00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

537,685 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-19 18:58:20

At 1/17/08 05:29 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/17/08 03:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote: But we weren't really talking about him getting 10k exp before me getting 10k posts, were we? I thought it was more about whether OTHER stats of his would beat me to 10k posts... but anyway.
I'm happy if I manage to get to 10,000 Exp before you reach 10,000 posts for the time being as real life is interfering my stat whoreness quite a lot lately.

And that's what I was trying to say: there's no doubt about it, you'll hit 10k exp first. I don't post 10 posts per day on average, even when I'm posting like I am lately. I don't even post 5 posts per day.... YET... that could be coming soon. We'll see.

I'm happy with a 2/3 ppd stat about now. Beats 0.01 ppd.
I hope to get to 1 ppd eventually...

Good luck with that, oh 0.59er. O_o

At 1/17/08 09:47 AM, q13qew wrote: l my god really

If you'd just said "my god really" I woulda thought you were reacting to the topic either with surprise or with disdain....

But with the "I" there.... I dunno, you're inscrutable. Congratulations, sir. Closest I can get:

You are... your own God? Really?

At 1/17/08 12:07 PM, Haggard wrote: My ppd rises about 0.01 for every two or three posts I make -.- .
But I've already reached 0.5 lately. Not that bad considering that I startet with a whooping 0.01 when I first posted back in 2005 ^^.

Wowza. My ppd was low when I started posting finally in 2003 after signing up in 2000, so I know the feeling, but I think I got it up to 1.00 pretty fast. I was posting all over the place in General and Where is/How to? back in those days (February to June of 2003).

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-19 19:00:05

At 1/17/08 09:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: And to think that your girlfriend told you that she had put that lock on there to keep from spoiling your surprise. Sorry if I've ruined it.

:::considers breaking Coop's heart by informing him I'm in a 2nd floor apartment and these scenarios he's painting are just... not... possible... but then reconsiders:::

... yeah, you got me there, man. O_o

Well, it's still counting down, maybe I've started him off with... midweek posts again?

Don't take too much credit for it. You've already got credit for at least 50 or so of my replies in the past half year, thanks to those topics in past months where only you and me were keeping them going. Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be so necessary anymore, the topics are way more active than they were back around August and September.

switches over to gfoxclock to post this so I won't increase gfoxcook's postcount:::
... nah, j/k.
You'd better be :P
Keep him in mind, though. Only 234 posts. I can always post with him just to drive everyone else (i.e. mostly you) crazy waiting for the pentalist. #;-}>
I'm not stuipd enough to suggest something like "you wouldn't dare!", because if I said that, you would!

And I might anyway, so... there's really no point overthinking it. #;-}>

What? Sing while you're winning. We're still winning against 23 teams, in that we've won a world Series since they have :P (Including teams who haven't won the world series and only active teams)

I'm just pfffting you saying that Yankees fans have any right at all. You have a right to choose a good baseball team to be a fan of, and you've already squandered that right, so don't speak to me of rights, sirrah! #;-}>

OH NOE.
Sadly, oh yeah :(

I was mocking your sadness over a 8.00 to 7.91 drop when the only days I ever had a PPD like that was in 2003. And my profile never showed that ppd because the average was brought down by 0 posts in 2000, 2001, and 2002 on my account, of course. Meaning back then if I got my ppd up to 3 or so, it meant I was really posting 10-15 ppd.

You'll get there if you so wish at some point. Though you're leaving it a bit late to make us sweat for the 10k Reviews :P

That's like priority D after 36k saves being priority C.

Gotta take care of A and B first, as I've already detailed.

Well, his slow and steady pace was actually eclipsed by mine for a week *shock* Cyberdevil has a legitimate shot at becoming 10k reviews guy #3 by the end of 2008.

I wish him luck, I remember his glory days and to find out he's achieved new heights just in the past month or so brings me back to the good ol' days.

Yeah, but there are still some machines like Afro_Stud, who still manage about 40-50 Blams a day. Sometimes even more.

I GOT ONE. And THAT was an achievement. There were two other movies I woulda switched over to gfoxclock/firefox to blam but they were already gone by the time I even clicked "watch/play" on gfoxcook/opera.

GET THOSE SAVES!
Yes sir! *Runs after saves, brandishing a big stick*
Excellent.
Certainly, Mr. Burns.

Smithers, bring me my bathtowel.

... holy shit, we better stop playactin' teh Simpsons before Bahamut snaps and gives us flack for not doing Futurama scenes instead.

At 1/17/08 03:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/13/08 09:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: You'll be back...again.
HERE I AM! UNCLE BACK!
Um, shouldn't that be Uncle Buck?

But then I wouldn't be back. ......

Great movie.

But we weren't really talking about him getting 10k exp before me getting 10k posts, were we? I thought it was more about whether OTHER stats of his would beat me to 10k posts... but anyway.
Whatever it was, it's now a more interesting race, as you're posting more regular again.

IYSS. He'll hit 10k exp, I'll hit 10k posts, he'll hit 10k in saves and blams... and then one day in hell we might both hit 10k reviews and we'll both be 5x10k, he and I. Does that about cover it? Sorry for removing the suspense and drama, but I don't find any are there in the first place. #;-}>

I prefer sidescrollers, like Chuck Rock and Classic Sonic The Hedgehog.

Latter's great. What the heck is the former?

On another note...

WHEN EVERYBODY ELSE REFRAINED... MY UNCLE JONNY DID COCAINE... That is all.

No, wait.... MY APPETITE AIN'T GOT NO HEART... I SAID MY APPETITE AIN'T GOT NO HEART... There.

You'll have to excuse me, I just discovered the Killers thanks to Guitar Hero 3 slamming WYWY into my brain and I have all three of their albums/compilations now, which I'm listening to (all 40 songs) in order from my iTunes as I post my catch-ups right now and watch muted politics on CNN on the TV. MULTITASKING FOR THE WIN.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-19 19:12:16

At 1/17/08 02:24 PM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, I can't believe how much of an ejit I was back then. gfox, please forgive me.

... huh? What brought this strange admission on?

At 1/11/05 12:25 PM, Bahamut wrote: I think 999999th and 1000000th have the oddest names on Newgrounds. Why would they name themselves as a number, even if it is a specific number?

Ah. Dude, WTF? I don't give a shit about that. Unless... wait... were you serious?!

I thought you were one of the people who had posting funs in that topic I made for them?

Anyway, when I saw what the title of the topic was on page 2 that you linked me to after reading that you were such an idiot back then in 2005 and apologising to me.... I was thinking you'd insulted my "gfoxy" names in the topic or something. So sheesh, what a build-up with no real pay-off. #;-}>

At 1/11/05 12:36 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 1/11/05 12:37 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: D0GMA
ramagi
Saturday
Syme
Nephthys
Shitonastick
Lacie

are all very odd names...
Saturday is day of a week nothing wrong with that one.
I don't think my name is odd at all.

Heh. Did ramagi really not notice Yoink was listing primarily female or female-claiming users on his list? What a wacko you are, Yoinkers. Stop being such a stalker. #;-}>

At 1/12/05 05:24 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: I CERTAINLY DO LOVE HOW ALMOST ALL THOSE HAPPEN TO BE FEMALE AND NON STRANGE AT ALL
well..minus mine. cause..Cmon. You know I win.

I'm glad to see SOAS noticed, at least. #;-}>

Remember: I appreciate the storyline and gameplay of the games, not some video game character's boobs. It's all about the gameplay, dammit!

We can be honest here, man. It was about BOTH, of course.

At 1/17/08 03:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I did, in practice mode. Hilarious and WRONG.
You know, not even the band themselves could possibly FC it. :P

Yeah, I'd imagine. Unless the programmers designed a special version with two guitar parts instead of one insane 7+ minute long guitar marathon where two guitarists' parts are combined into one hard-ass GH song (who's bloody idea was THAT, anyway?!?)... maybe then... just maybe... could Sam Totman and Herman Li kick its ass and FC it.

OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY.
Oh, that's where they went.

FROM THE MIDNIGHT SUN WHERE THE HOT SPRINGS BLOW!!!

Ahhhh.
I thought it looked stupid when I saw my icon TEN TIMES on the same page.

SO FAR AWAY, WE WAIT FOR THE DAYYYYYY!

More like 385 now. I just posted 15 tonight. How do you like THAT?
Good, good. Keep it up. :)

HERE YOU GO. HERE'S SOME MORE POSTS. EAT 'EM UP GOOD, BOY. YOU LIKE THAT? HUH? HUH? YOU LIKE THAT?

Okay, this is getting a bit too Marc M even for me.

This is a WEEKNIGHT, mofo!
A Wee...Knight? O__o

A non-weekend night. Better?

.... Again... no.
What's wrong with it? If you went on it, your mind would be blown away by its awesomeness.

Went on what again? damnit, man, I'm too lazy to look up the reference for that.

Toocool is a super duper extreme Save whore. XD

Damn straight.

I didn't play the Wii tonight, either.
Then you deserve another pat on the back. ;)

Huzzah!

I played some last night, and I'm gonna do some GH3in' toooooonight, but I'm getting my posts in FIRST. I'm a smart boy.

I'm happy with a 2/3 ppd stat about now. Beats 0.01 ppd.
OI! NO PPD STAT ACHIEVEMENTS!

I didn't mention it as an achievement, I mentioned it as proof I'm being ACTIVE.

j/k I've just been talking in the LUL about how PPD achievements shouldn't be allowed.

I see. Well, I certainly didn't mean to stir up so much PPD talk in here, yet from the looks of the past few posts, I seem to have.

I liked the first two Tomb Raiders. They were fun platformers.
The first two games are definitely great and have a nice nostalgia factor towards me. The third game is also fun to play on since Lara's Home on that game is the best in the series and there were some great levels too such as the one with the trains and the mine cart. You gotta love the ways you can kill Lara on those two levels. XD

I think I have the third one... but I'm not sure. What's so special about her mansion in 3 versus the one in 2, refresh my memory?

HERE I AM! UNCLE BACK!
Um, shouldn't that be Uncle Buck?
No. Shouldn't it be Uncle Fuck? :P

MORE LIKE UNCLE SUCK.

PS1 sidescrollers FTW. :) Again, the nostalgia.

... uh... Unless I'm mistaken, Sonic = a Genesis sidescroller. And I have no idea what platform Chuck Rock's from, but it sounds like a NeoGeo or TurboGrafx16 game or something. WEIRDNESS.

DON'T YOU WANNA FEEL MY BONES... ON YOUR BONES... IT'S ONLY NATURAL!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-20 04:58:47

Anywho, that's enough for toinight, though I may (gasp) be on NG tomorrow as well.

Guys, it's been one hell of a weekend. I posted like 30 posts, reviewed 4 movies, got 15 saves, and of course my regular 10 exp per day like always. EVERYTHING BUT THE BLAM, as it were.

Check out my NG log from tonight:

Experience: 19160/19580
Blams: 36000
Saves: 24832 ]--Total--: 60832
Voting Power: 8.32
Exp. Rank: #66
B/P Rank: #22
Whistle: Deity

There's some interesting numerical thingies going on there. 24832 and 60832 and 8.32... lots of 8-3-2ishness.... and then 66 exp rank and 22 b/p rank is nicely divisible by 3 and all....

And 9642 posts, which I didn't stop on last night prior to going to pick up my girlfriend from work on purpose, mind you.... is an awesome number, I loves teh 642s. Some of you may recall I stopped on 642 reviews for like a year, and then of course on 654 for a year.

Don't worry, I won't be staying on 666 for a year. Maybe a month or so, but not a year. I gotta get up to the 680+ land of the top 100 reviewers, after all.

Anywho... nifty numbers in my log, yes. Time for sleeps now after a little GH3 to put me in a bedtime mood (WTF?).

I might go see There Will Be Blood with my girlfriend tomorrow, or maybe go to the Houston Zoo as it's supposed to be a lovely sunny 55 degrees F day Sunday.... do a bit o' shopping as well. And hopefully have time for more internets and Wii as well.

Hope everyone's having as great a weekend as I have so far. It was a crappy work week, and next week promises no better, so I'm living like I'm on vacation, as KISS put it in "Lick It Up." Ayup. GOODNIGHT NOW.

Oh yeah, and two possibly-great football games tomorrow, too. GO GREEN BAY!

I leave you with this hilarious NG banner ad I couldn't stop laughing at when viewing it atop page 110 of this very topic. This very page, of course. hahahah. Greatness.

Now... goodnight!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-20 09:48:45

At 1/19/08 07:12 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Anyway, when I saw what the title of the topic was on page 2 that you linked me to after reading that you were such an idiot back then in 2005 and apologising to me.... I was thinking you'd insulted my "gfoxy" names in the topic or something. So sheesh, what a build-up with no real pay-off. #;-}>

I didn't realise they were your alts back then. This was before I started replying to your posts regularly...Or whenever you posted. XP

Hey, have you ever thought about getting the DragonForce greatest hits CD? :D

HERE YOU GO. HERE'S SOME MORE POSTS. EAT 'EM UP GOOD, BOY. YOU LIKE THAT? HUH? HUH? YOU LIKE THAT?

HOLY SHIT! 351 POSTS TO GO!

What's a Wee Knight anyway? :P

Went on what again? damnit, man, I'm too lazy to look up the reference for that.

The Oblivion at Alton Towers, of course.

I played some last night, and I'm gonna do some GH3in' toooooonight, but I'm getting my posts in FIRST. I'm a smart boy.

THROUGH THE FIRE AND TEH FLAMES WE CARRY ON!!

I didn't mention it as an achievement, I mentioned it as proof I'm being ACTIVE.

I know. ;)

I think I have the third one... but I'm not sure. What's so special about her mansion in 3 versus the one in 2, refresh my memory?

What the mansion in 3 had:

-Quad bike track rather than that maze from II.
-Small library containing several artefacts such as the Dagger of Xion and what looks like a Scion broken in pieces. XD
-The return of the movement training in the Ball room from the first game.
-Fun places to go from climbing up a chimney.
-The more challenging Assault course from II.
-Able to shoot the butler with your pistols. Or even better, be able to shoot the butler WITHOUT his armour by using a certain glitch on the game. What you have to do is die on one of the levels on the main game and then go to Lara's Home and whoila, you have all your weapons from your main game. You can select the weapons other than Pistols, but that really fucks up your control over Lara. XD

... uh... Unless I'm mistaken, Sonic = a Genesis sidescroller. And I have no idea what platform Chuck Rock's from, but it sounds like a NeoGeo or TurboGrafx16 game or something. WEIRDNESS.

Playstation sidescrollers I like: Oddworld (both Abe's Odyssee and Exoddus), the original Rayman (fuck all the other games in the series) and sometimes the Crash Bandicoot games have that sidescroller camera angle. :)

At 1/20/08 04:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Now... goodnight!

I'm not emo, but he certainly is. ^^

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-20 16:37:08

At 1/17/08 12:07 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/17/08 09:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: You're closing in, every time you post. Take heart in that :)
My ppd rises about 0.01 for every two or three posts I make -.- .
But I've already reached 0.5 lately. Not that bad considering that I startet with a whooping 0.01 when I first posted back in 2005 ^^.

I'm slowly pulling my way back to 8 per day - dropped to 7.9 and that was not pretty, so I responsed with a count of 18 yesterday, pulling me back up to 7.91. I think that by April, I might have caught back up to 8s

At 1/17/08 02:24 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/14/08 08:20 AM, Coop83 wrote: Stick it to the man!
IMA CHARGING MAH MEGA FLARE!

*Ducks into bunker, along with KG and JB from Tenacious D

Well, you can say that because at least you appreciate Tomb Raider games. I never liked them, so I can't jump on that bandwagon :P
Remember: I appreciate the storyline and gameplay of the games, not some video game character's boobs. It's all about the gameplay, dammit!

Good for you, I really appreciate that, but I never appreciated the games, which may or may not be sad, dependant upon your point of view.

PS1 sidescrollers FTW. :) Again, the nostalgia.

Always good - I love poor graphics in cartoon-style games :)

At 1/19/08 07:00 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/17/08 09:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: And to think that your girlfriend told you that she had put that lock on there to keep from spoiling your surprise. Sorry if I've ruined it.
considers breaking Coop's heart by informing him I'm in a 2nd floor apartment and these scenarios he's painting are just... not... possible... but then reconsiders:::
... yeah, you got me there, man. O_o

Well, they've obviously been brewing Grolsh in someone's basement. It's not mine, neither is it me that is having to cover up the brewing of sub-standard lagers.

What? Sing while you're winning. We're still winning against 23 teams, in that we've won a world Series since they have :P (Including teams who haven't won the world series and only active teams)
I'm just pfffting you saying that Yankees fans have any right at all. You have a right to choose a good baseball team to be a fan of, and you've already squandered that right, so don't speak to me of rights, sirrah! #;-}>

Wouldn't it have been worse if I'd have given up on the Yankees, because it's been seven years since we last won a world title? Admit it!

GET THOSE SAVES!
Yes sir! *Runs after saves, brandishing a big stick*
Excellent.
Certainly, Mr. Burns.

Music to my ears, sir.

... holy shit, we better stop playactin' teh Simpsons before Bahamut snaps and gives us flack for not doing Futurama scenes instead.

*Nixon* This is the brass ring, fellas. The planet Spheron 1...

But we weren't really talking about him getting 10k exp before me getting 10k posts, were we? I thought it was more about whether OTHER stats of his would beat me to 10k posts... but anyway.
Whatever it was, it's now a more interesting race, as you're posting more regular again.
IYSS. He'll hit 10k exp, I'll hit 10k posts, he'll hit 10k in saves and blams... and then one day in hell we might both hit 10k reviews and we'll both be 5x10k, he and I. Does that about cover it? Sorry for removing the suspense and drama, but I don't find any are there in the first place. #;-}>

Latter's great. What the heck is the former?

Chuck Rock was one of the first games I ever played on a home computer. Not a games console, a shitty Acorn computer, which could just about handle 32-bit graphics. Of course, this was way back in about 1990.

At 1/20/08 04:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Check out my NG log from tonight:

Whistle: Deity

Dammit! You've got more total B/P than I've got total points! I've got a new goal for my time occupying :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-21 04:03:41

At 1/20/08 09:48 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/19/08 07:12 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Anyway, when I saw what the title of the topic was on page 2 that you linked me to after reading that you were such an idiot back then in 2005 and apologising to me.... I was thinking you'd insulted my "gfoxy" names in the topic or something. So sheesh, what a build-up with no real pay-off. #;-}>
I didn't realise they were your alts back then. This was before I started replying to your posts regularly...Or whenever you posted. XP

Wowza. Okay, man. I believe you now. You really were all out of it or something. I thought pretty much everyone with any sort of Wi/Ht? attachments knew those two accounts were me by 1 week after I'd created them. Go read that old topic I made about them sometime, you needs a history lesson. #;-}>

Hey, have you ever thought about getting the DragonForce greatest hits CD? :D

No times to click the link, so I didn't see that, but actually, GH3 + TTFAF did make me get their Inhuman Rampage CD.

Most of the songs I can do without, but tracks 1 and 6? Love 'em. some of the 2-5 are okay, but mostly I like 1 and 6. A whole bunch. Great highway driving music, too.

HOLY SHIT! 351 POSTS TO GO!

342 after I'm done tonight.

And um... BTW, sorry about that outburst. That was fuckin' disturbing to read... and I'M THE ONE WHO TYPED IT. Boy was I on crack a day or so ago. SORRY! #;-}>

What's a Wee Knight anyway? :P

The Black Knight from the Monty Python Holy Grail movie, after he's had all his arms and legs lopped off and still thinks he's all bad-ass, only now he's all tiny and wee? #;-}>

The Oblivion at Alton Towers, of course.

Oh, that. Yes, I remember now. HORRIFYING.

THROUGH THE FIRE AND TEH FLAMES WE CARRY ON!!

I didn't play it once this weekend, actually.

Mostly been playing tier 5 and 6 songs on expert. I played Black Magic Woman and Cherub Rock for the first time ever on expert this weekend, got 5 stars on the first one on my second try (4 starred at first). And for Cherub Rock, 1st try: 3 star. 2nd try: 4 star. 3rd try: 5 star.

Just took a bit to get used to the main riff in the verses.

What the mansion in 3 had:

-Quad bike track rather than that maze from II.

I remember the maze well, so yeah, I think II's the main one I spent any time in her house in... I just don't even know if I HAD/have 3, really...

-Small library containing several artefacts such as the Dagger of Xion and what looks like a Scion broken in pieces. XD
-The return of the movement training in the Ball room from the first game.
-Fun places to go from climbing up a chimney.
-The more challenging Assault course from II.
-Able to shoot the butler with your pistols. Or even better, be able to shoot the butler WITHOUT his armour by using a certain glitch on the game. What you have to do is die on one of the levels on the main game and then go to Lara's Home and whoila, you have all your weapons from your main game. You can select the weapons other than Pistols, but that really fucks up your control over Lara. XD

Yeah, I don't think I have 3. Sounds like fun, too.

Playstation sidescrollers I like: Oddworld (both Abe's Odyssee and Exoddus), the original Rayman (fuck all the other games in the series) and sometimes the Crash Bandicoot games have that sidescroller camera angle. :)

I've never played the original Rayman. I have Rayman's Raving Rabbids for the Wii, though. ^_^

My fave Playstation sidescroller: Castlevania: SOTN. #;-}>

At 1/20/08 04:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Now... goodnight!
I'm not emo, but he certainly is. ^^

Whozat? The dude in the NG banner ad? Yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-21 04:10:16

At 1/20/08 04:37 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'm slowly pulling my way back to 8 per day - dropped to 7.9 and that was not pretty, so I responsed with a count of 18 yesterday, pulling me back up to 7.91. I think that by April, I might have caught back up to 8s

Take it from me... DON'T COUNT ON ANYTHING when it comes to activity levels. Just be happy you've got a nice big ppd. I'm lucky when I can keep mine above 3.333. I've been flirting with that mark on and off since 2008 began... I must have dropped well below it prior to 2008...

At 1/19/08 07:00 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... yeah, you got me there, man. O_o
Well, they've obviously been brewing Grolsh in someone's basement. It's not mine, neither is it me that is having to cover up the brewing of sub-standard lagers.

It's that crazy dude across the street from me. I KNEW IT.

Wouldn't it have been worse if I'd have given up on the Yankees, because it's been seven years since we last won a world title? Admit it!

Yes.

Loyalty is important, yes. You made a bad decision in picking a team to like in a sport that's not native to your homeland, but... at least you're sticking with that pick, yes. Okay, I'll give you credit for that. HAPPY NOW? #;-}>

Music to my ears, sir.

SMITHERS. Show some backbone. I like hearing "no" every now and then. Because then I can abuse you more to punish you for your insolence.

*Nixon* This is the brass ring, fellas. The planet Spheron 1...

heheheh.

(that was just me laughing, not random Bender laughing, though it may have sounded that way...)

Chuck Rock was one of the first games I ever played on a home computer. Not a games console, a shitty Acorn computer, which could just about handle 32-bit graphics. Of course, this was way back in about 1990.

Ah, one of those superold compy games, like Commander Keen or somesuch, eh? I loved me some Commander Keens.

At 1/20/08 04:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Check out my NG log from tonight:

Up to 19170 (duuhhhhhhhh)...

Up to 24852/60852 thanks to yesterday...

Up to 9658!

Dammit! You've got more total B/P than I've got total points! I've got a new goal for my time occupying :)

You just now noticed that? O_o You've got so many posts about now... more posts and reviews than me... that I'm somewhat surprised that it's still true. But if you'd told me that's been true for most of the past... Id' have said "yeah, seems about right."

My numbers are still large, but they were even larger in 2005 when I'd peaked and just hit them, of course.

Anywho, I've caught up... YET AGAIN... on everything EXCEPT LUL, and even there I've only got 2-3 pages to catch up on (as of now).... so either a mid-week session or next weekend. Fun fun fun!

It's been swell, folks. Thanks for an entertaining weekend. I feel like I really achieved something, being so active for much of the weekend. And still enjoying time with my gf + Wii'ing. Fun fun fun! LATERS! HAVE A GOOD WEEK, ALLS!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-21 08:40:19

Oh, I didn't even notice The Simpsons quotes here.

At 1/20/08 04:37 PM, Coop83 wrote: *Ducks into bunker, along with KG and JB from Tenacious D

Do Tenacious D have dragonphobia?

Good for you, I really appreciate that, but I never appreciated the games, which may or may not be sad, dependant upon your point of view.

Eh, that's fine. But what are your opinions on the Final Fantasy games?

Always good - I love poor graphics in cartoon-style games :)

Me too! :) Playstation nostalgia FTW

At 1/21/08 04:03 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Wowza. Okay, man. I believe you now. You really were all out of it or something. I thought pretty much everyone with any sort of Wi/Ht? attachments knew those two accounts were me by 1 week after I'd created them. Go read that old topic I made about them sometime, you needs a history lesson. #;-}>

Of course, I'll take that "history lesson" later. I could do with that to remind me of some things.

No times to click the link, so I didn't see that, but actually, GH3 + TTFAF did make me get their Inhuman Rampage CD.

Ah, nice. Inhuman Rampage happened to be the first DragonForce album I got as well. I enjoyed the album, so I decided to get their other albums and I really do like Valley of the Damned. Also, the bonus tracks are worth checking out. :D

*Expects some "LOL DRAGONFARCE SUX CUZ THEIR SONGS SOUND DA SAME AND THEY CAN'T PALY THEIR MUSICK LIEV" comment*

Most of the songs I can do without, but tracks 1 and 6? Love 'em. some of the 2-5 are okay, but mostly I like 1 and 6. A whole bunch. Great highway driving music, too.

The music video for Operation Ground and Pound is hilarious. I think DragonForce haters take them too seriously.

Good, getting closer.

And um... BTW, sorry about that outburst. That was fuckin' disturbing to read... and I'M THE ONE WHO TYPED IT. Boy was I on crack a day or so ago. SORRY! #;-}>

YOU WERE ON CRACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Black Knight from the Monty Python Holy Grail movie, after he's had all his arms and legs lopped off and still thinks he's all bad-ass, only now he's all tiny and wee? #;-}>

Ah, that's it. Sadly, I've not seen the Monty Python movies yet, but I get the feeling my dad will watch those movies whenever they appear on TV next time.

Oh, that. Yes, I remember now. HORRIFYING.

It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!

I remember the maze well, so yeah, I think II's the main one I spent any time in her house in... I just don't even know if I HAD/have 3, really...

I thought the maze was annoying. You press the button to the secret room and you could get lost in the maze and by the time you get to the maze, the door will have already been closed. Besides, there isn't much inside that secret room anyway. What I have to do next time when I play on Tomb Raider II and III is have a go at those glitches I saw on YouTube. :D One of them is jumping twice and landing on top of the mansion all of sudden.

Also, if you don't have Tomb Raider III, I recommend you get it soon since New conditions of PS1 games are almost impossible to get nowadays (besides the Final Fantasy games) and I spent £20 on a new condition of that game from Amazon. And then I had a look at the price of Chronicles (this was back in May BTW) and the lowest price for it in new condition was £40. :S Oh well, I won't need to get it, but my friend wants that game.

I've already told you about Tomb Raider III's Lara Home, but the game itself is still great. It still using the same engine from the first two games, but there's new movements and the game is challenging. The only major downfall I could see for that game is the plot. I won't say anything about it incase of spoilers, OK?

One last thing about the Tomb Raider series, Old Lara's Home > New Lara's Home (the one that appears on the latest games)!

Yeah, I don't think I have 3. Sounds like fun, too.

Yeah. If only I knew how to record what I'm doing on video games by using the DVD recorder. I'd upload the video on YouTube and show you the glitch. :)

I've never played the original Rayman. I have Rayman's Raving Rabbids for the Wii, though. ^_^

You haven't played the original Rayman? :O

He loves My Chemical Romance.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-21 08:43:46

At 1/21/08 04:10 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/20/08 04:37 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'm slowly pulling my way back to 8 per day - dropped to 7.9 and that was not pretty, so I responsed with a count of 18 yesterday, pulling me back up to 7.91. I think that by April, I might have caught back up to 8s
Take it from me... DON'T COUNT ON ANYTHING when it comes to activity levels. Just be happy you've got a nice big ppd. I'm lucky when I can keep mine above 3.333. I've been flirting with that mark on and off since 2008 began... I must have dropped well below it prior to 2008...

I could quite happily post 18 a day, but they would mostly be meaningless. I know that I will get a reply daily on the Level Up! Lounge and there are enough Clubs and Crews that I'm a member of to get the other 7... I hope

At 1/19/08 07:00 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... yeah, you got me there, man. O_o

*Gasps*

Yes.

Loyalty is important, yes. You made a bad decision in picking a team to like in a sport that's not native to your homeland, but... at least you're sticking with that pick, yes. Okay, I'll give you credit for that. HAPPY NOW? #;-}>

Yeah, but until there is an mlb franchise launched in the UK (and outside of London, because they're cunts), I'll remain a Yankees fan.

Music to my ears, sir.
SMITHERS. Show some backbone. I like hearing "no" every now and then. Because then I can abuse you more to punish you for your insolence.

No, sir.

You just now noticed that? O_o You've got so many posts about now... more posts and reviews than me... that I'm somewhat surprised that it's still true. But if you'd told me that's been true for most of the past... Id' have said "yeah, seems about right."

Yeah, but I don't always go chasing after your stat lines. I only noticed as I ascended to 60k+ Total points yesterday.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-26 20:45:24

At 1/21/08 08:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: Do Tenacious D have dragonphobia?

Why would they be a-scared-ed of teh dragons? Sure, the dragon wants to rape them in the butts, but it's the GOOD kind of rape in the butts. ;_;

:::goes back to watching more Marc M, such as MY YEAR... WITH THE DRAGON::: </plug>

At 1/21/08 04:03 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Wowza. Okay, man. I believe you now. You really were all out of it or something. I thought pretty much everyone with any sort of Wi/Ht? attachments knew those two accounts were me by 1 week after I'd created them. Go read that old topic I made about them sometime, you needs a history lesson. #;-}>
Of course, I'll take that "history lesson" later. I could do with that to remind me of some things.

HAVE YOU TAKEN IT YET? Up the butt, I mean? O_O

Sorry, it's a theme that just won't die. Seriously, have you found and read that topic yet? It's not very long. Go! Scoot!

Ah, nice. Inhuman Rampage happened to be the first DragonForce album I got as well. I enjoyed the album, so I decided to get their other albums and I really do like Valley of the Damned. Also, the bonus tracks are worth checking out. :D

If I were to invest in a second CD of theirs, I would certainly pay some attention to Valley of the Damneded, then, thanks for the tip.

*Expects some "LOL DRAGONFARCE SUX CUZ THEIR SONGS SOUND DA SAME AND THEY CAN'T PALY THEIR MUSICK LIEV" comment*

Don't forget the "THE VIDEO SHOWS HTEY ARE FAKE, THE HANDS ON THE ZOOM-IN WINDOWS DON'T MACHT THE REST OF THE VIDEO, OMGZAS>AD<SDA" parts...

The music video for Operation Ground and Pound is hilarious. I think DragonForce haters take them too seriously.

Yeah, it's great. The video-gaming solos, especially. Just don't like the song that much without the fun of the video, though, for some reason.

CRY FOR ETERNITY, OTOH... greatness.

Good, getting closer.

CLOSAH... AND CLOSAH..

Meanwhile, in the background, coming from my TV speakers... "O-BA-MA... O-BA-MA..." helllll d'jeah.

YOU WERE ON CRACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Breaking news, eh?

Ah, that's it. Sadly, I've not seen the Monty Python movies yet, but I get the feeling my dad will watch those movies whenever they appear on TV next time.

... not only haven't you seen enough Star Wars, you haven't even seen a SINGLE Monty Python movie?

Dude, go watch Holy Grail and Life of Brian.... ASAP, man. The future of the world could depend upon it.

You haven't played the original Rayman? :O

Nopes. What other platformers would you compare it to? And don't say Crash Bandicoot, cause I ain't played that, either.

He loves My Chemical Romance.

I'm not very familiar with their music, so I can't knock it without knowing it, but I certainly know their "look" and reputation, and it makes me go "eh."

A band name with "my" or "your" or other such 1st/2nd person pronouns is kinda stupid in my eyes, as well. Even 3rd person pronouns is kinda ehhh, but... I dunno, too messed up for me. What's wrong with just Chemical Romance? Putting the "My" on it sounds like a song or album title more than a band name.

Or a TV program, for that matter. MY SO-CALLED LIFE. Hyar hyar.

At 1/21/08 08:43 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/21/08 04:10 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Take it from me... DON'T COUNT ON ANYTHING when it comes to activity levels. Just be happy you've got a nice big ppd. I'm lucky when I can keep mine above 3.333. I've been flirting with that mark on and off since 2008 began... I must have dropped well below it prior to 2008...
I could quite happily post 18 a day, but they would mostly be meaningless. I know that I will get a reply daily on the Level Up! Lounge and there are enough Clubs and Crews that I'm a member of to get the other 7... I hope

Don't forget about the other topics here on Wi/Ht?.... though I know that sadly, your posts in them depend greatly on how active others such as myself and Bahamut are... for instance, this topic got a reply from you and from Bahamut, and then since I wasn't around for 5 days, nothing for 4 straight days afterwards. No guaranteed daily reply unless teh peoples participate.

Come on, peoples! Nah, what am I complaining about, at least there's less to catch up on. I'm gonna attempt teh LUL catch-ups this weekend, so I don't really need MORE work heaped upon myself, does I? Heh. #;-}>

*Gasps*

SHOCKING PLOT TWISTS AND TURNS.

Yes.

Yeah, but until there is an mlb franchise launched in the UK (and outside of London, because they're cunts), I'll remain a Yankees fan.

And what, once there's a non-London-based professional baseball team in the UK, you'll ditch the Yankees? So much for that loyalty you were just lauding yourself over. #;-}>

I'm a fan of being a fan of multiple teams, so to me, in sports where my city didn't have a team (such as soccer until the Dynamo started two years ago, or hockey, where we do have a very good minor league team but no NHL team), if I have a fave team from another city, I remain a fan of them even if my city ever does end up getting a team in that league, personally.

No, sir.

I'm conflicted now.... you gave me what I wanted... but you did so by saying you wouldn't... so.. uh... :::beats you about the head, Burns-style::: Ahhh yes.... gratifying!

Yeah, but I don't always go chasing after your stat lines. I only noticed as I ascended to 60k+ Total points yesterday.

No, and I wouldn't expect any sane individual to aspire to such stalkiness (maybe someone like Duke, though...), but my 60k b/p retirement was so publicised, in no small part due to myself and my contest thread, that even being in the 50k+ range of total stats, I would think it would come to mind now and again. But I guess the actual act of seeing the odometer tick over the 60k mark is what made you realise it, so... eh, the brains work in mysterious ways.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-27 11:55:49

At 1/26/08 08:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Why would they be a-scared-ed of teh dragons?

'Cuz dragons hate humans.

I took it now. What an epic NG moment. Your attempt to catching those 2 numbers is just like how I was the first to submit a flash in 2007 AND 2008.

If I were to invest in a second CD of theirs, I would certainly pay some attention to Valley of the Damneded, then, thanks for the tip.

No problem. While the haters are right about DragonForce being repetitive, Valley of the Damned's style is quite different. Sonic Firestorm, however, is the album I'm least fond of out of the three. Still, it has some great tracks.

Yeah, it's great. The video-gaming solos, especially. Just don't like the song that much without the fun of the video, though, for some reason.

Oh. :o Heh, music video still rocks. I find it a lot better than the video for Through the Fire and Flames, despite both videos cut down the length of the song. >__<a nd don't get me started on how horrible the shortened length of Helloween's Halloween is!

CLOSAH... AND CLOSAH..

Warmer, warmer...

Breaking news, eh?

*Tells News Reporter*

That bastard doesn't consider it as interesting news. >:(

... not only haven't you seen enough Star Wars, you haven't even seen a SINGLE Monty Python movie?

That's right. :'(

Nopes. What other platformers would you compare it to? And don't say Crash Bandicoot, cause I ain't played that, either.

Something like Sonic, but without the speed, of course. The game kinda reminds me of that Mega Drive I once borrowed from the local rental shop known as Dynamite Headdy. But whatever, I recommend it no matter what. Also, you've not played Crash Bandicoot? 0__0 I'll assume you're more of a 8/16-bit guy than a 32/64-bit guy like me, because damn, the first three games are so fucking awesome! As I said before, it's a shame the game series was passed onto other companies, because they completely wrecked it, most especially the bastards who made Crash of the Titans.

I'm not very familiar with their music, so I can't knock it without knowing it, but I certainly know their "look" and reputation, and it makes me go "eh."

Some of the songs I heard on their "Black Parade" album are a Queen rip off.

Come on, peoples! Nah, what am I complaining about, at least there's less to catch up on. I'm gonna attempt teh LUL catch-ups this weekend, so I don't really need MORE work heaped upon myself, does I? Heh. #;-}>

You did it, thanks! That made it more fun than usual to post there today.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-28 12:40:26

And just to add more conversation to this place:

- Minion777 just recently reached 10k EXP, which now makes him a quadralister. I'm not sure who else reached 4x10k since Coop83 and life got there last Summer, though.

- While I went and took that "History lesson" about the 999999th and 1000000th accounts, I got pretty bored last night and read through EVERY SINGLE POST in "The Thread Thread". You'll certainly remember this incident gfox, although others may not be familiar with that fiasco. It did make me think about the current lists such as yours (until the last update in 2006, of course :P), the top 100 flash reviewers and the top 300 B/P'ers.

By having to pull the stats manually, it makes me think how much time they have to spend checking everyone's profiles and see where'd they go on the stat lists. Something small like the regulars list isn't much of a problem time-wise, but something like the top 300 B/P'ers? Damn, that must take a hell lot of time to make every week. What also makes me concerned is how many tabs would they have to open at once. I mean, if I opened about 1000 profiles at once, it would kill my computer. And let's not talk about the computer I use upstairs for that, OK? XD That computer crashed when I tried to install Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I've always thought about how they're able to do things well with their lists, but it's not until now I decided to ask about it on the BBS. o__O

- I could have sworn there was something else I wanted to mention, but I can't think what exactly. Not even if I type down Futurama, heavy metal, video games, 2x10k pentalist or whatever. Maybe you'll remind me during your next visit. :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-28 13:52:34

I do think the Top 300 B/P is still updated with the help of a script. Actually I'm pretty sure it is because I got some top secret info, AND it would simply be impossible to updated that list manually.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-28 13:53:51

how long till i get in the top 300?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-28 13:57:58

At 1/28/08 01:53 PM, HypaShadow wrote: how long till i get in the top 300?

1. This is not the Top 300 B/P discussion thread. My post was a direct reply to Bahamut's and therefor related. Yours is a random question about something unrelated to the Top 10,000. So next time, ask this in the right thread.

2. A very long time.

3. Shut up.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-29 04:01:40

At 1/26/08 08:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/21/08 08:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: I could quite happily post 18 a day, but they would mostly be meaningless. I know that I will get a reply daily on the Level Up! Lounge and there are enough Clubs and Crews that I'm a member of to get the other 7... I hope
Don't forget about the other topics here on Wi/Ht?.... though I know that sadly, your posts in them depend greatly on how active others such as myself and Bahamut are... for instance, this topic got a reply from you and from Bahamut, and then since I wasn't around for 5 days, nothing for 4 straight days afterwards. No guaranteed daily reply unless teh peoples participate.

Yeah, these posts are the happy little bonus posts :P

Yes.

And what, once there's a non-London-based professional baseball team in the UK, you'll ditch the Yankees? So much for that loyalty you were just lauding yourself over. #;-}>

I'm safe in the knowledge that I'll probably be stone cold and buried, before that happens. Lots of baseball players don't know where London is, they ask "London, Ontario?"

I'm a fan of being a fan of multiple teams, so to me, in sports where my city didn't have a team (such as soccer until the Dynamo started two years ago, or hockey, where we do have a very good minor league team but no NHL team), if I have a fave team from another city, I remain a fan of them even if my city ever does end up getting a team in that league, personally.

Funnily enough, my other allegiances are toward Colorado / Denver. I'm an Avalcnche fan and a Nuggets fan. Picked the Avs for Super Joe Sakic and followed Carmello Anthony through the NCAA into a Nuggets jersey. I'll stick with the Nuggets though, even if Melo is traded now.

No, sir.
I'm conflicted now.... you gave me what I wanted... but you did so by saying you wouldn't... so.. uh... :::beats you about the head, Burns-style::: Ahhh yes.... gratifying!

*squirms* Thank you, sir, may I have another?

To be honest, I'd never considered it, until I discovered how close you were to me :P

At 1/27/08 11:55 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/26/08 08:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... not only haven't you seen enough Star Wars, you haven't even seen a SINGLE Monty Python movie?

*Cartridge bot ejects his cartidge, then reinserts it* WHAT?!

At 1/28/08 12:40 PM, Bahamut wrote: - Minion777 just recently reached 10k EXP, which now makes him a quadralister. I'm not sure who else reached 4x10k since Coop83 and life got there last Summer, though.

He's one of my next targets for passing in the Saves stakes. I will reach the top 50, but first, I have some business with 20k to deal with :P

At 1/28/08 01:52 PM, Casualty wrote: I do think the Top 300 B/P is still updated with the help of a script. Actually I'm pretty sure it is because I got some top secret info, AND it would simply be impossible to updated that list manually.

Yeah, Afro_Stud used to use some sort of data register, which would pull the Blam and Protect stats for about 500 accounts. His totals would then form the list on the handy Excel spreadsheet, ready for import onto the BBS.

And I still update mine manually :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-30 16:17:23

I... I finally made it! I entered the most prestigious list on Newgrounds.com! After reaching 10,000 Experience points a while ago (more or less 6 weeks to be precise), I added a glorious 10,000 Saves to it. This makes that I am eligible for the next update, whenever it will be! It doesn't matter when, because it took enough time to reach it so I'll have some more patience without problems.

I must say, the last few saves were hard to get. I had been hovering a little over 9,900 Saves for weeks now, and I just couldn't get myself to B/P and get the last required points. Now with the help of Bahamut who stimulated me over these last 10 Saves, I made it at last. It wasn't really hard. The problem is that I got quite bored of NG a while ago, when I was around 9,500 Saves. This made the whole process go even slower, for I managed to catch only a few B/P points every day (my daily average for the last few months must be less than 5, lol).

A thing to look forward to is when I will reach 10,000 Blams. I currently have 9,795, but getting Blams takes EVEN MORE time than Saves. The thing is, I might get triple-listed on my first (and probably last) update. I also might not. Only my perseverance and gfox's posting speed will tell =P

Note: This post was made while I had 9,999 Saves. I have to leave now and I still haven't reached 10,000 (I'm waiting for that last point to cross the line>_>). I'm sure you'll understand though, plus it doesn't change anything at all if I post this now or tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-30 16:19:30

At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: 9,999 Saves.

You seem to be losing saves, you are know 9,998.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-30 17:03:34

At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: I... I finally made it!

It is going to take you a couple of weeks before you get 10K blams although you are awfully close already.
Now let's see who hits the 10000 posts mark first. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-31 03:54:35

At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: I... I finally made it! I entered the most prestigious list on Newgrounds.com! After reaching 10,000 Experience points a while ago (more or less 6 weeks to be precise), I added a glorious 10,000 Saves to it. This makes that I am eligible for the next update, whenever it will be! It doesn't matter when, because it took enough time to reach it so I'll have some more patience without problems.

Nice one! Now get those last ~300 Blams and gain access to the triplelist!

At 1/30/08 05:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: It is going to take you a couple of weeks before you get 10K blams although you are awfully close already.

Try months. He needs to average 10 per day to get it within a month, which is a pretty damn good average at present, if the top Blammers list is anything to go by.

Now let's see who hits the 10000 posts mark first. :)

I think you've got the edge there, albeit slighty.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-01-31 11:41:21

At 1/28/08 01:52 PM, Casualty wrote: I do think the Top 300 B/P is still updated with the help of a script. Actually I'm pretty sure it is because I got some top secret info, AND it would simply be impossible to updated that list manually.

Impossible? gfox might say otherwise. ;)

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh.

At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Cartridge bot ejects his cartidge, then reinserts it* WHAT?!

That's right.

Manually or automatically, it's fine, although automatic pull does make things easier, but may cause a riot.

At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: 10000 saves and stuff

Big congrats on getting 10k saves Casualty! :D Now to try and get 10k blams and if you're too lazy to go to the portal, then at least work on NG Log. :P

At 1/30/08 04:19 PM, Shaun wrote:
At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: 9,999 Saves.
You seem to be losing saves, you are know 9,998.

10,000 now. :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-01 04:44:07

At 1/31/08 11:41 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Cartridge bot ejects his cartidge, then reinserts it* WHAT?!
That's right.

What's right? The Futurama quote?

Manually or automatically, it's fine, although automatic pull does make things easier, but may cause a riot.

I'm not going to riot if people auto-pull the stats. Don't think me that shallow!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-01 09:22:06

That's funny. gfox recently visited the BBS, but didn't catch up on the posts here. Unless...*waits to get pwned by teh legendary smiley*

At 2/1/08 04:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: What's right? The Futurama quote?

The Futurama quote AND when you said what. :) Speaking of Futurama, I'd love to watch through season 2 soon, but I think playing on Zelda: Twilight Princess has a higher priority since I've not played through the game yet and I've watched all those Futurama episodes before. I'll be fine with watching those episodes when the Wii is with my sister down in London from when I go there later this month to Easter.

I'm not going to riot if people auto-pull the stats. Don't think me that shallow!

Wade on the other hand... :(

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-02 23:33:24

At 2/1/08 09:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's funny. gfox recently visited the BBS, but didn't catch up on the posts here. Unless...*waits to get pwned by teh legendary smiley*

Yep, I suddenly decided spontaneously (after flirting with it all week long, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after work)... to do some posting Thursday night.

So I managed to make one last post in January before midnight NG time that night, one 1/31 post...

Bringing my total for January (and for 2008 to that point) to 131, BTW. Total accident, I noticed afterwards the next day... 131 posts on 1/31... whee! #;-}>

... so anyway, then I caught up on EVERYTHING on Wi/Ht? later in the night, on 2/01 technically... still "Thursday" to me, though.

But I ran out of times. So I saved the best (my fave two topics, of course, the VP list and this one) for later, and also saved the toughest (LUL) for later as well.

And now it's arrived! I'm gonna go pick up my gf from work (she works Tuesday-Saturday now, so at least we have Sundays off together, whereas she used to have a Tuesday-Wednesday weekend, which blows when your sig. other has a typical Sat/Sun, yanno?), come back here, rip a new CD I got today to iTunes and my Creative Zen.... and then POST!

So...

PREPARE FOR CATCH-UPS!

I've only got two days worth of stuff to catch up on for most of the forum, which is SO doable. But LUL is scaring me. I last posted on 1/27, so I expect there's been like what... 6 pages? #;-}>

VP + Penta should have tons of good stuff for me to read and reply to, though. So expect that within the coming hours. I know I always say this and then don't even start posting till 4-6 hours later on one of my super-late weekend nights... but tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, and so I do want to get to bed somewhat reasonably. Therefore, no Guitar Hero tonight (I haven't played since last night, in fact, just been busy watching movies and doing other crap on the net, meant to start posting today)... so anyway, I WILL be back within an hour or so from right now. MARK MY WORDS.

Happy Groundhog Day everyone, BTW! 2/02/2008 FTW!!

(Can't wait for 2/22/2022... what a Ni-Ni-Ni Day that will be (2/22 = cat day in Japan due to the sound of 2 sounding like a meow there)

LATERZ!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-03 05:11:58

At 1/27/08 11:55 AM, Bahamut wrote: 'Cuz dragons hate humans.

Not all dragons do.... by the end of the tale, Albi the Racist Dragon doesn't seem to hate humans so much anymore. THERE IS HOPE. And there is ol' Puff, of course.

(oh yeah, you haven't watched any Monty Python... so who'm I kidding to think you may know about Flight of the Conchords? A LINK is in order here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jVAHAui S4 (original in-concert version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTive4lE ok (HBO cartoon version)

WATCH THEM. Now. Not just you, anyone who hasn't seen 'em. Or has, hell. ENJOYETH!

Ahhh.... what a wonderful show. Too bad I don't have HBO anymore. Oh wait, the strike... no worries.

Oh wait, my gf heard the strike may be ending soon. OH NOE.

I took it now. What an epic NG moment. Your attempt to catching those 2 numbers is just like how I was the first to submit a flash in 2007 AND 2008.

I wasn't aware of your achievement either, so I guess we're even. That's pretty cool too, man, congrats! Woulda been more like mine if it had been the last in 2007 and the first in 2008. #;-}>

No problem. While the haters are right about DragonForce being repetitive, Valley of the Damned's style is quite different. Sonic Firestorm, however, is the album I'm least fond of out of the three. Still, it has some great tracks.

Well, all the songs have like 3-5 minutes of vocals interspersed with bridges and mini-solos, then 2-3 minutes of solo madness, then 1-2 minutes of end vocal ROCK.

But Cry for Eternity has very different styles in all those portions of the song from TTFAF, so... to me, it's all good. And after all, I don't like the other songs as much as those two, so they can't all be the same... or I would. O_o

Oh. :o Heh, music video still rocks. I find it a lot better than the video for Through the Fire and Flames, despite both videos cut down the length of the song. >__<a nd don't get me started on how horrible the shortened length of Helloween's Halloween is!

I think the edit on TTFAF is decent. I actually first experienced the song through the video on YouTube, because I heard the talk about what the ultimate bonus song in GH3 was, and I wanted to know what the song was like before I ever played it in the game (this was before the game even came out, of course, so I couldn't exactly beat the game and find out that way).

But I certainly prefer the full version, especially because of the way the vocals restart in it after the solos. I really like that part of the lyrics, and the edit cuts it completely and jumps to the final "SO FAR AWAY" portion. Oh wells.

I'LL BREAK THE SEAL OFF THIS CURSE IF I POSSIBLY CAN! FOR FREEDOM OF EVERY MAN!

CLOSAH... AND CLOSAH..
Warmer, warmer...

Sexy.

Breaking news, eh?
*Tells News Reporter*

That bastard doesn't consider it as interesting news. >:(

He's got interesting guidelines.

You sad, sad monkey.

Something like Sonic, but without the speed, of course. The game kinda reminds me of that Mega Drive I once borrowed from the local rental shop known as Dynamite Headdy. But whatever, I recommend it no matter what. Also, you've not played Crash Bandicoot? 0__0 I'll assume you're more of a 8/16-bit guy than a 32/64-bit guy like me, because damn, the first three games are so fucking awesome! As I said before, it's a shame the game series was passed onto other companies, because they completely wrecked it, most especially the bastards who made Crash of the Titans.

SONIC WITHOUT THE SPEED? Then what's the friggin' point, man? #;-}>

Yeah, I was more of a 8/16 bit gamer in terms of having every game. I had 100+ for NES and 50+ for SNES, for example.

Still, I have a good 40 or so PSX games, 10 dreamcast, 20 GameCube, 30 PS2, and 30 Wii, so...

I'm trying to think of a platformer I have for the PSX, and all I can think of is Spyro the Dragon, though, so... O_O

You did it, thanks! That made it more fun than usual to post there today.

I'll do it again, too! But maybe not tonight, I want to get to bed soon, and LUL has 5 new pages. FEAR.

At 1/28/08 12:40 PM, Bahamut wrote: And just to add more conversation to this place:

- Minion777 just recently reached 10k EXP, which now makes him a quadralister. I'm not sure who else reached 4x10k since Coop83 and life got there last Summer, though.

Cool for him!

- While I went and took that "History lesson" about the 999999th and 1000000th accounts, I got pretty bored last night and read through EVERY SINGLE POST in "The Thread Thread". You'll certainly remember this incident gfox, although others may not be familiar with that fiasco. It did make me think about the current lists such as yours (until the last update in 2006, of course :P), the top 100 flash reviewers and the top 300 B/P'ers.

Ah yes, the Thread Thread. I didn't remember what that title meant right away, though it sounded familiar, but as oon as you said "incident" and "fiasco," I remembered. #;-}>

By having to pull the stats manually, it makes me think how much time they have to spend checking everyone's profiles and see where'd they go on the stat lists. Something small like the regulars list isn't much of a problem time-wise, but something like the top 300 B/P'ers? Damn, that must take a hell lot of time to make every week. What also makes me concerned is how many tabs would they have to open at once. I mean, if I opened about 1000 profiles at once, it would kill my computer. And let's not talk about the computer I use upstairs for that, OK? XD That computer crashed when I tried to install Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Yes, it takes a lot of time to get data out of profiles manually. Way to state the obvious, man. #;-}>

I never opened more than 50 profiles at once. Usually I'd open 10 at a time.

Slow but steady wins the race.

I've always thought about how they're able to do things well with their lists, but it's not until now I decided to ask about it on the BBS. o__O

What exactly are you asking? Just the thing about how many tabs at once?

BTW, when I first started doing lists, there WERE no tabs. I had 10-50 WINDOWS open at once. Even more fun, eh? #;-}>

- I could have sworn there was something else I wanted to mention, but I can't think what exactly. Not even if I type down Futurama, heavy metal, video games, 2x10k pentalist or whatever. Maybe you'll remind me during your next visit. :)

I dunno, either. Was it something that you were reminded of from LUL? It strikes me that most of the Futurama and heavy metal funs were going on in our convos over there.

We'll find out tomorrow, perhaps!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-03 05:22:43

It's not impossible, but to do it every weekend? Huge time-sink and huge effort. Just ask D0GMA.

I wouldn't put it past someone to make another program, it's not like SK was the only one with the know-how to do it (see BBB's brilliant top 2000 exp program), but... anyway. It would certainly make weekly updates of a heavy-profile-mining list more bearable.

At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, these posts are the happy little bonus posts :P

Heh. MAGICAL JELLYBEAN POSTS, Albi would say.

I'm safe in the knowledge that I'll probably be stone cold and buried, before that happens. Lots of baseball players don't know where London is, they ask "London, Ontario?"

Good, then you're in no danger from the Yankees fans on this side of the pond. BUT BEWARE, should hell freeze over... you WOULD BE. Oh yes, you would be. For there is one thing a Yankee fan hates more than the Red Sox and their fans... their own turncoat fans! #;-}>

The NFL just held a regular season game in London... I can imagine MLB having a Yankees/Red Sox series of 3 games in London some year.

Funnily enough, my other allegiances are toward Colorado / Denver. I'm an Avalcnche fan and a Nuggets fan. Picked the Avs for Super Joe Sakic and followed Carmello Anthony through the NCAA into a Nuggets jersey. I'll stick with the Nuggets though, even if Melo is traded now.

Yeah, you've mentioned your Denverness. TRADE MELO? (gasp)

No, sir.

!!!!

If I wasn't trying to get to bed soon, I'd come up with a witty and sexually-laden retort. Alas, I am... so... no time for the effort. WAHHHH!

At 1/27/08 11:55 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/26/08 08:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... not only haven't you seen enough Star Wars, you haven't even seen a SINGLE Monty Python movie?
*Cartridge bot ejects his cartidge, then reinserts it* WHAT?!

It blows the mind... er... cart, doesn't it.

Yeah, Afro_Stud used to use some sort of data register, which would pull the Blam and Protect stats for about 500 accounts. His totals would then form the list on the handy Excel spreadsheet, ready for import onto the BBS.

Interesting.

HANDMADE, HOMEMADE, AND PROUD!

At 1/30/08 04:17 PM, Casualty wrote: I... I finally made it! I entered the most prestigious list on Newgrounds.com! After reaching 10,000 Experience points a while ago (more or less 6 weeks to be precise), I added a glorious 10,000 Saves to it. This makes that I am eligible for the next update, whenever it will be! It doesn't matter when, because it took enough time to reach it so I'll have some more patience without problems.

CONGRATULATIONS, MY GOOD SIR!

I must say, the last few saves were hard to get. I had been hovering a little over 9,900 Saves for weeks now, and I just couldn't get myself to B/P and get the last required points. Now with the help of Bahamut who stimulated me over these last 10 Saves, I made it at last. It wasn't really hard. The problem is that I got quite bored of NG a while ago, when I was around 9,500 Saves. This made the whole process go even slower, for I managed to catch only a few B/P points every day (my daily average for the last few months must be less than 5, lol).

Hey, don't give all the credit to Bahamut. Didn't I yell at you a few times to get those freaking 10k saves?! Well, if I didn't and I'm thinking of something else, I certainly would have had I realised how close you were.... yeah, I'm pretty sure I did (know how close you were, and did yell at you both)

A thing to look forward to is when I will reach 10,000 Blams. I currently have 9,795, but getting Blams takes EVEN MORE time than Saves. The thing is, I might get triple-listed on my first (and probably last) update. I also might not. Only my perseverance and gfox's posting speed will tell =P

My posting speed is blazing lately, I should hit 10k by midspring.

But the update isn't going to spring out of my eyes, fingers, and mind 1 second later or anything, so worry not. It might take me longer from the 10k to make the update than it will take from now to hit 10k, in fact. O_O

At 1/30/08 05:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Now let's see who hits the 10000 posts mark first. :)

At first I thought DoD meant Casualty or ME at first, then I saw his postcount was within 100 or so of Casualty's, so... heh.

Impossible? gfox might say otherwise. ;)

Already did. Oh wait... time... #;-}>

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh.

Yeah, that was good to read, but I didn't feel the need to directly reply. Casualty pretty much took care of that all by himself. #;-}>

At 2/1/08 04:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:
That's right.
What's right? The Futurama quote?

I thought he was just saying "yep, guilty as charged, I ain't seen no Monty Python movies. ;_; (sad panda face)"

Why would anyone riot, anyway? oh, the thread thread? Ehhhh.

At 2/1/08 09:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's funny. gfox recently visited the BBS, but didn't catch up on the posts here. Unless...*waits to get pwned by teh legendary smiley*

#;-}>

JUST HOW YOU LIKE IT!

At 2/1/08 04:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: What's right? The Futurama quote?
The Futurama quote AND when you said what. :) Speaking of Futurama, I'd love to watch through season 2 soon, but I think playing on Zelda: Twilight Princess has a higher priority since I've not played through the game yet and I've watched all those Futurama episodes before. I'll be fine with watching those episodes when the Wii is with my sister down in London from when I go there later this month to Easter.

GO WII, GO WII!

Yeah, that's what I finally figured you meant.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-03 05:46:14

At 2/1/08 09:22 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/1/08 04:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm not going to riot if people auto-pull the stats. Don't think me that shallow!

Oh, maybe I am going to riot then. I am his clone, after all. (The goatee keeps calling me back)

At 2/3/08 05:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/29/08 04:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, these posts are the happy little bonus posts :P

Reminds me of the Xmas present bought for my girlfriend and her brothers by her uncle (Who lives in Houston, coincidentally) - a stocking (Xmas, not the sexy type) filled with jelly beans. Fucking disgusting.

Good, then you're in no danger from the Yankees fans on this side of the pond. BUT BEWARE, should hell freeze over... you WOULD BE. Oh yes, you would be. For there is one thing a Yankee fan hates more than the Red Sox and their fans... their own turncoat fans! #;-}>

Good job I'm not getting into that :P

Yeah, you've mentioned your Denverness. TRADE MELO? (gasp)

They wouldn't... yet :P

No, sir.
!!!!

If I wasn't trying to get to bed soon, I'd come up with a witty and sexually-laden retort. Alas, I am... so... no time for the effort. WAHHHH!

Bedtime? Sexually laden retort? *checks list*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-03 12:59:51

At 2/2/08 11:33 PM, gfoxcook wrote: But I ran out of times. So I saved the best (my fave two topics, of course, the VP list and this one) for later, and also saved the toughest (LUL) for later as well.

Oh yeah, lots of posts + lots of achievements + lots of quoting = Lots of fun. :D

rip a new CD I got today to iTunes and my Creative Zen.... and then POST!

So did you get any new CDs this week? I was supposed to get one this week, but the Amazon seller I bought the CD from mixed up my order and someone else's, so I've been given the wrong CD. :S

PREPARE FOR CATCH-UPS!

Awesome! They're one of the greatest parts of the BBS.

I've only got two days worth of stuff to catch up on for most of the forum, which is SO doable. But LUL is scaring me. I last posted on 1/27, so I expect there's been like what... 6 pages? #;-}>

Six pages isn't too much, but take out all the spam and then there'd be about three or four pages. :)

VP + Penta should have tons of good stuff for me to read and reply to, though. So expect that within the coming hours.

I was just going to sleep when you made this post.

I know I always say this and then don't even start posting till 4-6 hours later on one of my super-late weekend nights... but tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday

Super Bowl? Meh to me.

and so I do want to get to bed somewhat reasonably. Therefore, no Guitar Hero tonight (I haven't played since last night, in fact, just been busy watching movies and doing other crap on the net, meant to start posting today)...

I haven't played Zelda: Twilight Princess for a few days now. I'm at a new place and I just don't know where to go. The fact that the new place has no map takes the piss. :(

Happy Groundhog Day everyone, BTW! 2/02/2008 FTW!!

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

(Can't wait for 2/22/2022... what a Ni-Ni-Ni Day that will be (2/22 = cat day in Japan due to the sound of 2 sounding like a meow there)

Damn, I thought you said 2/22/2008, not 2/22/2022. I was about to say I won't witness that special day. On 22nd February, I'll be in London. I'll be leaving on the 21st and will be back on the 24th/25th (I might get back at midnight since I'm going by train this time). So when I get back then, I hope to see most of the regulars' votes for the March 2008 revival update.

LATERZ!

Hello.

At 2/3/08 05:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: (oh yeah, you haven't watched any Monty Python... so who'm I kidding to think you may know about Flight of the Conchords? A LINK is in order here)

Hmm, the name kinda rings a bell, but no, I've not heard the song until now.

DAMMIT, WHY DO I LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!

I wasn't aware of your achievement either, so I guess we're even. That's pretty cool too, man, congrats! Woulda been more like mine if it had been the last in 2007 and the first in 2008. #;-}>

Haha, yes, but I prefer to be the first to submit a flash in the year, rather than the last since that requires more timing than being the first does. You'd have to get the flash submitted a few seconds before the new year. A few seconds after the new year is easier. :)

Well, all the songs have like 3-5 minutes of vocals interspersed with bridges and mini-solos, then 2-3 minutes of solo madness, then 1-2 minutes of end vocal ROCK.

I dare them to make a 2 minute song on their next album.

But Cry for Eternity has very different styles in all those portions of the song from TTFAF, so... to me, it's all good. And after all, I don't like the other songs as much as those two, so they can't all be the same... or I would. O_o

IMO, the only bands who deserve to be criticised for repetition are death metal bands. It's extremely difficult to tell the difference between every song on one death metal album. That's not always the case, however, but it is for most of the genre.

Sexy.

Less than 300 now. :)

He's got interesting guidelines.

You're right about that, but I still hate how he considers Pikachu becoming the new prime minister of England as "Not so interesting news".

You sad, sad monkey.

I repeat, DAMMIT, WHY DO I LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!

SONIC WITHOUT THE SPEED? Then what's the friggin' point, man? #;-}>

It's not as fast as Sonic, of course, but it's STILL fun. It's a pretty difficult game too, so it's not just for kids.

Yeah, I was more of a 8/16 bit gamer in terms of having every game. I had 100+ for NES and 50+ for SNES, for example.

You have that many NES games? :O Do you happen to own Dragon's Lair or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? XD

Still, I have a good 40 or so PSX games, 10 dreamcast, 20 GameCube, 30 PS2, and 30 Wii, so...

And you can find the time to play on ALL THOSE GAMES?! :O

I'm trying to think of a platformer I have for the PSX, and all I can think of is Spyro the Dragon, though, so... O_O

Meh, I lost interest in the Spyro games. I only played the first three games and didn't really liked the characters on them. Also, I've had bad experience with the third game. Since my dad decided to buy illegal copied games for me and my sister years ago (don't worry, he doesn't do that anymore), Spyro 3 was one of them and when I played on it and got to the last boss, the game suddenly takes me back to the start and SAVES THE FUCKING GAME!

That's a kick in the balls.

I'll do it again, too! But maybe not tonight, I want to get to bed soon, and LUL has 5 new pages. FEAR.

More posting fun, yay. However, there's so much to catch up on your catch up posts, I may or may not reply to them all tonight.

Cool for him!

Indeed.

Ah yes, the Thread Thread. I didn't remember what that title meant right away, though it sounded familiar, but as oon as you said "incident" and "fiasco," I remembered. #;-}>

Yes, the thread title was far too irrelevant to the whole argument.

I never opened more than 50 profiles at once. Usually I'd open 10 at a time.

That doesn't sound bad, but what about when you do the final update? You might have over 1000 accounts to go through. :O

Slow but steady wins the race.

Umm, OK then.

What exactly are you asking? Just the thing about how many tabs at once?

Yeah, and I might be taking over the Top 300 B/P list depending on dave/life's situation and if no-one else is willing to take over the list.

BTW, when I first started doing lists, there WERE no tabs. I had 10-50 WINDOWS open at once. Even more fun, eh? #;-}>

50 FUCKING WINDOWS?!?! Damn! I find it bad enough with 25 windows and that was when I saw my friend with that many windows open due to pop-ups on cheat site. XD That was when I was still in shitty high school. o__O

We'll find out tomorrow, perhaps!

Maybe I did mention it, but I won't realise whatever I said was what I wanted to say.

At 2/3/08 05:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I wouldn't put it past someone to make another program, it's not like SK was the only one with the know-how to do it (see BBB's brilliant top 2000 exp program), but... anyway. It would certainly make weekly updates of a heavy-profile-mining list more bearable.

Oh yes, BBB's top 2000 EXP site was awesome! It sucks it doesn't work on the redesign. Now I don't know who the users ranked #400 - 403 are. :(

Sadly, my tears don't turn into magical jellybeans. :'(

Interesting.

That's News Reporter's line! >:(

My posting speed is blazing lately, I should hit 10k by midspring.

And that's good news, as Professor Hubert Farnsworth would say.

But the update isn't going to spring out of my eyes, fingers, and mind 1 second later or anything, so worry not. It might take me longer from the 10k to make the update than it will take from now to hit 10k, in fact. O_O

HOLY SHIT!! 0__0

Yeah, that was good to read, but I didn't feel the need to directly reply. Casualty pretty much took care of that all by himself. #;-}>

Tthis is why no-one in the Wi/Ht? likes him.

Why would anyone riot, anyway? oh, the thread thread? Ehhhh.

The Kaiser Chiefs (Dammit, I almost said The Killers) predicted a riot when that thread was made. XP

#;-}>

JUST HOW YOU LIKE IT!

The audience cheer.

GO WII, GO WII!

I dunno now. I REALLLY want to watch more Futurama now.

Now to make a Coop only quote post...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-03 13:01:21

...And here's my second post, which only responds to one line of Coop's, but why should I not reply to his post just because there were only enough characters for the gfox replies?

At 2/3/08 05:46 AM, Coop83 wrote: Oh, maybe I am going to riot then. I am his clone, after all. (The goatee keeps calling me back)

Nah, you look more like John Petrucci, not Wade Fulp. Just because you have a goatee doesn't mean you look like Wade Fulp. Sorry Coop.