00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

540,052 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-04 04:25:37

At 2/3/08 05:46 AM, Coop83 wrote: Oh, maybe I am going to riot then. I am his clone, after all. (The goatee keeps calling me back)

At 2/3/08 05:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, these posts are the happy little bonus posts :P
Heh. MAGICAL JELLYBEAN POSTS, Albi would say.
Reminds me of the Xmas present bought for my girlfriend and her brothers by her uncle (Who lives in Houston, coincidentally) - a stocking (Xmas, not the sexy type) filled with jelly beans. Fucking disgusting.

You may have mentioned that before, the relative of someone you know living in Houston. IT SOUNDS FAMILIAR, it fills with me deja vu, that whole thing.

Anyway, maybe not. Either way.... JELLYBEANS.

Good, then you're in no danger from the Yankees fans on this side of the pond. BUT BEWARE, should hell freeze over... you WOULD BE. Oh yes, you would be. For there is one thing a Yankee fan hates more than the Red Sox and their fans... their own turncoat fans! #;-}>
Good job I'm not getting into that :P

WHEW.

Yeah, you've mentioned your Denverness. TRADE MELO? (gasp)
They wouldn't... yet :P

Eventually.... all are at risk, yep. Even moreso in the age of free agency. DAMN YOU, FREE AGENCY!

Bedtime? Sexually laden retort? *checks list*

Looks like I set myself up for that one.

At 2/3/08 01:01 PM, Bahamut wrote: ...And here's my second post, which only responds to one line of Coop's, but why should I not reply to his post just because there were only enough characters for the gfox replies?

You're such a wacko. But I'll reply to your reply to Coop in my post with my reply to Coop, because that way my posts will of more "even length" since my reply to you is probably going to be longer than my reply to Coop. Make sense? No? Good. #;-}>

At 2/3/08 05:46 AM, Coop83 wrote: Oh, maybe I am going to riot then. I am his clone, after all. (The goatee keeps calling me back)
Nah, you look more like John Petrucci, not Wade Fulp. Just because you have a goatee doesn't mean you look like Wade Fulp. Sorry Coop.

Yeah, I was thinking to myself that a goatee does not a Wade Fulp lookalike make... but then again, Coop's goatee and hair in general are certainly far more like Wade Fulp than my own. Just due to relative darkness, I mean.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-04 04:38:31

At 2/3/08 12:59 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/2/08 11:33 PM, gfoxcook wrote: But I ran out of times. So I saved the best (my fave two topics, of course, the VP list and this one) for later, and also saved the toughest (LUL) for later as well.
Oh yeah, lots of posts + lots of achievements + lots of quoting = Lots of fun. :D

Well, I finished with it. All caught up as of early Monday morning 2/04. Whew.

rip a new CD I got today to iTunes and my Creative Zen.... and then POST!
So did you get any new CDs this week? I was supposed to get one this week, but the Amazon seller I bought the CD from mixed up my order and someone else's, so I've been given the wrong CD. :S

Well duh, I did say "new CD I got today" right there. #;-}>

I got two Iron Maidens, which I mentioned in LUL, I got Dio - TLIL, as I also mentioned.

The other discs I got were Lacuna Coil's Karmacode, The Who's "It's Hard," and the one I got yesterday specifically was Muse's Black Holes and Revelations. Mostly for Knights of Cydonia, but I already like about 5 songs on it, so it was a good purchase.

Awesome! They're one of the greatest parts of the BBS.

They take such times. ;_;

Six pages isn't too much, but take out all the spam and then there'd be about three or four pages. :)

True enough.

I was just going to sleep when you made this post.

Heh.

Super Bowl? Meh to me.

It wasn't a very good one, alas. Decent commercials, at least in comparison. 4 songs by Tom Petty for halftime. Hm.... all in all, my snacks were the best part. Oh wells.

I haven't played Zelda: Twilight Princess for a few days now. I'm at a new place and I just don't know where to go. The fact that the new place has no map takes the piss. :(

Which new place?

Happy Groundhog Day everyone, BTW! 2/02/2008 FTW!!
Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

Crazy American traditions FTW!

(Can't wait for 2/22/2022... what a Ni-Ni-Ni Day that will be (2/22 = cat day in Japan due to the sound of 2 sounding like a meow there)
Damn, I thought you said 2/22/2008, not 2/22/2022. I was about to say I won't witness that special day. On 22nd February, I'll be in London. I'll be leaving on the 21st and will be back on the 24th/25th (I might get back at midnight since I'm going by train this time). So when I get back then, I hope to see most of the regulars' votes for the March 2008 revival update.

Crazy Japanese traditions FTW!

Why wouldn't you witness a day unless you're dead, BTW? Just because you're away from home doesn't mean you aren't witnessing a day. Just not going to be a part of the online festivities, I guess you mean. #;-}>

Hmm, the name kinda rings a bell, but no, I've not heard the song until now.

DAMMIT, WHY DO I LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!

I dunno, man. So, did you like Albi? If so, I recommend you seek out "The Humans Are Dead" (their robot song, a very Bender-ish song, BTW), annnnnd.... Bowie, a song all about (and by two versions of) David Bowie. Those three are my fave FOTC songs.

Haha, yes, but I prefer to be the first to submit a flash in the year, rather than the last since that requires more timing than being the first does. You'd have to get the flash submitted a few seconds before the new year. A few seconds after the new year is easier. :)

Yeah, I'd imagine.

Well, all the songs have like 3-5 minutes of vocals interspersed with bridges and mini-solos, then 2-3 minutes of solo madness, then 1-2 minutes of end vocal ROCK.
I dare them to make a 2 minute song on their next album.

I think they'd rather die. ;_;

IMO, the only bands who deserve to be criticised for repetition are death metal bands. It's extremely difficult to tell the difference between every song on one death metal album. That's not always the case, however, but it is for most of the genre.

Especially when the singing sounds the same and you can't understand teh wordseses. ;_;

Sexy.
Less than 300 now. :)

MUCH less than 300 now.

You're right about that, but I still hate how he considers Pikachu becoming the new prime minister of England as "Not so interesting news".

That sounds pretty world-wide late-breaking super-important news to me, actually. O_O

You sad, sad monkey.
I repeat, DAMMIT, WHY DO I LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!

I can't even remember why you were sad that time. But yeah... that damned rock.

SONIC WITHOUT THE SPEED? Then what's the friggin' point, man? #;-}>
It's not as fast as Sonic, of course, but it's STILL fun. It's a pretty difficult game too, so it's not just for kids.

Okay.

You have that many NES games? :O Do you happen to own Dragon's Lair or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? XD

No and.... uh... I don't think so. But I think I read about it in Nintendo Power, because I think I know some things about it.

Still, I have a good 40 or so PSX games, 10 dreamcast, 20 GameCube, 30 PS2, and 30 Wii, so...
And you can find the time to play on ALL THOSE GAMES?! :O

Hell no. This is a collection stretching over 20 years, for one thing.

I'm trying to think of a platformer I have for the PSX, and all I can think of is Spyro the Dragon, though, so... O_O
Meh, I lost interest in the Spyro games. I only played the first three games and didn't really liked the characters on them. Also, I've had bad experience with the third game.

I think I just have the first one, so I never... burned out or whatever.

I did get the Wii one, but haven't played it much yet.

I'll do it again, too! But maybe not tonight, I want to get to bed soon, and LUL has 5 new pages. FEAR.
More posting fun, yay. However, there's so much to catch up on your catch up posts, I may or may not reply to them all tonight.

Well, enjoy!

Yes, the thread title was far too irrelevant to the whole argument.

Well, the thread was about the titles of threads and some sort of program for pulling thread titles for searching them... and that's what prompted the discussion of automated NG stat pulling programs that started all the "funs." So it makes sense.

That doesn't sound bad, but what about when you do the final update? You might have over 1000 accounts to go through. :O

Um... I dunno if I'm gonna quite check that many. At least a good 500-600, yes.

BTW, when I first started doing lists, there WERE no tabs. I had 10-50 WINDOWS open at once. Even more fun, eh? #;-}>
50 FUCKING WINDOWS?!?! Damn! I find it bad enough with 25 windows and that was when I saw my friend with that many windows open due to pop-ups on cheat site. XD That was when I was still in shitty high school. o__O

Yeah, you can imagine what the taskbar would look like.

Sadly, my tears don't turn into magical jellybeans. :'(

OH NOE. ;_;

But... but you're a dragon, too. ;_;

Maybe it's cause you're not an ex-racist? Oh Albi, why must you be so racist?

Interesting.
That's News Reporter's line! >:(

Yeah, you've told me, and I think we've been over this before.

But the update isn't going to spring out of my eyes, fingers, and mind 1 second later or anything, so worry not. It might take me longer from the 10k to make the update than it will take from now to hit 10k, in fact. O_O
HOLY SHIT!! 0__0

I gotta make sure to downsize expectations so even at worst I can exceed them. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-04 08:16:31

At 2/3/08 01:01 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Nah, you look more like John Petrucci, not Wade Fulp. Just because you have a goatee doesn't mean you look like Wade Fulp. Sorry Coop.

I shall have to provide you with my picture of me in sunglasses providing the "What is Wade looking at?" pose. That was how I found out that I bore at least some resemblance to him, so thanks to Dez for that :P

Who the fuck is John Petrucci?

At 2/4/08 04:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/3/08 05:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, these posts are the happy little bonus posts :P
Reminds me of the Xmas present bought for my girlfriend and her brothers by her uncle (Who lives in Houston, coincidentally) - a stocking (Xmas, not the sexy type) filled with jelly beans. Fucking disgusting.
You may have mentioned that before, the relative of someone you know living in Houston. IT SOUNDS FAMILIAR, it fills with me deja vu, that whole thing.

Anyway, maybe not. Either way.... JELLYBEANS.

I have found one use for them... *loads jelly beans into sling shot and encourages the squirrels to leave the garden as fast as possible.

Bedtime? Sexually laden retort? *checks list*
Looks like I set myself up for that one.

Zing.

At 2/3/08 01:01 PM, Bahamut wrote: ...And here's my second post, which only responds to one line of Coop's, but why should I not reply to his post just because there were only enough characters for the gfox replies?
You're such a wacko. But I'll reply to your reply to Coop in my post with my reply to Coop, because that way my posts will of more "even length" since my reply to you is probably going to be longer than my reply to Coop. Make sense? No? Good. #;-}>

Yeah, I was thinking to myself that a goatee does not a Wade Fulp lookalike make... but then again, Coop's goatee and hair in general are certainly far more like Wade Fulp than my own. Just due to relative darkness, I mean.

I'll provide a slightly better one, when I gain access to my sunglasses again, as detailed above :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-04 11:40:23

At 2/4/08 04:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You're such a wacko.

lmao!

But I'll reply to your reply to Coop in my post with my reply to Coop, because that way my posts will of more "even length" since my reply to you is probably going to be longer than my reply to Coop. Make sense? No? Good. #;-}>

Damn smiley. Also, of course your replies to mine will be longer than the replies to Coop's. I have too much to say in threads such as the LUL and of course, this thread.

That Half-Like main character (can't remember the full name right now. George Foreman?) is a Wade-lookalike. :)

At 2/4/08 04:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Well, I finished with it. All caught up as of early Monday morning 2/04. Whew.

Was it fun to catch up there?

I got two Iron Maidens, which I mentioned in LUL, I got Dio - TLIL, as I also mentioned.

That's awesome! ^^

They take such times. ;_;

But the wait is worth it.

True enough.

Funny enough, later that night the LUL loses five pages.

Which new place?

I'm in a forest, and that's all I'll say to avoid spoilers.

Crazy American traditions FTW!

I know the movie, however.

Why wouldn't you witness a day unless you're dead, BTW? Just because you're away from home doesn't mean you aren't witnessing a day. Just not going to be a part of the online festivities, I guess you mean. #;-}>

Yeah, I wouldn't be online then. Besides, when I'm in London, I'm more likely to play on Team Fortress 2, the Wii or the PS3 than to make some posts on the BBS.

I dunno, man. So, did you like Albi?

Yeah, that song was hilarious.

If so, I recommend you seek out "The Humans Are Dead" (their robot song, a very Bender-ish song, BTW), annnnnd.... Bowie, a song all about (and by two versions of) David Bowie. Those three are my fave FOTC songs.

Interesting. I'll have to check them out later.

I still dare them to do so.

Especially when the singing sounds the same and you can't understand teh wordseses. ;_;

I'm not too bothered about not understanding the words, but when it's monotonous, then I'll start complaining.

MUCH less than 300 now.

Roughly 270 now. And of course, it'll be less when you do the next catch-ups.

That sounds pretty world-wide late-breaking super-important news to me, actually. O_O

Of course it is. I mean, a Pikachu taking control of England?!

I can't even remember why you were sad that time. But yeah... that damned rock.

For not watching Monty Python.

No and.... uh... I don't think so. But I think I read about it in Nintendo Power, because I think I know some things about it.

I only mentioned them because of the videos I've seen about how bad they are. XD

Well, enjoy!

I did post to all of them, except for one or two where I decided to wait until another time.

Well, the thread was about the titles of threads and some sort of program for pulling thread titles for searching them... and that's what prompted the discussion of automated NG stat pulling programs that started all the "funs." So it makes sense.

It caused a huge riot. I could understand some of the lists being too big and making Wade concerned, but others aren't so big. Also, wasn't that problem around the time Numa Numa was BIG? That's what I read in the thread.

Um... I dunno if I'm gonna quite check that many. At least a good 500-600, yes.

There's over 600 users with at least 10k EXP now.

Yeah, you can imagine what the taskbar would look like.

Yeah, a huge mess.

But... but you're a dragon, too. ;_;

Yes...

But isn't hating humans racist? o__O

I gotta make sure to downsize expectations so even at worst I can exceed them. #;-}>

Umm, alright then.

At 2/4/08 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: I shall have to provide you with my picture of me in sunglasses providing the "What is Wade looking at?" pose. That was how I found out that I bore at least some resemblance to him, so thanks to Dez for that :P

"Pics or it didn't happen" :P

Sorry to say that.

Who the fuck is John Petrucci?

John Petrucci (born July 12, 1967, Kings Park, Long Island, New York) is an American guitarist best known as a founding member of the progressive metal band Dream Theater.

Do you like prog rock?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-05 02:58:17

At 2/4/08 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: I shall have to provide you with my picture of me in sunglasses providing the "What is Wade looking at?" pose. That was how I found out that I bore at least some resemblance to him, so thanks to Dez for that :P

Awesome. Plz post pics.

At 2/4/08 04:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Anyway, maybe not. Either way.... JELLYBEANS.
I have found one use for them... *loads jelly beans into sling shot and encourages the squirrels to leave the garden as fast as possible.

Look, I'll admit I'm not a huge jellybean fan, but there's a few flavours of JellyBelly that are divine. Coconut, mostly. Mmmm mmmm MMMM...

Zing.

WING DINGS.

At 2/4/08 11:40 AM, Bahamut wrote:
lmao!

YOU LOVE IT.

Damn smiley. Also, of course your replies to mine will be longer than the replies to Coop's. I have too much to say in threads such as the LUL and of course, this thread.

I'ma gonna clip your reply so much. YOU' RE GONNA FEEL IT TOMORROW!

That Half-Like main character (can't remember the full name right now. George Foreman?) is a Wade-lookalike. :)

Yeah, kinda.

Was it fun to catch up there?

Fun's a relative term. More of a relief!

That's awesome! ^^

Yep. The only song it turns out I "knew without knowing" was Mystery. When it started up, the synth at the start... I was like "holy shit, I know this song... this is Dio, too? Holy shit."

Just like my reaction to Rainbow in the Dark from Holy Diver.

Funny enough, later that night the LUL loses five pages.

Yep, I inquired about that last night. I'll have to go and see if there's any speculation about who might have been deleted, and if not a whole user's posts in the thread... then WTF happened?

Also, I think I lost 12 posts myself in the past 24 hours. ;_;

I know the movie, however.

Yeah, I wanted to watch it this weekend, but I don't have it and I was too lazy to try and find it on TV. I need that DVD, damnit.

Yeah, I wouldn't be online then. Besides, when I'm in London, I'm more likely to play on Team Fortress 2, the Wii or the PS3 than to make some posts on the BBS.

Well, you'll still be living through the day, so good enough.

Yeah, that song was hilarious.

Awesome. Another FOTC fan bites the dust. Er... I mean.. is born.

If so, I recommend you seek out "The Humans Are Dead" (their robot song, a very Bender-ish song, BTW), annnnnd.... Bowie, a song all about (and by two versions of) David Bowie. Those three are my fave FOTC songs.
Interesting. I'll have to check them out later.

If you're too lazy to find them on your own, please just tell me in your reply, and I'll get you some links. I have 'em in my faves on youtube, so it wouldn't be quite as much of a pain as otherwise for me to paste some links here.

I still dare them to do so.

DragonForce... pop radio singles!

I'm not too bothered about not understanding the words, but when it's monotonous, then I'll start complaining.

Well, those two things tend to go together. As my gf calls it... CRUST VOICE.

Roughly 270 now. And of course, it'll be less when you do the next catch-ups.

It was down to 271, but when I started posting tonight, it was back up to 283. Now it's back down again. WAHOO.

Of course it is. I mean, a Pikachu taking control of England?!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PIKACHU). "A" pikachu my ass. LIES!

For not watching Monty Python.

Ah yes, just like you were sad for not watching original/classic Star Wars and all, I remmeber now.

It caused a huge riot. I could understand some of the lists being too big and making Wade concerned, but others aren't so big. Also, wasn't that problem around the time Numa Numa was BIG? That's what I read in the thread.

I thin Numa Numa was before that. The Thread Thread was in a January. January of 2006, I assume.

Numa Numa might have been November/December of 2004 or 2005? so either a year before or a month or so before, I think.

There's over 600 users with at least 10k EXP now.

Fortunately for me, a lot of the users with over 10k posts and blams and saves are the same people who have over 10k exp, though.

But isn't hating humans racist? o__O

No, it's only natural. As long as you hate all humans evenly, you dragon, you. Albi hated Albanian boys more than other European childrens, and that's why he was a racist dragon. :::nods sagely:::

Do you like prog rock?

Is Boston considered prog rock? Or just art rock/classic rock?

Yes is prog rock, isn't they?

Who elses.......

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-05 08:50:17

lmao!

Michael Jackson?

But I'll reply to your reply to Coop in my post with my reply to Coop, because that way my posts will of more "even length" since my reply to you is probably going to be longer than my reply to Coop. Make sense? No? Good. #;-}>

Of course the replies from Bahamut will be longer to you than to me. He likes you more :P

This seems like an opportunity to bring up my new grill! Using patanted technology, the fat is drained straight into my mouth *sucks at fat straw*

"Pics or it didn't happen" :P

Sorry to say that.

I'll get something sorted, hopefully tonight. I found my sunglasses, but forget where the photo cable was for my camera. I have now found that, as it's in the top pocket of my jacket, for some reason. Hopefully something tonight / tomorrow morning should appear.

At 2/5/08 02:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Awesome. Plz post pics.

As they used to say in the 1980s Heinz Tomato Ketchup adverts - The Best Things come to those who wait.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-05 15:10:28

At 2/5/08 02:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: YOU LOVE IT.

It just sounds funny.

I'ma gonna clip your reply so much. YOU' RE GONNA FEEL IT TOMORROW!

Heh, I wasn't expecting you to do more replies so soon, especially on a weekday. :O

Yeah, kinda.

More Wade-lookalike than Coop. (Sorry)

Wow, another catch-up in the LUL. :O

Yep. The only song it turns out I "knew without knowing" was Mystery. When it started up, the synth at the start... I was like "holy shit, I know this song... this is Dio, too? Holy shit."

You knew that song? Heh, I recently found out I first heard Rock 'n' Roll Children YEARS ago! :O

Did you post in any threads made by alrd? That was probably why that happened, although myself, I don't seem to have lost a single post, which is good since I'm ALMOST at 17k posts now! Ah, it'll feel great to be on the 17000's. It's about time I get out of the 16000's.

Yeah, I wanted to watch it this weekend, but I don't have it and I was too lazy to try and find it on TV. I need that DVD, damnit.

I could do with watching that movie again.

Well, you'll still be living through the day, so good enough.

Another thing, I'll be going to the biggest HMV store out of them all in Oxford Street. The store is so big and the CDs they sell there are so great, I'll be spending an hour or two there when I go...Maybe even three hours. 0__0 That's because they'll have so many CDs, I'll have to think about what I want the most. I have about £50 gift vouchers for HMV from Christmas and spending them all when I go to London is gonna be a hell lot of fun.

If you're too lazy to find them on your own, please just tell me in your reply, and I'll get you some links. I have 'em in my faves on youtube, so it wouldn't be quite as much of a pain as otherwise for me to paste some links here.

Yeah, link them please. The next time you'll reply here, I'll watch them. I won't look out for them right now since there's other things I want to do tonight such as working on flash and possibly watch more Futurama tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

It was down to 271, but when I started posting tonight, it was back up to 283. Now it's back down again. WAHOO.

It must stay down!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PIKACHU). "A" pikachu my ass. LIES!

Ever played the Super Smash Bros. games? XP

I thin Numa Numa was before that. The Thread Thread was in a January. January of 2006, I assume.

No, The Thread Thread incident happened in March 2005.

Fortunately for me, a lot of the users with over 10k posts and blams and saves are the same people who have over 10k exp, though.

There's also about 120 users with at least 10k posts, and of course, most of them will have over 10k EXP.

No, it's only natural. As long as you hate all humans evenly, you dragon, you.

Heh, if hating all humans was racist, then Morbo....

Not sure about them since I've never heard of them. :(

Yes. XD

Who elses.......

Emerson, Lake & Palmer
King Crimson
The Mars Volta (the band Haggard hates for some reason)
Mike Oldfield
Pink Floyd (obviously)
Rush
Transatlantic

And Uriah Heep are sometimes considered as Prog rock.

And then there's prog metal bands such as Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Opeth, Queensrÿche, Symphony X and so on.

At 2/5/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: Michael Jackson?

No.

Of course the replies from Bahamut will be longer to you than to me. He likes you more :P

No, it's because I have so much to say here.

I'll get something sorted, hopefully tonight. I found my sunglasses, but forget where the photo cable was for my camera. I have now found that, as it's in the top pocket of my jacket, for some reason. Hopefully something tonight / tomorrow morning should appear.

So what about John Petrucci? Here's a picture of him with short hair and DOES look a lot like you.

Please don't deny it.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 02:11:24

At 2/5/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote:
lmao!
Michael Jackson?

There is so much more to the world of wacko than Wacko Jacko, my friend. Don't oversimplify!

Of course you're both MAD AS HELL. #;-}>

And he may like me more, but he FEARS THE SMILEY, BTW.

This seems like an opportunity to bring up my new grill! Using patanted technology, the fat is drained straight into my mouth *sucks at fat straw*

ROTFL! I totally didn't notice last night that he said George Foreman. I think I read it as "George Freeman."

The name of the dude from Half-Life, Bahamut, BTW, is of course Gordon Freeman.

George Foreman. :::chuckles:::

Never leave home wihtout a USB camera cable, I guess? O_o

As they used to say in the 1980s Heinz Tomato Ketchup adverts - The Best Things come to those who wait.

Hahahah. Yeah. Ketchup takes fucking forever. Fuck that. :::leaves:::

At 2/5/08 03:10 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/5/08 02:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: YOU LOVE IT.
It just sounds funny.

Wacko does?

Heh, I wasn't expecting you to do more replies so soon, especially on a weekday. :O

I KNOW. I'M FULL OF SURPRISES.

Like catching up on Sunday night, Monday night, and now also TUESDAY NIGHT, holy shit.

Wow, another catch-up in the LUL. :O

AND ANOTHER!

Did you post in any threads made by alrd? That was probably why that happened, although myself, I don't seem to have lost a single post, which is good since I'm ALMOST at 17k posts now! Ah, it'll feel great to be on the 17000's. It's about time I get out of the 16000's.

That's what I was thinking may have been the culprit after reading NEVR's posts about alrd, yep.

So you managed to avoid ever posting in any alrd topics, eh? Well, at least I only lost 12.

I ended up posting 15 yesterday, so I was +3 net, at least I didn't backslide any. And by catching up again today, I've further made progress, so it's all good.

You and your 16k and 17k discussions... I'll just take 10k, thanks. #;-}>

Another thing, I'll be going to the biggest HMV store out of them all in Oxford Street. The store is so big and the CDs they sell there are so great, I'll be spending an hour or two there when I go...Maybe even three hours. 0__0 That's because they'll have so many CDs, I'll have to think about what I want the most. I have about £50 gift vouchers for HMV from Christmas and spending them all when I go to London is gonna be a hell lot of fun.

Awesome. I've only been to HMV once, as the only place I've ever seen one in the US is in NYC.

Yeah, link them please. The next time you'll reply here, I'll watch them. I won't look out for them right now since there's other things I want to do tonight such as working on flash and possibly watch more Futurama tonight.

Okay, okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu 64 - The Humans Are Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2L98gob TQ - Bowie Song

Those are just Bret and Jermaine doing the songs live in concert. The YouTube vids in my favourites of the songs/music videos from their HBO show = removed. Damnit. HBO got to 'em, I guess. ;_;

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

IT'S THE FUTURE!

It must stay down!

DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN TO ITS DOOM!

Ever played the Super Smash Bros. games? XP

Well of course. If it's a pikachu vs. pikachu match, then one is a CLONE, clearly.

No, The Thread Thread incident happened in March 2005.

No way, man. No freakin' way. O_O

For serious?

There's also about 120 users with at least 10k posts, and of course, most of them will have over 10k EXP.

I can't believe there's not way more than 100 by now, because I think there's been 100+ 10k posters for over a year now.

No, it's only natural. As long as you hate all humans evenly, you dragon, you.
Heh, if hating all humans was racist, then Morbo....

Yeah. He'd be King of the Racists.

Not sure about them since I've never heard of them. :(

You've... NEVER... heard... of Boston?!?

Dude.

Come on.

More Than a Feeling.
Foreplay / Long Time.
Don't Look Back.
Peace of Mind.
Feelin' Satisfied.

COME ON, man. O_O

Yes. XD

Har. #;-}>

Well there we go. I'm not that big of a Yes fan, though.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Heh. Just like with Yes, I know they're a much more wide-ranging band than their one-hit wondery 80s times, but to me growing up, I knew just one song by each:

Emerson, Lake & Powell (Powell, yes, not Palmer, from their later incarnation) - Touch and Go
Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart (but of course...)

Pink Floyd (obviously)

They're so much more than just prog rock, though!

Rush

Oh, well if Rush is considered prog, then sure. My Pink Floyd and Rush collections are fairly decent.

And Uriah Heep are sometimes considered as Prog rock.

I was thinking of mentioning them when I mentioned Yes and Boston.

And then there's prog metal bands such as Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Opeth, Queensrÿche, Symphony X and so on.

Queensryche is considered prog rock via prog metal, eh? Hm.

No, it's because I have so much to say here.

Heh.

So what about John Petrucci? Here's a picture of him with short hair and DOES look a lot like you.

Please don't deny it.

HEheheheh. YEah, he kinda does. At least, like the pic Coop's posted.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 06:43:07

I should be pentalisted within just a few months now . . . cant wait . . .

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 07:57:23

At 2/6/08 06:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I should be pentalisted within just a few months now . . . cant wait . . .

WHOA... Your stats are... so... well... balanced! That's really impressive srsly. I doubt I'll ever even be quadrilisted, but I can always try. But first to reach triplelisted status, lol!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 08:11:17

At 2/6/08 07:57 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 2/6/08 06:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I should be pentalisted within just a few months now . . . cant wait . . .
WHOA... Your stats are... so... well... balanced! That's really impressive srsly. I doubt I'll ever even be quadrilisted, but I can always try. But first to reach triplelisted status, lol!

Thank ya. :) That's the way I like trying to keep them. When I finaly get to 10,000 EXP I'll hopefuly be at the same ammount on all other categories too . . .

Btw, audio reviews count too, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 08:22:06

At 2/5/08 03:10 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/5/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: Michael Jackson?
No.

What? Insane, plastic, harmful to children (allegedly) I'm seeing similarities...

To be honest, I can see some sort of resemblance, but it's not as much as I think I look like Wade.

At 2/6/08 02:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/5/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote:
lmao!
Michael Jackson?
There is so much more to the world of wacko than Wacko Jacko, my friend. Don't oversimplify!

I didn't think it oversimplified. I thought that Michael was the definition of Wacko.

Of course you're both MAD AS HELL. #;-}>

Ah, fear is such a useful tool :P

ROTFL! I totally didn't notice last night that he said George Foreman. I think I read it as "George Freeman."

And nobody noticed the quoting of the Futurama? *sulks*

Brought it into work to get the Xmas photos off the phone and just never got around to taking it out of my pocket, I guess.

Cool *steals gfox's bottle of ketchup*

I wonder if I'll ever get that many reviews...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 10:20:19

At 2/6/08 02:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: And he may like me more, but he FEARS THE SMILEY, BTW.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I have gfoxsmileyphobia. :O

THAT'S IT!!

I knew something wasn't right about that. Gordon Freeman's Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine. XD

Wacko does?

Yeah.

FOURTH IN A ROW?! How the fuck is this possible?! 0__0

Like catching up on Sunday night, Monday night, and now also TUESDAY NIGHT, holy shit.

Wednesday night too?

AND ANOTHER!

I'm so surprised, but this makes me happy!

You and your 16k and 17k discussions... I'll just take 10k, thanks. #;-}>

I got to 17k posts and announced it in the LUL (obviously). My 17000th post was spent on the news thread regarding AOHell.

Awesome. I've only been to HMV once, as the only place I've ever seen one in the US is in NYC.

America needs more HMV stores.

Okay, okay.

Haha, great songs, although I prefer Albi.

IT'S THE FUTURE!

I look forward to their Greatest Hits album. XD

DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN TO ITS DOOM!

About 250 posts left.

Well of course. If it's a pikachu vs. pikachu match, then one is a CLONE, clearly.

OK, OK, you win. There is only one Pikachu in the universe.

No way, man. No freakin' way. O_O

For serious?

That's right. It was back then when it happened. I know that because not only I recently looked through the thread, but it happened during my early Wi/Ht? days.

I can't believe there's not way more than 100 by now, because I think there's been 100+ 10k posters for over a year now.

Maybe the mods are too mean nowadays?

Yeah. He'd be King of the Racists.

MORBO WILL DESTROY YOU PUNY HUMANS!

You've... NEVER... heard... of Boston?!?

That's right. :(

More Than a Feeling.

They

Foreplay / Long Time.

Don't

Don't Look Back.

Ring

Peace of Mind.

A

Feelin' Satisfied.

Bell. :(

Well there we go. I'm not that big of a Yes fan, though.

Neither am I, or maybe it's just the one album my dad has of theirs right now isn't very good.

Heh. Just like with Yes, I know they're a much more wide-ranging band than their one-hit wondery 80s times, but to me growing up, I knew just one song by each:

Tarkus blows me away! I sense a Nobuo Uematsu vibe on the song.

Emerson, Lake & Powell (Powell, yes, not Palmer, from their later incarnation) - Touch and Go

Yeah, I've heard about Emerson, Lake & Powell.

Oh, well if Rush is considered prog, then sure. My Pink Floyd and Rush collections are fairly decent.

I only have three Rush albums right now and have had two of them for a year now. Oh well, there's no RUSH to get them all. XD

I was thinking of mentioning them when I mentioned Yes and Boston.

Have you ever heard of their song July Morning?

Queensryche is considered prog rock via prog metal, eh? Hm.

They're more prog metal from what I've heard, although the album of theirs I have (which is Empire) doesn't seem metal enough, or maybe it's just me.

Thanks for agreeing with me! :D

Yeah. Your extreme activity on NG recently has amazed me. I look forward to seeing you get 10k in EXP, blams, saves, posts AND flash reviews. ;D

At 2/6/08 08:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Btw, audio reviews count too, right?

I'm afraid not for the pentalist.

At 2/6/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: To be honest, I can see some sort of resemblance, but it's not as much as I think I look like Wade.

Yay, I'm glad to hear you agreeing with me. However, I need to convince you enough to make you think you are more Petrucci-lookalike than a Wade-lookalike.

Here's another picture of him.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 10:43:04

At 2/6/08 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/6/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: To be honest, I can see some sort of resemblance, but it's not as much as I think I look like Wade.
Yay, I'm glad to hear you agreeing with me. However, I need to convince you enough to make you think you are more Petrucci-lookalike than a Wade-lookalike.

We should start a "Newground look alike" contest! Some people say, that I look like the singer of Blind Guardian...
I'm the one to the left ^^.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-06 14:22:01

At 2/6/08 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah. Your extreme activity on NG recently has amazed me. I look forward to seeing you get 10k in EXP, blams, saves, posts AND flash reviews. ;D

So do I, thanks :)

I'm afraid not for the pentalist.

That's a shame, they should be added . . .

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-07 04:57:32

At 2/6/08 08:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Thank ya. :) That's the way I like trying to keep them. When I finaly get to 10,000 EXP I'll hopefuly be at the same ammount on all other categories too . . .

You've only got a few hundred to go to 10k in all stats except reviews, eh? Good for you!

Btw, audio reviews count too, right?

Nope. Audio reviews weren't in profiles, as you well know, until the redesign. My list's stats were set up back in 2005, I ain't changing them when the list is already over, just for one last hurrah update. If Bahamut does a version of the list, he can include them if he wants, but it'll ruin the 5x10kness.

At 2/6/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: What? Insane, plastic, harmful to children (allegedly) I'm seeing similarities...

Between MJ and...?

To be honest, I can see some sort of resemblance, but it's not as much as I think I look like Wade.

Dude.... Wade looks different in a lot of different photos, but so far all these pics Bahamut is posting of this guy look a lot more like your pic than Wade's pics ever do. Sorry to break it to you. ;_;

At 2/6/08 02:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: There is so much more to the world of wacko than Wacko Jacko, my friend. Don't oversimplify!
I didn't think it oversimplified. I thought that Michael was the definition of Wacko.

No no no, Wacko is the definition of MJ. Easy mistake to make, though. #;-}>

Ah, fear is such a useful tool :P

Fear will keep the systems in line. </Grand Moff Tarkin>

And nobody noticed the quoting of the Futurama? *sulks*

That's what I was ROTFLing at. Great scene.

Brought it into work to get the Xmas photos off the phone and just never got around to taking it out of my pocket, I guess.

IT'S SENTIENT. I WAS STOWING AWAY ABOARD YER JACKET TO ESCAPES!

Cool *steals gfox's bottle of ketchup*

At 2/6/08 02:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: And he may like me more, but he FEARS THE SMILEY, BTW.
Yeah. Unfortunately, I have gfoxsmileyphobia. :O

It's okay, we all have our moments of fearing.

THAT'S IT!!

Hahaha.

I knew something wasn't right about that. Gordon Freeman's Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine. XD

Sweet!

FOURTH IN A ROW?! How the fuck is this possible?! 0__0

Days? No, that was just the third day in a row. Today is the fourth day in a row.

Wednesday night too?

Just a bit! Everything but LUL... which is... decent!

I'm so surprised, but this makes me happy!

HUZZAH!

I got to 17k posts and announced it in the LUL (obviously). My 17000th post was spent on the news thread regarding AOHell.

Congrats on the 17007, I saws it.

Yep.

Haha, great songs, although I prefer Albi.

It'll always have a warm spot in my heart.

But my fave is The Humans Are Dead.

Soundtrack to the HBO show was supposed to be released in January, but I haven't seen anything about it.

About 250 posts left.

245!

OK, OK, you win. There is only one Pikachu in the universe.

There we go.

More Than a Feeling.
They

Foreplay / Long Time.
Don't

Don't Look Back.
Ring

Peace of Mind.
A

Feelin' Satisfied.
Bell. :(

Find. Them. On. YouTube. Or. Get. Some. MP3s.

Have you ever heard of their song July Morning?

Uriah Heep? I'm not sure if I know that one. I, of course, love THE WIZARD. We've had this discussion before.

They're more prog metal from what I've heard, although the album of theirs I have (which is Empire) doesn't seem metal enough, or maybe it's just me.

I got their greatest hits cause I wanted a good sampling of their full range.

Coop would too, but he's TOO CLOSE to see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-07 05:01:00

Oh, just want to mention that I WOULD have posted in here like 5 hours ago... and probably would have caught up on LUL as well... but then I had to go and watch the 2-2 USA vs. Mexico soccer game that was taking place just a half-mile from my apartment here in Houston tonight.

Yep...

On TV this time. Last time USA vs. Mexico happened here in Houston, I went in person with my gf. It was 0-0 that day, but a very exciting draw.

Today was an exciting draw as well, but it went from 0-0 to 2-1 USA in just 11 minutes of gametime, and like 5 minutes later it was 3-1... but the goal was disallowed due to a SUPER late offsides call on the pass like 20 seconds earlier to Dempsey. What a sucky moment.

Kinda let that one slip away, but at the same time Mexico was more aggressive, had more shots on goal, and really could have won it, so... lucky to escape with the draw, perhaps. Especially when ball control-wise and midfield play wise, I think Mexico was kicking the US's ass.

But USA's goalkeeping > Mexico's tonight, that's for sure.

GOODNIGHT!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-07 14:30:59

NOTE: The quotes here are taken from the thread Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life!

At 2/6/08 12:59 AM, gfoxcook wrote: If we moved it into the pentalist thread, then it would take 3 posts each to reply to each other, and poor Coop would get ignored by the both of us (relatively speaking, at least). #;-}>

Well, I'm moving this conversation to the pentalist thread now and I'm sure there won't be 3 posts each to reply to each other.

The main plot of a Family Guy ep never matters that much, it's mostly the little constant random jokes and bits and asides... but that said, I find that some of the plots are just kinda lame, and some of the side characters really get old to me really fast. The Star Wars ep of Family Guy was excellent, though. Not that you'd get the jokes. WATCH STAR WARS. #;-}>

Randomness rules, but for those sort of cartoons, I want a great mix of humour and storyline. Futurama has that along with awesome creativity.

Bah, just watch 'em mid-season, then.

No, I refuse to watch 'em mid-season!

Eventually. I'll probably play more of it within the next 5 years than I play II, at least. #;-}>

Beware the music on FFX-2 when you play it.

Har har. #;-}>

I remember those talking trolleys on those Tesco adverts.

lol Coop

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-07 14:32:12

At 2/6/08 10:43 AM, Haggard wrote: We should start a "Newground look alike" contest! Some people say, that I look like the singer of Blind Guardian...

You're such a lucky bastard for two reasons:

1. Looking like Hansi Kursch.
2. Making the 3333rd reply here.

At 2/6/08 02:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: That's a shame, they should be added . . .

We'll see what gfox does when he makes his final update.

At 2/7/08 04:57 AM, gfoxcook wrote: If Bahamut does a version of the list, he can include them if he wants, but it'll ruin the 5x10kness.

Actually, what I was thinking of was merging flash reviews and audio reviews together just like how B/P were a single stat on your list ages ago. Sure, B/P have been separated now, but making a review requires more effort than getting B/P. So that keeps the 5x10kness.

That's what I was ROTFLing at. Great scene.

You mean from Raging Bender? I was watching that last night. :D

Sweet!

Have you pre-ordered one?

Days? No, that was just the third day in a row. Today is the fourth day in a row.

Fifth in a row?

Better than nothing. ^^

Congrats on the 17007, I saws it.

I look forward to getting 17777 posts. That'll be such a wonderful post count. :D I won't count on getting 77777 posts, though.

Yep.

And more Virgin/Zavvi stores too. I think the only Virgin Megastores in America is the one in Walt Disney World, Florida. o__O Is that true?

Soundtrack to the HBO show was supposed to be released in January, but I haven't seen anything about it.

No, I was talking about the DragonForce greatest hits album. There won't actually be an album of that, it was a joke advert someone made on YouTube.

245!

Yayayayayayay.

There we go.

But there is only one Bahamut in the universe.

Find. Them. On. YouTube. Or. Get. Some. MP3s.

I. Guess. I. Should. Sometime. Soon.

Uriah Heep? I'm not sure if I know that one. I, of course, love THE WIZARD. We've had this discussion before.

I know you love The Wizard. Here's a live version of July Morning. :)

I got their greatest hits cause I wanted a good sampling of their full range.

The only Greatest Hits album I bother with is Queen's Greatest Hits II.

At 2/7/08 05:01 AM, gfoxcook wrote: GOODNIGHT!

Good evening gfox. :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-07 14:47:23

At 2/7/08 02:32 PM, Bahamut wrote: You're such a lucky bastard for two reasons:

"Lucky" is my second name :P

"Kürsch". Umlauts are very important! ;)

Oh, didn't even notice! YAY!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-08 04:45:51

At 2/7/08 04:57 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Nope. Audio reviews weren't in profiles, as you well know, until the redesign. My list's stats were set up back in 2005, I ain't changing them when the list is already over, just for one last hurrah update. If Bahamut does a version of the list, he can include them if he wants, but it'll ruin the 5x10kness.

Not if flash and audio reviews are counted together.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-08 08:44:22

I shall attempt to present evidence over the weekend, as I'm struggling for the time at present. I've got an assignment to build lots of models for a couple of war games on Sunday and I don't want to disappoint my friends by not turning up to kill them!

Getting closer, but his hair flops over at the end of his spikes, like it's lazy. Mine stands on end like I've put my fingers in the socket :P

At 2/7/08 04:57 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/6/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: What? Insane, plastic, harmful to children (allegedly) I'm seeing similarities...
Between MJ and...?

A plastic bag :P Not quite sure how the insane fit here, but meh.

Dude.... Wade looks different in a lot of different photos, but so far all these pics Bahamut is posting of this guy look a lot more like your pic than Wade's pics ever do. Sorry to break it to you. ;_;

I'll find the ones and I'll give you a comparison shot. Trust me.

... too close to see what?!

Also Madness is ended? I'm sad now, in a violently spent sort of way.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 00:54:37

Before I catch up, I wanna mention a cool set of stats:

I posted on 1/31, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 2/6, 2/7, 2/8, and in the past few hours 2/9 as well. That's a TEN DAY POSTING STREAK. I probably haven't done that in years.

Thus, I have posted for the first time in a long time also.... every day this whole week.

And I have posted, so far, every day this month. I doubt I'll keep that up all 29 days, but still. February 2008 is shaping up to be even more consistent, posting-wise, than January 2008 (which was already remarkable) did.... it's time to face facts, folks. The gfox 10k experiment is going to come to a close far faster than even the most overestimatey of us may have predicted.

I, for one.... say HUZZAH! About time I turn on the jets.

At 2/7/08 02:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: NOTE: The quotes here are taken from the thread Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life!

There weren't many of them, so this should be quick!

Well, I'm moving this conversation to the pentalist thread now and I'm sure there won't be 3 posts each to reply to each other.

Okies.

Randomness rules, but for those sort of cartoons, I want a great mix of humour and storyline. Futurama has that along with awesome creativity.

Yes. In spades compared to ALL OTHERS. Who could ask for more? Who could choose any other animated comedy to be a fan of? NO ONE WITH A BRAIN.

No, I refuse to watch 'em mid-season!

Beh.

Beware the music on FFX-2 when you play it.

Okay, I will. O_o

At 2/7/08 02:32 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/6/08 10:43 AM, Haggard wrote: We should start a "Newground look alike" contest! Some people say, that I look like the singer of Blind Guardian...
You're such a lucky bastard for two reasons:

Ooo. I didn't notice the 3333rd reply. Good idea, Bahamut, good eye.

At 2/6/08 02:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: That's a shame, they should be added . . .
We'll see what gfox does when he makes his final update.

Grrrrrr....

If I make it where audio reviews count towards the review counts, then that would be totally screwing over all the people accustomed to their spots based on the old ways... it'd be like if Tom Fulp added new ways to get exp today, it would screw the system over.

Like I said, someone else wants to do that? Okay. Not I.

Actually, what I was thinking of was merging flash reviews and audio reviews together just like how B/P were a single stat on your list ages ago. Sure, B/P have been separated now, but making a review requires more effort than getting B/P. So that keeps the 5x10kness.

That's apparently what Cyberdevil wants as well, and again... feel free to combine them, then, but I won't be.

The five stats on the pentalist are all from the flash portal or the BBS, I ain't suddenly adding AP stats for the ultimate update. End of debate on that one, please.

You mean from Raging Bender? I was watching that last night. :D

I don't remember the ep titles most of the time, but I guess so.

Sweet!
Have you pre-ordered one?

I didn't know we could. SIGN ME UP!

Fifth in a row?

10TH! no... 11TH! As of this post, first post on 2/10/08 for me.

Better than nothing. ^^

And then on Thursday night/Friday morning, I replied JUST to LUL to make up for that.

I meant to post some last night, but I didn't get around to it due to GH3. However, I've still technically posted every day for 11 straight days now, NG-time wise. #;-}>

I look forward to getting 17777 posts. That'll be such a wonderful post count. :D I won't count on getting 77777 posts, though.

Oh, you will. Just channel the powers of Ozcar and ZeroAsALimit, my friend, and you'll make it there in no time attal.

And more Virgin/Zavvi stores too. I think the only Virgin Megastores in America is the one in Walt Disney World, Florida. o__O Is that true?

I really doubt it, since I didn't know there was one there. I'm fairly sure NYC and L.A. both have them.

No, I was talking about the DragonForce greatest hits album. There won't actually be an album of that, it was a joke advert someone made on YouTube.

Oh, right, that link you gave me that I never clicked through to. Sorry, man. But at least you've told me the point of it. #;-}>

I wouldn't count on their never being one.

U2 said for 20 years they weren't doing a greatest hits, and now they have a greatest hits of the 1980s double-disc, a greatest hits of the 1990s double-disc, and like a "singles" greatest hits thing, too.

Now, U2 has more of a varied musical sampling over their 30 years than DragonForce does now, but if they're still around and making music in say 2015 or so, they'd definitely have enough albums to do one, even if "all their songs sound the same."

If that doesn't stop them from putting out albums filled with identical power metal, then why would it stop them from putting out a greatest hits filled with it? See my logic? #;-}>

245!
Yayayayayayay.

It'll be down to 200 by the end of this weekend, mark my words.

At 2/7/08 05:01 AM, gfoxcook wrote: GOODNIGHT!
Good evening gfox. :)

GOOD MORROW TO YOU!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 01:00:34

At 2/7/08 02:47 PM, Haggard wrote: "Kürsch". Umlauts are very important! ;)

If you've got one in your name, damn straight... PIMP THAT UMLAUT!

HUZZAH, MR. 3333!

At 2/8/08 04:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/7/08 04:57 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Nope. Audio reviews weren't in profiles, as you well know, until the redesign. My list's stats were set up back in 2005, I ain't changing them when the list is already over, just for one last hurrah update. If Bahamut does a version of the list, he can include them if he wants, but it'll ruin the 5x10kness.
Not if flash and audio reviews are counted together.

Yes, but as I already went over in replying to Bahamut... :::points up at the "I ain't changing them when the list is already over, just for one last hurrah update":::

:::but before Cyberdevil can get TOO down about it, points up at the "If Bahamut does a version of the list..." part as well:::

Enough said. Plz?

At 2/8/08 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:

BTW, I wonder if that's become Bahamut's new purpose in life or something. O_O

I shall attempt to present evidence over the weekend, as I'm struggling for the time at present. I've got an assignment to build lots of models for a couple of war games on Sunday and I don't want to disappoint my friends by not turning up to kill them!

EV-I-DENCE! PRESENT-IT-NOW!

Getting closer, but his hair flops over at the end of his spikes, like it's lazy. Mine stands on end like I've put my fingers in the socket :P

QUIBBLER!!!

A plastic bag :P Not quite sure how the insane fit here, but meh.

!_! Nor am I, but who cares. EMBRACE THE NONSENSICAL.

I'll find the ones and I'll give you a comparison shot. Trust me.

I'll try to keep an open mind till then, but don't make us wait too long... or else there'll be a whole "photoshop Coop + Petrucci pics" thread that Bahamut and I make here in Wi/Ht? to convince everyone else that we're right and you're wrong. #;-}>

... too close to see what?!

Too close to the forest to see the trees, or something? I guess?

Also Madness is ended? I'm sad now, in a violently spent sort of way.

When did I say that Madness ended? Or was that just a random mention of that that you made because Krinkels has ended his series or something? Either way, you asked in your reply to me part, and I have no ideas, so...

:::shrugs:::

(Yay, they fixed the "::: problem," so now I can use them at the starts of lines again, huzzah!!!!)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 08:42:37

At 2/10/08 01:00 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

No, my name doesn't contain umlauts. But they are still very important, because "ü" sounds different from "u". I don't think the english language has any "ü"-sound in it, but I can give an example with 'ä' and 'a':
'ä' sounds a lot like the 'a' in words like "can", "fan" or "Stan".
'a' sounds like the 'a' in "father"

If you don't know how to type an umlaut you can always put an 'e' right after the letter you want to make an umlaut out of. So 'ae' is the same as 'ä', 'oe' is the same as 'ö' and so on...

Ok, enough with languange-lessons now!

HUZZAH, MR. 3333!

GO ME!
The '3' is one of my favorite numbers besides the '13' which is my top favorite ^^.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 12:29:49

At 2/7/08 02:47 PM, Haggard wrote: "Lucky" is my second name :P

I see. :[

I know, but I was too lazy to type out the alt code for ü.

P.S. Please change your aura. I keep confusing you with Cyberdevil. >:(

At 2/8/08 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: Getting closer, but his hair flops over at the end of his spikes, like it's lazy. Mine stands on end like I've put my fingers in the socket :P

John Petrucci picture #3. I hope you agree with me even more now.

At 2/10/08 12:54 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I posted on 1/31, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 2/6, 2/7, 2/8, and in the past few hours 2/9 as well. That's a TEN DAY POSTING STREAK. I probably haven't done that in years.

WOW, THAT'S AWESOME! :D It's great to see you posting so much recently.

The gfox 10k experiment is going to come to a close far faster than even the most overestimatey of us may have predicted.

Excellent news, and yes, I did overestimate the amount of time you'd get to 10k posts at first. Now I think you'll get there in mid-March, or maybe early-March. :)

Yes. In spades compared to ALL OTHERS. Who could ask for more? Who could choose any other animated comedy to be a fan of? NO ONE WITH A BRAIN.

Crackman.

Fair enough gfox. :)

That's apparently what Cyberdevil wants as well, and again... feel free to combine them, then, but I won't be.

I'll combine them. When someone reaches 10k audio reviews, I'd then think about splitting the reviews up.

I know the titles very well after looking at the DVD boxes to see which episode is where.

I didn't know we could. SIGN ME UP!

Done. I pre-ordered for you. :P

Oh, now this has been fucked up. :S

And then on Thursday night/Friday morning, I replied JUST to LUL to make up for that.

I noticed that, lol.

I meant to post some last night, but I didn't get around to it due to GH3. However, I've still technically posted every day for 11 straight days now, NG-time wise. #;-}>

NG and GMT time zones are confusing me right now. :S

Oh, you will. Just channel the powers of Ozcar and ZeroAsALimit, my friend, and you'll make it there in no time attal.

Nope, I don't have that sort of powers. Besides, I'm better off working on flash rather than making hundreds of posts on the BBS.

If that doesn't stop them from putting out albums filled with identical power metal, then why would it stop them from putting out a greatest hits filled with it? See my logic? #;-}>

There's a 4CD Cannibal Corpse greatest hits album. And I'm pretty sure every song on it sounds the same. XD

You've made 30 posts last night? :O The last time I was able to make that much in one day was back in 2006.

GOOD MORROW TO YOU!

Good afternoon/evening.

Here's the damn picture, Coop.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 18:46:42

At 2/10/08 12:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
I know, but I was too lazy to type out the alt code for ü.

Easy. Just install german keyboard drivers, than switch keyboard layouts in Windows and hit the key with the '{' on it. This should give you an 'ü' ;) .

P.S. Please change your aura. I keep confusing you with Cyberdevil. >:(

I will change my aura when I level up to Level 31. This is in 50 days if I don't miss any deposit. But probably Cyberdevil will level up before I do, so you won't confusig me with him any more in less than 50 days, I guess ;) .

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 22:45:24

At 2/10/08 08:42 AM, Haggard wrote:
No, my name doesn't contain umlauts.

... Okay, I think something about my post was lost in your translation of it, sir. #;-}>

By "you," I wasn't referring to YOU specifically, that was the "general you," as in "If ONE (anyone) has an umlaut in their name, then damn straight, they should totally show off that bad-ass umlaut, it kicks ass!"

You see, I was complimenting that musician's name that you guys are talking about, and also joining you in slyly joking with Bahamut (I believe it was he who left the umlaut off in the first place, at least?).

.... so anyway, nothing to do with you, so... O_o

But they are still very important, because "ü" sounds different from "u". I don't think the english language has any "ü"-sound in it, but I can give an example with 'ä' and 'a':
'ä' sounds a lot like the 'a' in words like "can", "fan" or "Stan".
'a' sounds like the 'a' in "father"

If you don't know how to type an umlaut you can always put an 'e' right after the letter you want to make an umlaut out of. So 'ae' is the same as 'ä', 'oe' is the same as 'ö' and so on...

Ok, enough with languange-lessons now!

Well, you gave me a technical linguistics lesson, and I gave you a bit of a "subtle meanings hiding behind casual English semantics" lesson up there, so we're all even now. #;-}>

GO ME!
The '3' is one of my favorite numbers besides the '13' which is my top favorite ^^.

My gf loves 13, too. She was born on the 13th of September, so that may have something to do with it.

Do you like it because so many hate it, or do you have a personal reason like she does to like it?

At 2/10/08 12:29 PM, Bahamut wrote: I know, but I was too lazy to type out the alt code for ü.

YOU RAT BASTARD! :::slaps you with a dainty upper-class glove of sorts:::

At 2/10/08 12:54 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I posted on 1/31, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 2/6, 2/7, 2/8, and in the past few hours 2/9 as well. That's a TEN DAY POSTING STREAK. I probably haven't done that in years.
WOW, THAT'S AWESOME! :D It's great to see you posting so much recently.

I know, it's great to see me posting so much recently, too! :::turns away from the huge mirror sitting next to himself on the couch and looks back at the laptop screen:::

TRIPPEH!

The gfox 10k experiment is going to come to a close far faster than even the most overestimatey of us may have predicted.
Excellent news, and yes, I did overestimate the amount of time you'd get to 10k posts at first. Now I think you'll get there in mid-March, or maybe early-March. :)

I'm aiming for by early-March now, yes.

Why? Lots of badass things happening then.

A) Super Smash Bros Brawl is released (can't remember the exact date, but I think it's around 3/4)
B) My sister's 27th birthday on 3/8
C) The Texas Democratic Primary on Tuesday 3/4

And probably more I could list. So why not add 10k posts to the fun that week? I think I shall! Probably on Saturday 3/8, in fact. HAPPY B-DAY, SIS!

Fair enough gfox. :)

THANK YOU.

Now, you can all silently hope I have a stroke that causes me to be loopy and go ahead and make the final update the way you guys not-so-secretly want me to, but that's about what it's going to take. That... or BRIBERY. Hint hint, wink wink. #;-}>

I'll combine them. When someone reaches 10k audio reviews, I'd then think about splitting the reviews up.

That's an idea, sure. SEXALIST!

Hell, why not just add that as a new stat from the get-go. Remember how I wanted anyone who succeeds my list to make it different enough that they're not just doing the same old same old? Well, a 6th column with audio portal reviews would CERTAINLY qualify right off the bat as a big difference.

I know the titles very well after looking at the DVD boxes to see which episode is where.

My gf and I were watching the eps in order from the DVDs, so that still didn't really teach us the titles to most of 'em, we were kinda just watching it as though we were watching a marathon on TV.

But anyway, during our move, the current DVD we were on (Which was in one of our DVD players) got misplaced somewhere. I'm sure it's not lost forever (it probably got placed inside another DVD case besides the Futurama one where it should have been), but... can't find it. So can't resume watching Futurama from where we left off last summer/fall. ;_;

Oh, now this has been fucked up. :S

And if I post after NG midnight tonight, or else post tomorrow evening.... 12 DAYS IN A ROW. HOLY SHIT.

I noticed that, lol.

Why teh LOL at teh LULZ? #;-}>

NG and GMT time zones are confusing me right now. :S

Whysofor? They're always around 5-6 hours apart, aren't they?

NG time = always 1 hour faster than my time, so I guess it's super-easy for me. Next best thing to actually being in NG time itself. #;-}>

Nope, I don't have that sort of powers. Besides, I'm better off working on flash rather than making hundreds of posts on the BBS.

Yes, a much more enlightened creative pursuit, certainly.

There's a 4CD Cannibal Corpse greatest hits album. And I'm pretty sure every song on it sounds the same. XD

ROTFL!

So there you go. If DragonForce restrains themselves to 1 or 2 discs at most, they'll already be ahead of the game, and far from the worst ever "decision to put out a greatest hits" disaster, at least. #;-}>

You've made 30 posts last night? :O The last time I was able to make that much in one day was back in 2006.

No, I made 30 posts between Friday and Saturday. And I'm making 14 more tonight. I stopped at 9786 last night, and I'm gonna stop at 9800 tonight. OR WILL I?

GOOD MORROW TO YOU!
Good afternoon/evening.

GOOD MORROW AGAIN!

Here's the damn picture, Coop.

EAT IT, COOP! HE'S YOU, BITCH!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-10 22:48:55

Oh, lest I forget.... and perhaps this WOULD be on topic enough to how the Wii has taken over my life and pulled me away from NG so much, especially back in September-December 2007 even more than lately, since I've at least been putting up a good fight for the past month or so and winning!... anyway... would have been on topic enough to merit posting in the Wii topic itself, but since we just put that topic to bed for now, I won't bother bumping it.

I'm quite proud of this, even though it basically means I've spent 100 hours or so playing on a plastic guitar. MY WIITAR SHREDS, BABY. I BROKE THE WHAMMY I WHAMMY SO HARD AND SO OFTEN. IT'S ALL RUBBER BANDED UP AND I STILL SLAP IT LIKE A BROKEN DONKEY. YESSSSSSS.

5000 groupies from 1000 performances, and I just broke through 200,000,000 total points and broke into the top 200 of all Wii GH3 users (those're the achievements I hereby display visually):

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-11 06:29:09

At 2/10/08 10:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/10/08 08:42 AM, Haggard wrote:
... Okay, I think something about my post was lost in your translation of it, sir. #;-}>

By "you," I wasn't referring to YOU specifically, that was the "general you," as in "If ONE (anyone) has an umlaut in their name, then damn straight, they should totally show off that bad-ass umlaut, it kicks ass!"

You see, I was complimenting that musician's name that you guys are talking about, and also joining you in slyly joking with Bahamut (I believe it was he who left the umlaut off in the first place, at least?).

.... so anyway, nothing to do with you, so... O_o

Yeah, I got that already. I just wanted to point out that my name doesn't contain umlauts :P .
And with that lesson I just wanted to point out how important umlauts are, so I would have typed that lesson anyways ;) .

Oh teh internetz! Best place to keep talking at cross purposes! ;)
GO ME!
My gf loves 13, too. She was born on the 13th of September, so that may have something to do with it.

Do you like it because so many hate it, or do you have a personal reason like she does to like it?

I was born on 13th of August, so that's the main reason why ^^.

I know, it's great to see me posting so much recently, too! :::turns away from the huge mirror sitting next to himself on the couch and looks back at the laptop screen:::

No offense, but I would prefer if you would slow down on posting a bit, or else you reach 10k posts before my XP and Saves reach teh mighty 10k >:(