00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Viking Army

173,745 Views | 1,749 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 01:21:41

Hey, I'm sorry to say that I'll be taking a break from NG for awhile, so obviously I won't be able to talk in this club. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but rest assured my fellow warriors, I will return one day.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 07:23:45

At 11/7/08 01:21 AM, jew193 wrote: Hey, I'm sorry to say that I'll be taking a break from NG for awhile, so obviously I won't be able to talk in this club. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but rest assured my fellow warriors, I will return one day.

I hope your voyage is fruitful. But, I believe I speak for all when I say you will be missed,and your return will be much anticipated.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 12:46:46

I hope your voyage is fruitful. But, I believe I speak for all when I say you will be missed,and your return will be much anticipated.

Nah I personally couldn't care less.

/sarcasm :3

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 14:54:34

l would like to join the viking army for 2 reasons:
1.Vinkings are cool.
2.My ancestors were vikings, so my great-great-great (repeat until you go back to the viking era)grandfather was one of them and l am very proud of it, even if l know that l have nothing to do with vikings right now..

I have a viking trivia for you:
when you think about vikings, you usually think about 4 things-axes, war gods, ships and the popular horned viking helmet.
Well, l recently read that this was a cerimonial helmet, because horns would be very unfit for a large-scale battle.
So the normal war helmet that vikings wore had no horns at all :D.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 14:57:16

Welcome to the club.

It was ignorant to think that they had horned helmets, for many reasons. Like you said, they were for ceremonial purposes - also some nobles who went into battle had them. But it would be extremely inconvenient for them to make horns for all their helmets, when it does not aid them in warfare.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 15:13:18

At 11/7/08 02:57 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Welcome to the club.

Thanks a lot!

It was ignorant to think that they had horned helmets, for many reasons. Like you said, they were for ceremonial purposes - also some nobles who went into battle had them. But it would be extremely inconvenient for them to make horns for all their helmets, when it does not aid them in warfare.

Yeah, it just mad them look fiercer but you'd rather look a bit less fierce than die for it..can you imagine thousands of helms clashing together because they had horns?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 15:38:53

At 11/7/08 03:13 PM, HeavyTank wrote: can you imagine thousands of helms clashing together because they had horns?

That would be rather annoying.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 15:43:06

At 11/7/08 03:38 PM, doody1 wrote:
At 11/7/08 03:13 PM, HeavyTank wrote: can you imagine thousands of helms clashing together because they had horns?
That would be rather annoying.

It would be epicly annoying. I think horns don't look that badass, something that helped you win looks more badass.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 15:52:45

At 11/7/08 03:43 PM, sirtom93 wrote: It would be epicly annoying. I think horns don't look that badass, something that helped you win looks more badass.

This whole horned helment issue reminds me of something.

We didn't wear anything when we went into battle.

Not the slightest bit of armour.

Or clothing.

Also, we had women who screamed at the enemy which apparently scared a bunch of them to death, and the others ran away.

What have you guys got, 'conventional tactics that almost always garuntee victory'?

Oh please, it's all about the obscure and insane.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 15:58:59

At 11/7/08 03:52 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Oh please, it's all about the obscure and insane.

You should probably announce it when you talk in the context of the Celts in the viking army, it can be misleading. But yes, that's because you were poor and failed hard.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 16:23:02

At 11/7/08 03:58 PM, sirtom93 wrote: You should probably announce it when you talk in the context of the Celts in the viking army, it can be misleading. But yes, that's because you were poor and failed hard.

well come on, you got to give the celts some credit too!
I mean, the fact that they fought almost naked means that they had only thier courage to protect them..oh wait, did you say IN the viking army?
The viking army recruited celts?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 16:43:10

I mean, the fact that they fought almost naked means that they had only thier courage to protect them..oh wait, did you say IN the viking army?

That's exactly what I didn't mean.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 17:51:39

At 11/7/08 04:43 PM, sirtom93 wrote:

Sorry about that.

Also.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-07 18:28:05

Sorry about that.

Also.

Quite an interesting article.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-08 02:43:15

At 11/7/08 05:51 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Also.

Wow, a viking-celt hybrid!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-08 08:58:26

At 11/8/08 02:43 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 11/7/08 05:51 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Also.
Wow, a viking-celt hybrid!

Many vikings did stay and breed in the places they invaded.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 12:19:11

At 11/8/08 08:58 AM, sirtom93 wrote: Many vikings did stay and breed in the places they invaded.

Like Alexander The Greats' soldiers...so the viking encouraged "being friends" with the locals after slaughtering them?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 12:47:39

At 11/9/08 12:19 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 11/8/08 08:58 AM, sirtom93 wrote: Many vikings did stay and breed in the places they invaded.
Like Alexander The Greats' soldiers...so the viking encouraged "being friends" with the locals after slaughtering them?

Very similar. But why invade and not prosper, eyy?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 12:58:50

At 11/9/08 12:47 PM, sirtom93 wrote:

Yeah..you make yourself less barbaric-looking if you marry the women before rap...ehm...having a sexual intercourse with them to have children that you will aband...ehm..take care of.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 14:51:04

At 11/9/08 12:58 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 11/9/08 12:47 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Yeah..you make yourself less barbaric-looking if you marry the women before rap...ehm...having a sexual intercourse with them to have children that you will aband...ehm..take care of.

The vikings have effected and changed us all to this day, in that way.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 17:21:25

At 11/9/08 02:51 PM, sirtom93 wrote: The vikings have effected and changed us all to this day, in that way.

And I think we can safely say it was change for the better.

Except for that the Vikings beat the Packers today. Goddammit...

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 17:42:17

At 11/9/08 05:21 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 11/9/08 02:51 PM, sirtom93 wrote: The vikings have effected and changed us all to this day, in that way.
And I think we can safely say it was change for the better.
Except for that the Vikings beat the Packers today. Goddammit...

Well in many, many years - no one can identify the exact changes it has made to our biological build.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-09 17:51:28

At 11/9/08 05:42 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Well in many, many years - no one can identify the exact changes it has made to our biological build.

Well, I don't know about you, but I seem more...resistant to the cold weather here than most of my friends. I don't know if that has anything to do with Scandinavian blood, but I do know one thing. It's better to have Viking ancestors than French ones.

Odin forbid.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-10 08:29:03

At 11/9/08 05:51 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Well in many, many years - no one can identify the exact changes it has made to our biological build.
Well, I don't know about you, but I seem more...resistant to the cold weather here than most of my friends. I don't know if that has anything to do with Scandinavian blood, but I do know one thing. It's better to have Viking ancestors than French ones.
Odin forbid.

Oh come on..what's the problem you guys (british guys-if you're not british you're just an exception) have with french ppl?
I mean, of course saying you have viking ancestors is cooler than having french, or italian or whatever but come on...leave french ppl alone (NO, l am not french l am just shocked with all this hate towards french guys).

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-10 11:28:49

Oh come on..what's the problem you guys (british guys-if you're not british you're just an exception) have with french ppl?
I mean, of course saying you have viking ancestors is cooler than having french, or italian or whatever but come on...leave french ppl alone (NO, l am not french l am just shocked with all this hate towards french guys).

I have nothing against French people.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-10 11:52:33

At 11/10/08 11:28 AM, sirtom93 wrote:
I have nothing against French people.

The French are basically the pussy version of Norsemen.

You know, except the descendants of the original French Celts.

...All 86 of them.

It's the same with the English. The English Celts were practically exterminated by the Romans.

Or moved.

Come to think of it, the Isle of Man is the only Celtic nation with a pure gene pool.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-10 21:24:56

At 11/10/08 08:29 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Oh come on..what's the problem you guys (british guys-if you're not british you're just an exception) have with french ppl?

People, HeavyTank. People. Say it with me now. P-E-O-P-L-E. Sorry about that. I just have a problem with those type of abbreviations.

And I was joking, mostly. I don't really hate French people, and I've never been to France, so I can't judge. My first girlfriend (not that type of girlfriend) was French, and she was a wonderful person. A bit... promiscuous...but, this is the French we're talking about. But anyway, all I have to go on is the stereotypes being fed down my throat like pain pills.

I love the French, honestly!

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-11 05:54:39

Thor! Thunder god, protector of mankind!
Ride out to meet you're fate, you're destiny awaits!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-11 07:09:48

At 11/2/08 06:02 PM, jew193 wrote: What kind of TV are you getting?

Erm... im not really sure yet. I have an Uncle that works in an electronics shop so i can get a discount and an honest expert opinion that i can actually count on. I dont really trust most people in shops. HD obviously...

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-11-11 08:40:05

At 11/10/08 09:24 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: People, HeavyTank. People. Say it with me now. P-E-O-P-L-E. Sorry about that. I just have a problem with those type of abbreviations.

P-P-L..did l write it on the correct way?Wait..let me try again...P-P-L...P-P-L.....

And I was joking, mostly. I don't really hate French people, and I've never been to France, so I can't judge. My first girlfriend (not that type of girlfriend) was French, and she was a wonderful person. A bit... promiscuous...but, this is the French we're talking about. But anyway, all I have to go on is the stereotypes being fed down my throat like pain pills.
I love the French, honestly!

l know some french ppl (:P) and believe me, they believe that the english language comes from french (which comes from latin) and it is mostly true, but they don't need to rub it on my face all the time, (and l am not british so l am not offended by the stuff they say) especially when l say some "englishisms" like computer or club when l am speaking french...you know, frenchs say "compute'r" and "club" (but they actually say clUb like you say Urine not "clab").
So they are very defenisive when it comes to their language....

BUT they are not like the stereotype french gaylord eating a frog and looking at other cultures like they were chunks of..well, of...you get the message.