00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,847,310 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 22:51:35

At 5/16/10 10:48 PM, Omorashi wrote: Meh its not anything new I figured you guys would have seen it :P . But then again I guess I am a little bit more nerdy then the rest of you :P . I usually watch a lot of anime but recently I haven't been able to find and thing new thats any good.

Regardless, you should still give fair warning if you're going to post spoilers. You can't just assume everyone is done watching a series before you.

That's one of the things I don't like about the internet, it makes it near impossible to enjoy something without it being spoiled.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 22:55:33

At 5/16/10 10:51 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Regardless, you should still give fair warning if you're going to post spoilers. You can't just assume everyone is done watching a series before you.

That's one of the things I don't like about the internet, it makes it near impossible to enjoy something without it being spoiled.

Holy shit man can you QQ more about a semi decent show that I ruined for you? What other animes do you watch I can probably ruin those for you too. I have no fucking life dude.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-16 23:19:41

At 5/16/10 02:47 PM, LaForge wrote: I didn't like the Mao episodes on Geass, there were too talky and Mao was too weird and eccentric. Plus when they were playing chess why didn't Lelouch just press down on his side to release his sister? Derp.

*Potential Spoiler Alert*

You would think so, but Mao could read his mind and before he could press down on the switch, Mao would have more than likely iced both Lelouch and Nunnally with a bullet and a bomb, respectfully.

Speaking of spoilers, I may have mention a spoiler in my previous post, so I apologize in advance if I did spoil anything around the middle of R2.

Back to the subject at hand, I am currently watching more 70's, 80s, and early 90s anime, trying to understand the roots of modern anime and so on. Though from time to time, I do watch some of today's anime when I get the chance, I have seen Kurokami, and I thought was disappointing, considering a lot of my friends recommended it. I haven't seen DtB, but I suppose I should now that someone spilled the beans, so to speak.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 01:21:39

At 5/16/10 10:55 PM, Omorashi wrote: Holy shit man can you QQ more about a semi decent show that I ruined for you? What other animes do you watch I can probably ruin those for you too. I have no fucking life dude.

Just fuck right off.

I cannot stand people that spoil things for others.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 06:57:30

At 5/17/10 01:21 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/16/10 10:55 PM, Omorashi wrote: I have no fucking life dude.
Just fuck right off.
I cannot stand people that spoil things for others.

I agree completely. It's one thing to spoil a show for someone unexpectedly but to do it just because is another. I won't stand for it. Darken your spoilers like how quotes are.

Like this.

It's less likely for someone to see it even if you but a spoiler warning over head.

FMA: Brotherhood was pretty good this week. The second half of the episodes animation went to dog shit. That's a given though since they put a lot of work into the first half and then evened out in the last quarter. Six more episodes left and I'm pretty moved to see how it'll all end. Hard to find a series that moves me to manly tears like some of the scenes in this particular arc are going.

Went with Josh's' recommendation on Trapeze the other day.

YOU DIDN'T FAIL ME SON I AM PROUD.

First episode was awesome. Love the switch style of animation in this series mixed with actual people. Pretty funny in parts as well. Depending on if I have to dig a massive hole in my yard Wednesday to prevent further flooding of my basement I'll finish the last ten episodes off and then watch Honneamise no Tsubasa. Honneamise has A LOT of mixed reviews but I'm going to be positive with this one. Plus I love the animation styles of the late 80's to early 90's. Since that's when I started watching anime I think it'll always be where my heart is for anime.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 11:32:19

Misplaced genitalia.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 13:41:14

At 5/16/10 10:48 PM, Omorashi wrote: Meh its not anything new I figured you guys would have seen it :P . But then again I guess I am a little bit more nerdy then the rest of you :P .

Well, you're a dick for assuming that and spoiling it like that. Also, it is new. dick.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 16:30:48

At 5/16/10 11:19 PM, orangebomb wrote: I have seen Kurokami, and I thought was disappointing, considering a lot of my friends recommended it.

I actually really liked Kurokami, but there were a few flaws that really bothered me by the end of the series. The actual plot was really good at first, but by the end of the series it felt like the writers gave up and decided to make the series cliched. Also, the fight scenes felt like they were taken out of a kids show. Other than that, the series is good, especially around the beggining.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-17 20:46:54

Awesome drug binge is seeping into the Anime Club.
I'd give you a WestSide but I'm afraid such a motion would result in my hand uncontrollably consuming everything in it's way.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 00:15:20

At 5/17/10 10:27 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Serious question, who loved the marriage of Matilda and Woody near the end of MSG? I found it to be one of the most refreshing and uplifting, restful moments of the entire franchise.

MSG sure did a great job of balancing all the unhappy moments out.

MSG?
Monosodium glutamate?

I know, it stands for something else, but I don't know what. Looks Tatsunoko-ish, though.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 00:49:28

At 5/18/10 12:15 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 5/17/10 10:27 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: MSG sure did a great job of balancing all the unhappy moments out.
MSG?
Monosodium glutamate?

I know, it stands for something else, but I don't know what. Looks Tatsunoko-ish, though.

DAMMIT!
It was Mobile Suit Gundam!

Why'd I forget something so essential?

Anime Club

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 13:48:25

I'm on an InuYasha kick right now, almost finished my Season 1 boxed set and would say I'm hooked once again on this series. Also checking out Bleach as it seems virtually every Anime fan swears by it. Finished the first four episodes and found it has potential, though I find the character "Rukia Kuchiki" to be rather annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 14:20:46

At 5/18/10 02:11 PM, Mendou wrote: Prepare for disappointment when the Soul Society arc starts up.

Fuck, I was hoping once they unveiled that facet of the show things would start getting interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 16:54:09

I think Bleach is one of the weakest series story wise of the 'Big 3' (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach)

However, it's probably the one that translates best to anime due to the slick animations and art of Tite Kubo. The battles are concise and exciting but sometimes repetitive.

Though I find the Soul Society arc to be one of the better ones because it helps push the story along nicely while establishing a central villain.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 16:59:36

At 5/18/10 04:54 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I think Bleach is one of the weakest series story wise of the 'Big 3' (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach)

The 'Big 3'?

Why are those the 'Big 3'?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 17:21:20

At 5/18/10 04:59 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/18/10 04:54 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I think Bleach is one of the weakest series story wise of the 'Big 3' (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach)
The 'Big 3'?

Well they are the most popular of the Shonen Jump Manga currently so I call them the Big 3

Remember, i'm a manga reader before an Anime watcher

It's not a thing of preference though

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 17:38:25

At 5/18/10 04:51 PM, LaForge wrote: Fuck InuYasha.

Them's fighting words.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 17:54:45

At 5/18/10 04:51 PM, LaForge wrote: Fuck InuYasha.

second

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 21:33:44

At 5/18/10 09:17 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Sure are alot of REBEL ANIME EXPERTS IN OUR MOST DISTURBED AND BLEMISHED PRINCIPALITY....

I'll fucking Drew Pickle your ass.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 22:01:33

At 5/18/10 05:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
The 'Big 3'?

Well they are the most popular of the Shonen Jump Manga currently so I call them the Big 3

Remember, i'm a manga reader before an Anime watcher

It's not a thing of preference though

And only One Piece is the one wroth watching or reading because it isn't retarded... well it isn't as retarded as one would find in a Shonen series.

and speaking of Bleach: Didja read Chapter 403 yet herp

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 22:57:46

At 5/18/10 10:01 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 5/18/10 05:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 5/18/10 04:54 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
and speaking of Bleach: Didja read Chapter 403 yet herp

Not to mention the fact that all he does is get his shit beat but everyone's all like

"OMG HE DIDN'T DIE HE SOOOO POWERFUL!!!"

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 23:50:56

At 5/18/10 10:13 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Wanna bring angelica and we can go with the kids?

Bringing her along sounds like a good idea.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-18 23:56:07

At 5/18/10 11:50 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote:
At 5/18/10 10:13 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Wanna bring angelica and we can go with the kids?
Bringing her along sounds like a good idea.

Looks like Stu is about to loser control over more than just his life

If you get what I mean

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 01:32:14

At 5/19/10 01:24 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: How about some chocolate pudding before we go?

This is no time for obesity, quickly Kermit, grab hold of my broadsword and unleash the power within!

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 01:34:47

Shitposting ennds nnow or pigtails gets it.

Anime Club

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 01:37:20

Does anyone here read manga at all?

Because I have read a good number of Manga I wish I could see as Anime

Mostly Ubel Blatt

Has anyone heard of it?

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 02:51:29

At 5/19/10 01:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Does anyone here read manga at all?

I don't. I just prefer shows, and there's not many manga titles that interest me being sold here.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 08:05:46

At 5/19/10 01:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Does anyone here read manga at all?

Because I have read a good number of Manga I wish I could see as Anime

Mostly Ubel Blatt

Has anyone heard of it?

I do read Manga. Only online though, rarely do i actually buy manga. I do own lots of Dragonball books though, and 1 volume of hellsing, battle royale, and Death note.
Currently i'm reading Berserk for the second time. Good example of a series where the manga version is far superior to the anime version.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 10:31:32

Berserk was the only manga I actually started buying and really got into. I went through the first, I dunno, 3-5 books, really fast. Then I saw that it wasn't even close to being finished, so I stopped reading. I still haven't continued reading it. Maybe I will if Miura finishes the goddamn thing before he dies.

At 5/18/10 09:17 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Sure are alot of REBEL ANIME EXPERTS IN OUR MOST DISTURBED AND BLEMISHED PRINCIPALITY....

shaddap

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-19 10:53:03

At 5/19/10 06:55 AM, LaForge wrote:
My quality of living might increase if she died, because less 4chan faggots would flood the general.

> Implying Yotsuba is from 4chan

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature