00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,906,785 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-12 21:33:50

At 5/12/09 07:55 PM, J1mp wrote: Awesome im sure you'll love it!

Thanks for recommending the course in the first place. :D

This better fuckin work:
its meant to be animated!

Sweet .gif ~ the fire looks awesome.

Also, I didn't notice the legs disappearing until someone pointed it out >_>

"Think about it think think about it" ~ Flight of the Conchords

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-12 21:42:30

Fluffkomix, more like partypooper

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-12 23:56:14

I play keyboards/piano, can slap the drums and am learning the trumpet.

What's the best way of sharing photos?

I was advised a few minutes ago that I should start uploading the photos I take. I've been taking a shitload of photos recently, 'keeping' about 20 pictures a day but only I - and the folk who see them on my camera screen in person - have seen them.

I'm thinking of making a php page to put them on, but I don't know how to do fancy things like centring pictures and reading text files. Also, I'd um and ahh forever about what size to upload them at, since I don't want to run out of webspace within the space of a few weeks.

So... does anyone know of a thirdparty site that would let me upload a ton of photos there each day?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for what size is good for uploading photos at?

P.S. I think that the mods should steer left.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 00:45:09

okay so im thinking of installing windows 7 RC (im planning on getting the actual version in sept), and im wondering. should i really backup my files? does windows 7 ever really crash that horribly?

the thing is, i can't back up my files because i need a floppy disc. and i dont have one. unless you guys know of another way.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 01:07:40

At 5/12/09 11:56 PM, Bezman wrote: So... does anyone know of a thirdparty site that would let me upload a ton of photos there each day?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for what size is good for uploading photos at?

I use Flickr, here's my Flickr account.

Ever since I took up photography as a hobby I've been using Flickr and so far I've been 100% satisfied. It's super easy, integrates with most of the major photo organization programs (I used iPhoto), and is super fast for uploading (uploads at specified account settings, I go with Web quality). It also integrates super well with websites and Wordpress but I mostly like out to my Flickr account directly.

You get unlimited hosting and traffic with a Pro account, which costs something like $50 for two years. I went with this option. Highly recommend it.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 01:52:42

Instuments
Thaty topic already kind of died but, oh well.

Okarina - Basic
Clarinet - Intermediate
Guitar - (Used to be basic but now I don't play it anymore I only remember the D chord).

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 04:36:43

Newgrounds Audio - Collaboration.

Hey Artists,

This is just an idea, Nothing concrete exactly. Just wanted to see what your guys opinions, ideas, and so on, With this thing that passed through my little mind. I figured despite being a Flash regular, it was obviously smarter to post here than to start a whole topic like an idiot.

Anyway, I was thinking about what your opinions would be on an Audio related collaboration. I know one like this has been created in the past, But my idea is different. Basically, Audio Regulars would submit a piece around 1 minute long, and an artist would animate their own depiction of that particular piece. (The previous collab was fairly different, But still audio related).

So just wanted to get some peoples opinions on this. And if you'd consider entering if it happened, etc.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 04:55:17

At 5/13/09 01:07 AM, jmtb02 wrote: You get unlimited hosting and traffic with a Pro account, which costs something like $50 for two years. I went with this option. Highly recommend it.

I second this option, I used the free version until my account filled up, so I upgraded to pro (which is really good value) and have never looked back since.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 05:47:08

At 5/13/09 04:36 AM, iCurrie wrote: Newgrounds Audio - Collaboration.

Sounds like a great idea to me! It would be a really good way to get the 2 communities a bit more integrated. Go for it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 05:55:28

At 5/13/09 05:47 AM, J1mp wrote: Sounds like a great idea to me! It would be a really good way to get the 2 communities a bit more integrated. Go for it!

Well, as of yet, I can't personally host it. But once someone is willing to take the lead, And we are aware of some numbers from the flash community (Audio will be taken care of by me) then we might make some ground on this :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 07:11:33

At 5/13/09 05:55 AM, iCurrie wrote: I can't personally host it.

Why not?

In case you haven't noticed yet, this isn't my main anymore. PM me here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 07:30:19

At 5/13/09 07:11 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: Why not?

My Batting Average is 4+, But Thats for Audio submissions. And as far as I know, Only flash submissions count towards hosting a flash collab? Plus, I'd basically be useless at piecing everything together. I have flash, But obviously I'm not skilled much. More of a music man :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 07:33:03

You can just ask a Flash forum reg for permission. Unless you really don't want to host it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 07:39:09

At 5/13/09 07:33 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: You can just ask a Flash forum reg for permission. Unless you really don't want to host it.

Flash forum mod, not reg. I has no power ;)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 07:40:38

At 5/13/09 07:39 AM, liaaaam wrote:
At 5/13/09 07:33 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: You can just ask a Flash forum reg for permission. Unless you really don't want to host it.
Flash forum mod, not reg. I has no power ;)

Crap I said reg? xD I meant forum mod.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 09:40:16

Since I know quite a few of you have Spotify, I think it would be interesting if we made a playlist together. The link is here, feel free to add any song you think worthy :P Don't add tonnes of songs, just a select few that you think are truly epic ^_^ I'll add a few, and we'll see how .. varied.. the music tastes are here.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 09:43:45

At 5/13/09 04:55 AM, SweetSkater wrote:
At 5/13/09 01:07 AM, jmtb02 wrote: You get unlimited hosting and traffic with a Pro account, which costs something like $50 for two years. I went with this option. Highly recommend it.
I second this option, I used the free version until my account filled up, so I upgraded to pro (which is really good value) and have never looked back since.

Thanks dudes.

I kinda hate the flickr interface though when browsing other folks' pictures. I mean, it takes two pageloads to see everything at a nice size and when browsing photos, the pageload between each image gets on my goat.

I do like the tagging system though.

Can you hotlink all you want with flickr?

Btw, JOhn, in 6570 is it a lobster? Nice photos.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 09:47:38

At 5/13/09 04:36 AM, iCurrie wrote: Newgrounds Audio - Collaboration.

Am I right in understanding that the final flash would be a bunch of disparate movies, connected by the bgm?

I personally feel like a collaboration is best when it's more than just a bunch of movies that could have been submitted separately. Ideally One o'Clock jump but even any 'normal' music vid collab feels - to me - like more of a collaboration than a bunch of separate movies.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 09:48:38

At 5/13/09 12:45 AM, fluffkomix wrote: okay so im thinking of installing windows 7 RC (im planning on getting the actual version in sept), and im wondering. should i really backup my files? does windows 7 ever really crash that horribly?

the thing is, i can't back up my files because i need a floppy disc. and i dont have one. unless you guys know of another way.

also, using firefox 7 or 8 or whatever the newest version is, im able to save the tabs that i close. if i were to upgrade to windows 7 then would i still be able to keep those tabs?

Sig made by me

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 09:57:05

At 5/13/09 09:48 AM, fluffkomix wrote: also, using firefox 7 or 8 or whatever the newest version is, im able to save the tabs that i close. if i were to upgrade to windows 7 then would i still be able to keep those tabs?

No, because windows 7 is not compatible with Firefox, only Lynx.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 10:04:43

At 5/13/09 09:57 AM, Toast wrote: No, because windows 7 is not compatible with Firefox, only Lynx.

But Lynx is text-only. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 10:19:14

At 5/13/09 09:40 AM, liaaaam wrote: Since I know quite a few of you have Spotify, I think it would be interesting if we made a playlist together. The link is here, feel free to add any song you think worthy :P Don't add tonnes of songs, just a select few that you think are truly epic ^_^ I'll add a few, and we'll see how .. varied.. the music tastes are here.

spotify isnt available to the US.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 10:22:54

At 5/13/09 10:19 AM, Luis wrote: spotify isnt available to the US.

Nor is it to Holland. Premium apparently is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 10:47:28

At 5/13/09 09:57 AM, Toast wrote:
At 5/13/09 09:48 AM, fluffkomix wrote: also, using firefox 7 or 8 or whatever the newest version is, im able to save the tabs that i close. if i were to upgrade to windows 7 then would i still be able to keep those tabs?
No, because windows 7 is not compatible with Firefox, only Lynx.

but what about internet explorer? and just like the other guy said isn't lynx text only?

Sig made by me

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 11:12:43

At 5/13/09 10:47 AM, fluffkomix wrote: but what about internet explorer? and just like the other guy said isn't lynx text only?

Text only is way better because you will be able to browse at incredible speeds and you won't have a load of junk in your recent internet files folder. Internet explorer is the root of all evil.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 11:22:30

At 5/13/09 11:12 AM, Toast wrote: Text only is way better because you will be able to browse at incredible speeds and you won't have a load of junk in your recent internet files folder. Internet explorer is the root of all evil.

But you'd never be able to view pics? Isn't there a browser with which you can switch between pics and text only?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 11:40:13

At 5/13/09 11:22 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: But you'd never be able to view pics? Isn't there a browser with which you can switch between pics and text only?

You can click the pic's link to view it on your default image viewer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 12:08:51

At 5/13/09 09:40 AM, liaaaam wrote: The link is here

It could load the playlist, but it did prompt me to download Spotify, which turned out to be a good decision.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 12:30:58

At 5/13/09 09:40 AM, liaaaam wrote: The link is here

Told me the playlist didn't exist :C

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-05-13 14:15:21

At 5/13/09 11:40 AM, Toast wrote:
At 5/13/09 11:22 AM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: But you'd never be able to view pics? Isn't there a browser with which you can switch between pics and text only?
You can click the pic's link to view it on your default image viewer.

but what about flash movies and stuff? i'd rather have a bunch of junk then a text only.

Sig made by me

BBS Signature