00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,471 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-06 00:28:27

At 7/1/16 09:47 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/30/16 05:36 PM, Naked-Shin wrote:
At 6/28/16 01:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: lol It used to be real judgemental in here. This ain't shit.

Meeemoooriiieees...
Oh I know, I was there thoughtout most of it, specially with that weasel LL.
I seem to remember lots of drama between him and Wonko.

Now it's not as much, but still the same throat tearing flame wars in a lesser extent.
Mendou got so much shit from Gendo and Haro when he was new for the anime he liked. It was like hazing. lol. I think it happened to Animetal, too. They were both good users.

I wasn't around for that part anyways, I ended up leaving behind the NG forums when most of the old crew drifted apart.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-06 05:24:50

At 6/28/16 01:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: lol It used to be real judgemental in here. This ain't shit.

Meeemoooriiieees...
Oh I know, I was there thoughtout most of it, specially with that weasel LL.
I seem to remember lots of drama between him and Wonko.

I think that was probably the most the club has seen overall. Some others here and there though.

Now it's not as much, but still the same throat tearing flame wars in a lesser extent.
Mendou got so much shit from Gendo and Haro when he was new for the anime he liked. It was like hazing. lol. I think it happened to Animetal, too. They were both good users.

I gave him shit too as well when he first joined. Him and Gendo became good friends but Mendou doesn't hear much from him, if any, from him at all these days. I still talk to Mendou here and there. I doubt he'll ever come back. Hell, I don't know why I do from time to time.

I'd say a lot of us older members gave newer ones shit back then but now that we're all older and it's out of our system... meh.

In other news, Attack on Titan season 2 is coming out next year and lets not forget to mention that new Berserk coming out soon. Pretty god damn pumped for that one and the Musou game it's getting too.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-06 17:47:31

At 7/6/16 05:24 AM, Kisuke wrote:
I gave him shit too as well when he first joined. Him and Gendo became good friends but Mendou doesn't hear much from him, if any, from him at all these days. I still talk to Mendou here and there.

You still talk to Mendou? He and I used to chat on AIM all the time. He was one of the last people left still signing in before my account basically became just a way to find my phone.

I doubt he'll ever come back. Hell, I don't know why I do from time to time.

Internet in my pocket for me. I don't see myself being bothered to come around nearly as often if I had to sit at a computer rather than just be standing around wherever I am.

In other news, Attack on Titan season 2 is coming out next year and lets not forget to mention that new Berserk coming out soon.

Man, I hope Berserk gets finished some time ever. I'll start reading it again if that happens. I used to collect volumes in high school and burn through them because I had the DVD box set of the anime and wanted to know how it ended. hah!

Pretty god damn pumped for that one and the Musou game it's getting too.

That new Berserk game? Fuck yes. I never did get to play the old Dreamcast one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-10 20:31:46

Here's a question: what are 3 animes that you think deserve a game that doesn't have one yet.

My pick would be Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte the maxim, and Watamote (Watamote could be a comedy game like the stick of truth or something)

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-11 11:28:01

At 7/10/16 08:31 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: Here's a question: what are 3 animes that you think deserve a game that doesn't have one yet.

My pick would be Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte the maxim, and Watamote (Watamote could be a comedy game like the stick of truth or something)

The Guyver and BAOH third person action games. Darker Than Black fighting game. Lots of anime could be fighting games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-17 23:48:06

Who is your Waifu?

Mine is Esdeath

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-18 05:17:34

At 7/18/16 04:57 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 7/17/16 11:48 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: Who is your Waifu?

Mine is Esdeath
Fio.
She's not really from an anime but that doesn't change the fact that she's hot.

Dayum son

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-18 06:27:11

By the way, you know this is a good community when you can thank people for butts... like this one...

You're welcome boys

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-18 06:29:41

What's your fave anime song?

Mine is the dubstep song from Parasyte -the maxim-

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-18 19:16:12

At 7/18/16 07:13 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/17/16 11:48 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: Who is your Waifu?

Mine is Esdeath
Tohka Yatogami from Date A Live is one of them.

I have seen a lot of anime and I have a lot of waifus. I don't feel like naming all of them.

Daww she's so cyoot

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-18 19:21:39

At 7/18/16 07:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/18/16 07:16 PM, VenomationsTV wrote:
Daww she's so cyoot
Date A Live has a lot of cute girls.

With a name like that, I'm sure it does

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-21 21:46:25

What's your fave anime song?

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-21 21:47:16

At 7/21/16 09:46 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: What's your fave anime song?

Mine is Skyreach, the 1st opening of Akame Ga Kill

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-22 21:45:55

some cool stuff from this season

thunderbolt fantasy - this is like a chinese kungfu film except its done with puppets like team america or thunderbirds and its really violent. i just watched the first episode and it was really cool.

91 days - a mafia themed anime from the creators of baccano, also looks promising.

days - a soccer anime, pretty standard sports show, but if youre a big sports anime fan like me youll probably enjoy it a lot.

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-23 08:07:21 (edited 2016-07-23 08:08:02)

Eh, a lot of people are loving Akame Ga Kill! and Kill La Kill but I wasn't crazy about either and I got less than halfway through both. They weren't so bad either, but they didn't do much for me. Seems a lot of the stuff that's hyped all the way to Toonami now isn't as great in my eyes as it is to most people. Maybe I'm getting old. Attack on Titan was another one that people raved about and I was kinda lukewarm to it (at least I finished it). Blue Exorcist was a little better than the other new stuff on Toonami I've seen. Nothing amazing, though.

I gotta get back into checking series that aren't on TV instead of just old OVAS. There's a few I have in mind.

Also, wtf this page, Jesus.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-23 08:12:11

At 7/23/16 08:07 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Attack on Titan was another one that people raved about and I was kinda lukewarm to it

I wasn't too big on Attack On Titan either

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-23 13:44:58

Toonami will be all new tonight. Always, something nice to watch on a Saturday night. One Punch Man seems okay so far.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-23 19:54:52

attack on titans fun premise is dragged down by an overwrought political plotline and too many unlikable or boring characters. it should have probably been a bit shorter.

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-23 20:53:44

At 7/23/16 07:54 PM, DeIirium wrote: attack on titans fun premise is dragged down by an overwrought political plotline and too many unlikable or boring characters. it should have probably been a bit shorter.

I hate when animes drag out like Dragon Ball, or have a disappointing ending.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-24 21:25:36

At 7/19/16 06:28 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Kill La Kill anyone?

It wasn't all that long ago that KLK was supposed to "save" anime. Needless to say, not so much. For a series that's supposed to parody Shonen and fan service tropes, they tend to play things straight after a while.

Just seen the first episode recently.
Really love the characters in it, especially Mankanshoku

Honestly, Mankanshoku is the weakest character of the show, as more times than not, not only does she kills the pace of the show, but never really evolves past the loud wacky set piece.

All in all, KLK is actually a good anime, but you should take a lot of the parody elements with a grain of salt.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-30 14:43:21

Toonami will be all new tonight. One Punch Man is not living up to the hype. If I was him, I would do things differently. I would be living the life, being rich and happy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-30 14:46:22

At 7/30/16 02:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami will be all new tonight. One Punch Man is not living up to the hype. If I was him, I would do things differently. I would be living the life, being rich and happy.

I liked when he hit the guy in the nuts, because I'm immature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-30 15:10:06

At 7/30/16 02:46 PM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 7/30/16 02:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami will be all new tonight. One Punch Man is not living up to the hype. If I was him, I would do things differently. I would be living the life, being rich and happy.
I liked when he hit the guy in the nuts, because I'm immature

That was a good part. He should act more like Space Dandy. That guy knew how to have fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-07-30 15:16:54

At 7/30/16 03:10 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That was a good part. He should act more like Space Dandy. That guy knew how to have fun.

yeeee

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 03:13:16

What's the saddest you've anime ever seen?

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 03:13:47

At 8/1/16 03:13 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: What's the saddest you've anime ever seen?

I'd say Akame Ga Kill

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 13:17:38

Texhnolyze is fuckin' depressing. Battle Angel and Blood Reign are kinda bummers. I remember Now and Then, Here and There being a pretty sad one, but my memory of it is foggy. Grave of the Fireflies is obvious.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 16:45:52

I drew Akame

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 19:25:15

can we kinda just lock this thread

Response to Anime Club 2016-08-01 19:44:17

At 8/1/16 07:25 PM, Jackho wrote: can we kinda just lock this thread

Why?