00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SlamtheTopHatMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,527,642 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:18:58

I know one of the Hearthrobs is currently wrestling in Puerto Rico because I saw him last night and I also saw Carlito taking on Tomko so I guess he'll be working for a while then head to Japan.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:29:56

At 4/16/06 06:18 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I know one of the Hearthrobs is currently wrestling in Puerto Rico because I saw him last night and I also saw Carlito taking on Tomko so I guess he'll be working for a while then head to Japan.

Thats COOL ! Some tour for Backlash or something I'm guessing.

XBL Gamertag: Champigne [Reggae Club] Offer some insight..

I double dog dare you to click my ads!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:39:20

At 4/16/06 06:29 PM, Champigne wrote:
Thats COOL ! Some tour for Backlash or something I'm guessing.

Its not tour. Carlito took part on an angle with his dad and the owner of the company so he hosted an episode of Carlito's Cabana.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:56:55

The following is an updated lineup for next weekends TNA Lockdown PPV. Every match will take place in Six Sides of Steel. Included are my predictions.

NWA Heavyweight Title Match
Abyss w/ Jim Mitchell vs. Christian Cage (c)
Winner : Christian Cage

Lethal Lockdown Match
Covered Cage with Weapons Hanging
Sting's Army vs. Jarrett's Army with Gail Kim & Jackie Gayda
(Sting, Ron Killings, AJ Styles and Rhino vs. Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner and America's Most Wanted with Gail Kim & Jackie Gayda)
Winner: Sting's Army

X Division Championship Match
Sabu vs. Samoa Joe (c)
Winner: Samoa Joe

Anthem Match
Team 3D vs. Team Canada
Winner: Team Canada

Arm Wrestling Challenge
Konnan vs. Bullet Bob Armstrong
Winner: Armstrong

Anyone else have some predictions?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 19:04:10

I agree with all of those except the Anthem Match. I'm for the Team 3D.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 19:18:54

I find it to be a tad stupid to have all the matches inside a cage. Thats not very creative in terms of a ppv, and seems on the lazy side when you think about it.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 19:21:10

At 4/15/06 03:41 AM, AnzRage wrote: snapping Randy Orton's ankle like that wasn't nice at all. That was too hard to watch him being assulted like that 3 times.

Meh...Angle did not break RO's ankle, the only reason they acted like that was because WWE needed a reason on paper to explain RO's suspension.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 20:30:22

I'm happy they brought KotR back. It's almost like the good 'ol days

I'm back. Call the Police

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 21:58:33

yeah I am glad they brought it back too. Been too long since we had this type of a tournament that gets whoever wins it a shot at the title. I am rooting for Hardy btw. I know I predicted Lashly to win but that doesn't mean I'm cheering for him. Honestly I think it's far too soon to give him this kind of a push. Finlay I just can't get behind. I don't know what it is about him that I just don't like but its there damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 23:20:52

At 4/16/06 09:58 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: yeah I am glad they brought it back too. Been too long since we had this type of a tournament that gets whoever wins it a shot at the title. I am rooting for Hardy btw. I know I predicted Lashly to win but that doesn't mean I'm cheering for him. Honestly I think it's far too soon to give him this kind of a push. Finlay I just can't get behind. I don't know what it is about him that I just don't like but its there damnit.

Could it be that Finlay's already an old wrestling veteran?

And it's hard to imagine someone like Hardy winning KOTR, or getting many main title runs in the future. He's a good wrestler, but he's a cruiserweight who wrestles like a heavyweight!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 02:06:57

I really don't understand why people get so uppity about Cruiserweights vs. Heavyweights, if people like Vince weren't making their weight an issue, you would just judge them by whether or not you think they have the talent to compete at the highest levels, and it wouldn't be "oh, he's just a cruiserweight, ignore him". Anybody dismissing the Cruisers out of hand, WITHOUT making it clear that they only do it because of Vince's bias, only proves that they aren't as smart a fan as they think they are, and they can still be programmed to believe things about certain wrestlers.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 06:39:00

If it was all based on weight what would happen to guys like HBK and Bret Hart? And in comparison to talent, who would have more, Matt Hardy or someone like Mark Henry? I base things on talent, not by the size of the wrester.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 09:21:09

Size in wrestling isn't that important. Chris Benoit is arguably the best technical wrestler in the world and he's only 6'1 maybe less. Eddie Guerrero wasn't that tall either and HBK is also about 6'1 the thing VInce just loves his big guys even if they're not real good wrestlers... (Boogeyman, Mark Henry, The new big guy who no one understands what he's saying and a lot more).

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 09:27:32

Could I join? Big Show is my favorite wrestler!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 09:29:37

I believe that size is important for Main Event matches. The average PPV main event goes 25 minutes. If one of the participants in the match cannot lift their opponent, that severely limits the number of moves that the individual can perform. Nothing is more boring than a match where a big guy beats up on a little guy for 20 minutes and then the little guy makes a killer comeback at the end and wins with some move that hardly looks painful. It's been done many times and it's just boring.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 09:56:55

At 4/17/06 09:29 AM, TheNewAgeOutlaw wrote: I believe that size is important for Main Event matches. The average PPV main event goes 25 minutes. If one of the participants in the match cannot lift their opponent, that severely limits the number of moves that the individual can perform. Nothing is more boring than a match where a big guy beats up on a little guy for 20 minutes and then the little guy makes a killer comeback at the end and wins with some move that hardly looks painful. It's been done many times and it's just boring.

It depends on who the big guy is. There was a match I think on Judgment Day between Undertaker and Kurt Angle that was a big guy vs small guy but it was a great match.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 10:02:04

I wouldn't exactly call Kurt Angle a "small guy" because he can still lift Taker. However, Rey Mysterio cannot lift your "small guy" Kurt Angle. It's honestly quite difficult to watch a match where one guy just does nothing but high risk moves and kicks ala X-Pac.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 10:02:56

At 4/17/06 09:56 AM, pepeatumi wrote: It depends on who the big guy is. There was a match I think on Judgment Day between Undertaker and Kurt Angle that was a big guy vs small guy but it was a great match.

But Kurt can lift Taker, and they are both great wrestlers.
I remember Mark Henry vs. Rey Mysterio. The fact that they'd put somebody who weighs 400 pounds in any match mystefies me, never mind having an opponent under 200 pounds. Matches where a wrestler can only throw punhes or kicks are horrible to watch, and I'd say people who are extremely light can be just as limited as people who are extremely heavy.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 11:48:11

Thats not true in all cases since they could always have a more technical type of match with plenty of holds and counters. Henry vs Rey is a bad example simple on the fact that Mark has such a limited arsenal of moves. You put someone like Teker in there insted and you would see a classic without rey needing to lift him.

Look to the past as well. Jericho is a cruiser, he's held the CW title before and you can't tell me you can't buy him as a main event guy.

Also in terms of having a kicking arsenal... would that mean you don't like RVD? He isn't exactly a big guy and he does just fine.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 11:56:19

damn, sorry bout the double post:

RagingWhiteboy you are # 205. Welcome to the club!

there has been a rumor about changing the name of the ECW PPV to something other than One Night Stand. I checked wrestlezone for it, but I forgot what they said the name might be changed to... I think it was hardcore hangover or something like that.

speaking of that... I think haveing cena or whoever defend the title there is a terrible idea. This ppv is supposed to be about ECW. Not WWE, and not wwe storylines. That should be a night to celebrate the reunion of a kickass promotion, not a tool used to turn Cena heel. Having an overpowering wwe presense just tarnishes what ECW is going for. It was stupid the first time having a wwe army there that kept getting the camera's turned on them taking away from some of the matches, and will be worse if a non-ECW guy like Cena or HHH shows up and wrestles there. They have no buisness doing that.

All I can say is that if they do indeed to this thing, they had better give RVD the title. i'll be pissed like hell if they don't... come to think of it, they probably will to get the heat on Cena that they want. ugh.. Let ECW be ECW for gods sake!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 12:56:45

At 4/17/06 11:48 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Thats not true in all cases since they could always have a more technical type of match with plenty of holds and counters. Henry vs Rey is a bad example simple on the fact that Mark has such a limited arsenal of moves. You put someone like Teker in there insted and you would see a classic without rey needing to lift him.

It really does depend on the wrestlers used though. Some cruiserweight wrestlers will work better against heavyweight oponents than other cruiserweights, and in my opinion, Rey works best against other cruisers. He just doesn;t make that much of an impact on the heavier wrestlers, and doesn't perform his arsenal as well as he good against lighter wrestlers. Again, it totally depends on the wrestlers, some heavyweights can move as well as cruisers.

Look to the past as well. Jericho is a cruiser, he's held the CW title before and you can't tell me you can't buy him as a main event guy.

I never saw him pushed as a cruiserweight, which is why I can see him as a main eventer. That probably makes me a bit closed minded, but when the WWE makes constant references to how small someone is, it almost limits them to being seen as the little guy. In my eyes anyway...

Also in terms of having a kicking arsenal... would that mean you don't like RVD? He isn't exactly a big guy and he does just fine.

I mean in matches where a wrestler physically can't do anything other than kick or punch. RVD is great, but even with his great arsenal of kicks, you surely wouldn't want to watch a whole match where he only used kicks?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 13:59:13

At 4/17/06 02:06 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I really don't understand why people get so uppity about Cruiserweights vs. Heavyweights, if people like Vince weren't making their weight an issue, you would just judge them by whether or not you think they have the talent to compete at the highest levels, and it wouldn't be "oh, he's just a cruiserweight, ignore him". Anybody dismissing the Cruisers out of hand, WITHOUT making it clear that they only do it because of Vince's bias, only proves that they aren't as smart a fan as they think they are, and they can still be programmed to believe things about certain wrestlers.

I'm assuming that you were talking about what I said about Hardy, so maybe I should explain myself.

It's not that Hardy is a cruiserweight that makes it difficult to see him as a future main-title holder, it's that he doesn't show either agility nor strength. He's a very talented wrestler for sure, but his combination of size and wrestling style makes the thought of him competing with heavyweights an awkward thought. Other lightweight wrestlers like Benoit and HBK have qualities that allow them to spar with the main-eventing heavyweights, and I'm not entirely sure if Hardy has such a quality. Hopefully WWE can prove me wrong, I'm not opposed to Hardy winning at all.

In fact, I, too, am kinda bugged about people looking down on cruiserweights, especially those who say Rey shouldn't hold the WHC because it has "Heavyweight" in it, and that Rey's a little guy.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 13:59:49

At 4/17/06 12:56 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: It really does depend on the wrestlers used though. Some cruiserweight wrestlers will work better against heavyweight oponents than other cruiserweights,

True in some cases. I think Matt is more suited to working with the heavyweights more than he is the cruisers. Just compare him to Jericho in terms of size and weight and there you go.

and in my opinion, Rey works best against other cruisers. He just doesn;t make that much of an impact on the heavier wrestlers, and doesn't perform his arsenal as well as he good against lighter wrestlers.

I think his best offensive moves are based on impact. He uses his whole body weight when he does his top rope stuff and the 619 it an impact move. When you think of it as using his entire weight plus momentum rather than strength to knock people down and beat them it makes more sense. Rey is versital enough to work with bigger wrestlers, and he should since he has been doing that his entire career.

Again, it totally depends on the wrestlers, some heavyweights can move as well as cruisers.

can't argue with you there.

I never saw him pushed as a cruiserweight, which is why I can see him as a main eventer. That probably makes me a bit closed minded, but when the WWE makes constant references to how small someone is, it almost limits them to being seen as the little guy. In my eyes anyway...

Some of his matches in WCW with that belt are classic stuff. Try and find some if you can.

I mean in matches where a wrestler physically can't do anything other than kick or punch. RVD is great, but even with his great arsenal of kicks, you surely wouldn't want to watch a whole match where he only used kicks?

no, that would be kinda bad.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 15:47:51

At 4/17/06 09:29 AM, TheNewAgeOutlaw wrote: I believe that size is important for Main Event matches. The average PPV main event goes 25 minutes. If one of the participants in the match cannot lift their opponent, that severely limits the number of moves that the individual can perform. Nothing is more boring than a match where a big guy beats up on a little guy for 20 minutes...

That is why it is so boring to see Rey as the champ now. I am fed up with his underdog winning style. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 16:10:33

Has anyone seen the Backlash Press Conference? Let me tell you its definitely worth watching. There's only one thing you need to know... HHH dances in the press conference that alone makes it must-see.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 18:43:04

At 4/17/06 04:10 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Has anyone seen the Backlash Press Conference? Let me tell you its definitely worth watching. There's only one thing you need to know... HHH dances in the press conference that alone makes it must-see.

My favorite press conference was Vengeance 2005, Batista really showed Triple H that year.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 18:49:28

At 4/17/06 06:43 PM, MegaGold wrote:
My favorite press conference was Vengeance 2005, Batista really showed Triple H that year.

That Vengeance one was pretty good but in this one HHH does the Moonwalk.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 19:27:53

At 4/17/06 11:56 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: RagingWhiteboy you are # 205. Welcome to the club!

Thank you :-D

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 21:08:09

:sighs:
I can't believe Vince actually CONTINUING the whole religion thing, instead of dropping it. The crowd actually began chanting "boring"...that's a hint, Vince.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-17 21:27:48

Well it looks like the Boogeyman won't be messing with Booker T in his KOTR match with Matt Hardy, which means Road Warrior will probably cost Hardy. This is why, in case you all didn't know:

"The Boogeyman had surgery to repair his torn biceps on Tuesday, April 4th. The Boogeyman torn his biceps during a house show match with Booker T the week before Wrestlemania. The Boogeyman will be out of action until at least September or October. The Boogeyman's injury is the reason for the restraining order angle on Smackdown."