00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4

33,095 Views | 121 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-11-21 05:16:35

The time has come

So I finally sat down on Word at wrote this shit out. It's long and my comp likes to be a bitch so I used word in case it shut off or logged of the Internet for no reason! No starting over for me.

ANYWAY! This is the list of reviews I made for all the movies in the first post for the Treasure Hunt post Tom made part ΒΌ.

WARNING! Don't read on if you don't want to either be bored or confused or offended. lol

I watched every single last flash and I have a lot to say as a result. I learned that NG has a lot to offer and if you want to find serious shorts you should diffidently look around the site a bit.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9855 95

I want to start off by saying that in this list I will name each flash then give it a personal rating out of 5 how much I liked it. This rating doesn't necessarily reflect the stars I gave it; it shouldn't! Flashes come from people of all different walks of life and are meant to entertain, prove a point, or at the very least move an audience emotionally. However, a lot goes into the process along the way.

I give stars to flashes that have good art work and animation and some sort of proof that there was hard work involved in between its being made and being submitted.
So I tend to give flashes a 4/5 or a 5/5 that I don't even like.

As a result of this I just want everyone to remember when reading this that the score I gave outta five is only based on how much I enjoyed watching the flash, you may feel different. And for the most part I hope you do!

That being said the first flash I watched was the WINNER OF THE TREASURE HUNT!

NOT! Good one Tom! I wasted five minutes of my life watching Teodor and Gregory be retards!

Lost Farts: 2/5
When I first watched this I wrote down on my notepad that it was worth 4/5. LMAO! This is a seriously gross flash in a funny way I guess. It starts off being funny, after that I only wonder why I kept watching it. It's gross, childish, sick, and worth the shock value. WATCH IT!

Comfort, by noiseover: 5/5
I added comfort to my favorites immediately! Noiseover, the artist, I added to my favorite artists after I watched his other two submissions! His tales left me wondering WTF in a good way.

Bits of Love, by finleroy: 4/5
Although it was slow at times this flash made me laugh and cry! Well, not really cry because it's not supposed to be serious. It could be a serious flash with a sort of underlining parallel to life behind a pointless desk job. I don't know if people are that interested in hearing my explanation as to why. Anyway, I think by the end it's clear that it's all just good fun! Check it out! It made me LOL!

The Greyhound, by plendy: 5/5
By far my favorite serious flash on NG! It's a tale of a pathetic duo that lives a sad life with a happy ending. If you think I am a homo for crying after watching this then you are missing out on an important aspect of life, sometimes people deserve to have there faith rewarded, and when I most feared this flash was going to it didn't disappoint me. I usually don't like Disney endings like this. But I don't know, this really appealed to me.

A Part, by HeRetik: 3/5
Overall this flash has a nice artistic feel. Good use of images and music I thought.
I usually don't like artistic things like this because it's hard for me to judge what I feel the meaning is, and I'd rather have it be clear unless it's the best unclearness I have ever seen.

City victims, by VideoSnack: 5/5
Everything about this peace screams front page! I think Tom should have picked this em as the real winner personally. It's sad and artsy and gives me a feeling of loss by being independent or for those that are. The best part for me is when she eat the pizza! To me it symbolizes the emptiness we are left with after we choose to use others for to try and gain a feeling of happiness rather than truly appreciating them,

Starsearcher, by spectre757: 4/5
I hated the dole looking people but I bared with it and I was not disappointed, it's got to be one of the coolest stories ever told. I like it so much because I believe that it's true that the higher powers that release info to us have a lot to hide. Not to get into MGS or anything.

The Spider and the Fly, by alphachupapi: 5/5
Another tale of sadness and hurt and betrayal meets a rage unlike any other. Why are some destined to kill the ones they love?

Jill, by wittyhobos: 4/5
The art and animation in this are great! It's creepy! I think the message behind it is to use a condom.

his wonderful ending, by WADEMACHINE: 1/5
I HATE SUICIDE! I guess he wanted to know what the rest of life was about and he was already sure about what his life on earth was but because he was so in love. Dumb! Watch it! Let me know what u think!

Meet The Moon, by GodamnDawg: 5/5
A cute little story. The music fits the animation! It's sweet really, again though use a condom.

crispy bangs, by CrispBangs: 4/5
Reminds me of when I was a kid and I would play NES and SNES non-stop! I had a really active imagination back then. Hell I still do!

Cubloid Jazz Monster, by bobtheleprechaun: 3/5
This was one of those flashes I borderline loved and hated. It was engaging but annoying. The script passed by to fast at parts, the story seemed cool, the monsters weird and border line dumb.

skuuk - upside down, by VOLOP: 2/5
There's really no point in this one besides maybe a chuckle, but why was it in black and white??

The Octahedron, by Angelu-Mortis: 0/5
I almost fell asleep during this! I have said in the review that I left on this flash that it wasn't bad in anyway whatsoever except that it bored me to tears. If that makes me a dick then I have a whole bunch of mike Tyson quotes at my disposal
"JUST FOR SUCH AN OCCASION!"
LOL but seriously this flash was worse than Larry's idea about playing a Nut Outside. And it clearly was a flash that tried to appeal to the youthful sprit of America.
To bad I was waiting to see more than the same predictable stuff over and over!

Boy Robot!, by SwiftSketcher: 5/5!!!!
I ONLY WATCHED FIVE SECONDS OF THIS AND IT WAS ETTER THAN THE ENTIRE TEN OR FIFTEEN MINUTES OF THE SHITTY OCTAHEDRON!!! Funny how that works isn't it? I guess it's true what they say less is more. LOL

(Blink), by Efehan: 3/5
LOL why is the title in parenthesis? I gave this one a 3/5 because I did like it. It's interesting to think about how small we really are and how big are life seemingly is at times! This realization always makes me smile and think about the next life.

New Shoes, by AGC: 3/5
Why does this flash remind me of my Granny's house!?

Stinky Boot FUCKERS, by Spinister and others: 0/5
This was the only submission I stopped watching in the middle. I'm gonna watch it again right now! (really) ... -five minutes later-
I promised I just finished watching it again
If it's a flash with a point (and strangely enough I think it actually is) the point went over my head.
But maybe it's actually meant to be watched by a different audience than me.
Give it a try. At least to the middle!

Serious flashes at the top done!
What I learned so far: There's a lot of NG quality behind the scenes going on. A lot of good flash work goes unnoticed! In fact most people tend

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-11-21 05:17:41

hmmm

I posted everything on my user account!