00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

44,022 Views | 669 Replies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:32:12

I just want to ask a wee question, How excactly would the SS find out your adress from your IP?
Do they have a big IP database or something?

No one on the corner has swagga like us

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:33:00

Oh wow, things are getting worse day by day, whats next, were not allowed to have personal opinions?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:33:59

At 5/24/07 03:31 PM, Stomer wrote: Wade, you should of told them to fuck off and declared war against America. NG versus America.

That would be a short war.

Hey, I just got it. In Tankmen 1.5 the father of the sniper says "kill a few commies for me". COuld refer to the opponents of the tank-owners being, not so much communists, but rather anti-american, with america just being forgotten as the war progressed.

cock joke

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:34:15

At 5/24/07 03:32 PM, Rowan-Tea wrote: I just want to ask a wee question, How excactly would the SS find out your adress from your IP?
Do they have a big IP database or something?

They'd contact your ISP.

Man, I kind of want to count the time that people prove that they haven't read the thread... but I really don't think it needs to be proven.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:36:35

What about fake IPs and proxies and other stuff?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:38:14

At 5/24/07 03:36 PM, Pennmannen wrote: What about fake IPs and proxies and other stuff?

Read page 14. Cojones893 and Wade and other address the issue. >:\

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:39:10

but wait... i could threaten the prez in my library at school (no security there) then leave and go home!

i founds a loophole! (not that i would ever try it of course)

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:40:22

Wow, I'm really suprised they would do something like this. I would expect it to be so common that they would just ignore it. Luckily for me, I live in Canada, so they can't do anything to me. I won't make any threats though.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:42:48

At 5/24/07 03:30 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: I guess I'd be surprised/angry if I randomly got called by the SS. You seem pretty hung up on it. <3

It wasn't that big of a deal, and it was kind of fun to help the SS, but I don't want it to become a regular thing. I don't want users purposely f'ing around so other users can call the SS on them, and have the SS calling me all the time to get their info. Also I'd hate for someone's life to be altered, ruined, etc, because they were stupid and joking around. For some, a visit from the SS may not be a big deal. For others, it could turn into a big deal. Imagine if you lived in a community where you were known as the guy who had the Secret Service investigate you for threatening the President? May prevent you from getting a job, who knows. It may get you beat up at school. It may result in your parents (if you have parents) taking away your computer, Internet, etc.

I'm just trying to make sure people are aware of the risks they take by making such comments. Even if I have to yell and make an ass of myself to get people to pay attention and learn something.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:44:25

At 5/24/07 03:42 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Even if I have to yell and make an ass of myself to get people to pay attention and learn something.

And you did an excellent job.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:45:25

At 5/24/07 03:43 PM, ShitOnMyShoes wrote: And the Secret Service were lurking on Newgrounds because...?

Obviously because they like flash animation.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:45:26

At 5/24/07 03:42 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 5/24/07 03:30 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: I guess I'd be surprised/angry if I randomly got called by the SS. You seem pretty hung up on it. <3
It wasn't that big of a deal, and it was kind of fun to help the SS, but I don't want it to become a regular thing. I don't want users purposely f'ing around so other users can call the SS on them, and have the SS calling me all the time to get their info. Also I'd hate for someone's life to be altered, ruined, etc, because they were stupid and joking around. For some, a visit from the SS may not be a big deal. For others, it could turn into a big deal. Imagine if you lived in a community where you were known as the guy who had the Secret Service investigate you for threatening the President? May prevent you from getting a job, who knows. It may get you beat up at school. It may result in your parents (if you have parents) taking away your computer, Internet, etc.

I'm just trying to make sure people are aware of the risks they take by making such comments. Even if I have to yell and make an ass of myself to get people to pay attention and learn something.

Well, not in all cases will the news that such a thing will get around. I Mean, yeah, it would be a big deal, but people like me "who live on a farm." It's very hard for people to know what goes on here. Even if there was a huge shoot-out, not THAT amny people would know about it maybe a few neighbors. XD Of course, I will don't want to be pestered by a bunch of lackey's So, I will still refrain from the threats XD

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:45:31

At 5/24/07 03:42 PM, WadeFulp wrote: It wasn't that big of a deal, and it was kind of fun to help the SS, but I don't want it to become a regular thing. I don't want users purposely f'ing around so other users can call the SS on them, and have the SS calling me all the time to get their info.

Not only that, if it DID become a regular thing the spotlight would certainly get brighter on ol' NG, and NOT in the good way. If we're known as that place that keeps getting SS flags, the powers that be may just decide it'd be easier if NG wasn't able to generate such alerts.

Use your imagination.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:46:52

Thats lame, stupid secret service watching over a flash forum. I mean they must of over hired and they all ran out of shit to do.

What happens if a citizen outside the U.S makes a threat?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:47:19

At 5/24/07 03:43 PM, ShitOnMyShoes wrote: And the Secret Service were lurking on Newgrounds because...?

Read the topic. They're not. A user saw the threats and reported them to the Secret Service.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:48:02

At 5/24/07 03:46 PM, Matt1010 wrote: What happens if a citizen outside the U.S makes a threat?

No clue. Hopefully someone can find out and post here. I've done a little Googling on the subject and didn't come up with much.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:50:45

At 5/24/07 03:48 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 5/24/07 03:46 PM, Matt1010 wrote: What happens if a citizen outside the U.S makes a threat?
No clue. Hopefully someone can find out and post here. I've done a little Googling on the subject and didn't come up with much.

Well, unless you live in a anarchy of Barbaric civilization. Most countries today are in line with the United Nations. So, such treaties and obligations wouldn't allow offical threats. Now, of course there, it won't be taken to such a measure as it would here.. You might get a call or your internet activity maybe watched. But if you were to OFFICALLY threat the president, you would be in trouble :P

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:50:58

At 5/24/07 03:48 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

EItheir way I don't think any of us want any troubles coming towards you. But the secret service should have the common sense to know that this website is full of minors and immaturity and its bound to have some sort of threat joke.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:52:06

At 5/24/07 03:50 PM, Matt1010 wrote: EItheir way I don't think any of us want any troubles coming towards you. But the secret service should have the common sense to know that this website is full of minors and immaturity and its bound to have some sort of threat joke.

I'm sure they do, but they are still obligated to investigate it.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 15:57:19

Did anybody have the balls yet to make death threats to George Bush?

I am SO tempted to right now. I think the Secret Service is full of hotties. With their sunglasses, fancy suits, and earpieces. The idea of them knocking on my door is utterly delicious.

Fucking communists. >:C

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:00:08

Praise George W. Bush. He is a great man. I love him. Best president I've ever lived through. But then again, there have only been three president's in my time.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:02:05

Anyone apprehended?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:03:43

Wow, that's crazy. No more jokes about the president from me anymore. ><

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:06:16

At 5/24/07 04:05 PM, MisterDielectric wrote: That violates freedom of speech.

I thought I'd share that...

Brought up many times, the horse is skeletal before a whip was even laid.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:09:04

At 5/24/07 04:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Brought up many times, the horse is skeletal before a whip was even laid.

Man you must be baggin' them at 5 a page by now.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:09:51

At 5/24/07 04:09 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 5/24/07 04:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Brought up many times, the horse is skeletal before a whip was even laid.
Man you must be baggin' them at 5 a page by now.

Three on this page so far!

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:11:00

At 5/24/07 04:08 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: Why was the Cia browsing the forums anyways...?

It's the secret service. They've been reffered to as the police, FBI and CIA by now. Wanna bet NSA comes in in a few pages?

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:12:10

thats scary when you think about it

> z0r. (Random, and possibly NSFW.)

> Sig by lopas1.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:13:16

TOO DAMN LATE WADE,THEY ALREADY VISITED ME.

Also,can they visit me if i made a joke about the queen?
I'm in the US,so...

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 16:14:18

At 5/24/07 04:13 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote:
At 5/24/07 04:11 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 5/24/07 04:08 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: Why was the Cia browsing the forums anyways...?
It's the secret service. They've been reffered to as the police, FBI and CIA by now. Wanna bet NSA comes in in a few pages?
Still doesn't answer my question as to why any authority figure has found posts of threats towards the president unless shown to them.

If you haven't been reading the thread. Then you would know that WillPostForFood reported the situation to the FBI and they forwarded that to the Secret Service.

Also, the CIA doesn't conduct opertation in America.