00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

<x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x>

27,851 Views | 487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 09:44:17

Thanks for the game, youngblood26. However, there is something I am unsure about... did you see it coming and let me execute it because you had to go, or did it caught you by surprise? I want to know for future matches with other people.

In any case, nice game.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-30 00:51:20

about time!!!!

what'd i miss?

KrackHead Kitty

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 04:34:11

At 7/30/08 12:05 PM, Murad136 wrote: I made an advertisement.

I know this is not good, I know it sucks, so don't bother telling me, I just did it for fun, I din't even try that hard, for practice and entertainment purposes only I guess.
One problem though, I din't exactly finish it, but feel free to use it, it might attract some more users.

Wow. tat's kinda neat. I'll stick with my current sig atm. I like it. >_>

Member of the Newgrounds Chess Club W - 10 / L - 3 / D - 2

Compliments to Mr. Congeniality on the sig. =D

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 05:24:48

At 7/31/08 03:33 AM, Shawtey wrote: it seems like people are losing interest :( what should we do to revive the club ?

I haven't lost interest, my computer died and it took ages to fix it.

Zerok, I'm still playing against Rideo in the tournament, right?

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 07:40:02

At 7/31/08 03:33 AM, Shawtey wrote: it seems like people are losing interest :( what should we do to revive the club ?

I haven't. But a man alone cannot make party, can it?

The best a man can do is invite more people to it, and that's what I'm going to do now.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 07:50:14

This is what I'm using as an invitation. Is it OK?

Sorry for the double post.

<PM>

Hello.

This is an invitation for you to join, if interested, our Chess Club here at Newgrounds. It's a club hosted by Zerok where people can play online with other Newgrounds' users, join tournaments, chat... or even learn how to play!

If you like Chess, or are interested, that's all you need to join. Drop a post there and join the fun :)

<x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x>

</PM>

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 08:27:06

Ahh, a chess club!
Thanks for the invitation, I'll join, even though i fail at chess >.<

<3

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 15:53:50

My pogo and RHP names actually match my username now! =P

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 16:06:34

At 7/31/08 03:53 PM, AniMetal wrote: My pogo and RHP names actually match my username now! =P

Shh! >:(

No one's supposed to know!

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-31 19:37:24

At 7/31/08 03:53 PM, AniMetal wrote: My pogo and RHP names actually match my username now! =P

I'm suprised you managed to get it changed, congratulations.

I'm on Pogo for the next 30 mins or so.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 03:15:39

Gladly, your username was changed. Well, I think I need to create a PalTalk account to change mine.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 05:45:27

I never had that problem >_>

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 05:53:31

CrUiz3R, I'm waiting in Blue Nile, Table 1.
Hurry.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 06:28:41

I...hate...you...Internet...
Goddammit. I can't connect to the server.
I'M SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CrUiz3R!

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 06:51:33

Its ok. I was sorta plaing Guitar hero at the same time.

In a different train of thought, i found this game where it can show the difference in offence and defense.....also skill.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 11:01:35

At 8/1/08 03:15 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, I think I need to create a PalTalk account to change mine.

Don't bother.

Everyone who has signed up on Paltalk this past month has had serious problems of some sort.

It's easier just to PM wade once every two - three weeks about it.

Trust me.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 15:54:55

At 7/31/08 12:42 PM, Murad136 wrote: Also, we don't want TOO many people in the club anyway, it will ruin it and make it much harder to run.

If the club gets bigger Zerok will have to organize things and possibly set up 'management' to help him with the work. Clubs on NG can get big with out much trouble and it will help keep up activity ( the NGPD, and EGB are large and they are run fine). I have not been active the last few days due to life (lol). I'm back now in front of my computer.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 19:42:48

At 8/1/08 11:01 AM, AniMetal wrote:
At 8/1/08 03:15 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, I think I need to create a PalTalk account to change mine.
Don't bother.

Everyone who has signed up on Paltalk this past month has had serious problems of some sort.

It's easier just to PM wade once every two - three weeks about it.

Trust me.

Well, I did PM Wade about it four weeks ago and he didn't reply and changed my username. Some users changed their usernames by directly saying it to Wade on PalTalk. So, what's next?

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 19:44:28

Sorry for the double-post. So, maybe I'll PM him again about it anyway to remind him that I didn't forget what I said to him.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 19:49:18

At 8/1/08 07:44 PM, youngblood26 wrote: Sorry for the double-post. So, maybe I'll PM him again about it anyway to remind him that I didn't forget what I said to him.

That's the best option.

Every few weeks send him a polite PM about it.

Then if it's been 2-4 months send him another PM with the title saying in all caps "CHANGE MY USERNAME PLEASE!!!"

And explain in the PM that you've wanted your name changed for months and what you want your name changed too.

What do you want it changed too?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 19:58:17

At 8/1/08 07:49 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 8/1/08 07:44 PM, youngblood26 wrote: Sorry for the double-post. So, maybe I'll PM him again about it anyway to remind him that I didn't forget what I said to him.
That's the best option.

Every few weeks send him a polite PM about it.

Then if it's been 2-4 months send him another PM with the title saying in all caps "CHANGE MY USERNAME PLEASE!!!"

And explain in the PM that you've wanted your name changed for months and what you want your name changed too.

Well, that's a great guide. Anyway, I did PM Wade today about it but I think I should PM him again and follow your guide, right?

What do you want it changed too?

Well, I wanted my username to change from "youngblood26" to "DivineRapier". Well, what do you say about it?

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 20:05:08

At 8/1/08 07:58 PM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, that's a great guide. Anyway, I did PM Wade today about it but I think I should PM him again and follow your guide, right?

Not today.

If you get no indication of him receiving your mesage(Or the actual name change) you should wait another week or two to send it.

If you're sending two+ PMs to wade in on week then you're doing it wrong and wade will most likely ignore your request and block you.

Well, I wanted my username to change from "youngblood26" to "DivineRapier". Well, what do you say about it?

Mih.

I really like this username and a lot of people have been bitching about it.

Get the name you like and won't get annoyed of in the long run.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-01 20:46:57

At 8/1/08 08:05 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 8/1/08 07:58 PM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, that's a great guide. Anyway, I did PM Wade today about it but I think I should PM him again and follow your guide, right?
Not today.

If you get no indication of him receiving your mesage(Or the actual name change) you should wait another week or two to send it.

If you're sending two+ PMs to wade in on week then you're doing it wrong and wade will most likely ignore your request and block you.

Ok, I guess I'll wait for a week or two to send him another PM about my username change.

Mih.

I really like this username and a lot of people have been bitching about it.

Yeah, sure they are. Anyway, thanks for everything, AniMetal. Well, want a chess match?

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-02 00:44:07

Glad to see you fellas keepin' the steam in this place.

I've still been avidly pursuing chess, but it's mostly been on RHP. I think I'm going to buy a subscriber pack soon. When I do, I can make a NG club there that non-subscribers can join. However, I dunno if it would be redundant or not. They have forums there (I think we can make a private one for our club on RHP) that can display interactive chess boards and shit though.

It's still kinda disappointing to see the tournament stagnate as it has, but as long as it's still posted up there, I'll consider it on. Remember, post a comment after your game with your assigned opponent, and we may finish it yet!

It was a good learning experience: round robin, especially the style I made it, may be a bit too time consuming for the purposes of this club. Fortunately there are other methods. I was planning on making some sort of leaderboard but I'll have to see some more activity tourney-wise before I invest time in getting that rolling.

Also, I wonder if I should make an advertising thread in Politics for this club. I'll bet some of the people there would be interested, though ad threads are kind of frowned upon. I'd have to consult some other mods about it. Keep sending out the word though, the sig was a great idea Murad. =)

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-02 00:53:48

A chess advertisement in a forum for politics?

Hurray for sterotypes!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-02 03:58:43

At 8/2/08 12:44 AM, Zerok wrote: Glad to see you fellas keepin' the steam in this place.

I've still been avidly pursuing chess, but it's mostly been on RHP. I think I'm going to buy a subscriber pack soon. When I do, I can make a NG club there that non-subscribers can join.

Great!!!

However, I dunno if it would be redundant or not. They have forums there (I think we can make a private one for our club on RHP) that can display interactive chess boards and shit though.

Each club gets its own private forum. Or so i've seen. What does redundant mean?

It's still kinda disappointing to see the tournament stagnate as it has, but as long as it's still posted up there, I'll consider it on. Remember, post a comment after your game with your assigned opponent, and we may finish it yet!

Already Dropped Out ._. and it was a good reason.

I'd have to consult some other mods about it. Keep sending out the word though, the sig was a great idea Murad. =)

I agree. Good sig idea. But I'll stick with mine atm. It was kinda funny.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-02 21:11:11

Great idea. But doesn't that mean you only play the flash cpu?

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-03 02:37:00

At 8/2/08 12:44 AM, Zerok wrote: It's still kinda disappointing to see the tournament stagnate as it has, but as long as it's still posted up there, I'll consider it on. Remember, post a comment after your game with your assigned opponent, and we may finish it yet!

If the world doesn't have time zones, I think the competition is already over by now but still, I dunno if my opponent will still face me because of time zone problem and inactivity. So, while I am waiting for him, I am playing "High Stakes Pool" on Pogo.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-04 23:22:12

BUMP.

If anyone wants to play me on pogo i'll be in blue nile for a hour or two.

Also how's the tourney going for the rest of y'all?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-08-05 05:59:08

At 8/4/08 11:22 PM, AniMetal wrote: Also how's the tourney going for the rest of y'all?

Well, my opponent, Prinzy2, is still inactive and we can't meet each other due to time zones. When I sleep, he wakes up; when he sleeps, I wake up.