00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox.

65,216 Views | 231 Replies
Respond to this Topic

For the sake of making last month's prize winners feel like crap (ok, and because he's a really great guy), Luis has asked that half of his prize money to go towards the American Cancer Society's fight against breast cancer, on behalf of the Newgrounds community. I couldn't possibly tolerate Luis being more generous than Newgrounds.com Incorporated, so I upped the total to $500 and made the donation via this form. You can do it too! No pressure, though. No one is JUDGING YOU.

Be sure to check out some of the great new games on the site this week! And yeah, I now have SEVERAL user icons for when I post on the front page - this prevents visitors from being greeted by three duplicate pictures of me when they come to the site. This might be worse, though.

Soulja-Boy, who has gone on to become a huge music sensation all over the MTVs, had this to say in a recent interview:

"after I finish my career, I'm trying to go back to do my first career that I was trying to accomplish. I want to be a computer animator, and I still got that dream, that's why I'm trying to bring that into my music."

You know what this means? It means that Flash Artist > Famous Hip Hop Star. Remember those words next time you're struggling to finish a big animation!

Also don't miss the current art contest and Halloween competition. Happy Thursday!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:16:13

Yeah, we thought that was nice of Luis

first post

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:17:31

awesome icons by the way!

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:17:51

Aww... Luis is nice. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:04

Thats what i like to hear Tom, Hip-Hop and Animation = Good combo!

*cough* Use my music *Cough* lol

Check out my newest song HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:23

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: You know what this means? It means that Flash Artist > Famous Hip Hop Star. Remember those words next time you're struggling to finish a big animation!

LOL Flash artists will one day rule the world.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:35

Man Tom Fulp, you're a real model citizen. I think we should all look up to you.

Mr. Newgrounds is an American hero.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:39

Coolio.

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:47

sweetness.

frist page plox?

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:18:58

Animation huh? Hm, they better atleast be better than his song I hope, if they arn't eh at least he was a one hit wonder. Oh well talent, wha da ya gona do with it?

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:19:18

OMG first page

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:19:42

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
You know what this means? It means that Flash Artist > Famous Hip Hop Star. Remember those words next time you're struggling to finish a big animation!

Win, Thats just awesome.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:20:22

Ohh, so that's why you had so many faces.

Also, cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:21:35

That was very nice of Luis.

---

And yes, Newgrounds has been getting some very great games recently.

Portals I thought was very original. Was portals an actual video game? If it was, I don't really care. The game still rocks.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:21:56

YOOOOOOOUUUUU!

That's Soulja Boy's big song or "catchphrase." I think it's really called "Crank That (Soulja Boy)"

But it's nice to know that these modern MTV rats think about the future. Knowing they probably have none (Britney Spears).

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:23:10

Soulja Boy Up In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank It
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
den Super Man Dat Hoe
Now watch me YOOOOUUUU

HARDCOAR SOULJA FO' SHO

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:23:29

At 10/11/07 06:21 PM, Ajax-Cubed wrote: That was very nice of Luis.

---

And yes, Newgrounds has been getting some very great games recently.

Portals I thought was very original. Was portals an actual video game? If it was, I don't really care. The game still rocks.

Yeah, it's the new Half Life game.. just released yesterday I think.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:25:19

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: "after I finish my career, I'm trying to go back to do my first career that I was trying to accomplish. I want to be a computer animator, and I still got that dream, that's why I'm trying to bring that into my music."

Have to say that this makes my respect for the guy go up a lot. From 0 to some arbitrary number higher than 0.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:26:21

well good for him (that kiss ass) haha kiddin, realy that was pretty cool of him! and sweet new icons tom

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:28:15

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: I couldn't possibly tolerate Luis being more generous than Newgrounds.com Incorporated, so I upped the total to $500 and made the donation via this form.

I may not be able to match that, but I can try.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:28:30

Wow, Luis, that was the nicest thing i´ve ever seen a NGer do. Luis really is a great guy. Every post i see of his is always nice and helpful - NG needs more people like you Luis, and thanks for giving NG a good name. It´s just a shame some people here would rather post a quick ´first´ to get the first post on a news topic than give you recognition for what you have done.

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:28:31

Soulja-Boy I hate.
Nice icons through.

//Newgrounds Anti Spam Petition//Brawl Friend Code: 1934 2126 9747/ Wii Number: 4796 8198 3995 9066

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:29:09

Hah NICE. Wait'll I tell ma boy this

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:29:11

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:

haha, made me laugh. luis is nice. spending money on all sorts of stuff, like that sketchbook.

hey tom, do you watch the office? its on tonight. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:29:47

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Be sure to check out some of the great new games on the site this week! And yeah, I now have SEVERAL user icons for when I post on the front page - this prevents visitors from being greeted by three duplicate pictures of me when they come to the site. This might be worse, though.

I liked them when i saw them, but i think that style messes with the way the original one is drawn... is this one still going to be used for frontpage posts or only for submissions and userpage news?
its just a small detail tho, so no big deal. i find it a BIT confusing, you think its different people posting news for like the first second, then you realize its the same guy : P

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:29:53

I like the icons, they give us a new look of you. =P. I like the games in your news post as well.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:30:17

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know what "Superman Dat Hoe" refers to in the Soulja-Boy song, go check out the definition on Urban Dictionary.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:30:48

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: For the sake of making last month's prize winners feel like crap (ok, and because he's a really great guy), Luis has asked that half of his prize money

Half ? What a bastard.

No one is JUDGING YOU.

No worries, I don`t give a shit :3

Just joking, Luis is a total stud for doing that awesome donation, and if I can I will also :3

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:31:39

At 10/11/07 06:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: And yeah, I now have SEVERAL user icons for when I post on the front page - this prevents visitors from being greeted by three duplicate pictures of me when they come to the site.

Will the other staff members also have that option, or is that much only for you?

Response to Soulja Boy <3 animating & Luis rox. 2007-10-11 18:33:50

WOW! he might make some great animation for his songs!!! I have an idea for one of his flash animations: how about a robot programmed to have autism who reaks havoc throughout the town of Stephenville, Newfoundland!! I was going to make a flash animation series about it on albino black sheep, but I later on abandoned it because it was supposed to be a serious plot line (FYI, I like doing movies that are funny, but I keep getting blammed)