00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kekiiro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,568 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-12 20:19:12

At 5/12/10 03:18 PM, LaForge wrote: Okay, there's a cliche that's really starting to bother me in anime. The "true form".

Lol, it's a shounen. Of course you're gonna get horribly drawn out fight sequences, and to make these last as many episodes as they can they'll level the villains in "form sequence". Prime example: Freiza, Cell and Buu.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-12 21:53:40

At 5/12/10 09:14 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 5/12/10 08:19 PM, Deleric wrote: Prime example: Freiza, Cell and Buu.
But at least DBZ was good.

Each form in DBZ ushers in a new epic battle

In other series like Bleach it's just a gimmick that usually renders the fight before it void

I like Bleach but most of the time the 'ascended' form isn't all that impressive.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-12 23:12:13

At 5/12/10 11:01 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/12/10 09:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I like Bleach but most of the time the 'ascended' form isn't all that impressive.
My favorite is Wabisuke (Apologizer). Everything it hits doubles in weight, and with each successive hit it doubles again and again. Plus it's user's hairdo is tight.

I agree, some of them are really cool like the above mentioned and I thought Soifon's two hit kill shot was neat and suited her well.

Other's, most disappointingly the protagonists, are very simple and are something uninspired like Rukia's is 'Ice' and Ichigo's just shoots beams.

All the 2nd string characters are much more inspired oddly enough

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-13 11:14:48

At 5/11/10 06:54 PM, Deleric wrote: Can you name Anime by Opening Credits?

Pretty good. Didn't even go for it just went by what I saw. Stopped at 5:00 since I got all of them except for 6 up to that point.

Needs more JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOO

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-13 11:21:19

forgot to add that some of them were dead give aways. you wouldn't even have to have seen the show to know the characters. a good number of re-occurring characters as well.

it was more obscure titles and less main stream it would be a lot more fun.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-14 02:43:09

hi guys.

poppin in to say hi and that i haven't gotten through the final lupin movie pack yet.

one day..

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-14 06:23:06

At 5/13/10 11:21 AM, Kisuke wrote: forgot to add that some of them were dead give aways. you wouldn't even have to have seen the show to know the characters. a good number of re-occurring characters as well.

That's definitely how I got most of them.

If it hadn't shown the character, I would have gotten maybe... Five?

I always skip the opening credits when I'm watching a show. Unless the song is really good, like in Bebop.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-14 17:14:18

I'm trying to get myself back into watching anime again, so I starting watching Darker Than Black. I've only watched the first two episodes, but so far I really like the series. Has anyone else here watched it? If so, what did you guys think of it?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-14 20:10:40

At 5/14/10 07:45 PM, LaForge wrote: Largest fuckin' eyes I've ever seen in anime. Not saying much since I only started watching like a year ago...pic related.

What I find more bizarre is the truly massive foreheads those girls have.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-14 20:13:26

I can't stand the character deigns in that show, or their behavior. That show supposedly has a deep story or something but i can't take that shit seriously.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 05:20:08

At 5/14/10 10:02 PM, LaForge wrote: Del, is that Light Yagami I spy in your sig?

No, its Rion Steiner from a PSone game called Galerians. Its a psychic survival horror game where you shoot drugs in your neck and blow peoples heads up.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 13:26:00

At 5/14/10 06:26 PM, Mendou wrote: The plot isn't the very best(Too many events going on at once, too many organizations etc)

I've just watched the first ten episodes, and I have to say that I love the way the story plays out. I like how the series focuses on individual stories rather than one long one. It makes it extremely interesting because you're constantly getting to see new characters and hearing about their pasts. The stories all have great endings too.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 17:11:15

At 5/15/10 10:00 AM, RadRobert wrote: I drew Harima from School Rumble!

That's great, son.

Let's just put it right up here on the refrigerator, so everyone can see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 19:04:50

I have been unable to find any good animes. I find myself re watching NGE, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and GITS over and over and finding myself disappointed by any new anime series I happen to pick up. All animes series released since Bakemonogatari suck balls prove me wrong :P .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 19:49:40

At 5/15/10 05:32 PM, Mendou wrote: Oh, no doubt that the stories were good. I was meaning that the events going on behind the scenes aren't explained very clearly.

Yeah, I guess it's more or less because there's so much going on at once, so things get a bit cluttered. It's a lot to take in at once, but I seem to catch on to whatever is going on after awhile.

I think one of the things that really attracts me to this show is how well done the English voices were. Normally it wouldn't matter if a show was in Japanese or English, but I actually find the English voices far superior to the Japanese ones.

At 5/15/10 07:04 PM, Omorashi wrote: I have been unable to find any good animes. I find myself re watching NGE, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and GITS over and over and finding myself disappointed by any new anime series I happen to pick up. All animes series released since Bakemonogatari suck balls prove me wrong :P .

Well, like I've been saying recently, Darker Than Black is fucking amazing, so you may want to watch that.

I also thought Code Geass and Kurokami were good, but a lot of people here will probably disagree with me on those two.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 20:50:21

At 5/15/10 07:49 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/15/10 05:32 PM, Mendou wrote:
I also thought Code Geass and Kurokami were good, but a lot of people here will probably disagree with me on those two.

I loved Code Geass

It had interesting characters and enough depth to work your brain without being overbearing.

It's an anime that manages to make the protagonist actually smart without being unlikable.

Plus the mech combat is really good

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-15 22:30:57

Did anyone here watch Escaflowne?

I used to love the show as a kid

I remember being pissed when I found out Dilandau was a chick because I thought he/she was a cool character and then I realized it was a reverse trap.

I also watched a movie that was pretty much the same thing but the animation was different and some plot elements changed.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 02:37:56

I watched Escaflowne on DVD when i rented it from the library.

I cried at the end. >_<

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 03:21:54

At 5/15/10 10:00 AM, RadRobert wrote: I drew Harima from School Rumble!

Not bad.
He kinda reminds me of Masaru Sakurai.

Anime Club

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 08:16:08

At 5/15/10 08:50 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It's an anime that manages to make the protagonist actually smart without being unlikable.

In all honesty, I actually found that Lelouch was the only likable character in that show. The characters weren't particularly good, but the plot more than made up for it.

Also, Mao was awesome. The episodes with him in it were the best.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 12:59:51

At 5/15/10 08:50 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 5/15/10 07:49 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/15/10 05:32 PM, Mendou wrote:
I loved Code Geass

I agree big time, although by R2, It felt like Charles was trying too hard to be Kratos, what with "killing God" and all that. Not to mention, It seemed like everyone was armed with super-powerful knightmares, which really diluted some of the tactics into borderline abuse of upgrades, and saved at the last second moments.

It had interesting characters and enough depth to work your brain without being overbearing.

Sometimes, you kinda feel sorry for most of the characters on the rebel side and even on the Britannian side as well, considering oppression and war is everywhere for the Japanese, and a maniac leading the Brits.

It's an anime that manages to make the protagonist actually smart without being unlikable.

:I agree with that also, Lelouch is good guy, even if he is a smug jerk, and everyone wanted him dead by the end.

Plus the mech combat is really good

It really should have been the Lancelot, Guren mkII, and maybe the Shinkiro in the case of the advanced knightmares. As I said before, it sorta diluted the tactics to who has the biggest gun or the best upgrades on the mech. It felt like the other guys in the other knightmares were either target practice or borderline kamakaze pilots.

Still loved the show, though.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 13:13:22

did not like Escaflowne

Darker Than Black is cool. I still haven't seen season 2.

I was never interested in Code Geass

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 15:52:03

At 5/15/10 07:49 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Well, like I've been saying recently, Darker Than Black is fucking amazing, so you may want to watch that.

I watch too much anime I think; I have seen all of those. S01 of Darker Than Black was good but it confused me when all of the contractors died then where suddenly brought back to life in S02. Code Geass was kind of like one of those amines that I don't like but I watch all of them anyways. I didn't like Kurokami at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 18:47:23

At 5/16/10 03:52 PM, Omorashi wrote: S01 of Darker Than Black was good but it confused me when all of the contractors died then where suddenly brought back to life in S02.

Cool spoilers, bro!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 19:04:56

What kinds of Anime do you guys talk about in here? :D

Omnomnom.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 19:37:28

At 5/16/10 06:47 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/16/10 03:52 PM, Omorashi wrote: S01 of Darker Than Black was good but it confused me when all of the contractors died then where suddenly brought back to life in S02.
Cool spoilers, bro!

I figured you had already watched it since your recommending it. When I find a anime I watch all the episodes in a few days; I watched that one a few months ago. Also can any one explain to me how they all came back to life in S02? Some real spoilers are at the end of S02 they all die again :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 20:31:30

At 5/16/10 07:04 PM, JaciMoos wrote: What kinds of Anime do you guys talk about in here? :D

All of them

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 21:45:10

At 5/16/10 07:37 PM, Omorashi wrote: I figured you had already watched it since your recommending it.

I'm in the process of watching it right now, that's why I didn't want to hear any spoilers.

When I find a anime I watch all the episodes in a few days

I started watching it on Friday, now I'm on episode 21.

I watched that one a few months ago. Also can any one explain to me how they all came back to life in S02? Some real spoilers are at the end of S02 they all die again :P.

Dude, seriously, you want to give me a warning before you posts more spoilers? Seriously, Newgrounds needs spoiler tags like the ones on 4Chan.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 22:48:48

At 5/16/10 10:09 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm with Deadly on this, I'm on episode three of Darker than Black and you just totally ruined it for me. It's common sense to say "spoiler alert" when you're about to give out information on a show.

Meh its not anything new I figured you guys would have seen it :P . But then again I guess I am a little bit more nerdy then the rest of you :P . I usually watch a lot of anime but recently I haven't been able to find and thing new thats any good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 22:51:16

At 5/16/10 07:04 PM, JaciMoos wrote: What kinds of Anime do you guys talk about in here? :D

Chobbits onleh mahn.

BBS Signature