00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xomberus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,533,380 Views | 29,940 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 02:07:47

Rob Van Dam's real name is actually Robert Szatkowski.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 02:57:36

At 4/14/06 12:06 AM, cornontheconn wrote: I think "Brother Spike" would be best.

He cannot use any combination of "Spike" or "Dudley", it'd violate WWE's trademark.

I also don't think having Samoa Joe at his comic store will hurt RVD's standing within WWE, the comic store is his own private enterprise, WWE has no stake in it, other then they were very nice about letting RVD use his ring name to help promote it, but beyond that, I don't see where WWE would want to interfere with it. Samoa Joe being there dosen't hurt their business.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 03:08:42

At 4/14/06 02:07 AM, ThePunisher52 wrote: Rob Van Dam's real name is actually Robert Szatkowski.

So how do you say his last name? I think we should just stick with Rob Van Dam.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 06:41:33

Other than having a lot of wwe stuff to sell, it's RVD'sown comic shop and wwe really as no say in the matter. Besides, who said that two people from different company's can't socialize?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 17:57:14

Here's some possible spoilers regarding the ECW PPV.

The PWTorch Newsletter reports that Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena is now very likely to take place at this year’s ECW PPV. WWE may use this to help turn Cena heel, as he is likely to get booed out of the building if he shows up, let alone wrestles a match against RVD.

The feeling for a while was that Triple H vs. RVD at the show was basically a given, however with Triple H now being more open than ever to turning face, that may not be the case.

I'm against having the WWE title defended on an ECW PPV (Its disrespectful) however I wouldn't mind Cena getting his ass booed by everyone even more so than normal.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:06:37

Spikes new name is Brother Runt.
I'd say that fits in with what all the fans will know from other promotions.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:07:57

Could I join? My favorite wrestler is John Cena.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:10:31

At 4/14/06 06:07 PM, Little_Clown wrote: Could I join? My favorite wrestler is John Cena.

Oh Boy!! Yeah you can join I'm not sure what number you are but be warned John Cena isn't exactly the favortie wrestler of people in this club but if you like him then that's all that matters.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:36:16

Well, it's about an hour and a half away from SD! and I can already see me not liking what I'll see. I can imagine that there's gonna be more nonsense going on between Booker T and the Boogeyman and then you got Orton 'breaking' his ankle. I hope Batista will be back in action here soon (unless he already is, sorry if I'm not keeping up) to breathe a little life back into SD! sometime soon. We'll see how much I'll watch though, gonna be a little busy tonight.

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:46:00

At 4/14/06 05:57 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Here's some possible spoilers regarding the ECW PPV.

Oh cool! This should be ultra informative and great and...

The PWTorch Newsletter reports that Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena is now very likely to take place at this year’s ECW PPV. WWE may use this to help turn Cena heel, as he is likely to get booed out of the building if he shows up, let alone wrestles a match against RVD.

....oh, it's from the Torch? Nevermind then. Having Cena at the show would get him booed like nobody's business, anyone not having worked for ECW will be automatically the heel of the night. If WWE is determined to have a WWE belt, defended by a WWE wrestler happen on the show, then they best be willing to let that individual be a heel that night, and potentially a heel following the show. We shall see.

The feeling for a while was that Triple H vs. RVD at the show was basically a given, however with Triple H now being more open than ever to turning face, that may not be the case.

H shouldn't go near that show, he's far too ingrained within WWE, especially in the mind of internet fans (who are for the most part ECW fans), and could wind up poisoning the buyrate as many might not buy the show, thinking "great, another way for Vince to give H more overblown heel heat, and make him look better then everybody from ECW"

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:49:42

At 4/14/06 06:10 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Oh Boy!! Yeah you can join I'm not sure what number you are but be warned John Cena isn't exactly the favortie wrestler of people in this club but if you like him then that's all that matters.

Thanks.

And no, I don't really care if no one likes Cena. I'm just here to talk about wrestling.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 18:59:21

I don't remember when it happened exactly (Avie will probably know) but I remember when the whole crowd threw chairs in the ring and I can't help but imagining that happening again only with Cena beneath all those chairs.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 19:04:34

At 4/14/06 06:49 PM, Little_Clown wrote: And no, I don't really care if no one likes Cena. I'm just here to talk about wrestling.

Thats good, you shouldn't let your opinions be influenced too much by us. I think that it will be interesting to have someone who might defend Cena in arguments about him. They seem to be one sided currently.
What do you think about Cena getting booed recently?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 21:11:30

At 4/14/06 06:07 PM, Dragonfruit wrote: Could I join? My favorite wrestler is John Cena.

Hm, I guess you can join, but beware there are a lot of Cena haters here. I know, I'm one of them.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-14 22:59:47

LordKooler's Friday Night SmackDown! review
1.King of the ring segment
The King of the ring tournament is back after a 3 year absence. The tournament made guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin famous. When Viscera & Billy Gunn won King of the Ring, They sucked as kings. The 1995 King of the Ring was one of the worst WWE pay per views of all time. It was so bad that the crowd chanted, "ECW! ECW! ECW!' during the Mabel vs Savio Vega match. They chanted "ECW!" becuase they wanted to see ECW wrestling. Not the disaster that was King of the Ring 1995. When Billy Gunn won the tournament, He was given a big push but failed to make an impact. After that, Billy Gunn was bumped back down to the undercard. Booker T and sharmell came to the ring and Booker T dressed up like a King. Then Lashley comes out and spears Booker T.
2. Brian Kendrick vs Johnny Nitro
Brian Kendrick pulled the upset victory at the end. I think that Kendrick & London will be the next Tag Team Champions.
3.Paul Burchill vs Rashard Brown
William Regal is now Burchill's buxom wench. Regal looks funny dressed as a woman. If Paul Burchill loses a match, Regal won't dress up as a buxom wench anymore.
4.Matt Hardy vs Road Warrior
Matt Hardy's ex-girfriend Lita recently turned 31. During last year's love triangle, Matt Hardy became one of the most loved wrestlers among smarks while Edge & Lita became one of the most hated wrestlers among smarks. After his return and feud with Edge, Matt Hardy was moved to SmackDown and has been buried there ever since. Some people think a heel turn might help Matt but I don't think that will happen because of what happend last year. Can you imagine people booing Hardy? I can't see that happening. Imagine what it would be like if Edge & Lita turned face. I know the reason why they're making Hardy feud with Road Warrior. It's because the bad blood between Hardy & Road Warrior's brother who is the vice president of talent relations. Matt Hardy won at the end.
5.JBL vs Chris Benoit
JBL won the Cage match at the end to retain the United States championship.
6.Great Khali segment
WWE's newest Hoss comes out with Davari and Davari calls him the Great Khali. Then Great Khali said something that the crowd didn't understand.
7.Gymini vs The Mexicools
WWE should push The Mexicools. I want to see TLC matches with MNM, Kendrick & London, and The Mexicools in it. Those would be awesome. Gymini won at the end.
8.Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton
Kurt Angle won. Then Kurt Angle "broke" Randy Orton's ankle. Randy Orton has been suspended by WWE for 60 days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 00:35:13

At 4/18/03 06:29 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote: Does ANYBODY remember Scotty 2 Hotty?

Yes i THINK he's going to TNA

I wish to join by the way : )

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 00:53:21

Some news for ECW fans (You know who you are).

Recently WWE has relaunched it's ECW website at www.ecw.com. The website features new content including superstar bios, results from all the big ECW events, photos and updates about the One Night Stand pay per view.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 01:06:02

I like the idea of having Cena retain and face RVD at ONS, it is a smart call. At ONS, the wigger boy is going to get his sorry ass booed out out the galaxy. :D:D:D There have also been some rumors saying that HHH will turn face soon. The fact is that Hunter is cheered and respected by most of the fans already even though he is still a heel. Hunter himself also agrees to be turned face in the near future. So I guess that we will get a new HHH soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 01:12:01

Smackdown was a lot better than I expected it to be. Brian Kendrick's match didn't completely showcase what he's capable of, but it turned out pretty well, regardless.

I think that Burchill and Regal's storyline is a funny concept, seeing Regal trying to screw Burchill in every match so he won't have to dress as a wench anymore.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 01:31:13

I agree, SmackDown! was pretty good overall. Best match of the night, in my opinion, was Chris Benoit/JBL Cage Match for the US title. The Angle/Orton KOTR match was the 2nd best match to me. The Davari/Great Khali (Singh) segment probably coulda been better, especially if you could understand a word he said. We know he can speak English (from the Longest Yard). The Burchill/Regal storyline is goofy (in a funny way). It wasn't hard to picture Regal the way he was tonight. It's not the 1st time he's dressed in drag. If you remember, he and Goldust had to dress up as a Las Vegas showgirls on RAW when they had their little RAW Roulette Wheel. The Kendrick/Nitro match was descent. The Mexicools/Gymini tag match I didn't really pay attention to.

If I was to rate it, I'd say SmackDown! was a 3 1/2 out of 5.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 03:41:50

snapping Randy Orton's ankle like that wasn't nice at all. That was too hard to watch him being assulted like that 3 times.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-15 11:46:48

Dragonfruit # 203
Natdaprat # 204

Welcome to the club!

I have to skip the Sd reviews for right now, haven't had time to watch the tape yet.

Cool, I'll have to check that ecw site out. Thanks for posting it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 09:07:02

Was it me or did it sound like Great Khali had a mouth full of marbels or something? I couldn't understand a word he said.

While it is good to see the Mexicools on SD, it's not as good to see them lose. Classic wwe move, always playing favorite to the larger wrestlers over the more talented ones.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 11:20:11

Does it really matter how Khali sounded like? I mean he's only going to be with the WWE for 4 or 5 months and then he'll be released once they realize that the guy is a piece of crap.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 16:12:34

We'll just have to wait and see. I've never seen him wrestle before so I can't make a call on this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 16:16:07

At 4/16/06 09:07 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
While it is good to see the Mexicools on SD, it's not as good to see them lose. Classic wwe move, always playing favorite to the larger wrestlers over the more talented ones.

To be fair, the Gymini are pretty good. Besides, Super Crazy is the reason the Mexicools are so great. Psicosis is pretty neat, but it's all about Super Crazy.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 16:34:33

At 4/14/06 06:59 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I don't remember when it happened exactly (Avie will probably know) but I remember when the whole crowd threw chairs in the ring and I can't help but imagining that happening again only with Cena beneath all those chairs.

Depends on which incident you mean, there were two. The most famous was when Terry Funk and Cactus Jack took on Public Enemy. Funk asked for a chair, and every fan began to throw their chairs into the ring, burying PE under them. It was one of those dangerous, improvised moments you could only get in ECW. There was a similar incident in Florida that was also improvised, but probably the fans were copying what they saw earlier in the north.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 16:52:44

That's the one I was talking about the one in the Cactus Jack and Funk VS Public Enemy. I'd wouldn't mind seeing that happen with John Cena beneath all those chairs and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:02:42

Guys i missed SD! this week since i have to go to a resturant and i just forgot that SD! was that night. I heard that this week kind of sucked a bit and suppose that Finlay,Henry,and Angle could be final three.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-16 18:16:44

I really don't see Trevor and Murdoch doing much of anything but getting matches against better people like Goldust and Snitsky. They made a big hype with the little commercial they had, and did great together in the begginning winning the tag championship, but they're single careers don't seem to be going anywhere. I would much rather see them champs again, rather than the Spirit fags, and I hope a match between the two teams will happen. But unless they get in the spotlight eventually they'll probably be released. Just like the Heart Throbs, but the throbs were on RAW a lot against good teams getting their asses handed to them. Ironically they had a thing online about how hard it was for Antonio to get into the WWE only to be fired soon after the article was put on the site. Thats sucks that Tomko was released, Id wish that someone like Helms would released instead.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

XBL Gamertag: Champigne [Reggae Club] Offer some insight..

I double dog dare you to click my ads!!

BBS Signature