00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PlayerPanic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,525,487 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 13:54:16

Its an evil page... this guy would be proud. Or naked. Whichever comes first I guess.

I hope SD is good tonight. I really am not looking forward to having the ECW roster and SD roster combined since that means guys that get little to no air time now will never be on tv again.. The one guy that could benifit from this is Nunzio since he could go back to the CW division.. Not that thats a real step up....

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 16:49:56

LOL at Mideon. One of the greatest angles in Wrestling history: Shane MacMahon gave The European Title to Mideon just so he'd leave him alone. Never had a title been treated like such a paperweight.

Also, Happy 666th page, Wrestling Club! Hail Sabin!

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 18:28:32

Just some more thoughts out of an ECW super fan that backs up what I and the rest of you have said here:

With the Sci Fi deal expiring in December, WWE's primary goal will be to get ratings up so they can get a renewal, so expect lots of big Smackdown names on the show and big matches tossed out there. In a worst case scenario, the company will move ECW to their website while keeping their international deals. That said, there's no guarantee the ECW brand will exist in the long-term as everything is up in the air. A year from now, the letters ECW could mean as much as the names Velocity or Heat. There's even talk of Michael Hayes taking over as lead writer for both ECW and Smackdown to begin merging the two entities. When you look at the first One Night Stand in 2005 and follow the timeline from then until now, it's absolutely amazing how badly WWE completely blew it every step of the way with the ECW name and brand. Unless the goal was to decimate nostalgia interest in the ECW brand all along, you can't consider the handling of ECW anything but an abject failure. The first two ONS PPVs did great business just based on the lure of ECW as this wild, rebellious entity, to the point that the buyrate for the first PPV shocked everyone internally. Once WWE turned took the legend of the counter-culture ECW and evolved it into a third-tier WWE product, the entire fan interest in ECW as a whole waned. It's amazing to look at the DVD sales for the ECW branded titles. The Rise and Fall of ECW still remains the best selling WWE produced DVD ever outside of the Wrestlemania titles. Not Ric Flair, Not Hulk Hogan, not Bret Hart. ECW holds that distinction. If you follow the sales for the ECW DVD titles that follow, they all dropped considerably once the new WWE version of the ECW letters prominently replaced the old guard and vision. It's amazing to think that with their multi-million dollar budgeting and corporate muscle that WWE failed to create 1/100th of the interest in the ECW letters that Paul Heyman was able to do running it haphazard out of his parent's home. In many ways, there was more interest in ECW when it was dead and buried. WWE decided to rise the phoenix out of the grave, simply to shoot it in the head one last time. When the book on this chapter in wrestling is closed, I hope everyone realizes that the reason this ECW failed is that it wasn't ECW. WWE teased the audience they were bringing back ECW and instead didn't deliver. That bait and switch cost WWE the audience that showed up the first few weeks before they threw their hands up and walked away. It's mind boggling how bad they killed the potential of the ECW golden goose and before anyone can claim otherwise, I point to the DVD sales and PPV buyrates before they launched the new brand and I point to the lack thereof now. To me, that's all the proof we need that the audience was willing to support ECW, until they realized it wasn't truly ECW.

Mike Johnson everybody!!

Glen Sorlie sent word that Tommy Dreamer will be a "Legend" in the Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 video game, but unlike other Legends like The Rock, Sabu and Terry Funk, gamers will be able to play with Dreamer immediately as opposed to unlocking him via game play.

That's baffling to me as Tommy is firmly a part (read: Jobber) with the ECW brand. I do know if you happen to own a Gameshark you can hack people's brand affliation and shift them onto whichever show you want. Honestly, a Gameshark is worth the 10 or 20 bucks for a SD! vs. RAW game because there's so many interesting things you can do to the game (like custom match types) if you know where to look for the codes.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 18:45:53

At 10/19/07 05:34 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Seeing as it's the 666th page, I have a question. If you couldn't choose Kane or Undertaker, who would you choose as your favourite 'supernatural' gimmick in professional wrestling history? It can be anyone from past or present for good reasons or bad.

Taker all the way. No other gimmick has had the lasting power of the deadman, and he always seems to have a coolness to him that few are able to match.

Taker is one of the wrestlers that got me into wrestling to begin with, so that character is one I always hold with some high reguard.

Think CM Punk would be a dominant force on SD? With Batista, GK and Henry constantly getting pushed? Yeah right. ECW has helped Puck become a star, so it's not all bad. I know it's not the real ECW of the past, but it's still a decent show all things considered.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 19:08:24

At 10/19/07 06:45 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Taker all the way. No other gimmick has had the lasting power of the deadman, and he always seems to have a coolness to him that few are able to match.

Taker is one of the wrestlers that got me into wrestling to begin with, so that character is one I always hold with some high reguard.

Agreed on all points. Look, strip that gimmick down to it's essentials ok? Forget all the mystique and legend and what not infused in it, take it for what it is: Some monster of a man dressed up in an ugly costume (I'm talking at first) and he just runs people over and has all these spooky effects. On paper this thing should have died and gone into the wrestlecrap hall of fame. But it struck a cord with people, and WWE and Mark Calloway committed to it and have continued to develop and evolve it over the years. There's a reason he's spent 15 or 16 years in that character and gimmick (you have to subtract the years he was the Biker Taker though).

Think CM Punk would be a dominant force on SD? With Batista, GK and Henry constantly getting pushed? Yeah right. ECW has helped Puck become a star, so it's not all bad. I know it's not the real ECW of the past, but it's still a decent show all things considered.

If Punk is a star it's IN SPITE of that show and it's craptacular booking. Punk has not been booked well at all since Heyman left, and the brand itself is just a quagmire of little to no story telling. It plodded on for months spinning it's wheels, not getting anybody over, and instead of using the asset of the Originals to help mentor and get that "next generation of ECW" over, they jobbed them and treated them like putz's until those guys ultimately stopped caring and allowed themselves to be fired. WWE completely blew it with the ECW letters and product, they could have had something special and instead they have a C branded show that can barely outscore TNA Impact at this point. There's no freakin excuse for the pissant promotion (from the perspective of money and organization) that the real ECW was vs the third identifiable brand of WWE (the massive conglomerate with all this money and marketing muscle) to be infinitely better! None! WWE should have been able to make the new ECW bigger, better, and more respected then the original, but because they don't understand what made that show work (good storytelling, slow builds, feuds and matches that mattered, interesting characters) they've just created a lame duck promotion waiting for the final ax to fall until it becomes Velocity 2.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 19:38:03

At 10/19/07 05:34 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Seeing as it's the 666th page, I have a question. If you couldn't choose Kane or Undertaker, who would you choose as your favourite 'supernatural' gimmick in professional wrestling history? It can be anyone from past or present for good reasons or bad.

Sting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-19 23:12:00

At 10/19/07 07:38 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Sting.

I wouldn't really call that gimmick supernatural. Yes, it's based off The Crow, but it's not like he was booked as this guy who would pop up from just about anything, or had really spooky effects or anything. Maybe for that year he seemed to just go to WCW shows and "haunt" the place (and jesus christ I need somebody to set me up with THAT kind of work), but definitely since then he has not been portrayed as really supernatural at all, which is why when they try to book him into these dumb ass cemetary matches or whatever I scratch my head. Just because the guy has spooky face paint does not make him spooky mother fuckers!!!

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 05:58:12

Hope in this 666th page of this thread will not happened some misfortune to me! Haha..kidding...

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 05:59:15

At 10/19/07 11:27 AM, PantyWipe wrote: and I made it on page 666 so that means its totally rad.

The Naked Funhouse.

Cool, I'll join! Sorry for Double posting.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 06:00:31

At 10/19/07 11:27 AM, PantyWipe wrote: and I made it on page 666 so that means its totally rad.

The Naked Funhouse.

Damn, It's locked thread!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 13:12:32

I want to say Great Muta, but I don't recall him ever being all that "supernatural"... He did have (has, actually) the attire to fit that description though.

I'm actually going to go with a gimmick that was lasted all of one night.... The Halloween Phantom. If anyone remembers this, you get NOTHING!! It was bascially Rick Rude dressed up as a phantom, like I said, it didn't last long, but for some reason that gimmick has always been memorable to me.

And of course... there's this gimmick.

Now THAT'S A SUPERNATURAL GIMMICK THAT KICKS ASS!!

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 13:15:37

ECW is going down the tubes. Save us, jericho.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 13:53:07

At 10/20/07 01:12 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And of course... there's this gimmick.

Now THAT'S A SUPERNATURAL GIMMICK THAT KICKS ASS!!

XD LOL Give that girl a contract and a title! If anyone can save the WWE it's her!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 14:09:09

Well, no supernatural gimmicks can compare to Kane and Undertaker. But...erm......I actually cannot think of a good supernatural gimmick. TNAs supernaturals are all rip offs of WWE stars.

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 20:28:29

WWE just released Kristal.

Source: Gerweck.net

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE has released Kristal Marshall. So much for her requested move to Raw to be with boyfriend Bobby Lashley.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 20:51:36

At 10/20/07 08:28 PM, LordKooler wrote: WWE just released Kristal.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE has released Kristal Marshall. So much for her requested move to Raw to be with boyfriend Bobby Lashley.

Q: What's the quickest way to kill an storyline?

A: fire the line's central character.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-20 21:41:11

At 10/20/07 01:15 PM, Redface wrote: ECW is going down the tubes. Save us, jericho.

If Y2J returns, I put money that he will go to RAW --- the rich will just get richer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 03:23:05

At 10/20/07 08:28 PM, LordKooler wrote: Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE has released Kristal Marshall. So much for her requested move to Raw to be with boyfriend Bobby Lashley.

I imagine we'll here more on this on Monday, Mike Johnson reported that he heard one version from somebody, but wanted it confirmed before he puts it out there. That says to me this is probably a situation that won't be flattering for Miss Marshal. The sad part here is how you handle this with Teddy, if in fact they are even really planning to bring Teddy back, because I could easily see them writing off the "heart attack" as a way to get Teddy off TV and out of the GM slot...I do hope he comes back though as he's a great talker and can be a great character. I do think he was getting a bit stale as the straight out babyface GM so maybe they could turn this into a situation where he can come back a bitter heel. They can say Kristal left him, Vickie stole his job, and now he's got this new protege (and please for the love of God let it be a new or returning talent who actually HAS talent but is just shite on the stick. Let's not waste this one please, please WWE?) to take SD! apart.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 07:20:59

Hey guys!
So, predictions for Cyber Sunday?

MVP vs Matt Hardy for US Championship. I think it will be voted as MMA.
Matt Hardy will pull out the win in this one, because on more than one occasion, Matt has proved his superiority over MVP in a lot of things. But it will be tough, because MVP is a pretty good athlete. But I'm saying Hardy here.

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton for WWE title. Its so obvious the fans will vote HBK straight away. I'm not saying Shawn will win because he's a face, I think he will win because he showed us in his match with Randy Orton. It didn't finish in a usual way, but he dominated Orton for the majority of this match. And he'll be psyched up for it.

Batista vs Undertaker for World Heavyweight Championship. Special referee.
The special referee won't be JBL. I'm hoping its Foley, cos Austins been coming back alot, and I wanna see Foley this time. So, if its Foley this is my prediction. Batista will retain because of Foley causing trouble. He had a long running feud with 'Taker which never really ended. It went on for YEARS. He had a feud with Evolution, eventually teaming up with the Rock to lose to them, but this wasn't involving Batista too much. I think Foley will attack both, or just 'Taker, costing him this chance at the WHC. Whatever happens, if Foleys involved, it'll be good.

Mysterio vs Finlay, non-title. I think fans are gonna go for stretcher match, simply because they're usually great matches. I think Mysterio will win, because Finlay doesn't use as much strategy and is not as opportunistic as Rey. Rey will use his skill and brains to get Finlay in the stretcher and up the ramp. They've been at each others throats in the past weeks, but Rey has to be the one most affected. Finlay interfering in matches, attacking him with shillellagh etc.

Umaga vs Triple H. This seems like a good one. I wanna see a street fight.
Umaga has a big chance of winning. But I think HHH is gonna win, simply because he's one of Raws biggest faces. McMahon will have HHH win this match. But I guess he was really hurt, so Umaga has an advantage. Either way, this could be a very good match. Umaga is used to using pure savage tactics to take out his opponents, so with weapons at his disposal he'll find his tactics are useful here. But Triple H is smart, and ruthless. He can use alot of the Street Fight rules to claim the win. He is good with weapons allowed matches, and he's very capable of winning. Im going to say Triple H for this one.

CM Punk vs The Miz. ECW Championship match.
This'll be a dull match. Choosing all heels for the voting wasn't a good idea. The Miz will win the votes, because people see him as an easy win for Punk basically. If they'd chucked in Tommy Dreamer, we could have had a better match up. But obviously Punk has won the ECW championship, Miz hasn't. CM Punk'll win this. But we've never seen Miz vs any of these title contenders. Punk, Morrison and Big Daddy V are who I'm talking about. So we could get a surprise here.

And someone will return/debut at this PPV. The end of these Save_Us promos may happen, and it could be Jericho, or even Edge. I'll be happy if it's either of these two, but if it isn't Jericho, he will probably will return at Survivor Series, because he finishes his book signings on the Friday before the Sunday that it is on. But if its the debut of the Hart Foundation 2.0, the children of some of the previous Hart Foundation, it could be exciting. We'll have to see.

What are your predictions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 08:44:38

At 10/20/07 09:41 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 10/20/07 01:15 PM, Redface wrote: ECW is going down the tubes. Save us, jericho.
If Y2J returns, I put money that he will go to RAW --- the rich will just get richer.

But If he go to RAW he will save RAW and maybe to b No.1 Contender in Armageddon.[ I think it.]

My Life is Time.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 10:43:09

Cyber Sunday doesn't have the best card in the world, but there are a few interesting things about it. I just checked WWE.com about the Hardy/MVP match and I don't see anything that says the match is for the U.S. title. I think it's just another competition thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 11:16:52

At 10/21/07 10:43 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Cyber Sunday doesn't have the best card in the world, but there are a few interesting things about it. I just checked WWE.com about the Hardy/MVP match and I don't see anything that says the match is for the U.S. title. I think it's just another competition thing.

From WWE.com's description of the match:
"In a Wrestling Match, the two will square off one-on-one in the ring, further fueling Hardy's quest to prove he is deserving of another opportunity at MVP's United States Championship."

Yup, it's just another competition between the two. It makes me wonder how long they can keep this fued going without the fans losing interest in it. I mean, this has been going for a long time, longer than most other active storylines currently going.
All that's keeping it going is the fans' anticipation to see the two finally square off for the title.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 12:31:31

They're still doing that? Damn, I've stopped watching smack down altogether because of it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-21 21:42:06

At 10/21/07 11:16 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Yup, it's just another competition between the two. It makes me wonder how long they can keep this fued going without the fans losing interest in it. I mean, this has been going for a long time, longer than most other active storylines currently going.
All that's keeping it going is the fans' anticipation to see the two finally square off for the title.

You have to admit it's one of the better stories going on right now, and the sheer fact that they haven't rushed to make that match is impressive. Matt and MVP are really elevating each other, both are going to gain from this fued.

That being said I do want Matt to get a run with the U.S. title. It's been way too long since the last time Matt held a singles title.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 00:28:48

This may be old news, but John Cena didn't get hurt!!! He's on the new "Celebrity Apprentice" with Donald Trump!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 01:31:35

At 10/22/07 12:28 AM, Cleavis wrote: This may be old news, but John Cena didn't get hurt!!! He's on the new "Celebrity Apprentice" with Donald Trump!

Or maybe the answer here is that he DID get hurt, and this show was taped well in advance of his injury...yeah, that's logical too I'd say.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 01:45:11

At 10/22/07 01:31 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 10/22/07 12:28 AM, Cleavis wrote: This may be old news, but John Cena didn't get hurt!!! He's on the new "Celebrity Apprentice" with Donald Trump!
Or maybe the answer here is that he DID get hurt, and this show was taped well in advance of his injury...yeah, that's logical too I'd say.

that could be true... but the taping just started in the past two weeks.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 07:23:05

Source - Wrestling Observer

As reported earlier, WWE SmackDown superstar Chris Masters was injured during the United Kingdom tour this past week. Apparently it happened in a tag team match Thursday night in Nottingham, England when he took a hit from the Undertaker.

Masters was taken out of the ring by medics and was later diagnosed with a dislocated elbow. He didn't wrestle the rest of the tour and as of right now there is no update on how long he will be out of action.

I know most of you don't really care about Masters but I figured I'd post this anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 09:35:24

At 10/22/07 07:23 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I know most of you don't really care about Masters but I figured I'd post this anyway.

I wonder what'll happen with the whole Palumbo thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-10-22 13:45:03

>_>

<_<

ANYONE MISS MEEEEEEEEE? :P

I'm using a neighbor's computer (although he doesn't know I'm using it, but he shouldn't be too pissed about it) so I can post; I was going to take a moment to make a new account, as I've been wanting a fresh start at NG since the new layout, but you all know my comp gets in my way, so I've been patiently waiting.... Oh, I've been available, but I haven't been capable. The neighbor who gave me my current one, however, has a possibly faster comp for sale for cheap, so that MIGHT change.

I have been catching quite a bit of TNA recently, and it's turned into my new favorite - for reasons that'll hopefully someday end with Vince begging for money on a street corner. In speaking of that, I see that WWECW is finally almost done with its slow, agonizing death; maybe this is Heyman's chance to get it back from him.

Back to TNA: I have a LOOOOOOOOT to say about TNA, but won't right now; I have to see if I can't strike a deal to be able to use this computer on a regular basis. However, I will ask one thing: What's all the racket I hear about major big name talents (besides Lesnar on the way, sounds like) & them pulling a 'hostile takeover' of another wrestling franchise? Sounds good from this end.

At 10/20/07 08:28 PM, LordKooler wrote: WWE just released Kristal.

Dave Meltzer = epic fail........wait, so he's her REAL boyfriend?

At 10/16/07 03:10 PM, LordKooler wrote: Hi guys. WWE just released Booker T, Sharmell and Daivari. What are your thoughts on this?

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! (No offense to them......lol.....)

At 10/16/07 09:36 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Daivari, on the other hand, asked to be released.

*sound of TNA opening its doors to Iran*
Maybe he got pissed off due to that last match I saw him in with the 'Capture the Flag' thing; it looked like Vince took his Iranian heritage & wiped his ass with it. I'm not a fan of Daivari, but that could be why he left. (I didn't know he was Iranian until that particular match.)

At 10/14/07 09:49 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Also, word is that Paul Burchill might soon join up with Drew and Dave Taylor.

Took Vince long enough to let him back in:

Vince: "Hmmmmmm, everyone's saying that his gimmick is a Jack Sparrow rip-off........I know - rather than ignore those douchebags, I'll boot him off the roster!"

*lowers head in disgust*

At 10/16/07 06:58 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: The new Save_Us video.

If anything, this one leads even further towrds Jericho than ever. Plus another Bible verse pops up; I think it was Revelations. 2nd_Coming Upon_Us? It's Jericho alright.

So THAT'S what that crap was about! Cool, but TNA might do better with him.

"DON'T YOU WISH YOU WERE ME? THE KING OF ALL YOU SEE?"

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.