00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,498 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-12 18:00:26

Apparently, Star Trek: TNG was loaded with references to Urusei Yatsura and Dirty Pair.

At 9/11/14 10:21 PM, Onett wrote: I can't believe this thread is still going. Brings back a lot of memories.

I miss what it used to be.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-12 19:18:30

So Teen Titans had an anime...

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-15 17:23:57

I just realize something, what do you think would happen if Eren's stays in his Titan form for more than three minutes? If the color timer on his chest stops, will he ever be able to rise again?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-15 22:43:55

At 9/12/14 06:00 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I miss what it used to be.

To be honest, I actually do as well. I remember years and years ago when I was the biggest newfag who knew nothing about anything. I used to get hated on all the time. Yet I still stuck around for reasons still unknown to me.

Looking back, a lot of the behavior in here was just unbelievably childish. But it was still super active and fun at the same time. So I have fond memories. This forum in general looks barren compared to the traffic it used to get, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 21:14:48

So, has anyone here seen the anime called Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso)?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 22:58:34

Hey, pl/a/yas.

Look, it's been a long time since I've watched any anime and I sporadically decided to start up again. I come seeking some recommendations (like I always do when I post here).

I like ecchi and moe anime mostly, but if anything god-tier has come out, similar to Evangelion, or Darker than Black, or Angel Beats, or whatever, that'd be dope.

Just rec me anime.
Fuck it.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 23:12:48

At 9/17/14 10:58 PM, Sevkat wrote: Just rec me anime.
Fuck it.

Watch LoGH.

We can experience the journey together.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 23:13:46

At 9/17/14 11:12 PM, Oolaph wrote:
Fuck it.
Watch LoGH.

Nice acronym, oolaph. Makes it real easy for me to find a torrent.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 23:15:26

At 9/17/14 11:13 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 9/17/14 11:12 PM, Oolaph wrote:
Fuck it.
Watch LoGH.

I see an OVA and two Movies, bruv.
Is there series blacklisted from bakabt or something?
I hate using nyaa.eu.
I miss my Animebytes account.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 23:33:34

At 9/17/14 11:15 PM, Sevkat wrote:

It's Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I thought it was popular enough that anyone would know. My bad :(

I see an OVA and two Movies, bruv.
Is there series blacklisted from bakabt or something?
I hate using nyaa.eu.
I miss my Animebytes account.

It's a 110 episode series, with a bunch of movies/OVAs to go with it. Widely regarded as "the best anime of all time" and "so great it will ruin anime for you because all other series will pale in comparison". I've been putting it off because of the length for ages.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-17 23:51:44

At 9/17/14 11:33 PM, Oolaph wrote: "so great it will ruin anime for you because all other series will pale in comparison"

NGE already did that for me.

I've been putting it off because of the length for ages.

That's why I've never managed to finish Gundam, or Dragonball.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 01:10:54

Fuck it.

gun x sword
psycho pass
sora kake girl
chaika

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 06:18:58

At 9/17/14 10:58 PM, Sevkat wrote:

I like ecchi and moe anime mostly, but if anything god-tier has come out, similar to Evangelion, or Darker than Black, or Angel Beats, or whatever, that'd be dope.

Just rec me anime.
Fuck it.

jojos bizarre adventure stardust crusaders

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 13:15:48

Fuck it.

Cowboy Bebop if you haven't seen it, as well as Samurai Champloo (and more recently Space Dandy, which isnt half as good but it's aight) from the same creator. You might like Baccano and Steins Gate too. Also they're all fairly old now but literally all of Satoshi Kon's films (there's four of them + a show) are worth seeing.

There's also the Rebuild of Evangelion if you haven't been keeping up with it. The first two are fantastic even if they don't hold a candle to the original, and the third one pretty much sucks all round but that animation quality is insane.

At 9/17/14 11:33 PM, Oolaph wrote: "the best anime of all time"

but that's not Evangelion m8

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 18:27:11

At 9/17/14 10:58 PM, Sevkat wrote: I like ecchi and moe anime mostly

Couldn't help there.

similar to Evangelion

Blue Gender is best mech anime

or Darker than Black

Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Michiko to Hatchin

Just rec me anime.
Fuck it.

Cuz I rarely see anyone else mention these.

Aachi wa Ssipak
Kemonozume
Tekkon Kinkreet

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 18:47:12

At 9/18/14 01:15 PM, Jackho wrote: (and more recently Space Dandy, which isnt half as good but it's aight)

I find Space Dandy to be more of a miss than a hit.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 18:54:25

At 9/18/14 06:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender is best mech anime

You misspelled SDF Macross

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-18 18:57:47

At 9/18/14 06:54 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 9/18/14 06:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender is best mech anime
You misspelled SDF Macross

I stand by what I said, but I've never been big into mech stuff aside from it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-19 15:24:14

Well, this seemed like a fair enough place to start asking around:

Are there any anime's that feature the insertion of a medieval-style anime character into a futuristic world (or vice versa)? You know, a kind of "see how they fare when they're in a different genre entirely" scenario? I've been pondering this for a while now, but haven't really come up with much on my (albeit less than thorough) searches.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 03:39:12

At 9/18/14 06:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Michiko to Hatchin

You have awesome taste, sense-offender.
I'll definitely try 'em all out.

I just started watching Bebop this evening, and I'm already pleasantly hooked. I haven't been this enthralled in an anime in ages. Thanks for the rec, m8.

At 9/17/14 11:12 PM, Oolaph wrote: Watch LoGH.

Okay.
Have you started it yet? We can watch it together (^;

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 04:16:06

At 9/20/14 03:39 AM, Sevkat wrote:
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Michiko to Hatchin

gonna go ahead and give a +1 to all these recs except for Baccano, i wasn't really into that but I know a ton of people love it so whatever

I just started watching Bebop this evening, and I'm already pleasantly hooked. I haven't been this enthralled in an anime in ages. Thanks for the rec, m8.

Bebop is fantastic. Even though suggesting the very idea could get a person killed, you should watch the English dub of it instead of the Japanese audio track. The vocal performance of the English cast is far better.

Okay.
Have you started it yet? We can watch it together (^;

I watched the prequel movie but that's it. We should totally go through it together though, sounds like fun.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 10:00:25

At 9/20/14 04:16 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 9/20/14 03:39 AM, Sevkat wrote:
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Michiko to Hatchin
gonna go ahead and give a +1 to all these recs except for Baccano, i wasn't really into that but I know a ton of people love it so whatever

I just feel like whatever it is, there's something about all those shows and DtB that a lot of people who like one of them might like the rest. Personally, I loved all of them.

The other three are just way overlooked ones I put because of the "fuck it, just recommend" comment. Especially Kemonozume since I never hear it mentioned yet I've seen people raving about Mind Game, made by the same guy, which I hear was downloaded to the point the company chose not to distribute here.

Bebop is fantastic. Even though suggesting the very idea could get a person killed, you should watch the English dub of it instead of the Japanese audio track. The vocal performance of the English cast is far better.

This is very true. The dub is the only way to watch it.

Also, Sev, as Jackho said, Champloo, since you're liking Bebop. And he's right that Satoshi Kon was great. Died with a spotless record.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 14:03:59

At 9/20/14 10:00 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, Sev, as Jackho said, Champloo, since you're liking Bebop. And he's right that Satoshi Kon was great. Died with a spotless record.

H'okay, so now I've got these on my backlist: baccano!, black lagoon, michiko to hatchin, kemonuzume, satoshi kon.
I'm watching Cowboy Bebop and Mobile Suit Gundam atm, and about to start Legend of Galactic Heroes

At 9/20/14 04:16 AM, Oolaph wrote: I watched the prequel movie but that's it. We should totally go through it together though, sounds like fun.

Wanna start it tonight, then? It is Saturday, after all. I'm staying indoors this weekend.

you should watch the English dub of it instead of the Japanese audio track.

HAHAHAno

Anime Club

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 14:49:22

If you don't watch the Cowboy Bebop dub you are a pleb among plebs. You might as well watch DBZ in Japanese too where everyone sounds like an angry rodent.

Also, LoGH is really good

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 17:15:09

At 9/20/14 02:03 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 9/20/14 04:16 AM, Oolaph wrote: you should watch the English dub of it instead of the Japanese audio track.
HAHAHAno

Dude, it's the only right way to watch it. It's pretty much common knowledge.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 17:23:48

At 9/20/14 02:03 PM, Sevkat wrote: Wanna start it tonight, then? It is Saturday, after all. I'm staying indoors this weekend.

If I don't fall asleep and forget, yeah sure. How do you wanna do it? Decide a number of episodes and do it homework style or set up some sort of livestream?

HAHAHAno

no but really. it's one of the rare cases where the dub is actually an improvement.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 17:45:48

At 9/20/14 05:23 PM, Oolaph wrote: If I don't fall asleep and forget, yeah sure. How do you wanna do it? Decide a number of episodes and do it homework style or set up some sort of livestream?

If you set up the livestream, that'd be p dope cash money.
If not, we'll just watch two episodes tonight, I'll find a torrent on nyaa soon.

no but really. it's one of the rare cases where the dub is actually an improvement.
At 9/20/14 05:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Dude, it's the only right way to watch it. It's pretty much common knowledge.

I'm not watching a fuckin' english dub, bruth/a/s.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 18:08:49

At 9/20/14 05:45 PM, Sevkat wrote: If you set up the livestream, that'd be p dope cash money.
If not, we'll just watch two episodes tonight, I'll find a torrent on nyaa soon.

Let's just do two episodes on our own tonight and maybe i'll try to set up a streamy thing in a few days.

your loss

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 18:16:52

At 9/20/14 06:08 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 9/20/14 05:45 PM, Sevkat wrote: If you set up the livestream, that'd be p dope cash money.
Let's just do two episodes on our own tonight and maybe i'll try to set up a streamy thing in a few days.

your loss

My friend just called and told me that there's a party at a friend's house, he's got a soundproof room with a shitload of instruments, I'm gonna bring my strat and jam out.

Also, I'm babysitting right now, so I don't really have time for animu.

I'll definitely watch two eps tomorrow, doe.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 18:24:28

At 9/20/14 06:16 PM, Sevkat wrote: My friend just called and told me that there's a party at a friend's house, he's got a soundproof room with a shitload of instruments, I'm gonna bring my strat and jam out.

be sure to belt out some ROCKIN TUNEZ and show them what's what

Also, I'm babysitting right now, so I don't really have time for animu.

I'll definitely watch two eps tomorrow, doe.

lol babysitting what are you 12 LOL why aren't you a cool NEET loser like me lol

sounds like a good plan though, especially since that lets me be lazy and go to sleep early after Doctor Who