00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

<x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x>

27,842 Views | 487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 11:39:28

At 7/25/08 11:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 7/25/08 11:16 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Youngblood, how about that match?
Well, maybe we should have our match tomorrow, I am pretty sleepy and it is 11:24 PM here, so, maybe I should rejuvenate myself for our match. What do you say?
Good luck.

K, sounds good. See you tomorrow.

Good luck to you too.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 11:41:39

At 7/25/08 11:39 AM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 7/25/08 11:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 7/25/08 11:16 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Youngblood, how about that match?
Well, maybe we should have our match tomorrow, I am pretty sleepy and it is 11:24 PM here, so, maybe I should rejuvenate myself for our match. What do you say?
Good luck.
K, sounds good. See you tomorrow.

Well, see you tomorrow as well. It's Saturday here tomorrow so there is no problem with me.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks a lot.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 21:20:06

At 7/25/08 08:06 PM, IzzyDude wrote: I'll be waiting in the Blue Nile room for either of you. Here goes.

Ok, I'll play you, again.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 21:21:37

At 7/25/08 09:20 PM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 7/25/08 08:06 PM, IzzyDude wrote: I'll be waiting in the Blue Nile room for either of you. Here goes.
Ok, I'll play you, again.

I mean, I don't have an opponent today so, let's play some chess.

Sorry for the double-post.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 22:20:56

Anyone know if Rideo is still around here, as I should be playing him?

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-25 23:49:26

While waiting for Prinzy2 to come out and face in our second round match, I'm currently online on Pogo and I'm on Blue Nile, for those who wanna play with me.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-26 01:31:29

At 7/26/08 01:12 AM, TECh2o wrote: Heh, SMC gave a me a good match.

As well as Zerok. Whew, 30 minutes of full intense chess action. Thanks for giving me a good fight, dude!

If you don't mind, try to ask your Filipino workmates if where are they from (what city or province). Thanks a lot.

<x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x>

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-26 03:20:53

Latter today I will try and play my next match.

On the strategy topic I use a mix of strategy and going with the flow. I like to be flexible. It might not be a bad idea for me to buy a chess strategy book tho. I really do enjoy playing chess, and it would be worth the buy to learn more about what I enjoy. This club also gets me thinking about chess and gives me a place to discuss and practice verse many opponents that I can get to know over time. Some of you I already know a little from the BBS.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-26 04:26:52

I wonder if Prinzy2 will play me today for our match. As of now, he is not online.

Time Zones.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-26 23:05:02

I suppose the tournament will be moving at a slower pace. Not an issue for me; if you guys want the chance to compete for real prizes though we gotta show some commitment.

At 7/26/08 03:20 AM, djconnect wrote: On the strategy topic I use a mix of strategy and going with the flow. I like to be flexible. It might not be a bad idea for me to buy a chess strategy book tho.

I actually bought one today. It's hard to fins chess books here, but I found a little trove of them in one bookstore. It's called The Complete Idiot's Guide to CHESS, and the first bit of it is allll basic stuff, but evidently there's more in depth stuff coming up. There was also a semi-novel type book, a book that was a lot of notations (something I currently don't have the patience to mull over) written by Capablanca himself. There was a kid's beginner book and some other introductory one. I got the one I got in hopes have some good reading near the end of the book.

I really do enjoy playing chess, and it would be worth the buy to learn more about what I enjoy. This club also gets me thinking about chess and gives me a place to discuss and practice verse many opponents that I can get to know over time. Some of you I already know a little from the BBS.

Same. It's quite an amazing game, yet it's so simple in concept.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 00:22:02

At 7/26/08 11:21 PM, Shawtey wrote: what do you mean by real prizes?

Things you can hold in your hand?
Maybe a subscription to RHP or something?

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 01:36:21

YO! Just got back from Calgary. Stayed overnight for the MSTRKRFT concert at flames central. I see youngblood isn't on, so I'll try and get up early tomorrow so we can play. Hopefully well get this done, but if worst comes to worst, I'll forfeit. I have to go back to Calgary to help my brother move, so I don't even know when I'll be on.

Oh, by the way, they had some other DJs that were way better IMO. Small town was probably the best. MSTRKRFT didn't even show up until 12:30. Bleh, I need some sleep. I'll try and be on in about 8 or nine hours youngblood.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 01:48:34

At 7/26/08 11:05 PM, Zerok wrote: I suppose the tournament will be moving at a slower pace. Not an issue for me; if you guys want the chance to compete for real prizes though we gotta show some commitment.

I will be on tomorrow all day. I am going to PM my opponent so we can get this round complete.

I actually bought one today. It's hard to fins chess books here, but I found a little trove of them in one bookstore.....

There is a huge book store by my house. If they do not have what your looking for they order it for you. I will most likely go to Google books and look up previews to see what book is best for me.

Same. It's quite an amazing game, yet it's so simple in concept.

I agree, to learn chess is easy, to master chess takes a life time.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 02:08:06

At 7/27/08 01:36 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: YO! Just got back from Calgary. Stayed overnight for the MSTRKRFT concert at flames central. I see youngblood isn't on, so I'll try and get up early tomorrow so we can play. Hopefully well get this done, but if worst comes to worst, I'll forfeit. I have to go back to Calgary to help my brother move, so I don't even know when I'll be on.

Well, gladly you adjust on the time zones issue. Well, we're between 12 hours so that's hard to adjust. Well, I hope you'll wake up early for our match.

Oh, by the way, they had some other DJs that were way better IMO. Small town was probably the best. MSTRKRFT didn't even show up until 12:30. Bleh, I need some sleep. I'll try and be on in about 8 or nine hours youngblood.

Well, I was rejuvenated yesterday by a nine-hour sleep due to stress and yes, hunger. Well, see you in our match. For those who wanna play me today, I'm on Blue Nile now in Pogo.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 05:30:05

CrUiz3R, when you're on PM me so we can have our match.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 05:32:23

At 7/27/08 05:30 AM, Racoonmario wrote: CrUiz3R, when you're on PM me so we can have our match.

Well, good luck on your match. I wonder where the hell is Prinzy2. I guess he will forfeit our match. That's sad that we won't play each other.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 11:10:24

Ok I'm here. I have maybe an hour or so before I have to leave.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-27 20:17:51

At 7/27/08 11:10 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Ok I'm here. I have maybe an hour or so before I have to leave.

Well, well, well, is our match still possibly on? Well, when you are asleep, I am online, when I am asleep, you're online. So, maybe our match is forfeited due to "time zone issue", again.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 01:35:26

Zerok, I'm probably going to have to drop ouyt of the tournament. I am struggling to get on at the right time for my matches. I wish i could be on at the right time, but I have school comitments and studing to do.

Member of the Newgrounds Chess Club W - 10 / L - 3 / D - 2

Compliments to Mr. Congeniality on the sig. =D

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 02:08:11

At 7/28/08 01:35 AM, CrUiZ3R wrote: Zerok, I'm probably going to have to drop ouyt of the tournament. I am struggling to get on at the right time for my matches. I wish i could be on at the right time, but I have school comitments and studing to do.

Well, if that's your final decision, that's gonna be sad. Well, you should post your decision here.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 04:17:41

I'm still open for matches on RHP. CrUiZ3R is the username. I just can't see the chance to get on pogo. Also timezones kind of stuff me up.

Member of the Newgrounds Chess Club W - 10 / L - 3 / D - 2

Compliments to Mr. Congeniality on the sig. =D

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 07:04:26

At 7/28/08 06:57 AM, Murad136 wrote: I'll play IzzyDude today if he's free.

Yeah, when I was young I only did it for fun, if your playing with parents and stuff it could be fun, but now I realise it is also good for the brain and helps you inprove in other subjects, so yeah...

Well, same here. Chess is all about logic, strategy, being keen and ability to think fast. That's why I applied it on my studies.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 13:18:00

Hey, I'm bored, I'll be on Pogo in the Blue Nile Room. Username same as mine here.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-28 22:10:41

Izzy we need to play for the tournmaent meet me on blue nile. Now.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 01:37:57

ll, I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow morning. For a week. So I guess none of you will get the privilege of getting to play me in that week. =P But seriously, I'll be gone, good luck to everyone who's in the tournament right now. Gu-rrilla will be depositing for me, so any uncharacteristic posts are most likely from him.

I'm watching you >_>

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 04:35:43

Well, I dunno if there are still active Chess players here because I didn't see them online. Well, anyway, I am online, meet me on Blue Nile for those who wanna face me.

To Prinzy2, is our match will occur?

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 08:51:57

At 7/29/08 04:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, I dunno if there are still active Chess players here because I didn't see them online.

I'm still active and regularly watching this club. It's just that right now I am in a stage of gathering some knowledge, but If anyone wants to play with me, your best bet is to send me a PM telling me to get on Pogo.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 09:19:05

At 7/29/08 08:51 AM, YoungAndWise wrote:
At 7/29/08 04:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, I dunno if there are still active Chess players here because I didn't see them online.
I'm still active and regularly watching this club. It's just that right now I am in a stage of gathering some knowledge, but If anyone wants to play with me, your best bet is to send me a PM telling me to get on Pogo.

Well, while I am waiting for someone to get online on Pogo Chess, I am hanging out with the greatest billiard players online on "High Stakes Pool" on Pogo. Well, Let's play dude, I'm on Blue Nile now.

Should I create a "Billiards Online Club"?

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 09:22:34

At 7/29/08 09:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Let's play dude, I'm on Blue Nile

Lies >=(

I'm there and I don't see you. Get in, slave. NOW!

lolz

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-29 09:24:55

At 7/29/08 09:22 AM, YoungAndWise wrote:
At 7/29/08 09:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Let's play dude, I'm on Blue Nile
Lies >=(

I'm there and I don't see you. Get in, slave. NOW!

Well, I was there earlier and I was away, and I'm back again.