00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xomberus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,533,377 Views | 29,940 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-16 15:37:11

WWE sucks ass it was only good when austin was wrestling but he's gone now all we have left is ghetto rapper john cena Triple gay and those dumbfuck smackdown anouncers and unfortunatly raw sucks ass to sience austin left well i cant beleive anybody acualy watches wrestling anymore.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-16 16:29:41

At 3/16/05 03:37 PM, StickDeath666 wrote: WWE sucks ass

Pretty lame first post. Dont spam your bitching here, do it elsewhere, this is a Fan Club. Now shut the fuck up.

Thanks to Ninjar for the sig. -NGSM

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-16 19:21:21

good thing you replied before i did =)

I'm starting up my own thing every week inda like reviews. The only difference is that I'll ask simple questions. not trivia questions, but questions that are answered as opinions. so i'll start now......

QUESTION of the WEEK
Who would you like to see as WH / WWE champion within this year?
Raw: A) Batista
B) Shawn Michaels
C) Edge
D) Ric Flair ( long time so seen lol )
E) Chris Jericho

Smackdown: A) John Cena
B) Undertaker
C) Rey Mysterio
D) Kurt Angle
E) Booker T

I choose Shawn Michaels for Raw and Undertaker for SD!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-16 20:02:10

At 3/16/05 07:21 PM, justrude88 wrote: QUESTION of the WEEK

Batista for RAW and Undertaker for SD!

It's about time Batista got what he deserves, and I think the crowd is feeling the same too. Who knows, maybe Batista will turn face. :/

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 01:17:59

Axl Rotten has been confirmed for the ECW One Night Stand show. For those unfamiliar with him, Axl worked for ECW during it's heyday, started in 94 or 95, and stayed until 1999. He worked mostly as a tag wrestler, at first with his brother, Ian, as "The Bad Breed" a blood and guts tag team for the promotion (which worked well since they had a rather violent feud I'm told with another vicious team, The Gangstas, New Jack and Mustafa). They broke up after failing to capture the tag team titles, and embarked upon a series of rather violent and bloody matches. Culminating in a match that was done only once, a "Tai Pei Death Match" where they taped their fists, dipped them in glue, and then in broken glass. Honestly, I don't think the match worked out as either a wrestling contest, or a blood bath. Basically we just wound up watching two overweight guys punch and cut each other for about 15 to 20 minutes. Ugly, and frankly not something you can really enjoy.

After Ian left the promotion, Axl was teamed up with another guy who was known for his penchant for fighting in the crowd, and doing rather violent matches (which sadly, really over shadowed the great amateur skills he had) Balls Mahoney. They formed the Hardcore Chair Swinging Freaks, easily one of the most popular teams to never have held the tag titles (though Mahoney did experience tag title success with Masato Tanaka, who we discussed previously, and Spike Dudley). They had some excellent bouts with The Dudley Boys, but broke up after losing a tag title match in which it was stipulated if they did not win, they would be forced to break up. There was a short lived feud between Mahoney and Axl, in which both men got new partners (Axl teamed with New Jack, Mahoney teamed with Spike) but it didn't ever go anywhere really, and Axl left the promotion (I think it had something to do with some personal issues Axl had, though it could have just been easily over money). It'll be nice to see Axl back, and with him in, I don't think Balls can be far behind, and the prospects that will open up (ESPECIALLY with Tanaka also booked) are very, very intriguing to me.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 11:35:03

I don't think i ever saw him so it will be cool to see him now.

As fr teh title question, we all know batista is going to get it so that shouldn't be an option.. well yeah keep it there, you never know what WWE might do. I'd like to see Jericho have the title again.

on the SD side I want to see Eddie get the title again.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 13:39:54

At 3/17/05 11:35 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: on the SD side I want to see Eddie get the title again.

That's the best reason to keep Eddie a face I think, because if Cena stumbles, he is easily over enough to be the fall back guy.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 14:44:54

At 3/17/05 01:39 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 3/17/05 11:35 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: on the SD side I want to see Eddie get the title again.
That's the best reason to keep Eddie a face I think, because if Cena stumbles, he is easily over enough to be the fall back guy.

What about Taker? Is he not WWE title material? I would personally like to see jericho win it on Raw, and Taker on SD!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 17:22:19

well since they keep saying how taker is the unbeatable force on Sd (Even after JBL beat him) it would be hard to have decent challenges.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 17:28:06

At 3/17/05 02:44 PM, Rhino106 wrote: What about Taker? Is he not WWE title material? I would personally like to see jericho win it on Raw, and Taker on SD!

Taker is getting old, and he's had it so many times already, Eddie is still somebody who's got a few years left, you can't keep relying on the past.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 20:32:02

i wonder who's gonna switch shows in this years draft. i kinda want jericho or cena to switch shows. i'd love to see them to go at it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 22:17:23

LordKooler's Smackdown review
1.Kurt angle vs Marty janetty
This wasn't another edition of Kurt angle's invitational, They are usually against Indy wrestlers. Instead, Kurt angle wrestles marty janetty. Shawn michaels' tag team partner before he became the Heartbreak kid, And he recently reunited with Shawn michaels in a tag team match against La Resistance on RAW. Kurt angle won at the end. And did anyone see the new Wrestlemania 21 commercial with Kurt angle & Christy hemme in a parody of When Harry met Sally?
2.Booker T vs Luther reigns
Before the match began, Heidenreich came out to do commentary with Michael cole & Tazz. Since he faced Booker T 3 times at No way out and the Smackdown from 2 weeks ago, These two might face each other again at Wrestlemania 21. After Booker T won, Heidenreich read a poem about Booker T at the end.
3.Randy Orton vs Undertaker contract signing
The GMs of RAW and Smackdown come out for the contract signing of the Randy orton vs Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 21. Randy orton says that he respects the Undertaker and is interested in ending his Wrestlemania Undefeated streak. At the end, The undertaker plays his mind games with Orton. Similar to when he played mind games on Kane last year.
4.Paul london vs Billy kidman
A good cruiserweight match. Paul london won at the end.
5.Big show segment
Big show talks about his Sumo match against Sumo wrestling legend Akebono at wrestlemania 21. Big show says that he has never been in a sumo match before. But the Big show really was in a Sumo match. Remember Halloween havoc 1995? Hulk hogan vs the giant in a Sumo monster truck match? That was one of the worst matches ever. It even made Wrestlecrap.
6.JBL & The Bashams vs John cena, Eddie guerrero, and Rey mysterio
Before the match, Smackdown GM Theodore long said if John cena attacks JBL before their match at Wrestlemania 21, Cena won't get a WWE title shot. But Cena can attack JBL if they are in a match together. After John cena's team won, John cena wanted to attack JBL after the match but knowing that he can't attack JBL before Wrestlemania 21, Cena instead sits on the chair and says "You can't see me!"

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 22:23:24

SD side notes.
The best of the match of the night. Not only was exciting for the regular fans to see Marty in action, and it was some short match. Sure it started out slow for the regular fans bear hug and arm moves then it went to the fun part. Ground anglelock.

The acoustics in the building seem a bit different like its more quiet.

Uh-oh Eddie is ticked(looks at self in mirror). The inevitable feud of Rey-rey and Guerrero is starting to heat up.

Well Booker v. Luther the match well I didnt pay attention to it as much as I want Heidenrich to go nuts on Cole. After match Heidenrich gets on the announce table and reads a poem and says he changed lolwtf.

Well it be set in stone Undertaker v. Randall Orton. Damn idiots you are suppose to boo randy. I hope he goes heel after WM. Then watch people say the randy him. Slap! GrrrrrrR BOLT

Wow this crowd sucks. Wwe wont be think to return to savannah gerogia soon. It was during the return of Kidmans match with Crazy Boots. Sure it wasn’t the greatest match and everyone knew London was going win.

Yes the best Carlito Caribbean Cool antics (Doing odd-end jobs for teddy). A hotdog for a dollar what a bargain, I think.

Show: Awkey joo wont done push m3h around @ WM.

Ok I saw that promo coming when Teddy said to Jbl the stipulations concerning Jbl and cena. Boo UPN bleeped ass. That ruined it.

Ye-eh Cena has new entrance music slowly moving away from the rapping. Oh noes Rey stole the victory and the chance for Eddie to be in the light via frogsplash. Wait a shiny new black chair. Do it smack the crap outta Bradshaw.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 22:29:42

It's official, Psichosis has signed a WWE contract, so he will now be on the roster, and available to work the ECW PPV in June.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-17 22:52:49

At 3/16/05 08:02 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 3/16/05 07:21 PM, justrude88 wrote: QUESTION of the WEEK
Batista for RAW and Undertaker for SD!

SD- Eddie
Raw- Jericho

It's about time Batista got what he deserves, and I think the crowd is feeling the same too. Who knows, maybe Batista will turn face. :/P***

I would say batista is face now.

At 3/17/05 05:28 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: At 3/17/05 10:29 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Taker is getting old, and he's had it so many times already, Eddie is still somebody who's got a few years left, you can't keep relying on the past.

That’s right I am glad he is retiring this year, it kinda preserves the legend of the phemon.

:: It's official, Psichosis has signed a WWE contract, so he will now be on the roster, and available to work the ECW PPV in June.

Thats great. We should call you official ECW historian or thats unliked in charge of ecw ppv news.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 02:06:58

At 3/17/05 10:52 PM, Iscrulz wrote: Thats great. We should call you official ECW historian or thats unliked in charge of ecw ppv news.

Well, I have been doing the job unofficially for a bit now, but I'd be happy to take it on full-time, since it would really be a part-time gig because ECW isn't running anymore.

The Rise and Fall of ECW is only 4,000 copies away from being the highest selling WWE DVD of all time, if you haven't bought a copy yet, do it NOW!!!

RVD's DVD sold another 11,000 units last week, with absolutely no promotion from WWE, it's a very well produced DVD, and will satisfy rabid ECW footage hunters.

I'll have a status list tommorow on talent which has been contacted and/or booked for the ECW show, would have it for you tonight, but the site I use for news (www.pwinsider.com) isn't working right at the moment, my apologies.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 02:24:30

At 3/17/05 10:52 PM, Iscrulz wrote: I would say batista is face now.

Well I'm not saying now, but he might in the future. Who knows?

Thanks for the SD! review too.
At 3/18/05 02:06 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 3/17/05 10:52 PM, Iscrulz wrote: We should call you official ECW.

Second!

The Rise and Fall of ECW is only 4,000 copies away from being the highest selling WWE DVD of all time, if you haven't bought a copy yet, do it NOW!!!

I've been meaning to get that, but there's other things I want too. It's so damn hard to get the stuff you want when you're out of work. :/

RVD's DVD sold another 11,000 units last week, with absolutely no promotion from WWE, it's a very well produced DVD, and will satisfy rabid ECW footage hunters.

Same as above. I've always wanted to get an indeapth look at RVD's carear, not to mention his ECW past. It looks very promising indeed.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 02:35:07

Hey, i have not been on this club for a little while. I made a new topic about wresling. It is in General. Here is the link.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 12:14:07

yeah, you are definatly our ECW guy.

Sd was ok last night, we haven't seen kidman in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 16:16:48

Man I can not wait for Wrestlemania XXI! I also made a topic of that.Here it is.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 16:35:45

usually wreslting topics in the general don't do too well. I dunno why, but yeah..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-18 17:04:47

At 3/18/05 04:35 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: usually wreslting topics in the general don't do too well.

Yeah, I know. People will tell you it's gay, or the stuff you already know and acting smart about it.

I dunno why, but yeah..

I still don't know why I go into the General fourms and deal with those fools.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 00:45:18

At 3/18/05 02:24 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: I've been meaning to get that, but there's other things I want too. It's so damn hard to get the stuff you want when you're out of work. :/
Same as above. I've always wanted to get an indeapth look at RVD's carear, not to mention his ECW past. It looks very promising indeed.

Both are definitely worth your money, you haven't seen RVD until you've seen him in ECW, I especially applaud WWE for using a lot of rarer footage of RVD's career, and on the ECW DVD as well. There have been a few commercial releases of ECW footage when they were still running. If anyone has an interest, I'll run them down for you, could probably even start doing some reviewing too, been meaning to look through it again.

As promised, I have a listing of all the talent contacted for the ECW One Night Stand show, and their status as it pertains to it. Thanks to Mike Johnson (who is WAY more an ECW expert then myself) for the hard work:

Talent Under WWE Contract Available for PPV:

Chris Benoit
Simon Dean (aka Nova in ECW)
Tommy Dreamer
Spike Dudley
The Dudley Boyz
Eddie Guerrero
Paul Heyman
Chris Jericho
Lita (aka Miss Congeniality in ECW)
Dean Malenko
Dawn Marie
Joey Matthews
Rey Mysterio
Rhyno
Nunzio (aka Little Guido in ECW)
Psicosis
Steven Richards
Al Snow
Lance Storm
Johnny Swinger
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Tazz
Rob Van Dam
Chilly Willy

Of course, there's also Mick Foley and Steve Austin, although neither are currently signed to WWE wrestler deals.

Outside Talent Contacted & Announced and/or Expected to Appear:

Axl Rotten
Bill Alfonso
Jason
Justin Credible
Masato Tanaka
Referee John Finnegan
Referee Mike Kehner
Referee Jim Molineaux
Sabu
The Sandman
Tony Mamaluke
Tracy Smothers

Additional Talent Contacted but not Confirmed:

Joey Styles

Talent Contacted via TNA, but Not Expected to Appear:

Raven
Shane Douglas
Kid Kash
Jerry Lynn

If there are any questions about any of the talents listed, I will be more then happy to answer them as best I can, I do hope Joey Styles accepts the offer, it's just not really going to be an authentic show without "The Voice of ECW" involved.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 02:48:29

Quick question, who is the female announcer on Raw? I'm just curious about her name.

And yeah, I've been watching Raw and SD since December; even downloaded some PPV matches and basically skimmed through the years of wrestling I missed (basically since the days when it was called Raw is War, and the Undertaker/Kane saga)

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 03:01:21

At 3/19/05 12:45 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Both are definitely worth your money, you haven't seen RVD until you've seen him in ECW

Yeah, I've always wanted to see him in his ECW days. I've been a fan of him since the first few times I saw him wrestle in the WWE. I might have a chance to get it this weekend. I'll sure as hell try and get it if I can.

As promised, I have a listing of all the talent contacted for the ECW One Night Stand show, and their status as it pertains to it.

Sure is alot of people. I'm glad that this is happening, hard core ECW fans must be going insane waiting to see this. lol

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 11:37:47

who's chilly willy? I don't remember him (or is it a her?)

do you mean Lillian Garcia? The ring announcer who can also sing?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 15:19:24

At 3/19/05 11:37 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: who's chilly willy? I don't remember him (or is it a her?)

It's a him. Chilly Willy worked in ECW for the last few months of the promotions existence, to my recollection, he mostly worked television, and was sort of in the process of being groomed for better things. He's a big guy, not so much muscular as he is thick (but not in an overweight sort of way). He used to dance a lot, and had the gimmick of being "everybody's home boy" as he would have his home town announced as whatever town the company was wrestling in. He briefly left the business to do military service in I believe it was Iraq, which I believe is at least 95% of the reason Vince signed him to a developmental deal.

Lillian had nothing to do with ECW.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 16:51:20

At 3/19/05 03:19 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 3/19/05 11:37 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: who's chilly willy? I don't remember him (or is it a her?)
Lillian had nothing to do with ECW.

I think Outlaw just missed to quote the guy who was asking above my post from lastnight. I just wish I had a TV with payperview to watch.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 22:00:45

At 3/18/05 04:16 PM, MegaGold wrote: Man I can not wait for Wrestlemania XXI! I also made a topic of that.Here it is.

If I were you I would stop making wrestling topics in the general Forumn. Oh And hhh and batista match is not going to be the best its Angle vs. HBK.

At 3/19/05 04:51 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: I wish I had a TV with payperview to watch.

Well this ppv would probably worth buying on dvd. I have to pay 39.99$ or so for the ppv or wait a month and get the dvd for $15.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2005-03-19 23:27:41

At 3/19/05 10:00 PM, Iscrulz wrote: Well this ppv would probably worth buying on dvd. I have to pay 39.99$ or so for the ppv or wait a month and get the dvd for $15.

Actually, I've been told One Night Stand is going to be released as a package deal with The Rise and Fall of ECW, so you may actually wind up having to pay 30 or 35 maybe to get both.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature