00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,560 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:20:27

I posted my 5 a week ago, emarked on my quest for a character and back, to this day.

Favorite 5
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Akira
- Noir

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 01:03:03

Bah. The entire Live Action NGE movie is not new in terms of news. This was reported back in like 2003-04. Also I know Teen Titans isn't an anime but did anyone see all three epsiodes of "The End"? OMG it kicked ass so hard. Also last week's episode of Samurai Champloo was the greatest one so far. However it also means that we are winding down towards the last of the series. I would go into a long spoiler but the series is just too good to spoil. So I'll just answer some questions I forgot to answer earlier.

1. What is your favorite anime sword?

I would definitely go with the Gibson EB Zero 1961 model from FLCL. It might be a guitar but it kicks ass.

2. What is your favorite anime gun/projectile weapon?

Wolfwood's Cross Punisher or the Gun Mode Naota turns into when he's eaten by Canti.

3. Who is your favorite character from Dragon Ball, DBZ, or DBGT?

Hmmm. I would have to go with either Goku or Vegeta because Goku has sex with Chi Chi and Vegeta suprisingly conceived with Bulma. Who would have thought it?

4. What is your favorite episode of FLCL?

Either Full Swing because of Naota using a guitar to hit a bomb shaped like a baseball, or FLCLimax because of the final battle between Raharu and Naota/Atomsk on Medical Mechanica.

5. What is your favorite Naruto technique/attack?

I would have to say the Mangekyou Sharingan or Rasengan.

6. Who is your favorite Naruto character?

Wow. So far I like Naruto, Shikamaru, and Sakura (b/c she was taught by Tsunade)

7. What is your favorite anime based video game?

Anime based huh? Then I would go with either Disgaea or Tales of Eternia for the PSX.

8. What is your favorite anime spaceship?

The Train in Galaxy Express 999.

9. What is your favorite gundam?

Death Scythe from Endless Waltz.

10. What is your favorite anime movie?

Favorite anime movie? That's a hard question. If we are talking about one shot movies, then I would go for RahXephon the Movie or Akira. If you want a series movie, I would choose End of Evangelion or Naruto the movie.

1-fave gundam character

Hmmm. I would say Duo.

2-fave energy weapon (includes swords guns ect.)

I like Naota's Gun Mode from FLCL.

3-fave character male

Keitaro Urashima from Love Hina

4fave character female

Excel and Hyatt from Excel Saga. These two make Ed from CB look normal.

5- fave manga

Wow, I'll just go ahead and say Love Hina cause it rocks.

6-fave anime theme song or song included in an anime

OMG this is hard. I would say the entire soundtrack to Please Teacher!, Fooly Cooly, Kaze Wa Mirai Ni Fuku from Trigun, Fukai Mori from Inuyasha, READY STEADY GO! from FMA, The Real Folk Blues from CB, Battlecry and Shiki no Uta from Samurai Champloo, Kiss That Started A Miracle from Steel Angel Kurumi, Soramimi Cake from Azumanga Daioh, etc.

7-fave inuyasha character

Miroku.

8-horniest anime character

I'm sorry to say this guys but Miroku isn't the horniest anime character. That title belongs to Lupin III or Kamon Nandaba from FLCL. Kamon was frickin fooling around/having sex with Raharu in episode 4. That takes the cake.

9-wussiest anime character

You guys forgot the Pig dude from Dragonball Z. He wanted to wish for Woman's underwear, lol

10-most bad ass anime character

In Terms of Badass, no one can compare to Kakashi, Rock Lee, or Gaara.

11-anime character you would most like to spend the day with

Hmmm. Seeing as how it would be fun, I'd choose Haruko from FLCL. It would definitely be interesting.

12-fave dragonball dbz or gt technique

Chou Kamehaha or the Big Bang Kamehaha.

13-anime character most like you in looks or personality

My personality is a mix of Keitaro Urashima and Naota. In terms of looks, I can't say because their really aren't many people in anime who are African American. LOL

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 01:12:28

At 7/30/05 01:03 AM, Renewman wrote: Bah. The entire Live Action NGE movie is not new in terms of news. This was reported back in like 2003-04.

I know that's not news. I was simply comparing how much of a disaster this upcoming Doom movie will be, to the kind of Tragedy the NGE Live action movie will be.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 01:17:12

At 7/29/05 09:24 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote: SON OF A BITCH!!!

Sanosuke from Ruruni Kenshin? He's probably taken, but what the hell?

If he's taken I'll choose Lil' Slugger from Paranoia Agent.

You never listen do ya, since you're ain't going to back after this I bet....

Fine since I gave up to argue about it.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 02:53:59

At 7/26/05 11:53 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:
1. What is your favorite anime sword?

Masamune

2. What is your favorite anime gun/projectile weapon?

Megaparticle cannon

3. Who is your favorite character from Dragon Ball, DBZ, or DBGT?

Trunks

4. What is your favorite episode of FLCL?

Episode 4

5. What is your favorite Naruto technique/attack?

That Naruto Clone technique

6. Who is your favorite Naruto character?

Sasuke

7. What is your favorite anime based video game?

Gundam Battle Assault 1&2

8. What is your favorite anime spaceship?

Swordfish (Cowboy Bebop)

9. What is your favorite gundam?

Nu Gundam

10. What is your favorite anime movie?

Akira

ONLY 1 answer for each. NO TIES!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 03:11:24

clubs are kewl

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 03:33:34

Top 5
1-Elfen lied
2-kiddy grade
3-rahxephon
4-flcl
5-vandread

My anime person, has to be armblast from kiddy grade! Invincible suitcase!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 05:38:36

Time for my third and final El-Hazard review!
REVIEW: Wanderers of El-Hazard
***WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD: DETOUR ABSENT***

I will admit I went into this series with a feeling of trepidation. After seeing on the Dimension Tables special feature in El-Hazard! The Magnificient World 2! that Fatora would not be present in the anime, I felt that it would be lacking strongly in comedic value. However, Allielle managed to still carry a bit of comedy, despite her lover's absence. Wanderers is clearly meant to be more romantic than comedic, and since Allielle and Fatora's relationship involved mroe comedy than romance (even though the two were often tied together), it seems easy to see why Fatora was disposed of for Wanderers.
One of the key points of this anime, in my opinion, is the difference between the Ifurita from El-Hazard! The Magnificient World 1 & 2, and the Ifurita from Wanderers. While the original Ifurita was serious and experienced, the Wanderers Ifurita was comical and naive. Seeing that Makoto had feelings for the first Ifurita, and not the second, this may say something about what kind of personality he would prefer.
Perhaps the best part of this anime is how Jinnai seems to find himself unable to carry out any of his evil plans after Makoto has been taken away by the Eye of God. It seems that not only was Makoto key to keeping everyone else happy and cheerful. he was the key to Jinnai's constant evil plans for attacking the kingdom.
I noticed an odd quirk: Though it is obvious throughout the anime that Makoto and Rune care very deeply for each other, neither of them ever comes out and says that they're in love. The closest they come is when Makoto mentions that they're two hearts bound by holy contract (obviously feelings of love). Maybe this is to show that some things don't need to be said, perhaps it's overall laziness on the part of the translators. Who knows?
Also, it seems Fatora just might be in this if it had gone a bit longer. If you pay attention during the last few episodes, the old guy at the castle (the one Fujisawa keeps calling a principal) talks about how the King's mark could only exist on Rune if she had a sister who it also existed upon. This leads one to believe that Fatora was somehow lost at birth, and may be found if more episodes were to be made (which won't happen, though.....). Yet, despite Fatora's absence, one gets the feeling that Alliele feels the same way towards Nanami and Shayla as she does in TMW and TAW, although she might be less bold in expressing it with Fatora's absence.
After speaking with my friend, we agree that some things from Wanderers could have been put into TMW and TAW to improve them, such as the story behind the rivalry between Afura Mann and Shayla-Shayla, and the more comical Ifurita.
***END SPOILERS***
Overall, like its predecessors, this series is excellent. Five stars.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 07:39:19

(quoted from Noir)
Favorite 5
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Akira
- Noir
(end quote)

<3 to you for having bleach as 2nd! ^_^
Anyone else as perverted as me that watches Mahou Sensei Negima?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 08:30:39

At 7/29/05 09:24 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote: SON OF A BITCH!!!

Sanosuke from Ruruni Kenshin? He's probably taken, but what the hell?

If he's taken I'll choose Lil' Slugger from Paranoia Agent.

Actually, Sanosuke and Little Slugger ar both taken, but Hiei looks available.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 10:45:05

Hahahaha! Man, the more Japanese I learn, the funnier anime gets!

***********Spoiler for ep 10 of Yu Yu Hakusho***************

I'm watching the japanese version on Dual Audio OGMs of Yu Yu, and it's the fight between Kuwabara and the swordsman. In this version, he calls the swordsman's punches "Okama punches." An Okama is a cross dressing guy or a gay guy, so they translated it as Fairy Punches, though anyone who knows what the word Okama means, knows he's calling him a limp-wrist.

***************End Spoiler**************

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 11:32:23

Actually, Sanosuke and Little Slugger ar both taken, but Hiei looks available.

Gaignun_Jr said that he wasn't, but I'll take your word for it. My character is now Hiei.

And now for a legitimate question: I have comcast digital cable w/ on demand. Is Anime Network only availible through on demand or is it a channel as well?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 12:55:18

At 7/29/05 11:56 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote:
At 7/29/05 11:51 PM, arrogance wrote: After a fucking week, I've decided I'll be the Frog Hermit from Naruto, and if he is in use on the list, then, oh lord, strike me down where I stand.
Well, I'm only the lord of Shadows, but I guess I'll due. *Strikes you down* gaarashukaku = Jiraiya (Naruto) The "Frog Hermet" is indeed taken. Sorry man.

hahahaha. yah sorry dude im jiraiya in this club 0_o. but one day you may take my title... in anycase

**********0H N03S !7$ @ $P0!13R*******
ive been itching to see how the new stage of zangetsu is for ichigo is....since zenpachi didnt have a stage i was a bit disappointed about him not having a cool ass changing sword...oh well
*********END OF SPOILER**********

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 14:50:01

I'll join

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 19:42:17

At 7/30/05 02:50 PM, viperxxx565 wrote: I'll join

Sure dude, just list your five favorite animes and chose a anime character to represent you. The character must be the same sex as you and not an animal or a robot. (Example: Ryo-oh-ki from Tenchi or a Gundam are both out of the question.) Here are the Rules , you must read them; and the Rules Members List You have to pick an anime character that none of them have already picked.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 20:38:18

ohh cool can i join i love anime speshily yu yu hakusho and gundam wing

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 21:27:29

hehehehehehe....I know what Zangetsu's next form is and you might get a little dissapointed about it

***********************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************

The next form is a regular Zanpakto (or however you spell it) but it's name in english is like "Sword that touches the full moon" or something. I wont tell you what it does though.^^ Go read the manga if you really want to know.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!End spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 23:24:18

ok a few things
1i am not on the members list please put me back on i know i posted in the last 2 months
2 all new members must list thier 5 fave animes and a character to represent them in the same gender and list the anime/manga they are from as long as they are not on the list of members see list link on the last few pages.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 02:00:06

Sorry, this post is kind of pointless. I just can't get over that one guy's eyebrows off of FLCL. It's funny. "Eybrows." O_o

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 12:19:44

well I want to buy a anime and fous on it heres the ones I have in mind can you guys tell me whats best

GTO
Blue gender
samurai champloo
cowboy bebop

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 12:22:35

At 7/31/05 03:12 AM, TheKey wrote:
At 7/23/05 12:35 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: I'm pretty sure we don't need a spammer like you.
I guess it's really a matter of perspective

No it's not, especially since that sentence is the only thing you've said for 35 consecutive posts. Get the heck out of here before I have to pull a mallet out of subspace!

On another subject, I've got a burning question:
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**
What's up with all of the murders in Paranoia Agent? I mean, none of Little Slugger's victims died until the suspect was killed in the cell at the police station, and everyone attacked by Little Slugger was found in a puddle of their own blood. What's even wierder is that none of the original victims, or even the detectives and witnesses, have appeared since.
**END OF POSSIBLE SPOILER**

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 12:40:57

At 7/31/05 02:00 AM, Hyuri wrote: Sorry, this post is kind of pointless. I just can't get over that one guy's eyebrows off of FLCL. It's funny. "Eybrows." O_o

Kitsurubami: *Looking away from Commander Amarao* Eyebrows...

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 13:04:10

At 7/31/05 12:19 PM, secret_toad wrote: well I want to buy a anime and fous on it heres the ones I have in mind can you guys tell me whats best

GTO
Blue gender
samurai champloo
cowboy bebop

Let's see here...*flashes glasses*

Since the last 2 choices are too overrated ever since they been flashed all over AS like a plague.

GTO's a 10 DVD deal with 2 seperate boxsets holding 5 each. Blue Gender is I think a 8 or 10 DVD deal with a boxset costing around $150.

Those first 2 are good choices, but I would suggest a sub for the final two:

FMP! Fumoffu
Excel Saga (Just like FLCL, only more stranger.)

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 14:36:11

FMP! Fumoffu
Excel Saga (Just like FLCL, only more stranger.)

Excel Saga is very funny and just about as random as FLCL....

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 15:08:17

Was watching Adult Swim last night..

Kohaku: *Sigh* I'm not a ninja.

Damn straight! Naruto will whoop you. o_O Ah.. anyways.. Champloo had a flashback-type of episode. Showed what I missed before. :) Yay.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 18:04:06

Today I got 2 Anime DVDs! Volume 1 of Melty Lancer and A Ghost In The Shell movie!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 20:08:53

At 7/31/05 03:08 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Was watching Adult Swim last night..
Damn straight! Naruto will whoop you.

As far as the English-translated-manga is in stores, naruto would probably not fight well, but might win. Mostly because Kohaku has no fighting skills. He is a scout ninja technically... Kohaku, i mean.

Ah.. anyways.. Champloo had a flashback-type of episode. Showed what I missed before. :) Yay.

I hate episodes like that... they're such a waste of time -- and they only make them for stupid people like you who don't watch all the episodes because "you have real lives"... blah blah blah -- no offense by the way...

(P.S. I am a member, but... well i can't really explain out loud what's up, but it rhymes with sand, canned, land, brand, manned, etc. -- so you can probably tell -- )

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 20:57:55

At 7/31/05 08:08 PM, zee_devil wrote:
At 7/31/05 03:08 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Was watching Adult Swim last night..
Damn straight! Naruto will whoop you.
As far as the English-translated-manga is in stores, naruto would probably not fight well, but might win. Mostly because Kohaku has no fighting skills. He is a scout ninja technically... Kohaku, i mean.

Kohaku is a demon slayer, so he does have fighting skills. Bankotsu just calls him a ninja because he's dressed in black.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-31 21:25:06

At 7/30/05 09:27 PM, Sesshy wrote: hehehehehehe....I know what Zangetsu's next form is and you might get a little dissapointed about it

***********************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************

The next form is a regular Zanpakto (or however you spell it) but it's name in english is like "Sword that touches the full moon" or something. I wont tell you what it does though.^^ Go read the manga if you really want to know.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!End spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well that sux i was actually looking forward for a good sword....well who knows everyone has their own perspective on stuff i might think its cool once i see it..lol...also

***spoiler*****
whats up with yourichi-san? serisously!! how the hell does a girl who turn into a cat turn out to have such a deep and manly voice....it kinda made sense in the way she acted as a cat...first i thought the cat was a guy..(obviously) but i thought it was a gay cat or something since it took too much interest in ichigo 0_o

****end spoiler??****

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-01 00:08:24

woot i think that evangelion is coming to adult swim cuz they're having previews but then again it could just be another one of those show 50 episodes then cancle things.