00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heretoplayarnd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,900,224 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 13:17:48

At 11/21/07 10:46 AM, Luis wrote: Ironically i've been depressed and i do occasionally hit depression phases but i've never entertained the idea of treating it with something.. i just see as a sign to make a new meet up LMAO

Depression drugs tend to do more damage then they treat, or so i hear. probably a good thing you stay off of them.

anywho i think the best remedy for depression is just talking to someone.. even like just being a little bitch and balling out in front of your mate is very therapeutic.. it doesnt like like literally have to turn into a dr. phil session ... just sitting there and letting a person take a load off their mind and being witness has always helped me feel better.

I came out of highschool with most of my friends and random people actually thinking i have no emotion. Which is why i never talk to people about life issues, they just dont see me a person they can talk to. So, ive never had to do it with any friends, but my mother has had some pretty crazy outbreaks, and i just kinda sit and listen...seems to work just fine.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 16:43:54

At 11/21/07 08:20 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Particle effect v.3
http://www.swfup.com/file/61130
I fixed the movement engine and it's cooler now.

You posted the same link! :P
Otherwise, how did you do that! It's so awesome. I understand how you did all the dots and duplicated the movieclips and stuff, but how did you make it so that you have them like take the color it was close to. AND how did you do that without lagging, it's awesome!

British Rap Video?
Does anyone remember that music video in flash that was for a British rapper and it won some contest that was like a real one and not just a single site one. It was a video by some woman who had all these guys growing out of each other. I remember I saw a link to it from either ponyta or whatever that site is called or it was from some n-game thing on metanet. If anyone remembers and knows about it, please tell me.

Name Lineage
CSAddict1
fuhQ2
El-Presidente (current)

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 17:11:23

At 11/21/07 04:43 PM, El-Presidente wrote: You posted the same link! :P

No i didnt

Otherwise, how did you do that! It's so awesome. I understand how you did all the dots and duplicated the movieclips and stuff, but how did you make it so that you have them like take the color it was close to. AND how did you do that without lagging, it's awesome!

FUN FACT: There are no movieclips, just a bitmap data and an array of arrays that stores speed position color and destination position.

Also, a bitmapdata that's reprinted every frame with the 100x100 preloader movieclip, then pixels pullt he color from that data with a getPixel32 call.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 17:44:47

Freelance Opportunity?
I saw all these posters posted up in Toronto.. i took a picture of em cause they related to flash.

If anyone follows up on it and finds that its something worthwhile let me kno.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 17:47:16

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 17:50:33

At 11/21/07 05:44 PM, Luis wrote: Freelance Opportunity?

Damnit! I need to work in the multimedia industry next year, as part of my course. If only I was Canadian!

HINT HINT Someone in the UK offer me work!!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 17:53:00

i dont think its onsite work. i think they just need production work wherever you are.

Usually thats what the advertising industry is like.. itd be worth a shot to just link em to a show reel of yours or something... i think they are more interested in people who do flash fast and well done.

I guess toronto is more a hotbed of flash talent so they went out and posted bills on it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 18:02:53

At 11/21/07 05:53 PM, Luis wrote: I guess toronto is more a hotbed of flash talent so they went out and posted bills on it.

Anyone know of any other cities that are good for Flash?

There's loads in London, but it does mean living with me 'rents for the year. They're pretty against me working in Canterbury (where my Uni is) so I'dl oved tosee what they say if I told them about Toronto. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 18:05:18

At 11/21/07 04:43 PM, El-Presidente wrote: British Rap Video?

I don't know what song you mean, but I saw Plan B's "No More Eatin'" video today. I forgot howmuch I love it.

LOLOLOL IRRELEVANT!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 19:12:44

Freelance Opportunity

Thats cool. You never see that kind of stuff around here. I may consider following it up.

Anti-depressants

You guys make the side effects sound much worse than they are. The may make you worse, meaning about 2% of the time. But yeah, they probably aren't the best solution out there, but they help.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 21:51:49

At 11/21/07 08:49 PM, caseyo wrote: also i feel lame becasue i dont have anyone to talk to but a forum on the internet with people i've never met.

Man, you certainly are going through some tough times...

Maybe you are just thinking about your life how you don't want it to be too much and so its ending up that way. Maybe if you instead focused on thinking about your life the way you do want it to be, and maybe it just will end up that way.

Try it, trust me. It worked well for me so far. ;-)

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 23:07:18

..::Happy Pills::..

It's really hard for some people to understand what living with a mental illness is like. When I'm not on pills (yes, I've taken myself off of them several times, all without support, all cold turkey with some serious withdrawal symptoms) my whole day is a meditation on suicide. I can't function, I have headaches and I want to die.

Yeah, a lot of people go through depressive episodes and pop right back up, they can move on with their lives without medication. But feeling that bad every day of your life is a whole other thing entirely.

If you have cancer, aren't you going to do everything in your power to keep yourself well? Wouldn't you go through chemotherapy, radiation treatment, medication, anything you could possibly do to keep the cancer from killing you? Or would you just brush that off and say, "well, I don't really believe in cancer, it's just in my head and I'll be back to normal in a week?" Maybe you would do that, I don't know, but getting a shot at a normal cancer-free life sounds a Hell of a lot better then just suffering through it.

Mental illnesses are illnesses. They are as valid diseases as anything else and if it can be treated or at the very least contained and controlled with a daily dose of Prozac then I more than support that.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-21 23:22:29

- Depression -

At 11/21/07 11:10 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
It's hard for me to be depressed. I'm not from a rich or poor family. My parents haven't divorced. I have good friends. Therefore, I can't give much advice on how to get better from this disease.

I don't think there is anyone that can really give that much/good advice on beating depression.
The only thing I could think of that might help, would pretty much be just supporting those that suffer from it and keep them from feeling alone, or unwanted. Being there for them when they are in need and to just listen.
But, I have no idea since I don't suffer from it, nor have I had a friend that does. At least I don't think I do....

I can understand where you guys are comin from and I truly give my best wishes to you guys and hope you eventually get out of it. It sounds pretty horrible :<

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 00:00:08

At 11/21/07 11:10 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Depression

It's hard for me to be depressed. I'm not from a rich or poor family. My parents haven't divorced. I have good friends. Therefore, I can't give much advice on how to get better from this disease.

Same, although I wouldn't call depression a disease...

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 00:25:32

What's with all the depression talk lately? It's so depressing...
Let's talk about a time when we were happy.
Your proudest moment.
What is/was your proudest moment in your young lives thus far?
I think mine was when I was once just having a light cigar in my backyard and looking up at the sky. I just was thinkin' 'bout all the bad and good I've done in my life, the poeple I've met, how they affected me and how I affected them, and a bunch of other stuff. Then I just startin' smilin' for some reason and felt proud and I don't even know why I felt proud. It was one of 'em moments ya know?
Other then that I was pretty proud the first time a shot somethin'. lol Man that squirrels head blew to peices.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 01:08:16

At 11/22/07 12:25 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: What's with all the depression talk lately? It's so depressing...
Let's talk about a time when we were happy.

Heh.. sounds like something I would tell friends.

As for my proudest moment:
1st flash to get through the portal. I was VERY happy that moment :)
Or when I bought the Orange Box.. I was really looking forward to Portal and Ep2 :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 01:27:37

At 11/21/07 05:47 PM, Luis wrote: heres the link http://flash.pulpandfiber.com/

I need to practice. :(
But still that's cool.

RE: Proudest moment

When one of my animations was showcased in a gallery. So many people didn't think it was 'real' art though >:C

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 06:49:06

At 11/21/07 08:49 PM, caseyo wrote: so i got really upset because she thinks im creepy and i cant talk to girls like a regular person

Anti-depressants wont fix that. You need alcohol, and lots of it.

also i feel lame becasue i dont have anyone to talk to but a forum on the internet with people i've never met.

Sometimes blurting everything you're feeling inside to a bunch of random people can feel really good. It's like, "I just got all that off my chest, and I don't have to deal with my friends knowing everything about me". Thats why I have a folder full of random files I write up in notepad about how I'm feeling. It's a great way to blow off steam without others getting hurt or put into an awkward situation.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 09:04:03

At 11/21/07 08:49 PM, caseyo wrote: Anti-Depressants and Depression etc

I have an idea of how you're feeling. It sounds like my 7th-8th grade self, when I was suicidal, depressed, and had like 3 friends. I never got on meds, but I went to therapy, and that helped A LOT.

also i made a mixtape for this girl becasue i was too afraid to talk to her. and i was like "hi i made this for you" and she was like "whats this?" all bitchy and im like "mixtape" and shes like "ooohh? ok??!" all mean

Protip: Making a mixtape for a girl you don't know is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. You don't know her style of music, and it's very random.

so i got really upset because she thinks im creepy and i cant talk to girls like a regular person

You just need practice, it took me a while and I'm pretty good at talking to girls now. My problem is I'm shy off the start, They'll talk to me and I won't say much back :S. If you're aiming high, start low. Talk to chicks that are not the prettiest, but will talk back. It's like flash, if you keep doing the same things and getting blammed over and over, you'll never reach frontpage.

also i feel lame becasue i dont have anyone to talk to but a forum on the internet with people i've never met.

Pfft. Nix that thought, we're all here because at one point we were lonely or bored and we found the forums. From last April to this October I didn't know anyone in my town because I just moved in April. That's when I started doing flash, in my lonely days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 10:10:53

At 11/21/07 08:49 PM, caseyo wrote: also i feel lame becasue i dont have anyone to talk to but a forum on the internet with people i've never met.

Don't feel "lame" about it. I mean, I don't know how I got to this, but here's my thought;

The other night, I was driving somewhere and I started thinking about my life (Again, philosophy class at it's finest).

The first thing that popped into my mind was how I act very different in aspects of my life. At work, I seem very uptight, professional, and "normal". At camp/work, I completely let it out (literally). With my friends, I have some reservations but not much. Around my parents, I have a good bit of restraint. Online, I have NONE.

So the more I thought about it, it just seemed that I have, at least, 2 different personalities; my on-line style (which is slowly bleeding into the other) and my IRL Stlye (which was never that great).

This bothered and confused me. I'll ponder more on it later.

Beowulf

Sucked. Don't bother with it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 11:25:36

Medications and depression... and newcomer anxiety
I've heard anti-depressants are a really bad idea, just for the fact that eventually one kind stops working and you have to switch to another, and after a certain amount of waves of medications, you're out of options...
I on the other hand was prescribe xanex because every 3 hours i'd have a 1-2 hour panic attack for no apparent reason, and xanex is a really shitty drug :\

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 11:54:32

Happy Thanksgiving
I'm thankful for the community that we have on the forums here, and that we have this safe little haven from the General forum's insanity.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 12:03:12

RE: Thanksgiving

At 11/22/07 11:54 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving
I'm thankful for the community that we have on the forums here, and that we have this safe little haven from the General forum's insanity.

I'm thankful for what jmtb02 is thankful for because he is god. That's about all...

PS: I'm thankful for Newgrounds

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 14:00:26

At 11/22/07 10:10 AM, Radioactive24 wrote: Beowulf

Sucked. Don't bother with it.

You think? I liked it. I knew nothing of the story before hand, so i cant complain about inacuracy, but the action was sweet and...well, it was sweet. I seen it in 2D by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 15:16:57

Happy Thanksgiving!

..although we don't celebrate it. I didn't even have a clue about it being today until I read Tom's new post about the writers guild strike.

Anyhow, I'm thankful for.. eeh, not having school tomorrow because the teachers that have the lessons I usually have on Fridays are on some kind of course :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 15:26:55

Need some help with finding a good hostel in london.

So anyone familiar in London, could you please tell me which area is nice to stay in? I'd like to be close to the center with some bars/clubs and stuff. London is huge, i have no idea where the 'center' really is. Which of these hostel numbers has a great location?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 15:28:28

At 11/22/07 03:26 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Need some help with finding a good hostel in london.

So anyone familiar in London, could you please tell me which area is nice to stay in? I'd like to be close to the center with some bars/clubs and stuff. London is huge, i have no idea where the 'center' really is. Which of these hostel numbers has a great location?

Whoops copied the wrong stuff, here is the website http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/eng land/london/map/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 15:54:14

At 11/22/07 03:28 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
At 11/22/07 03:26 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Need some help with finding a good hostel in london.
Whoops copied the wrong stuff, here is the website http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/eng land/london/map/

Mogly and his friends were staying at a hostel next week for some gig. He was going to follow up with me and let me know what it was like. May want to drop him a msg next week.

You could try tripadvisor.com I usually check all my hotels on that site before i go, most of the reviews are good and people upload pics and stuff so that you can get past the photoshopped pics that most establishments use on their websites. Im not sure how thourough their database on hostels is but its worth a shot.

RE: Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving to all, and to every reg and past reg that contributed to this thread throughout the years. Even if people have moved on to bigger and better things its cool to have basked in their company at least at some point in their lives.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 21:32:48

..::happy thanksgiving::..

I'm thankful for the regs; you guys kick ass and make this forum kick ass. I wish the art forum had more people like you guys. I'm also thankful for really good wine and for the friend I just made who is quirky and awesome.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-11-22 22:14:59

At 11/22/07 03:28 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:

I'm staying at a place called 'Ashlee house'. I'll tlel you what its like after but it looks alright. We're staying in a sixteen man room, and it's a tenner a night. You can also get student discount which I didnt realise at first. When I booked it, we were just looking for the cheapest one possible and this was it.

One thing with london AITD, no matter where you are, you can be somewere else in 10 minutes. The tube is very useful. Also, I didnt know this but there are night buses too. You can use your tube ticket on these so even if you go out, you dont have to get a taxi home as long as you can get on a bus.

This is the site I booked it on ... https://www.travelstay.com/pages/AshleeH ouse.htm

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature