environment, but jsut because they eat meat doesn't mean they're bad.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 01:06:43


At 12/6/08 01:02 AM, Gagsy wrote: Some people just prefer to help the environment in their own different ways. People who do more than their fair share of recycling for example are doing well for the environment, but jsut because they eat meat doesn't mean they're bad.

hnnnnnnnnnnggggg

the meat industry as a whole does so much more against the environment than trash thouuuuuugh

though i realize how silly i am with my assertion sorry i'm rambling

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 08:27:31


At 12/6/08 12:28 AM, shabbo wrote:
At 12/5/08 08:10 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: i believe that all who are concerned about the environment should go vegetarian.
Yes, but no also, alot of people care for the enviroment but arent Vegans.

Vegetarian =/= Vegan
anyways, I didn't go vegetarian exactly for the enviroment, more for the animals.
But it's nice to know the benefits for the enviroment by doing so.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-06 20:04:59


At 12/6/08 12:47 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: true, but people complain all the time about cars and stuff. but the meat industry has more of a carbon footprint than transportation in total.

True also.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 20:12:20


At 12/7/08 09:42 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 11/27/08 05:34 PM, shabbo wrote:
Thanks, but earfetish should really be one too. He'd be like the only one arguing against factory farming and stuff. He's amazng.

Oops guess I forgot about him, so yes and EarFetish.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 21:08:51


hi I think ill join


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 21:10:55


At 12/7/08 09:08 PM, kittenclock wrote: hi I think ill join

if you're vegetarian, then you're in.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 21:32:44


At 12/7/08 09:10 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 12/7/08 09:08 PM, kittenclock wrote: hi I think ill join
if you're vegetarian, then you're in.

okay then been a vegetarian since 5 and is it okay if I design a forum signature for it


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 21:39:07


At 12/7/08 09:32 PM, kittenclock wrote: okay then been a vegetarian since 5 and is it okay if I design a forum signature for it

yeah, i don't see any reason why a signature is illegal. go right ahead.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 22:29:33


okay heres the signature that i thought of

NG Vegetarian Community


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 22:55:38


cheers bloods

there's a big politics forum argument if you guys want to get involved in long politics-forum-style arguing
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1002 401/3

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 23:08:48


:D a political boxing match, perfect timing *hops in boxing ring*


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-07 23:52:50


oh yeah and should I get a mod to slay the wicked trolls.


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-08 09:02:16


Good to see all the troll posts got deleted :)
The mods are good at their job.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-08 12:52:31


so does anybody like the sig I made it is very hard to make a 599x 40 banner. If ya do and want it you can just post it into your sig, woot go vegetarian'ism


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-08 19:09:45


sorry for double posting but Im doing this to keep this thread alive


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-08 22:49:45


At 12/8/08 07:09 PM, kittenclock wrote: sorry for double posting but Im doing this to keep this thread alive

Hello new member hope you have a nice time.


BBS Signature